I know I shouldn't post this but...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

I know I shouldn't post this but...

I know I will take a rash of you know what for beating this dead horse but I have watched consistently for a long time here in this forum some over the top criticism of 2 of the greatest members that this organization will most likely will ever see.

We have a QB who could possibly go down as the greatest to ever play the game but some here would tell you he is the reason for the failures of the last 10 years if you can call 2 SB's and 5 AFCCCG's. Is TB perfect??? ABSOLUTELY NOT!!! he makes mistakes just like other human QB's make. What I would submit over the last 10 years is that IMHO if you want to lay one game at his feet which could be considered SOLELY his fault I would have to go back to the Denver playoff loss in Denver the year after the last SB. Just a poorly played game with some poorly thrown balls. In all the other playoff losses did he make mistakes??? YES HE DID... but were those mistakes the SOLE reason for the losses??? I would submit that there were many plays by other players, many breakdowns by other units and for the most part they were losses that the entire team was responsible for. If you want to say the playoff loss to the Jets he played a bigger role than most I could possibly agree based on the INT on the Screen Pass on the 1st drive that sort of set a tone but even that game had a dozen other plays by other players especially on the other 2 units. All I can say about TB is that in my years (mid 70's) of watching football there is no more intelligent and competitive guy that I have seen behind center in the NFL. If this makes me a TB Rump Swab so be it.

As far as BB goes I understand that with him the criticism goes with the territory. He is the guy responsible for all aspects of the football operations and the buck stops with him. Has BB the coach made mistakes??? ABSOLUTELY!!! Has BB the GM made mistakes? ABSOLUTELY!!! Has BB the  president of football OPs made mistakes??? ABSOLUTELY!!! It is impossible in today’s NFL not to make mistakes based on the way the rules are set up to promote parity. In order to keep this short this is what I would say about BB.... he has brought a philosophy and program to this franchise that has made them a legitimate contender year in and year out, his record speaks for itself. I would want no other person leading this teams coaching staff/front office. If this makes me a BB Rump Swab so be it.

For my money the 2 of them together I believe have been perfect for each other and this orginization. They are consistently on the same page and believe in the same philosophies. I know I will take a rash of s h*t by both sides and agree both deserve to be criticized when warranted but it just seems that at times it is over the top for some posters. Sorry about the length… Just my 2 cents.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from AyyyBoston. Show AyyyBoston's posts

Re: I know I shouldn't post this but...

Jri, I disagree. This thread was MUCH needed. I cannot believe the amount of crap that is thrown back and forth about these two. BB is an excellent coach, and he does have a few weaknesses as a GM...that doesn't mean he isn't a good GM. Likewise, Brady is an awsome QB, but he has had his struggles in the post season...it's ok to recognize this. However, he is not this team's biggest problem at all.

These two are the biggest reason for the team's success...you can criticize them, but they don't deserve to be bashed to hell and back.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

In response to AyyyBoston's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Jri, I disagree. This thread was MUCH needed. I cannot believe the amount of crap that is thrown back and forth about these two. BB is an excellent coach, and he does have a few weaknesses as a GM...that doesn't mean he isn't a good GM. Likewise, Brady is an awsome QB, but he has had his struggles in the post season...it's ok to recognize this. However, he is not this team's biggest problem at all.

[/QUOTE]

Agreed they are far from it!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from AyyyBoston. Show AyyyBoston's posts

In response to ghostofjri37's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to AyyyBoston's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Agreed they are far from it!

[/QUOTE]

The bolded part was talking about Brady, but BB applies as well! Haha

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from neinmd. Show neinmd's posts

I know I will take a rash of you know what for beating this dead horse but I have watched consistently for a long time here in this forum some over the top criticism of 2 of the greatest members that this organization will most likely will ever see.

We have a QB who could possibly go down as the greatest to ever play the game but some here would tell you he is the reason for the failures of the last 10 years if you can call 2 SB's and 5 AFCCCG's. Is TB perfect??? ABSOLUTELY NOT!!! he makes mistakes just like other human QB's make. What I would submit over the last 10 years is that IMHO if you want to lay one game at his feet which could be considered SOLELY his fault I would have to go back to the Denver playoff loss in Denver the year after the last SB. Just a poorly played game with some poorly thrown balls. In all the other playoff losses did he make mistakes??? YES HE DID... but were those mistakes the SOLE reason for the losses??? I would submit that there were many plays by other players, many breakdowns by other units and for the most part they were losses that the entire team was responsible for. If you want to say the playoff loss to the Jets he played a bigger role than most I could possibly agree based on the INT on the Screen Pass on the 1st drive that sort of set a tone but even that game had a dozen other plays by other players especially on the other 2 units. All I can say about TB is that in my years (mid 70's) of watching football there is no more intelligent and competitive guy that I have seen behind center in the NFL. If this makes me a TB Rump Swab so be it.

As far as BB goes I understand that with him the criticism goes with the territory. He is the guy responsible for all aspects of the football operations and the buck stops with him. Has BB the coach made mistakes??? ABSOLUTELY!!! Has BB the GM made mistakes? ABSOLUTELY!!! Has BB the  president of football OPs made mistakes??? ABSOLUTELY!!! It is impossible in today’s NFL not to make mistakes based on the way the rules are set up to promote parity. In order to keep this short this is what I would say about BB.... he has brought a philosophy and program to this franchise that has made them a legitimate contender year in and year out, his record speaks for itself. I would want no other person leading this teams coaching staff/front office. If this makes me a BB Rump Swab so be it.

For my money the 2 of them together I believe have been perfect for each other and this orginization. They are consistently on the same page and believe in the same philosophies. I know I will take a rash of s h*t by both sides and agree both deserve to be criticized when warranted but it just seems that at times it is over the top for some posters. Sorry about the length… Just my 2 cents.

Good post. You speak for the majority of fans, Ghost, who value both Brady and BB as critical assets on a team that has had a historic winning record since 2000. We know it won't last forever but most of us are very aware of how fortunate we are to have both at the same time. I know I stop paying attention to anyone who decides to make a point of supporting one and denigrating the other. It's idiotic, petty and childish. It's best to ignore these rantings and move on!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoNotSleepOnThePats. Show DoNotSleepOnThePats's posts

I'm glad you posted this.  We are one spoiled fan base and seeing the vitriol that the usual suspects throw around in here regarding Tom Brady and Bill Belichick is disgusting.  If football fans of other teams saw even a 1/4th of the comments in here regarding these two, they'd be stunned.  And then they would say "That's why nobody likes you Boston fans.  Spoiled bunch." 

It's one thing to criticize and it's another to disagree and have discussion but sadly the internet brings out the worst in this group.  And not just this group, any internet forum.  Everyone has internet balls and acts like a tough guy with the name calling and assuming they're smarter than those they are arguing with.  So kudos to you, ghost, for bringing this up.  I go to a Patriots bar in Alexandria, VA for every Pats game every season and I sit amongst a great group of transplanted New Englanders who love the Patriots and never, not ever, argue with each other the way the usual suspects do in here.  Not one of them would ever bash Belichick and Brady the way the usual suspects do in here and it needs to stop.  it's the same garbage day in and day out in here.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from cyncalpatfan. Show cyncalpatfan's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I don't look for perfection or guarantees...I don't need it.  I simply look for players and coaches who can consistently put this team in the best position to make a run for the ring at the end of the season.  BB and TB do just that.   

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Section136. Show Section136's posts

I can't believe I just read an entire thread filled with reasonable, respectful and intelligent contributions. Do real fans criticize their team...yup! Do real fans criticize their stars...yup! Do real fans bash, insult and name call....nope! Thanks to all who posted here today (so far) and thank you ghost for saying what needed to be said, the way it needed to be said!

Let's never forget that we have a lot of things to be grateful for as fans of the New England Patriots.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsdateam. Show Patsdateam's posts

In response to Section136's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I can't believe I just read an entire thread filled with reasonable, respectful and intelligent contributions. Do real fans criticize their team...yup! Do real fans criticize their stars...yup! Do real fans bash, insult and name call....nope! Thanks to all who posted here today (so far) and thank you ghost for saying what needed to be said, the way it needed to be said!

Let's never forget that we have a lot of things to be grateful for as fans of the New England Patriots.

[/QUOTE]

Couldn't have worded it any better.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

Good thread but the winning began before Brady and Belichick arrived. It started when James Orthwein hired Bill Parcells, who then revamped the front office and a year later when Kraft bought the team. None of this would have happened without great ownership.

That said, none of this would have happened without Brady and Belichick either.

http://www.thesunchronicle.com/sports/orthwein-set-patriots-on-path-to-prosperity/article_13f9f31e-5bbd-5060-8e4c-036f567aedb2.html

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

All, thanks for the comments!!! Digger no doubt Kraft should also be included for the success this team has had!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Brady and Belichick have, together, consistently achieved excellence.  How much more does any rational fan have a right to expect?  Do I want another Lombardi or two?  Of course.  These two put us in a position to win one every season.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from OnlyDaTruth. Show OnlyDaTruth's posts

Unfortunately, the bulk of the posts taking opinions to an extreme are generated by less than 5 people - and 4 of them bash BB just because it gets a rise out of the lone poster who thinks it's all brady's fault.

So, it only give readers the impression that there are many posters who are BB bashers or Brady Bashers.

I would say that 98% or more of the posters in this forum appreciate BB and Brady.

That being said, neither are perfect - and neither are exempt from criticism.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Well said ghost, I completely agree.  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

As ODT said really there are only a handful of posters this really applies to. The vast majority wouldn't want any other QB than Brady and wouldn't want any other coach than BB. I think most of the discussion revolves around seeing were those mistakes were made and how we think those mistakes can be best solved. To me that's worth having a debate on, how to learn from mistakes in the past and make corrections for more/better success in the future. Unfortunately, any discussions (which even 5 years ago we had on regular basis) have been seen as attacks as one side or the other which sparks extremist defense instead of sighting meaningful discussions. This over the top sarcasm and extreme examples only lead to discrediting of the actually discussion at hand and kills any real chance to talk about those issues. For example, last year not doing enough to get proper DT depth or pick up younger talent when they were available lead to the "you think you are smarter than BB" statements and just general over the top "you're a hater" mentality. Even this year questioning if they did enough on the receiving group (both in terms of WR and TE) has caused discussions with people saying either you support BB 100% of the time or you're a troll. I mean really this forum has devolved from a place of discussion on how the team would love could/should improve to you're either the Chicago fan from the SNL skit, a BBW, or a pink hat? Seriously these extreme camps are destroying this forum.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:
    [QUOTE]

As ODT said really there are only a handful of posters this really applies to. The vast majority wouldn't want any other QB than Brady and wouldn't want any other coach than BB. I think most of the discussion revolves around seeing were those mistakes were made and how we think those mistakes can be best solved. To me that's worth having a debate on, how to learn from mistakes in the past and make corrections for more/better success in the future. Unfortunately, any discussions (which even 5 years ago we had on regular basis) have been seen as attacks as one side or the other which sparks extremist defense instead of sighting meaningful discussions. This over the top sarcasm and extreme examples only lead to discrediting of the actually discussion at hand and kills any real chance to talk about those issues. For example, last year not doing enough to get proper DT depth or pick up younger talent when they were available lead to the "you think you are smarter than BB" statements and just general over the top "you're a hater" mentality. Even this year questioning if they did enough on the receiving group (both in terms of WR and TE) has caused discussions with people saying either you support BB 100% of the time or you're a troll. I mean really this forum has devolved from a place of discussion on how the team would love could/should improve to you're either the Chicago fan from the SNL skit, a BBW, or a pink hat? Seriously these extreme camps are destroying this forum.

[/QUOTE]

No doubt.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

I agree with everyone's post.  But, this attitude will just get you labeled as a homer.  Not an objective fan.

I think we're all "homers" atleast to a degree.  We're fans of a team we love and desperately want to see succeed.  

I think anyone in the organization is open to some criticism, discussion or debate but not the vitriol that is used here by some posters.  It's just ludicrous to the point where I can't believe they're actually fans of this team.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

The voice of reason.  

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from SportsGenius1. Show SportsGenius1's posts

TB and BB are arguably the two most influential in the history of the NFL. Whether they win another Super bowl or not, they will both be known as the unbeatable forces behind the success of the franchise. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from DougIrwin. Show DougIrwin's posts

I have said for years that people in Boston and NE don't have a clue how lucky we are because the media pumps into their heads how infallible the media friendly Brady is and how bad the media enemy BB is. 

I've also said for years, appreciate it now, because it's history in the making.  Not only is it history, it won't be done again in the cap era. Nope. No, it won't. BB and Brady make Walsh and Montana or Brown and Graham look like Pop Warner coaches and players.

That said, what bothers me is how Brady is completely above reproach while BB, as incredible as he's been with every rule and media onslaught up against him, basically to combat how great he is to promote parity to make more money, slants the scale. Some fans don't get this. This is about money.

Goodell ain't dumb. HE scores twice by promoting points and Brady, and by bashing BB.

It's beyond annoying, that years after Goodell takes over, our own fans don't get this.  He immediately saw to it that our team would be affected. I don't care if it was in the 2006 AFC Title game with the phantom PI call on Brown or the phantom PI call on Hobbs. It started there. IN a nutshell, BB has more hills to climb than the average coach or GM. He's held to a much higher standard. 

Look at last year with the penalties in the Jets game or the Panthers game. These are not accidents. If games are close, I expect some kind of creepy call to affect the game. Why? BB's greatness. Goodell is trying to take chances when he can to make sure if at all possible the Pats cannot get the 1 seed.  Sounds like a conspiracy, but when this much money is involved, it's not. It never is.

Let me be very clear: BB is by far and way, unequivocally, the best coach and GM in NFL history. There is no debate. RIght now, Goodell is trying to figure out how to get ahead of BB to grow the league and sell it to Europeans.

Meanwhile, Brady profits off of the benefits of what Goodell is doing.  I am mortified that some of our fans can't see this.  It's an easier passing league, offensive league and QBs get these insane benefits constantly, yet when Brady is awful in the postseason, no one says anything.

So, the scales are completely different.  Many of you absolutely are clueless about this beyond belief due to some simple minded silliness about needing to state that Brady is the best QB ever, while BB has accomplished things no other GM or coach has.

We clearly are blessed with this, but to somehow allow this board to be destroyed by gay men who apparently think Brady is gay and want to kill Giselle, those fans cannot be taken seriously. They just can't.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

When you have arguably the best HC and best QB in the league and have a series of epic fails to show for it for nearly the last decade, there is only ONE place to point the finger.

Obviously the TEAM isn't good enough to win it all or - IT WOULD HAVE! And the only place blame can be laid is at the feet of the guy who chooses the players; the GM.

And when you look at the player moves that have been made and see FAR too many ho-hum and downright terrible choices, the above axiom is decisively verified.

Now you can wring your little homer hands, stomp your little homer feet or hold your little homer breath about some honest fans pointing out the obvious, but that isn't going to change the history or the reality.

Only a fool would have no appreciation that this has been a very good team for a long time. And only a fool would think that Brady's play and BB's coaching have not been the prime factors in that quality. But take a break from homer la la land and see the obvious; BB just isn't anything great as a GM.

Question: How can you tell when Rusty's lying?

Answer: He typed something.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to DougIrwin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

We clearly are blessed with this, but to somehow allow this board to be destroyed by gay men who apparently think Brady is gay and want to kill Giselle, those fans cannot be taken seriously. They just can't.

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

You clearly are a mental case. Go get some meds.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

I see 1 poster icessantly bashing Brady. Only 1. Everything that ills the Pats, salary cap, coaching, dropped passes, penalties and on and on, is always dropped at the feet of Brady by this 1 poster

I see EVERYONE on board with BB for all things coaching. I see some frustrated with the draft choices and free agent signings. 

I think with out fail, the frustrations on the board are true fandom comments, not hatred nor malicious, save the 1 Brady basher

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from cyncalpatfan. Show cyncalpatfan's posts

Probably one of the biggest issues on this board is the habit, some people have, of complaining about a particular poster (not just one, by the way) and then trying to bait them into some kind of irrational debate that quickly devolves into bullying and name-calling.  It would be nice if people could just learn to debate an idea without it having to become a personal attack.

I think there may be a few examples of this, preceding my post.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonSportsFan111. Show BostonSportsFan111's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to DougIrwin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

You clearly are a mental case. Go get some meds.

[/QUOTE]

W-T-F??? Rustchise has totally lost it.