I know I shouldn't post this but...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

Re: I know I shouldn't post this but...

In response to ghostofjri37's comment:

I know I will take a rash of you know what for beating this dead horse but I have watched consistently for a long time here in this forum some over the top criticism of 2 of the greatest members that this organization will most likely will ever see.

We have a QB who could possibly go down as the greatest to ever play the game but some here would tell you he is the reason for the failures of the last 10 years if you can call 2 SB's and 5 AFCCCG's. Is TB perfect??? ABSOLUTELY NOT!!! he makes mistakes just like other human QB's make. What I would submit over the last 10 years is that IMHO if you want to lay one game at his feet which could be considered SOLELY his fault I would have to go back to the Denver playoff loss in Denver the year after the last SB. Just a poorly played game with some poorly thrown balls. In all the other playoff losses did he make mistakes??? YES HE DID... but were those mistakes the SOLE reason for the losses??? I would submit that there were many plays by other players, many breakdowns by other units and for the most part they were losses that the entire team was responsible for. If you want to say the playoff loss to the Jets he played a bigger role than most I could possibly agree based on the INT on the Screen Pass on the 1st drive that sort of set a tone but even that game had a dozen other plays by other players especially on the other 2 units. All I can say about TB is that in my years (mid 70's) of watching football there is no more intelligent and competitive guy that I have seen behind center in the NFL. If this makes me a TB Rump Swab so be it.

As far as BB goes I understand that with him the criticism goes with the territory. He is the guy responsible for all aspects of the football operations and the buck stops with him. Has BB the coach made mistakes??? ABSOLUTELY!!! Has BB the GM made mistakes? ABSOLUTELY!!! Has BB the  president of football OPs made mistakes??? ABSOLUTELY!!! It is impossible in today’s NFL not to make mistakes based on the way the rules are set up to promote parity. In order to keep this short this is what I would say about BB.... he has brought a philosophy and program to this franchise that has made them a legitimate contender year in and year out, his record speaks for itself. I would want no other person leading this teams coaching staff/front office. If this makes me a BB Rump Swab so be it.

For my money the 2 of them together I believe have been perfect for each other and this orginization. They are consistently on the same page and believe in the same philosophies. I know I will take a rash of s h*t by both sides and agree both deserve to be criticized when warranted but it just seems that at times it is over the top for some posters. Sorry about the length… Just my 2 cents.

BRAVO!!!

You should not feel some kind of way for speaking the truth. This Epic run is nearing its end and its definately not too early to start reflecting on just how great the Run has been with these two at the helm. If we would have won the last 2 SBs we were in, Im sure there would be much less divide between the BBW's and BBBW's but at the end of the day...You cant argue success and longevity and competing Every year. Being spoiled, sometimes we lose sight of this and wine for more rings but Im sure BB knows it comes with the territory and He is happy to take on the critics instead of being out of work. He has created a body of work here that should give him the benefit of the doubt in most cases.

Ive enjoyed watching these 2 work together and agree it is a great relationship. You wont find this type of continuity again for Years!!! or maybe Ever.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Section136. Show Section136's posts

In response to Salcon's comment:

I agree with everyone's post.  But, this attitude will just get you labeled as a homer.  Not an objective fan.

I think we're all "homers" atleast to a degree.  We're fans of a team we love and desperately want to see succeed.  

I think anyone in the organization is open to some criticism, discussion or debate but not the vitriol that is used here by some posters.  It's just ludicrous to the point where I can't believe they're actually fans of this team.

See, that's the thing. When I contribute my opinion here and someone says: "I disagree because...." and continues to state the reasons that they disagree, then I have respect for that person. I may not agree with them, they don't agree with me. But, They have entered into an intelligent, rational discourse - I like that! It's how I learn things and see things from a different point of view.

However, when someone responds to an opinion with hostility or name calling they have shown me that they lack the mental acuity that is required to have an intelligent conversation. Rather than feeling respect for the posters who react that way, I feel sorry for them. Like a child who throws a tantrum because Mom says no to a piece of candy they don't possess the tools to handle the situation.  Once they have resorted to bullying, name calling and the like, they have both started an argument and lost it all in one sweeping motion.

So...I'm a homer. Again ghost, thanks - you tried! 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheTinMan. Show TheTinMan's posts

In response to cyncalpatfan's comment:

Probably one of the biggest issues on this board is the habit, some people have, of complaining about a particular poster (not just one, by the way) and then trying to bait them into some kind of irrational debate that quickly devolves into bullying and name-calling.  It would be nice if people could just learn to debate an idea without it having to become a personal attack.

I think there may be a few examples of this, preceding my post.

You're completely wrong.
    And a moron.
    Who in their right mind thinks an internet forum is a place for reasoned debate? And you know even less about football.
    Go back to watching those Star Trek re-runs in the basement, you loser.
    You're a college drop-out, millenial moron living in mommy's basement in New Jersey because your job at the slushie stand doesn't pay enough for you to get a real life.
    Go ahead, prove I'm wrong.  You can't.
    BWAHAHAHAHA.

(sarcasm font off)

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from cyncalpatfan. Show cyncalpatfan's posts

In response to TheTinMan's comment:

Probably one of the biggest issues on this board is the habit, some people have, of complaining about a particular poster (not just one, by the way) and then trying to bait them into some kind of irrational debate that quickly devolves into bullying and name-calling.  It would be nice if people could just learn to debate an idea without it having to become a personal attack.

You're completely wrong.
    And a moron.
    Who in their right mind thinks an internet forum is a place for reasoned debate? And you know even less about football.
    You're a college drop-out, millenial moron living in mommy's basement in New Jersey because your job at the slushie stand doesn't pay enough for you to get a real life.
    BWAHAHAHAHA.

(sarcasm font off)

Wow.  That was classic!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

You're completely wrong.
    And a moron.
    BWAHAHAHAHA.

(sarcasm font off)

Wow.  That was classic!

Actually, nigh on to epic!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonSportsFan111. Show BostonSportsFan111's posts

In response to DougIrwin's comment:

In response to BostonSportsFan111's comment:

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

We clearly are blessed with this, but to somehow allow this board to be destroyed by gay men who apparently think Brady is gay and want to kill Giselle, those fans cannot be taken seriously. They just can't.

[object HTMLDivElement]

You clearly are a mental case. Go get some meds.

W-T-F??? Rustchise has totally lost it. 

How else do you explain them not once saying "brady must be better" then?

No male adult can be taken seriously as a fan if they cannot utter those words at lest once.

This is years and years of excuses.  Many non pats fans are more objective about brady's postseason flaws that go back almost a decade as opposed to people like babe an pezzy who apparently enjoy watching a mediocre qb in the postseason, even with loaded weaponry.

They just showed a clip from the 2007 afc title game the other day and the commentator was saying things like "what is wrong with brady?"

The chargers d baited him into 3 ints.  Good thing lt was a baby and rivers had a torn acl, huh?

Yup, its because they are homicidal homosexuals who want to kill Giselle. Babe is right, you are a lunatic who needs medication. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Section136. Show Section136's posts

In response to ATJ's comment:

You're completely wrong.
    And a moron.
    BWAHAHAHAHA.

(sarcasm font off)

Wow.  That was classic!

Actually, nigh on to epic!

Thanks for the chuckle!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

Does Brady need to play better in the playoffs? Possibly. I'd bet he would say that he has to knowing the kind of competitor he is.

Does Belichick need to manage and coach better? Again, possibly. I'm sure he would also say that he has to because of the type of manager/coach he is.  Driven to be the best as is Brady.

In my opinion, these two are the least of the teams' problems.  

Do I think that either one is beyond criticism?  No I don't.  But, neither one is solely responsible for the teams' recent failures in the big games.

The problem is if someone criticizes either one even in a constructive way, they are immediately jumped on by one of the two factions and called various derogatory names.

Therefore, any kind of rational discussion is immediately rendered moot.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from cyncalpatfan. Show cyncalpatfan's posts

Does Brady need to play better in the playoffs? Possibly. I'd bet he would say that he has to knowing the kind of competitor he is.

Does Belichick need to manage and coach better? Again, possibly. I'm sure he would also say that he has to because of the type of manager/coach he is.  Driven to be the best as is Brady.

In my opinion, these two are the least of the teams' problems.  

Do I think that either one is beyond criticism?  No I don't.  But, neither one is solely responsible for the teams' recent failures in the big games.

The problem is if someone criticizes either one even in a constructive way, they are immediately jumped on by one of the two factions and called various derogatory names.

Therefore, any kind of rational discussion is immediately rendered moot.

Yes, it kind of reminds me of that old SNL sketch with Jane Curtin and Dan Akroyd...Point/Counterpoint.  Every time they engaged in an argument it would result in all sorts of insults.

http://www.videobash.com/video_show/jane-akroyd-656921" rel="nofollow">http://www.videobash.com/video_show/jane-akroyd-656921

Of course, the difference is that Jane and Dan were dam* funny!  Watching it again just reminds me how great that show used to be.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

The "BB is a bad GM" crowd hang their hat on the notion we should have All Pro backups sitting on the bench waiting for something to go wrong and playing special teams.

They are also experts in hindsight on talent, three years after the draft they can tell us who we should have drafted instead.  

Whenever there is an injury to a player, they knew it long in advance because said player missed some time as a junior in college with an injury so it's automatically relevant.

The reality is every year injury can make or break every team, the reality is the draft is a crapshoot, when they can measure the heart of a man in advance and tell us whether he even wants to play football beyond college or he just wants to collect that first big paycheck from the NFL, that's when the draft will be a lot easier to predict.  

The average career of an NFL players lasts three years, it is the highest impact sport in all pro sports.  For an NFL team to win a ring they need coaching, talent and luck (health)... the Patriots have the first two, it's how they come close to a ring EVERY year... the last one is a lot more elusive in the toughest sport in the world.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Section136. Show Section136's posts

Yes, it kind of reminds me of that old SNL sketch with Jane Curtin and Dan Akroyd...Point/Counterpoint. Every time they engaged in an argument it would result in all sorts of insults.

http://www.videobash.com/video_show/jane-akroyd-656921"; rel="nofollow">http://www.videobash.com/video_show/jane-akroyd-656921

Of course, the difference is that Jane and Dan were dam* funny! Watching it again just reminds me how great that show used to be.

Thanks for this! Next time I'm reading a high jacked thread, I'm going to try and remember this - it will make it so much more bearable!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

I know I will take a rash of you know what for beating this dead horse but I have watched consistently for a long time here in this forum some over the top criticism of 2 of the greatest members that this organization will most likely will ever see.

We have a QB who could possibly go down as the greatest to ever play the game but some here would tell you he is the reason for the failures of the last 10 years if you can call 2 SB's and 5 AFCCCG's. Is TB perfect??? ABSOLUTELY NOT!!! he makes mistakes just like other human QB's make. What I would submit over the last 10 years is that IMHO if you want to lay one game at his feet which could be considered SOLELY his fault I would have to go back to the Denver playoff loss in Denver the year after the last SB. Just a poorly played game with some poorly thrown balls. In all the other playoff losses did he make mistakes??? YES HE DID... but were those mistakes the SOLE reason for the losses??? I would submit that there were many plays by other players, many breakdowns by other units and for the most part they were losses that the entire team was responsible for. If you want to say the playoff loss to the Jets he played a bigger role than most I could possibly agree based on the INT on the Screen Pass on the 1st drive that sort of set a tone but even that game had a dozen other plays by other players especially on the other 2 units. All I can say about TB is that in my years (mid 70's) of watching football there is no more intelligent and competitive guy that I have seen behind center in the NFL. If this makes me a TB Rump Swab so be it.

As far as BB goes I understand that with him the criticism goes with the territory. He is the guy responsible for all aspects of the football operations and the buck stops with him. Has BB the coach made mistakes??? ABSOLUTELY!!! Has BB the GM made mistakes? ABSOLUTELY!!! Has BB the  president of football OPs made mistakes??? ABSOLUTELY!!! It is impossible in today’s NFL not to make mistakes based on the way the rules are set up to promote parity. In order to keep this short this is what I would say about BB.... he has brought a philosophy and program to this franchise that has made them a legitimate contender year in and year out, his record speaks for itself. I would want no other person leading this teams coaching staff/front office. If this makes me a BB Rump Swab so be it.

For my money the 2 of them together I believe have been perfect for each other and this orginization. They are consistently on the same page and believe in the same philosophies. I know I will take a rash of s h*t by both sides and agree both deserve to be criticized when warranted but it just seems that at times it is over the top for some posters. Sorry about the length… Just my 2 cents.

Here here! Great post.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

Yes, it kind of reminds me of that old SNL sketch with Jane Curtin and Dan Akroyd...Point/Counterpoint.  Every time they engaged in an argument it would result in all sorts of insults.

http://www.videobash.com/video_show/jane-akroyd-656921" rel="nofollow">http://www.videobash.com/video_show/jane-akroyd-656921

Of course, the difference is that Jane and Dan were dam* funny!  Watching it again just reminds me how great that show used to be.

"Jane you ignorant $lut." Classic!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SLGDEV. Show SLGDEV's posts

In response to Section136's comment:

I can't believe I just read an entire thread filled with reasonable, respectful and intelligent contributions. Do real fans criticize their team...yup! Do real fans criticize their stars...yup! Do real fans bash, insult and name call....nope! Thanks to all who posted here today (so far) and thank you ghost for saying what needed to be said, the way it needed to be said!

Let's never forget that we have a lot of things to be grateful for as fans of the New England Patriots.

I'll second all of that.  We have been extremely lucky and spoiled by the Brady/BB era -- and it still has another 3-6 years to run.  I started following the Patriots since I moved to the Boston area in '67 and have suffered through all those miserable years while being a loyal fan.  This era has been my reward.  They are BOTH sure-fire, first ballot, unanimous inductees into Canton when they become eligible.

Their record, in this era of hard caps and free agency has been nothing short of remarkable.  Take a Samuel's hanging on to an interception in his breadbasket, or remove a helmet catch or any such little things and you would have 5 SBs and a 19-0 season.  Add in two lost tie-breakers going the other way and when would we not have made the playoffs? Remarkable!!!!

BTW, like ghost I am in my 70s.

SLGDEV/sheldong/sheldonlg

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

In response to SLGDEV's comment:

In response to Section136's comment:

I can't believe I just read an entire thread filled with reasonable, respectful and intelligent contributions. Do real fans criticize their team...yup! Do real fans criticize their stars...yup! Do real fans bash, insult and name call....nope! Thanks to all who posted here today (so far) and thank you ghost for saying what needed to be said, the way it needed to be said!

Let's never forget that we have a lot of things to be grateful for as fans of the New England Patriots.

I'll second all of that.  We have been extremely lucky and spoiled by the Brady/BB era -- and it still has another 3-6 years to run.  I started following the Patriots since I moved to the Boston area in '67 and have suffered through all those miserable years while being a loyal fan.  This era has been my reward.  They are BOTH sure-fire, first ballot, unanimous inductees into Canton when they become eligible.

Their record, in this era of hard caps and free agency has been nothing short of remarkable.  Take a Samuel's hanging on to an interception in his breadbasket, or remove a helmet catch or any such little things and you would have 5 SBs and a 19-0 season.  Add in two lost tie-breakers going the other way and when would we not have made the playoffs? Remarkable!!!!

BTW, like ghost I am in my 70s.

SLGDEV/sheldong/sheldonlg

LOL... sorry SLGDEV's for the confusion in my poorly crafted post, the writing was never a strong suit of mine. My intention was to convey that I was old enough to start watching and understanding football in the mid 70's (my early teens). I'm not quite there yet but it is getting closer. Not that I want to rush to get there but I look forward to the day I have the knowledge and wisdom that comes with the age. I still have much to learn. Perhaps by then I will be able to compose a better post. My apologies for the confusion.

BTW, the most miserable years for my money was the victor Kiam era and there were many tough years before that sprinkled in also.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Cyberknot. Show Cyberknot's posts

[QUOTE]

Great post Ghost. So rare to read something positive on this forum. I agree completely with what you say, and also agree with Digger in so far as it all started with Kraft. I think we are the luckiest fans in all of sports, because in my opinion Kraft is the greatest owner in all of sports, and the triumvirate of Kraft-Belichick-Brady is a once in a generation assemblage.

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from croc. Show croc's posts

BB named the best coach in the league http://cover32.com/2014/07/07/top-10-in-2014-the-best-head-coaches-in-the-nfl-today/  

But relax b/c Bracdy was named top QB in another article   http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000273554/article/tom-brady-is-nfls-best-qb-ben-roethlisberger-says

They are BOTH really good. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

"Possibly"?   Dude, come on. He's been medicore at best.  IF he's so great, why can't he do it in the title game or SB?

BB could win COTY every year. That's how good BB has been in recent years, along with this brilliance as GM off the lockout.

So many teams screwed up royally, got old, had no pipeline and miss the playoffs now regularly.

I was trying to be nice.  You know that Brady is beyond reproach on this form.

Christ, I posted that Brady should have hit a wide open Edelman in that AFC Championship game and Babe immediately chimed in to say that I added nothing to the forum and he was putting me on ignore.

Some people are so sensitive when you criticize their idols.  Even if it's warranted.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from croc. Show croc's posts

It really is both the QB and the Coach.  Neither is infallible, but in tandem they are generally awesome. Enjoy it while it lasts.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from cousteau. Show cousteau's posts

"Possibly"?   Dude, come on. He's been medicore at best.  IF he's so great, why can't he do it in the title game or SB?

BB could win COTY every year. That's how good BB has been in recent years, along with this brilliance as GM off the lockout.

So many teams screwed up royally, got old, had no pipeline and miss the playoffs now regularly.

I was trying to be nice.  You know that Brady is beyond reproach on this form.

Christ, I posted that Brady should have hit a wide open Edelman in that AFC Championship game and Babe immediately chimed in to say that I added nothing to the forum and he was putting me on ignore.

Some people are so sensitive when you criticize their idols.  Even if it's warranted.

Rusty......the BB pole sucker

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

It's pretty sick, though.  I've never seen the BBW Guild ever admit Brady has been subpar and needs to improve in the postseason.

That's an illness based on Brady's pattern of under-performing or being mediocre for so long in these postseasons.

BB takes all the blame unfairly so, because the media wants it that way.

Russ, that this point, I would just drop it. There is no changing it. They will never accept your premise. Some here accept that, yes, Brady should be playing better in recent postseasons there is no doubt about it.

Yes, some will full on deny that and blame the teambuilding and other factors, but you wont ever change their minds.

I'm in the category that EVERYONE needs to play better. Brady included. He has had bad games, but the OL and DL have both been dominated in both our playoff losses that's the biggest reason for the losses imo. The trench battles. Then yes the play of Brady is in there too.

But the fact is, you can blame Brady and they can blame BB. Sure, both deserve criticism. BB has missed on players but also hit on a lot too. Brady has missed passes and thrown picks but also has won the team games too.

If Asante makes the pick, or Tyree doesn't catch it, or Welker makes the grab or Manningham doesn't, then the Pats have 5 SB rings and not one person would be bittching like they do.

At this point, the continual Brady debate and BB bashing is so old that it ruins almost every thread here.

Sections
Shortcuts