I know I shouldn't post this but...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DougIrwin. Show DougIrwin's posts

Re: I know I shouldn't post this but...

In response to joepatsfan111111's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to DougIrwin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

It's pretty sick, though.  I've never seen the BBW Guild ever admit Brady has been subpar and needs to improve in the postseason.

That's an illness based on Brady's pattern of under-performing or being mediocre for so long in these postseasons.

BB takes all the blame unfairly so, because the media wants it that way.

[/QUOTE]

Russ, that this point, I would just drop it. There is no changing it. They will never accept your premise. Some here accept that, yes, Brady should be playing better in recent postseasons there is no doubt about it.

Yes, some will full on deny that and blame the teambuilding and other factors, but you wont ever change their minds.

I'm in the category that EVERYONE needs to play better. Brady included. He has had bad games, but the OL and DL have both been dominated in both our playoff losses that's the biggest reason for the losses imo. The trench battles. Then yes the play of Brady is in there too.

But the fact is, you can blame Brady and they can blame BB. Sure, both deserve criticism. BB has missed on players but also hit on a lot too. Brady has missed passes and thrown picks but also has won the team games too.

If Asante makes the pick, or Tyree doesn't catch it, or Welker makes the grab or Manningham doesn't, then the Pats have 5 SB rings and not one person would be bittching like they do.

At this point, the continual Brady debate and BB bashing is so old that it ruins almost every thread here.

[/QUOTE]

Here is one difference:

Brady is the leader and a player. BB can't throw the ball and make the calls/checks, etc.

QB is the most important position in sports. It's atrocious to blame BB for an Asante drop, a Brady Safety or INT or a Welker drop.

But, you can look at a really deep-rooted pattern of Brady passing more and more since 2005 and being worse in the postseason as opposed to before (Weis Era).

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to Salcon's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Does Brady need to play better in the playoffs? Possibly. I'd bet he would say that he has to knowing the kind of competitor he is.

[/QUOTE]

"Possibly"?   Dude, come on. He's been medicore at best.  IF he's so great, why can't he do it in the title game or SB?

BB could win COTY every year. That's how good BB has been in recent years, along with this brilliance as GM off the lockout.

So many teams screwed up royally, got old, had no pipeline and miss the playoffs now regularly.

[/QUOTE]

I was trying to be nice.  You know that Brady is beyond reproach on this form.

Christ, I posted that Brady should have hit a wide open Edelman in that AFC Championship game and Babe immediately chimed in to say that I added nothing to the forum and he was putting me on ignore.

Some people are so sensitive when you criticize their idols.  Even if it's warranted.

[/QUOTE]

I've never seen the BBW Guild ever admit Brady has been subpar and needs to improve in the postseason.

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

LIAR!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Does Brady need to play better in the playoffs? Possibly. I'd bet he would say that he has to knowing the kind of competitor he is.

[/QUOTE]

"Possibly"?   Dude, come on. He's been medicore at best.  IF he's so great, why can't he do it in the title game or SB?

BB could win COTY every year. That's how good BB has been in recent years, along with this brilliance as GM off the lockout.

So many teams screwed up royally, got old, had no pipeline and miss the playoffs now regularly.

[/QUOTE]

I was trying to be nice.  You know that Brady is beyond reproach on this form.

Christ, I posted that Brady should have hit a wide open Edelman in that AFC Championship game and Babe immediately chimed in to say that I added nothing to the forum and he was putting me on ignore.

Some people are so sensitive when you criticize their idols.  Even if it's warranted.

[/QUOTE]

It's pretty sick, though.  I've never seen the BBW Guild ever admit Brady has been subpar and needs to improve in the postseason.

That's an illness based on Brady's pattern of under-performing or being mediocre for so long in these postseasons.

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

BD takes the blame because he is to blame.  You can't get the praise when they win and not take the blame when they suck.  TB had nothing to do with the crap that's on the field.  He just has to deal with it.

Trying to win with rookie receivers or crappy D's is not something anyone can do or should even have to do.

The team has been poorly constructed.  Just admit it.  They're good enough to win most of the time  (because of Brady) but anytime they face a great defense or offense, for that matter, it shows. 

You can only bluff for so long before you have to eventually show your hand.

No one is saying we need all pros at every position.  That's ludicrous WOZZY!

What we are saying is that we need STARTERS that don't suck.  The few who didn't suck and actually STARTED for a different team have never been replaced, 6-7 years later.  The others minus a few either went on to be back ups or are out of the league.  That's unacceptable. 

You need more than a handful of guys worthy of starting.  A good team is going to expose your weakness and that's exactly what has been happening since 2005.

Revis and Browner are here for a reason.  We needed a 1&2., not back ups.  They have plenty of them.

They've needed them for years.

Even a blind homer has to see that.

Not to forget to mention,  if the QB sucks then the GM/ coach sucks more.

He could have easily unloaded him in 09 and kept the 11-5 Cassell.

Instead, he made him the highest paid QB in the league.

Go figure.

Can't have it both ways.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Russ, that this point, I would just drop it. There is no changing it. They will never accept your premise. Some here accept that, yes, Brady should be playing better in recent postseasons there is no doubt about it.

Yes, some will full on deny that and blame the teambuilding and other factors, but you wont ever change their minds.

I'm in the category that EVERYONE needs to play better. Brady included. He has had bad games, but the OL and DL have both been dominated in both our playoff losses that's the biggest reason for the losses imo. The trench battles. Then yes the play of Brady is in there too.

But the fact is, you can blame Brady and they can blame BB. Sure, both deserve criticism. BB has missed on players but also hit on a lot too. Brady has missed passes and thrown picks but also has won the team games too.

If Asante makes the pick, or Tyree doesn't catch it, or Welker makes the grab or Manningham doesn't, then the Pats have 5 SB rings and not one person would be bittching like they do.

At this point, the continual Brady debate and BB bashing is so old that it ruins almost every thread here.

[/QUOTE]

Here is one difference:

Brady is the leader and a player. BB can't throw the ball and make the calls/checks, etc.

QB is the most important position in sports. It's atrocious to blame BB for an Asante drop, a Brady Safety or INT or a Welker drop.

But, you can look at a really deep-rooted pattern of Brady passing more and more since 2005 and being worse in the postseason as opposed to before (Weis Era).

[/QUOTE]

what's Bellichick's record with and without Tom Brady? And when was the last time the Pats faced a professional QB in their division? 

start spinning. : )

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

and if Mike Martz wasn't a glorified OC who slept thru 3 quarters and Jon Kasey remembered how to kick off u may have 1 SB...and if a rookie held on to a td pass and an experienced kicker didn't flib a chip shot that SB appearance doesn't happen...hell if not for the so-called "tuck rule" the whole thing might not happen

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from fourjays30. Show fourjays30's posts

In response to 42AND46's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

and if Mike Martz wasn't a glorified OC who slept thru 3 quarters and Jon Kasey remembered how to kick off u may have 1 SB...and if a rookie held on to a td pass and an experienced kicker didn't flib a chip shot that SB appearance doesn't happen...hell if not for the so-called "tuck rule" the whole thing might not happen

[/QUOTE]

True and if the G men's offensive line were called for holding like they should have been there would have been no catch and if Welker held onto that one ball we would be talking about 5 SB and not three. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

And if my grandmother had ba11s she'd be my grandfather.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

Sometimes it's better to be lucky than good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UT0r8wBL4QU" rel="nofollow">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UT0r8wBL4QU

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Yes, there are fans with "agendas", and the two who went nameless in the OP know who they are. To pin all the successes and/or failures of this team on just two people, by some, is amazing. This is a TEAM game. I wonder what fans in other cities would be like if their team had a success string like the Pats since 2000.  Some have yet to win a SB at all and we have been blessed with 3 and 5 total appearances.  You can't win them all! Someone need their binky?

AGCSBill, just a fan havin' fun!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from sw4288. Show sw4288's posts

I'll take BB's mistakes as GM all day because they're relatively minor. As patriots fans, we literally have it all. Great ownership, great management, great scouting, great coaching, one of the best players to do it, we've seen one of the best WR's to ever do it, and now we have one of the best CB's to ever do it. To be able to go 11-5, 12-4 sometimes 13-3, 14-2 almost every year is remarkable. This team is the Red Wings of the late 90s all the way pretty much until now. The one great thing I love about BB is he's always adapting. Whether it's personnel or scheme, it's always in flux because the league is. Young QB and a great defense with an unstoppable run game. Then one of the greatest passing attacks, now we are somewhat transitioning back to how we were in the early 2000s offensively. Also personnel wise I've noticed him value LB's and RB's slightly less in the draft. Searching for bargains rather than reaching in an early round. Building up the secondary and d line to play in today's game. I can't tell you guys how great it is being a fan of this team being from Toronto and cheering for Toronto sports teams and how much of a revolving door of tire fires it is. I know what crappy GM's are. I know what awful coaches are (Randy Carlyle). This team is something special, and it's something I'll never take for the granted.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from cyncalpatfan. Show cyncalpatfan's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

It's the butterfly effect.  You never know how one little thing can influence so much.  Sometimes, what seems to be an unrelated event can actually have a significant impact.  For instance, the 9/11 attack influenced the season that TB arrived on the scene.  One week was cancelled prior to the Jets game.  If those games had been played, as scheduled, who knows how that Jets game turns out?  Injuries that might have occurred in the games that weren't played might have had an impact on what would have happened in the Jets/Patriots game.  Maybe that play where Bledsoe is injured doesn't happen.  That might mean that TB doesn't get into the game.  Who knows how that whole season, as well as the seasons that follow, turns out?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from DougIrwin. Show DougIrwin's posts

In response to sw4288's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I'll take BB's mistakes as GM all day because they're relatively minor. As patriots fans, we literally have it all. Great ownership, great management, great scouting, great coaching, one of the best players to do it, we've seen one of the best WR's to ever do it, and now we have one of the best CB's to ever do it. To be able to go 11-5, 12-4 sometimes 13-3, 14-2 almost every year is remarkable. This team is the Red Wings of the late 90s all the way pretty much until now. The one great thing I love about BB is he's always adapting. Whether it's personnel or scheme, it's always in flux because the league is. Young QB and a great defense with an unstoppable run game. Then one of the greatest passing attacks, now we are somewhat transitioning back to how we were in the early 2000s offensively. Also personnel wise I've noticed him value LB's and RB's slightly less in the draft. Searching for bargains rather than reaching in an early round. Building up the secondary and d line to play in today's game. I can't tell you guys how great it is being a fan of this team being from Toronto and cheering for Toronto sports teams and how much of a revolving door of tire fires it is. I know what crappy GM's are. I know what awful coaches are (Randy Carlyle). This team is something special, and it's something I'll never take for the granted.

[/QUOTE]

Superb post. Please do not be a stranger.   We need more rational people like you.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I'm with you.  I'll take Bill Belichick as the GM/Coach every day of the week, warts and all.

For some reason, I think the guy that pays him feels the same way.

I could only imagine how many other teams that would love to hire him just as their GM.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from DougIrwin. Show DougIrwin's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I'm with you.  I'll take Bill Belichick as the GM/Coach every day of the week, warts and all.

For some reason, I think the guy that pays him feels the same way.

I could only imagine how many other teams that would love to hire him just as their GM.

[/QUOTE]

Best gm and coach who ever lived.  Another sb and it goes into stone.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoNotSleepOnThePats. Show DoNotSleepOnThePats's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Excellent post.  We needed that.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

I'll take BB's mistakes as GM all day because they're relatively minor.

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

BB has had 32 picks in the first 3 rounds from 2006 - 2013.

Which of these 26 "minor mistakes" or question marks do you think are the stuff of building a champion?

Thomas, Jackson, Maroney, Meriweather, Wheatley, Crable, O'Connel, Chung, Brace, Butler, Tate, Mckenzie, Cunningham, Spikes, Price, Dowling, Vereen, Ridley, Mallet, Hightower, Wilson, Bequette, Collins, Dobson, Ryan and Harmon.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

Yeah, having all that, including a HOF QB and HC has gotten us as many Lombardis as 25 other teams for nearly the last decade. None.

Keep bringing that "homer gold" to the forum!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from AyyyBoston. Show AyyyBoston's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

[QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

Which of these 26 "minor mistakes" or question marks do you think are the stuff of building a champion?

Thomas, Jackson, Maroney, Meriweather, Wheatley, Crable, O'Connel, Chung, Brace, Butler, Tate, Mckenzie, Cunningham, Spikes, Price, Dowling, Vereen, Ridley, Mallet, Hightower, Wilson, Bequette, Collins, Dobson, Ryan and Harmon.

[/QUOTE]

How can you call Collins, Dobson, Ryan, and Harmon mistakes (or "question marks") already? They only have one season under their belt and none of them looked like absolute busts...Harmon may have been a reach but he didnt look hopeless.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoNotSleepOnThePats. Show DoNotSleepOnThePats's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

[/QUOTE]

Vereen, Ridley, Spikes, Hightower, Collins, Dobson, Ryan, and Harmon were mistakes?  I don't agree with Rusty attacking people in here with name calling but he's dead-on correct in his assessment of you.  You're a joke.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to AyyyBoston's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

[/QUOTE]

How can you call Collins, Dobson, Ryan, and Harmon mistakes (or "question marks") already? They only have one season under their belt and none of them looked like absolute busts...Harmon may have been a reach but he didnt look hopeless.

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

Are you saying they aren't question marks?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoNotSleepOnThePats. Show DoNotSleepOnThePats's posts

Babe, seriously.  Stop talking.

Sections
Shortcuts