I know it's dangerous but I have been thinking....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

I know it's dangerous but I have been thinking....

I don't expect this to happen but...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninsatx. Show patsfaninsatx's posts

Re: I know it's dangerous but I have been thinking....

I would definately love for BB to bring him back, but Im not sure if he would come back to NE.  I believe that he probably outgrew NE and wants to do something somewhere else.  

Imo I think he should come back and get his pro credentials up to par.  Ultimately he wants to be a HC again and why not do it with the QB he helped groom.  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dshort3333. Show dshort3333's posts

It would be great to see Charlie come back. He did a great job of keeping opposing defenses off balance. Maybe he would come back if the $ was right. I dont know if Bill would do that though, he seems loyal to his coaching staff but then again as he says, "I do what I feel is best for the team". So who knows?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Didn't Weis leave NE on bad terms ? I'd be all for bringing him back, however, there will be head coaching vacancies in the NFL and in the NCAA. It could be who gets there first and who offers the most money. For example, if Dan Snyder were to offer him an head coaching job worth a ton of money how do the Pats counter that ?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

I think our OC is lacking, and it's time for a pro.  That said, BB started working closely with O'Brian last Sunday.  There also seems to be a slow transition from the 2007 offense to what we used to do.  So as much as I would like to see Weiss return, if the offense is able to get back to the pre-2007 ways, and it starts playing some good smash-mouth football, it's unlikely BB will replace him.

They've made it clear that they value promoting from within.  If O'Brian shows some improvement in these final games and whatever post-season action we see, he'll be given another chance.  This might not make us happy, but let's not hold our breath waiting for a new OC.  As they say, winning cures everything.  If we start having some good wins, we'll all swear we were on O'Brian's side all along; going back and deleting all of the post history...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mkulacz. Show mkulacz's posts

In Response to I know it's dangerous but I have been thinking....:
    [QUOTE]I don't expect this to happen but...
    Posted by DaBlade[/QUOTE]

Its getting old that every person who stands next to BB for an hour instantly gets a head coaching job. Its great that BB breeds great coaches, but I think those who work with him need to pay their dues. To be mentored by Bill, I think before you run off and cash in, you owe to return the favor and help BB win another title. Mangini, McDaniels, are you listening?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninsatx. Show patsfaninsatx's posts

In Response to Re: I know it's dangerous but I have been thinking....:
    [QUOTE]Didn't Weis leave NE on bad terms ? I'd be all for bringing him back, however, there will be head coaching vacancies in the NFL and in the NCAA. It could be who gets there first and who offers the most money. For example, if Dan Snyder were to offer him an head coaching job worth a ton of money how do the Pats counter that ?
    Posted by JohnHannahrulz[/QUOTE]

No he didnt.  Weis and BB are still very good friends.  What you might be thinking of is all the fans and media that was bashing him about not being commited to the Pats once he accepted the job as HC at ND. 

Oh did I mention they also won the Super Bowl that same year.    

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmcintosh. Show andrewmcintosh's posts

[QUOTE]I think our OC is lacking, and it's time for a pro.  That said, BB started working closely with O'Brian last Sunday.  There also seems to be a slow transition from the 2007 offense to what we used to do.  So as much as I would like to see Weiss return, if the offense is able to get back to the pre-2007 ways, and it starts playing some good smash-mouth football, it's unlikely BB will replace him. They've made it clear that they value promoting from within.  If O'Brian shows some improvement in these final games and whatever post-season action we see, he'll be given another chance.  This might not make us happy, but let's not hold our breath waiting for a new OC.  As they say, winning cures everything.  If we start having some good wins, we'll all swear we were on O'Brian's side all along; going back and deleting all of the post history...
    Posted by carawaydj[/QUOTE]
    The Pats need balance, not a smash mouth run the ball 35 times a game grind-it-out type style.  The offense is built around throwing the football, which imo is necessary in today's NFL. If you can't throw the ball you better have one hell of a defense.  No doubt they need to run the ball a bit more, but when you have Tom Brady Moss and Welker you're doing yourself no favors by trying to slow the game down and run the ball all day.  just a thought..

back to Weis-I'd welcome his return, but as has been said he probably wants to try something different than coming back to NE.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from boomerst3. Show boomerst3's posts

The game is being lost on the field because plays are not being made.  Not because of the plays being called.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPKilla2009. Show MVPKilla2009's posts

IS this another Charlie Weis f*ck fest? Get over it people he is not coming back. He was great and now he will be good somewhere else but not in NE. People tend to not take a step backswords in their careers.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: I know it's dangerous but I have been thinking.... : The Pats need balance, not a smash mouth run the ball 35 times a game grind-it-out type style.  The offense is built around throwing the football, which imo is necessary in today's NFL. If you can't throw the ball you better have one hell of a defense.  No doubt they need to run the ball a bit more, but when you have Tom Brady Moss and Welker you're doing yourself no favors by trying to slow the game down and run the ball all day.  just a thought.. back to Weis-I'd welcome his return, but as has been said he probably wants to try something different than coming back to NE.
    Posted by andrewmcintosh[/QUOTE]

Agree.  Balance is the word I should have used and not "smash-mouthed".  I guess in light of our pass happy times of recent, balance seemed like "smash-mouth" to me.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmcintosh. Show andrewmcintosh's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: I know it's dangerous but I have been thinking.... : Agree.  Balance is the word I should have used and not "smash-mouthed".  I guess in light of our pass happy times of recent, balance seemed like "smash-mouth" to me.
    Posted by carawaydj[/QUOTE]
    completely agree with that, especially in the 4th quarter w/ a lead i dont wanna see brady throwing it 15 times

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

I feel like it should be pointed out that in 2003 the Patriots were one of the worst rushing teams.  As I recall they averaged 3.4 YPC which is one of the worst for any team to ever win a SB.  I don't know if that's a testament to Weis' playcalling that they still won the SB or a criticism because that was not a balanced offense. 

I tend to think that while Weis was great, the defense played a much larger role in thier success.  I'm not sure that he could come back here and duplicate the results, but I'm pretty sure he couldn't balance the offense without some new weapons. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Personally, I'd like to see the Pats run the ball more and use the TE more often. The last thing I want is a return to the 2007 season. Good stats, but they are for losers...
    I want a more balanced attack, and one that controls the line of scrimmage and the clock. Hitting Moss on 60 yard bombs is fun to watch, but dangerous..especially the way he has been playing.

I think the play calling on offense has been mediocre. But, I also think it is more about execution or lack thereof, than playcalling. You got to put that on the offensive players, not the coach. Those few games in which we lost by small margins, I can't remember how many times Brady had a chance to complete a pass, but was either off, or the receiver dropped it. One or two of those catches and throws and we are 10-3. 

There is a lot of chatter about the missing 3rd receiver. I think there is something to this. When we had Dante and Gaffney, it was impossible for opposing defense to take out all of them. Now just with Moss and Welker, the only thing you have to do is take MOss out of the game early and he disappears, and double Welker like the Saints did, and we are screwed. 

Where the hell is Chris Baker?....I think he and Watson need to be a larger part of our offense.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yapple. Show Yapple's posts

One would think that Bill knows what's wrong with the Pats offense and has spoken to the OC about it. Hopefully, Maroney's 22 carries in the last game are the shape of things to come.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from southernpat. Show southernpat's posts

Yes, let's not lengthen Maroney's career while Brady is getting killed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from vapatfan1. Show vapatfan1's posts

As much as I'd like Weis to come back,  I don't think he would.  I think he's done as a college coach.  I've heard analysts say he's not a good fit for the college system because of all rah-rah college stuff that college coaches have to do.

Weis is all about running a pro system.  His best shot is in a pro environment.  He may end up as an OC, for another team.  I don't think he'll get a head coaching gig yet, but hey, someone hired Mangini so I guess anything's possible. 

In the circus called the Redskins, Cerrato quits and Synder hires another yes man.  Be thankful you in NE nation don't have to suffer DC football.  Which prompts a question, if you could pluck any player from the Redskins, who would you pick?   

Sections
Shortcuts