i know its early but...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from FOWLER8196. Show FOWLER8196's posts

i know its early but...

what about florida RB jeff demps.  he is a trackstar who can run in the SEC. i think he would be a great back to add to this committee. he runs and catches balls for the gators and bill belichick is a fan of the florida program (based on this years draft) and i just like the kid... check out the video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OYM3A-eq1EY

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

Re: i know its early but...

He's torn it up in the first 2 games but the Competition hasn't been much with Miami of Ohio and South Florida. At 5-8 190lbs he might fit into a Kevin Faulk type of scenario but he is a little on the small side for what the Pats would be looking for in a featured back. That being said he's a pretty shifty cat, kinda like Eric Metcalf used to be.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from FOWLER8196. Show FOWLER8196's posts

not sure what round he would go in... definitely 3rd or later though... right? i totally agree. he isnt an every down back, but neither is faulk and he just happens to be one of the most clutch players we have. i like Demps to fill into that role.

... and yes, i can dig it.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

In Response to Re: i know its early but...:
    not sure what round he would go in... definitely 3rd or later though... right? i totally agree. he isnt an every down back, but neither is faulk and he just happens to be one of the most clutch players we have. i like Demps to fill into that role. ... and yes, i can dig it.
    Posted by FOWLER8196

Yeah, definitely not a first rounder and you know Belichick has his eyes on Florida Players so you never know. The guy runs a 4.24 40. Guys like that make big plays and We need to replace Faulk at some point.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

In Response to Re: i know its early but... : Yeah, definitely not a first rounder ....
    Posted by ewhite1065

I think it's premature to say that.  He's comparable to Harvin, just a little smaller.  Bigger and faster than Darren Sproles.  Some team could grab him in the first round. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

right now I have Demps as a late 3rd, possibly 4th rounder. But, you know how these things go. If he has a killer year, his stock will rise considerably, and if he produces at the combine, he could move up rapidly. 

If I'm picking for the Pats, and if he is still around in rounds 3-4, then I grab him. I think we have too many other needs to be burning a 1st or 2nd on this kid...but I do like him. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

In Response to Re: i know its early but... : I think it's premature to say that.  He's comparable to Harvin, just a little smaller.  Bigger and faster than Darren Sproles.  Some team could grab him in the first round. 
    Posted by Muzwell

You never know..Just My opinion but usually the first rounders are the bigger feature Backs. Not much bigger than Sproles though and I think Sproles was a 4th or a 5th rounder.
    5'-8" will also cost him if someone wants him as a WR.  He's also going to need to get a little more experienced as a receiver which is something Harvin had going for him coming out.
    Like I said..Just my opinion

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Here's another one for the group...

If we want a RB in the mold of Faulk, I would rather go with Shane Vereen out of Cal. He has Faulk like size, at 5'10", 210, and has averaged 5.1 yards per carry while at Cal.
    he has great patience in terms of waiting for blocks to develop, and hits it hard once they do. A good, decisive runner, can catch out of the backfield, and can return punts/kickoffs if need be. Check him out. I would like to see the Pats grab him late round 2 or early 3. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

This is the SEC nephew. I think you should wait until the Gators have to play Bama, the Tigers and the Gamecocks before you can judge. Those are three big-time SEC defenses. 

Second, I don't know if this kid is even coming out this fall. Demps is a junior, and he might stick around for a crack at a title.

Demps is second round material at highest, IMO. Unless he can prove he is a feature back worthy and capable of carrying the load (hard to do in the Swamp because of their offensive game plan) then I can't see too many people taking a first round flyer on him in a reasonably deep RB draft, not with his build. 

But if he looks credible against those defenses above, then it should open some eyes.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoPinkHatPatsFans. Show NoPinkHatPatsFans's posts

Prefer Ingram.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

I could see him as an eventual replacement for Faulk but not the feature back. I think BB would rather have a full time bruiser more like a A. Smith or C. Dillon or F. Taylor/S. Morris at least. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from FOWLER8196. Show FOWLER8196's posts

Here's another one for the group... If we want a RB in the mold of Faulk, I would rather go with Shane Vereen out of Cal. He has Faulk like size, at 5'10", 210, and has averaged 5.1 yards per carry while at Cal. he has great patience in terms of waiting for blocks to develop, and hits it hard once they do. A good, decisive runner, can catch out of the backfield, and can return punts/kickoffs if need be. Check him out. I would like to see the Pats grab him late round 2 or early 3.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iNKfztfmFWE
    Posted by PatsLifer

i wouldnt mind at all seeing vereen get picked up as long as it was in the late 2nd early 3rd round at the highest.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from FOWLER8196. Show FOWLER8196's posts

I could see him as an eventual replacement for Faulk but not the feature back. I think BB would rather have a full time bruiser more like a A. Smith or C. Dillon or F. Taylor/S. Morris at least. 
    Posted by DaBlade

obviously.

Sections
Shortcuts