I know this is politically incorrect, but...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Indylove. Show Indylove's posts

Re: I know this is politically incorrect, but...

In Response to Re: I know this is politically incorrect, but...:
    In Response to Re: I know this is politically incorrect, but... : =D Indy having a hissyfit. 
    Posted by 49Patriots

Or personally knowing those who have endured or died from the hell of breast cancer.   

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

How about not wasting money on making things pink and give all that money directly to multiple cancer(non-profit) research groups.

That would make sense! 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

A great line from a great movie.  This about sums it up.

Yogurt
    : Merchandising, merchandising, where the real money from the movie is made. Spaceballs-the T-shirt, Spaceballs-the Coloring Book, Spaceballs-the Lunch box, Spaceballs-the Breakfast Cereal, Spaceballs-the Flame Thrower.

By the way when is Prostate month?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

In Response to I know this is politically incorrect, but...:
    ...I HATE the stinking PINK!!! Someone--I believe it was TexasPat--took a beating for expressing a similar sentiment last year, but after further review, I agree with him 100%. I am ALL FOR the NFL stepping up to fight breast cancer...I just think there are other ways to do it.
    Posted by NY-PATS-FAN4

How about Hustler Pink?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

Appreciate the cause and the thought process, and bless those afflictedwitht eh cancer and the survivors, but I too, like my wife (a survivor) has had enough with this Pink In. Her thoughts are that if women today NEED to be told about this or HAVE to be educated to have regular exams, then they have a bigger problem that needs to be addressed. Where are the "educational" promotions for things like stopping teen pregnancy?

Me? I find it disheartening when driving along, a radio ad comes on like a circus promo: Big boobs, small boobs, all kinds of boobs! (And I know they're not talking about local politicians!) You know where the ad's going. My wife feels  offended AND degraded by this lame effort of sophmoric humor over a serious matter concerning a woman's body. (Again, HER words.) When that story broke about the high school kids using "I LOVE BOOBIES!" wwrist bands and T shirts to promote their "awareness", I thouhgt she was going to go "postal". No one will convince her that ANY high school male student wearing either of these items is truly promoting "awareness". I agree, having been there/done that and raised two teenage boys.

Me? More men die of prostrate cancer every year than women of breast cancer.  They are both terrible diseases, and need to be addressed with the dignity of the survivors taken into consideration.  Her belief is that the issue of breast cancer has taken a back seat to the NFL this month. All we hear, and see (this board is prrof, with the numerous threads started about it), is "Did you see those fade guards/pant stripes/towels/shoes,wristbands/gloves,hats, etc?"  She agrees with other posters: instead of buying this stuff, donate the money to the Koman Cancer fund. Run those 30 second spots, donating the time that would have been bought to the same fund. Run the PA's at the stadiums, "gently" asking for donations when buying concessions or leaving the stadium. Ask if patrons want to donate $1 (or more) when making a food purchase, and getting a pink ribbon as a Thank You. Maybe the teams can auction off actual game shirts in a silent auction after every game to help raise funds. There are other more serious and effective ways to go about this task of breast cancer awareness.

It's time for a Pink Out. Enough is enough. (One more time, my wife's words, not mine.)

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bradleyBliss. Show bradleyBliss's posts

In Response to I know this is politically incorrect, but... : How about Hustler Pink?
    Posted by Evil2010

Hey Evil!!!   BEST Pink there is!!!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

Does anybody besides me think the NFL would be better served to take the money it is spending on pink paraphernalia and simply donating it to oranizations that promote breast cancer awareness and prevention?
    Posted by p-mike

That wouldn't serve the secondary goal of attracting more female fans.  Perhaps the NFL has NASCAR envy; an "activity" with a lot of female fans.  Nearly all businesses that do these types of charitable things want a little business benefit out of it too.  Maybe a waste as you allude to, but without the business benefits of such activities, fewer businesses would give to begin with.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

In Response to I know this is politically incorrect, but... : How about Hustler Pink?
    Posted by Evil2010

LOL...truly evil you are!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from qball369. Show qball369's posts

In Response to Re: I know this is politically incorrect, but... : That wouldn't serve the secondary goal of attracting more female fans.  Perhaps the NFL has NASCAR envy; an "activity" with a lot of female fans.  Nearly all businesses that do these types of charitable things want a little business benefit out of it too.  Maybe a waste as you allude to, but without the business benefits of such activities, fewer businesses would give to begin with.
    Posted by carawaydj

I was wondering if there was another cynic on this board like me:) I was going to post this to - a marketing campaign wrapped up in a blanket of altruism

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

It's a PR thing by the NFL.  Between the sexual assaults, domestic violence, and just plain borish behavior by star players, the NFL has to make some token gesture to women.

If they were serious about it, they would have public service announcements about breast cancer and stream a website/telephone number where viewers can make donations.

But I agree, the pink armbands, hats, towels, cleats have got to go.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

In Response to Re: I know this is politically incorrect, but... : Hey Evil!!!   BEST Pink there is!!!!
    Posted by bradleyBliss

What are you, like 13?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

In Response to Re: I know this is politically incorrect, but... : What are you, like 13?
    Posted by DirtyWaterLover

Were you born without a sense of humor or was the loss due to a terrible accident.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

Nobody cares about the Prostate any more. Prostate cancer kills almost as many people as Breast cancer but they just sweep the prostate under the rug.It's the dirty little secret nobody wants to talk about. I should start up my own prostate cancer awareness fund but I just need to figure out what color to make the ribbons.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Nobody cares about the Prostate any more. Prostate cancer kills almost as many people as Breast cancer but they just sweep the prostate under the rug.It's the dirty little secret nobody wants to talk about. I should start up my own prostate cancer awareness fund but I just need to figure out what color to make the ribbons.
    Posted by ewhite1065

Brown, maybe?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from threejak. Show threejak's posts

Ignorance can be cured but stupid just don't wannabe......

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gulo. Show Gulo's posts

I LOVE BOOBIES

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from memery26. Show memery26's posts

Why don't we have obesity awareness month, after all, it kills millions more than breast cancer? We can have NFL players wear fat suits in November.

You know, to raise awareness.

Dumb.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from passedball. Show passedball's posts

Can some explain to me how the color pink expresses breast cancer? Men also wear the color pink and can also develop forms of breast cancer, so its not a feminine thing.

Someone tried to steal Frankenberry's thunder. Pink = pink stool. Google "Frankenberry stool".

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Here's the for-real pink awareness issue.  Many of the companies sponsoring the big pink are the same companies that gave women breast cancer in the first place. 

Leading the big pink list is Avon Cosmetics, a real carcinogenic leader, at a time when there are lots of safe cosmetics on the shelf.  The big guys lobby Congress to lay off the oversight, and then they order special formulations from China.  In Europe, the Council of Europe bans these same carcinogens, and so the big guys order a second, safer formulation from exactly the same Chinese factories for their European markets.  Same little Chinese bottle, same international brand name, two different safety standards.  Die, Yankee!  (Did I just make a baseball reference?)

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from flutie66. Show flutie66's posts

i think its important to raise cancer awareness, but do they really need to wear pink for 25% of the season???  1 week is ok i guess, but pink for a whole month??? seems a bit too much for me.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjaycee. Show jjaycee's posts

Yes, do be polically incorrect !!!! this crap started when that draft dodging, lying, perguring, disbarred lawyer, adulterer, some how or other, got elected by
    the dumb public  This nonsense is driving this country down, down-- getting softer, softer-- "oh, don't offend", turn the other cheek, weak, weak, all around the world-- our enemies are lauging at us. Look at what the present clown is doing-- Wake up America -----------------------!!!!!!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BigPapi61. Show BigPapi61's posts

In Response to I know this is politically incorrect, but...:
    ...I HATE the stinking PINK!!! Someone--I believe it was TexasPat--took a beating for expressing a similar sentiment last year, but after further review, I agree with him 100%. I am ALL FOR the NFL stepping up to fight breast cancer...I just think there are other ways to do it.
    Posted by NY-PATS-FAN4

In a world where people sit at computers and cell phones, something as important as cancer awareness as a whole needs to get this much run.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

Nobody cares about the Prostate any more...
    Posted by ewhite1065

This has to be the first time I have ever disagreed with you.  But you are way off base here.  Mark Sanchez cares about the prostate.  He'll even give you a prostate massage if you let him.

Sections
Shortcuts