I like the Patriots

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

I like the Patriots

I like where the team is.  A lot of people here talk about stats and what the team has/hasn't done in the past 8 years, but I really like our team.  I think it has made significant steps forward from last year, and we won't see that desperate need to put up 40 points every game.  Looks more balanced on both sides of the ball, and Josh McD being back factors in heavily for me.  I am going to lean back an enjoy this season.  Looking forward to Monday's tilt against the Eagles.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Re: I like the Patriots

I think we all feel this way Dave. It's just the nature of the beast, we all want the team to improve so we search for even the most minor way to improve it even slightly. It one of the best things about being a fan truthfully and for most (myself included) who know anything they do will never affect the actual direction of the team doing some research does make you feel closer to the team. Esp, when BB goes in your direction a little. I know when he drafted pass rushers early this year I got some joy out of it.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In Response to Re: I like the Patriots:
    I think we all feel this way Dave. It's just the nature of the beast, we all want the team to improve so we search for even the most minor way to improve it even slightly. It one of the best things about being a fan truthfully and for most (myself included) who know anything they do will never affect the actual direction of the team doing some research does make you feel closer to the team. Esp, when BB goes in your direction a little. I know when he drafted pass rushers early this year I got some joy out of it.
    Posted by PatsEng

" I know when he drafted pass rushers early this year I got some joy out of it."

after needing them for a few years eh?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I like the Patriots too, I've been a fan for a long time, but I'm going to watch an actual game before I say they're improved and will be better this year. I imagine they should be pretty darn good, but there are a lot of unknowns as well (like any team).

Are the young guys on defense going to be able to handle the NFL right away? Will the offensive line be able to hold up if we're trailing by two touchdowns in the 4th quarter? Can these young guys run the ball and block? Is Spikes going to stay healthy? I'm hoping yes to all - and it doesn't hurt that we have the best coach and QB in the league.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TroyBrown80. Show TroyBrown80's posts

Well, it was desperate in that I felt like we HAD to.  Like the defense would bend, break, shatter, explode, implode, melt, trip, and fail.  

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

Oh, Rusty, Rusty, Rusty....When will you learn?
    The majority of people, (fans, press, other teams, ect) bash the D because they ARE Bad.
    Most people praise BB's coaching ability and how you equate any of this to BB envy, I just don't know.  Some might point out a certain gaff, but over-all the reports are good.
    What's ironic is that, what you accuse the press and others of doing to BB, is EXACTLY what you do to TB, on a constant basis.
    A mistake by Brady is UNCHARACTERISTIC and somewhat forgivable because it does not define his whole body of work.  No one is perfect and expecting them to be is more a reflection of your faults and not his.
    On the other hand, you have a defense, where when they do something good, it is not the norm.  People EXPECT them to fail and they do, quite often.
    Many posters on here have used the excuse, "Did you expect them to win the game for us"?
    I find that way of thinking, pathetic.  Yes, I and others expect them to carry their weight.  Why shouldn't we? 
    Isn't that what a TEAM is all about?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TroyBrown80. Show TroyBrown80's posts

I LIKE the team.  I LIKE the coach.  I LIKE the quarterback.  I LIKE the owner.  I LIKE everything about the team, and my original point is, was, will be that if they don't win the SB every year I still LIKE them, and I am not going to spend endless hours picking them apart, assigning blame, complaining about who didn't do what, etcetera.  Or about who is a "die hard" fan or whatever.  Rusty, you are a blowhard.  That's about as succinct as I can be on that point.  Just stop.  

I am going to just enjoy what they do this year, relax, let it all happen, relish how excellent they are, and not get caught up in the bubbling cauldron of stupid commentary that seems to erupt every time SOME POSTERS enter a thread.  

Anyway, I LIKE THE PATRIOTS.  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Hard not to like a team that went to the SB in 5 of Brady's 10 years playing.

And it's hard not to like BB's massive investment on D through the draft to fix the most glaring issue we had.

Full speed ahead!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

I don't understand how putting up 40 points a game is desperate.  I'd call it dominant.
    Posted by Mighty2013

yep, until they score 17 in the most meaningful game

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In Response to Re: I like the Patriots : I don't agree.  I think many enjoy some sense of being negative like the miserable Sox fan and then try to project it outwardly, bordering on trolling because BB doesn't hand deliver them Lombardis every year. He sure tries, though!  lol I'd say focusing on rebuilding instead of making massive mistakes in free agency was more than wise.  The only problem is, a lack of patience from some fans here.  Instead of looking at Brady's postseason play, they choose to bash the grumpy coach because the media tells them to do so. I am a Pats a fan, a diehard like some here, but it's a team sport not just a game about a quarterback. What Belichick is doing here is going completely underappreciated because the media has hijacked the fanbase in order to take their shots at BB while they could. Plainly obvious since 2009 when the Globe took the ESPN way, hired Mazz, started the 98.5 station to take ratings away from WEEI and guess what? It worked!  Sadly, it worked.  Society loves to read lies and manipulated stories on the internet.  They love it. They like quick answers and solutions, so they can close that window and think they have the answers. Apparently, the armchair GMs here are better than BB. lol Unfortunately, we have some fans here who took that bait and have issues with how wise Belichick's methodical rebuilding approach was here.  I see it as genius and some are just clueless with understanding how hard it is to field 12+ win teams every year in this era, remaining competitive, starting back up QBs who hadnt played in a decade, trading chips, upping your odds to success, etc, etc, etc.  They don't get it. They want what the Jets have because it's a quicker satisfaction.  Mt Hurl reads Ron Wolf books, praises Wolf, bashes BB's every move the last 3 years, and then ignores the incredible NE Pats Management Secrets Vol 1 and 2. Classic ignorance. BB hasn't deviated from the concepts in those books and they were written 7 and 8 years ago. Ron Wolf wouldn't know what to do in this era.  Wouldn't know what to do.  He retired in the late 90s in the face of of not knowing what to do once his veteran Packers teams, with no depth and development under Holmgren, failed and faded off for a while. Every single old school GM has failed in this era but Belichick and we have some fans who don't appreciate the way he puts the team first, not putting anything else above the team. Just who is left standing here?  Bill Belichick. 
    Posted by Dusty Bottoms

Let me tell you something, just because I read a book on Ron Wolfe doesn't mean I hold him in a higher light that Belichick. Ron picks players - people that pick players make mistakes (sometimes huge ones).

Ron made some very large mistakes in his career that people probably haven't a clue about. First off he wanted to hire Parcells (so he lost out there). Then he had to trade/give up a pick for Holmgren...he got completely fooled in this deal...he gave a second rounder for him because the 49ers told him it was part of Mike's contract. He gave them a second rounder without even researching his contract, it turned out to be completely false...he didn't have to give them a thing!!

He traded for Keith Jackson (second round pick) and the guy didn't even want to be there. He drafted a guy in the first round - the guy was having knee surgery the day before the draft - the guy missed his entire rookie year. Don't get me wrong, the guy did plenty right, but all these guys make mistakes.  

I'm sorry I haven't read volumes one and two yet. I'm sure they're great books, but one thing I hope it states is the value of the QB and coach. Without those two things you're always going to have problems...doesn't matter how many good linebackers or corners you have...you won't beat the teams that have a guy that can pick apart your defense. Sorry.

You really are hung up on this GM thing aren't you? Be careful, these guys are cyclical. Look at Pioli right now...the guy drafted Poe in the top 15 this year. He is being heavily criticized in KC right now for a lot of the moves he's making - he doesn't have the great QB and coach to carry him anymore.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In Response to Re: I like the Patriots : yep, until they score 17 in the most meaningful game
    Posted by anonymis

Don't worry about that. BB has invested heavily in the D to prevent the other team from staying on the field and severely limiting our number of drives.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from vertigho. Show vertigho's posts

Rusty, are you capable of leaving your yearlong, childish fued over Brady and the offense at the door of a thread, ever? Are you capable of contributing to a thread without brining in personal attacks while referencing the same, old, boring topic?

It's a new season for christ's sake... DROP IT!

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TroyBrown80. Show TroyBrown80's posts

In Response to Re: I like the Patriots : Brady gets excuses? After every loss (which there aren't that many) he stands up and takes responsibility and when they win it is all about team. Without going into a diatribe try acknowledging that we have the most decorated post season QB active today. If you are truly a Pat's fan you will sit back and enjoy the rest of Brady's career because when it is over the Pat's will be just another team in the NFL struggling to make the playoffs unless they get extremely lucky and  Mallett or the next guy turns out to be similar to Steve Young.
    Posted by jri37

Agree with you up to ^^^this^^^ point.  BB will get/have someone in place.  Will the role change?  Yes.  But it will still be good.  When BB leaves, THEN we will be in trouble.  

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from csylvia79. Show csylvia79's posts

Posted by Dusty Bottoms[/QUOTE]

More negative off topic banter looking to start a fight.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In Response to Re: I like the Patriots : False. They bash the D because of BB and his being a defensive minded coach. Case in point, McCarthy and Dom Capers were not bashed last year barely at all until the media had to in order to save face in December. LMAO The D was young in 2010 and 2011, building towards something.  How many media heads or fans do you see bashing other team's young Ds at the rate ours is? Answer? Not many. Just watch what happens this year when Pitt has James Harrison's leg a problem McFadden is gone, they're older, thinner, etc, and they're not as good.  Take away LeBeau and then watch. Pretty funny the media said nothing when Pitt looked anemic tryinng to stop Tebow last year and then when NE's D destroys them, there isn't a mention of NE's D. I could go on and on. You've been taken for a ride.  No NFL team immediately builds a GREAT D overnight unless  they have veterans as a base of the D and just fill in some parts in replacing those who left. I never expect any side of the ball to win the game, I expect complementary football.  There were NUMEROUS games in 2010 and 2011 where the D won the game for us or held the fort while our weak offense piddled around for an entire half! NUMEROUS. How does a D rank 2nd in the NFL in turnovers created and not contribute to wins?
    Posted by Dusty Bottoms

So delusional, it's not funny.
    They bash the D more than any other team because up until the last couple of games they were the worst.
    Then they moved up to second worst. Yipee
    BB and TB did a masterful job going as far as they did, with that 31st ranked ball and chain around their ankles.
    I can't imagine another combination of coach/QB doing that.

The Packers had their opportunity but failed, with the same formula.

Yes, their ability to get turn-overs helped keep them in some games and aided the O, just not in the Biggest game of the year.  Point, match, game over.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In Response to Re: I like the Patriots : You're pretty dumb as a fan if you equate passing yards allowed in this era as a way to judge a D. Ever notice that the Giants were "ranked" 27th? That's a mere 4 spots, possibly 100 yards passing (would need to look), between "27th" and "31st". Don't you feel dumb? You should. It's you, Mangione and Babe, neck and neck for the award right now. And that's an award no NFL fan should want. Try following polo.  How about that?
    Posted by Dusty Bottoms

And it's you and UD6 neck and neck as the biggest Brady basher. Awww, it's not close. You even got the guy with the Manning fetish beat!

And even he isn't stupid enough to think he can coach better than BB.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In Response to Re: I like the Patriots :  I'd say NE getting to a SB off a lockout with that many young players is more than impressive.
    Posted by Dusty Bottoms

It is amazing what a QB that throws 39 TDs and for more than 5000 yards can overcome.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1guy1sharp. Show 1guy1sharp's posts

In response to "Re: I like the Patriots":
    In Response to Re: I like the Patriots : You're pretty dumb as a fan if you equate passing yards allowed in this era as a way to judge a D. Ever notice that the Giants were "ranked" 27th? That's a mere 4 spots, possibly 100 yards passing (would need to look), between "27th" and "31st". Don't you feel dumb? You should. It's you, Mangione and Babe, neck and neck for the award right now. And that's an award no NFL fan should want. Try following polo.  How about that? Posted by Dusty Bottoms
    You are absolutely pathetic. You insist on hijacking every thread with your agenda. Nobody likes you! You are not wanted here! It's clear your the biggest troll on here. Go get a life , job or gf.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In Response to Re: I like the Patriots : You're pretty dumb as a fan if you equate passing yards allowed in this era as a way to judge a D. Ever notice that the Giants were "ranked" 27th? That's a mere 4 spots, possibly 100 yards passing (would need to look), between "27th" and "31st". Don't you feel dumb? You should. It's you, Mangione and Babe, neck and neck for the award right now. And that's an award no NFL fan should want. Try following polo.  How about that?
    Posted by Dusty Bottoms

That's how THE NATIONAL FOOTBALL LEAGUE ranks Defenses.
    Are they dumb too?  There is a reason for it that is apparently over your head.
    Is everything that doesn't fit your distorted agenda, dumb?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

Yeah, right.  Bloated stats off a lockout with Goodell emphasizing offense tranlastes to how someone plays in the playoffs. Post his playoff stats since 2005, please.
    Posted by Dusty Bottoms

Why didn't all teams have those bloated stats. Einstein?
    Wasn't it only 3?
    Looks to me, only the teams with very good to Elite QB's did.

Sections
Shortcuts