I like the Patriots

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from vertigho. Show vertigho's posts

Re: I like the Patriots

Back on ignore the tool goes. 

I really wish BDC had IP bans.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In Response to Re: I like the Patriots:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: I like the Patriots : The NFL has been in place since the early 1970s, officially, after the merger. Are you suggesting the NFL back then is the same as it is now? LOL!! We know you're new to following the NFL, but come on.
    Posted by Dusty Bottoms[/QUOTE]

Are you on crack? There sure are a lot of cracks in your Armour.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

I really like this team too, this is the best that I've felt about a Patriots team before the season starts. Belichick has done an amazing job of rebuilding the team while staying among the leagues elite. It looks like he now has that team to  win it all again. Can't wait to see this defense play. 

Bring on the Titans

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman3. Show Patsman3's posts

I like pie!!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from part-timer. Show part-timer's posts

Mmmmm! Doooughnuuts.....

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In 2011, the NFL saw numbers go UP offensively.

Oh, boy, you are going to love this one.
    Offensive passing stats have been increasing steadily as a result of:
    1, teams are passing more
    2, the increase in use of the "shot gun" which is more efficient
     than being under center

Shotgun formations are generally more efficient than formations with the quarterback under center.

Over the past five seasons, offenses have averaged 5.9 yards per play from Shotgun, but just 5.1 yards per play with the quarterback under center. This wide split exists even if you analyze the data to try to weed out biases like teams using Shotgun more often on third-and-long, or against prevent defenses in the fourth quarter. Shotgun offense is more efficient if you only look at the first half, on every down, and even if you only look at running back carries rather than passes and scrambles.

Clearly, NFL teams have figured the importance of the Shotgun out for themselves. Over the past five seasons, the average team has gone from using Shotgun 27 percent of the time to 41 percent of the time, not even counting the Wildcat and other college-style option plays that have become popular in recent years. Before 2007, no team had ever used Shotgun on more than half its offensive plays. In the past two seasons, 11 different teams have used Shotgun over half the time. It is likely that if teams continue to increase their usage of the Shotgun, defenses will adapt and the benefit of the formation will become less pronounced.

• Pro Football Prospectus

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to "Re: I like the Patriots": [QUOTE]In Response to Re: I like the Patriots : According to Rusty in preseason last year the rebuild was complete. Then BB dumped some high draft pick busts and signed a bunch of guys for D. You would think a guy who is wrong in the high 90%s would learn to just shut up. Posted by BabeParilli[/QUOTE] Remember that? My God that was funny...good memory on your part. It's getting fun calling out the biggest fraud on these boards.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to "Re: I like the Patriots": [QUOTE]In 2011, the NFL saw numbers go UP offensively. Oh, boy, you are going to love this one. Offensive passing stats have been increasing steadely as a result of: 1, teams are passing more 2, the increase in use of the "shot gun" which is more effecient  than being under center Shotgun formations are generally more efficient than formations with the quarterback under center. Over the past five seasons, offenses have averaged 5.9 yards per play from Shotgun, but just 5.1 yards per play with the quarterback under center. This wide split exists even if you analyze the data to try to weed out biases like teams using Shotgun more often on third-and-long, or against prevent defenses in the fourth quarter. Shotgun offense is more efficient if you only look at the first half, on every down, and even if you only look at running back carries rather than passes and scrambles. Clearly, NFL teams have figured the importance of the Shotgun out for themselves. Over the past five seasons, the average team has gone from using Shotgun 27 percent of the time to 41 percent of the time , not even counting the Wildcat and other college-style option plays that have become popular in recent years. Before 2007, no team had ever used Shotgun on more than half its offensive plays. In the past two seasons, 11 different teams have used Shotgun over half the time . It is likely that if teams continue to increase their usage of the Shotgun, defenses will adapt and the benefit of the formation will become less pronounced. Pro Football Prospectus Posted by pezz4pats[/QUOTE] Pezz, why even bother? The guy is never going to concede anything...he's childish. I'm not even sure that this is an adult we are dealing with anymore. Belichick could of written that piece himself and he still would think that it's Brady's fault...or that Benny should of been given the ball 25 times a game. I honestly hope we run the ball better (and more) next year, but we won't if these backs aren't good enough - just like last year.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: I like the Patriots : Ahhh!  Another person with horrendous reading comprehension skills. You inbreds read what you want to read. That's another thing you have in common.  Ellis, Carter, and a weak OLB spot weren't long term completions to a rebuilt D. The BASE had been built. Yes. It started with Mayo, then Chung, BB filtered in some guys like Nink, Kyle Love, Fletcher, Arrington, then drafted McCourty, Spikes, Dowling, etc.  Clearly, these are intended system pieces who have contributed and are the base. Everyone else knows what I said.  Good thing you teach Home Economics and not English, Hurlie.

Yup, and the guys that they drafted this year should fortify this defense. I like the Gregory signing too, he's going to work well in this system. The linebackers are solid we always had a good group during the Super Bowl years. Having a guy lke Jones is going to be big, he's the type of player that BB likes to have for his different schemes. I'd say that the defensive rebuild is almost complete, if it isn't already. Belichick's done an amazing job.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from newenglanderinexile. Show newenglanderinexile's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: I like the Patriots : How was it that the patsies were the only team effected by the lockout?
    Posted by JetMangione[/QUOTE]

affected by

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from newenglanderinexile. Show newenglanderinexile's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: I like the Patriots : Oooh, I see.  So what your saying is that Ellis, Wilfork, Meriweather, Haynesworth, Iheadigbo, Carter and Anderson were "non-veterans"? And you're also claiming that although each year, defenses are ahead of offenses early in the year do to the increased amount of time needed to put together a good offense, it was the lockout (ie decreasing practice time) that was responsible for that pathetic patsie D? You can't make this up.  You just can't.

due to

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from newenglanderinexile. Show newenglanderinexile's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: I like the Patriots : Yes, rustyperv, that was a super young defense last year with all of those rookies like Haynesworth, Ellis, Carter, Anderson, Iheadigbo, Warren and Wilfork. I'm amazed that they even knew the rules of the game, being so young.How many more years are you going to make this "rebuilding" excuse.  Apparently, if you're Rex Ryan, you can show up, replace a bunch of starters and have 3 top 5 defenses... or you can "rebuild" for 4 years.

You never seem to get the point of football.  The object is to win games, not be superior to another team in some particular way.  You always cite some statistic (like "3 top 5" defenses) that show that the Jets are better than the Patriots in some way while apparently forgetting that year after year (with a single exception), the Patriots are a vastly more successful team than the laughingstock Jets.  According to you, the Jets draft better, evaluate players better, have a much better defense statistically etc. etc., blah blah blah, but over the last dozen years which has been the superior team?  I would rather root for a team that has gone to five Super Bowls in the last dozen years than one that has been to none in the same period. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: I like the Patriots : Ahhh!  Another person with horrendous reading comprehension skills. You inbreds read what you want to read. That's another thing you have in common.  Ellis, Carter, and a weak OLB spot weren't long term completions to a rebuilt D. The BASE had been built. Yes. It started with Mayo, then Chung, BB filtered in some guys like Nink, Kyle Love, Fletcher, Arrington, then drafted McCourty, Spikes, Dowling, etc.  Clearly, these are intended system pieces who have contributed and are the base. Everyone else knows what I said.  Good thing you teach Home Economics and not English, Hurlie.

So let me get this straight, we drafted some guys, cut some guys, signed some guys, traded some guys and developed some guys? Good good..glad you cleared up the team rebuilding process for us all, next you can cover the salary cap ramifications of an undrafted free agent 4th string safety for us. 

YOU ARE A CLOWN, even the few pink hats around here don't buy what you're selling anymore. It took 18 games for you to figure out we were going to be running the 43 (remember how you argued we'd never be doing that?). It took you four years to realize Merriweather wasn't a good player...you still think Benny is a good running back.

For Christ's sake you probably thought Sergio Brown was a good player. I remember arguing with you last pre season about how Sergio had to be the worst player I've ever seen at jamming a player. I made a bet with you last year that I'd leave this board for good if Markell Carter ever made the roster, after you got all excited about how good he was on the practice squad.

You just really don't know football. Sorry:)

It's ok!! There will be new people that come on here and buy into you for a bit and when they see how much of a dufus you are, you can just start over with your new account:)

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

19-0

Another hijacked thread by the Brady Basher.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: I like the Patriots : Yes, rustyperv, that was a super young defense last year with all of those rookies like Haynesworth, Ellis, Carter, Anderson, Iheadigbo, Warren and Wilfork. I'm amazed that they even knew the rules of the game, being so young.How many more years are you going to make this "rebuilding" excuse.  Apparently, if you're Rex Ryan, you can show up, replace a bunch of starters and have 3 top 5 defenses... or you can "rebuild" for 4 years.

Get lost.  You are a cartoon in every possible way.  I would love to see you drive off a cliff.  I'd post it on youtube with a laugh track.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from csylvia79. Show csylvia79's posts

[QUOTE]19-0 Another hijacked thread by the Brady Basher.
    Posted by tcal2-[/QUOTE]

Totally agree... I can see why certain posters constantly try to beat back the constants spew of negativity but I think it is just futile. I think somewhere along the line Brady crushed his hopes and dreams and he just can't handle it.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

In Response to I like the Patriots:
    [QUOTE]I like where the team is.  A lot of people here talk about stats and what the team has/hasn't done in the past 8 years, but I really like our team.  I think it has made significant steps forward from last year, and we won't see that desperate need to put up 40 points every game.  Looks more balanced on both sides of the ball, and Josh McD being back factors in heavily for me.  I am going to lean back an enjoy this season.  Looking forward to Monday's tilt against the Eagles.
    Posted by Davedsone[/QUOTE]

+1 Bump

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

I'm saving my opinion until the end of September.  Last year didn't look bad either.  Folks here were going crazy about the defense after the first two pre-season games.  Then BB dumped several safties during preseason and then CBs during the season.  The pass rush everyone saw disappeared.

Happy to see Josh back.  That is a plus.

I would like to see some pressure lifted off Brady myself.  The defense has to get better in order for the Pats return to the SB. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

[QUOTE]I'm saving my opinion until the end of September.  Last year didn't look bad either.  Folks here were going crazy about the defense after the first two pre-season games.  Then BB dumped several safties during preseason and then CBs during the season.  The pass rush everyone saw disappeared. Happy to see Josh back.  That is a plus. I would like to see some pressure lifted off Brady myself.  The defense has to get better in order for the Pats return to the SB. 
    Posted by garytx[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I remember that. The defense looked incredible against the Bucs last August and everyone was saying how Mayo was going to end up getting 10 sacks this year (at least). Or how we were going to be this crazy blitzing team that just pressured QBs all game. Then the season started...

I think part of the problem last year was that the defensive line had some problems - I think they expected Haynesworth to do something and then others were hurt (Brace, Pryor). The safety spot was a nightmare from the get go...never mind the fact they had injuries there too. And the secondary was in shambles after the second game - losing Dowling and Bodden right away had to hurt.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

This Brady thing has really gotten over blown.  The defense was terrible.  It was not going to win the Pats any games.  They might be able to hold onto something but it wasn't going to win anything.  This team would go as far as the offense could carry it meaning they would have to play perfect football.  They didn't and the Pats lost the SB.  To ask for perfection is asking a lot on the biggest stage against a sound opponent.  The bottom line is the Pats shouldn't have even been close to the SB with that defense.

My silly opinion of the SB was this.  The defense for what it was played well.  Again, nobody in their right mind would expect this defense to play flawless football.  We could expect that out of the offense.  Brady showed his human side by the safety and the throw that was behind Welker.  Brady did not play a perfect game which was needed in order for this team to win the SB.  It was asking a lot.  

Brady is a great QB and I'm happy that he is a Patriot.  With Brady you always, always have a chance.  Be assured the fans of the other team knows this too. 

This is the most I've said in awhile.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

[QUOTE]I'm saving my opinion until the end of September.  Last year didn't look bad either.  Folks here were going crazy about the defense after the first two pre-season games.  Then BB dumped several safties during preseason and then CBs during the season.  The pass rush everyone saw disappeared. Happy to see Josh back.  That is a plus. I would like to see some pressure lifted off Brady myself.  The defense has to get better in order for the Pats return to the SB. 
    Posted by garytx[/QUOTE]

Happy to see garytx back!  That is a plus!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

Wow, thanks Rocky.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

I feel like the team is a bus.  Passengers get on, passengers get off.  The driver is the one who understands the route, some of the passengers may also, but it's the driver who decides, takes required detours, etc.  If a passenger is unruly or unwilling to pay, they are ejected.  The bus is going to end it's run with whoever decided to pay the price and ride along.  

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

[QUOTE]I feel like the team is a bus.  Passengers get on, passengers get off.  The driver is the one who understands the route, some of the passengers may also, but it's the driver who decides, takes required detours, etc.  If a passenger is unruly or unwilling to pay, they are ejected.  The bus is going to end it's run with whoever decided to pay the price and ride along.  
    Posted by Davedsone[/QUOTE]

I'm sorry, what? I've read this 50 times and I can't help but feel like I just fell down the rabbit hole in Alice And Wonderland.