I Love Being The Underdog.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from vertigho. Show vertigho's posts

I Love Being The Underdog.

What's better than having everyone write you off before the season as started? I love the fact that everyone has us losing the AFC East, I love that everyone has us losing to Cincy. 

I don't think the Ty Warren loss hurts us at all - I only see a loss of depth, not talent. The Bodden loss concerns me a bit more, but I still firmly believe that Butler and McCourty will turn out to be very solid CBs. Youth, speed, and quick feet in the secondary are good things, especially when you have Belichick coaching them, who should help prevent any "confusion" issues.

Again, I love the fact that we're being written off. It really reminds me of '06, when we were too old. Same basic idea, but now we're too young.

For one, I believe that our offense is much better than '06, and I think our defense will surprise.

Again, we'll see what happens, but I think that we'll surprise a lot of people this year.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

Re: I Love Being The Underdog.

all of the pundits are picking the Pats to win the division to avoid giving them movitation, but they're also picking the Pats as the most likely team to flop, which reveals their true opinions.

So yes, I am enjoying this whole bit where we're not EXPECTED to go very far, especially for the sake of the young players on the roster

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggggg. Show underdoggggg's posts

I am the underdoggggg

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

I thought you spelled underdog wrong for a minute but then I remembered there is only on "g" in underdog.  I sure wish I didn't see the word underdog spelled with so many g's around here.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggggg. Show underdoggggg's posts

Blame the mods and the stalker.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

i dont think anyone in their right mind has written off the pats...therefore...they arent making them into underdogs...if anything...most people feel that the pats are lurking and ready to strike

but hey...whatever helps you sleep at night because that pass defense is going to be pretty bad

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from RushThePillPopper. Show RushThePillPopper's posts

In Response to I Love Being The Underdog.:
    [QUOTE]What's better than having everyone write you off before the season as started? I love the fact that everyone has us losing the AFC East, I love that everyone has us losing to Cincy.  I don't think the Ty Warren loss hurts us at all - I only see a loss of depth, not talent. The Bodden loss concerns me a bit more, but I still firmly believe that Butler and McCourty will turn out to be very solid CBs. Youth, speed, and quick feet in the secondary are good things, especially when you have Belichick coaching them, who should help prevent any "confusion" issues. Again, I love the fact that we're being written off. It really reminds me of '06, when we were too old. Same basic idea, but now we're too young. For one, I believe that our offense is much better than '06, and I think our defense will surprise. Again, we'll see what happens, but I think that we'll surprise a lot of people this year.
    Posted by vertigho[/QUOTE]....no one is writing the Patriots off. it's a ruse. I am a Jet fan and am not in the least giving them the division by any means. I certainly am hoping for the best but realistically looking at a wild card berth for my team. As for age and expectations, players with age have the experience of playing in the NFL so they are able to draw on that to up their play. Young players (rookies, 2nd years) are still learning how to play so their overall performances could be not at such a high level.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcour382. Show jcour382's posts

WOW  an actual realistic jests fan......they will be lucky to get a wild card...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from RushThePillPopper. Show RushThePillPopper's posts

In Response to Re: I Love Being The Underdog.:
    [QUOTE]WOW  an actual realistic jests fan......they will be lucky to get a wild card...
    Posted by jcour382[/QUOTE]...the first 3 weeks will tell. and I am not Leon or anything like him/her/it. Any Pats fans that says 12-4 or better is being unrealistic. They should be able to score but can they hold off other teams with the D in it's current state?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

In Response to Re: I Love Being The Underdog.:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: I Love Being The Underdog. : ...the first 3 weeks will tell. and I am not Leon or anything like him/her/it. Any Pats fans that says 12-4 or better is being unrealistic. They should be able to score but can they hold off other teams with the D in it's current state?
    Posted by RipFace[/QUOTE]

Yes, the first 3 weeks will tell the story.  Questions will be answered about the Pats defense and the Jets offense.  Both are questionable with talent that has not impressed during the preseason.  Looking forward to Sunday.

Sections
Shortcuts