I love Bill Billicheck

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Re: I love Bill Billicheck

In response to Bunker Spreckels' comment:
    [QUOTE]

BB drafted Brady. He sent Grier to look at Rattay and Brady. They then chose Brady. Please know the facts.

This is thread is utterly ridiculous started by a tool with a very weak spine and character. 

[/QUOTE]

Actually a number of reports have said (with direct quotes) Grier took it upon himself to gather information on Brady and made the choice to draft him. Kraft also admitted that in the early stages of BB's coaching life in NE he was not given as much authority in drafting, it was later earned. But yeah don't let facts get in your way or anything. It's just the owner of the team telling you that BB didn't have much say in the 00' draft

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

hey Leon - don't forget the Jets were caught doing the same exact thing not once but twice. However, since the Jets suck anyways and have no shot at even being in a SB there was no need to punish them any further then letting them stay in the armpit of the US with all those wonderful fans like yourself

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

In response to MasterHess-'s comment:
    [QUOTE]

I hate BB-Anybody that thinks he is bigger then the game(Spygate) deserves to lose every game he coaches in ...but hey this is a forum and my opinion counts just as much as the next guys

[/QUOTE]

Ho-hum.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to PatsEng's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

BB drafted Brady. He sent Grier to look at Rattay and Brady. They then chose Brady. Please know the facts.

This is thread is utterly ridiculous started by a tool with a very weak spine and character. 

[/QUOTE]

Actually a number of reports have said (with direct quotes) Grier took it upon himself to gather information on Brady and made the choice to draft him. Kraft also admitted that in the early stages of BB's coaching life in NE he was not given as much authority in drafting, it was later earned. But yeah don't let facts get in your way or anything. It's just the owner of the team telling you that BB didn't have much say in the 00' draft

[/QUOTE]

Dude, there is film of BB in the room as the GM drafting Brady.  Pioli was also there. Grier was nothing more than a transition guy into 2000. He knew he was being let go. He helped in the process in terms of bridging what they had done before BB arrived. That's about it.

Maybe Grier did like Brady, too, but Kraft hired BB as coach and GM here.  Grier was given a different title and then left.

You're making it seem like BB deferred to Grier on the choice, which is not correct. BB drafted Brady.  This was also talked about in the Brady 6 documentary.

Not trying to show you up here, just clarifying that you are wrong in saying "BB didn't draft Brady".

[/QUOTE]

Grier was the only person in the Pats orginization who did any investigation on Brady on his own accord. He made the strong recommendation to BB that Brady was drafted. In the end without Grier BB wouldn't have drafted Brady therefor Grier was the reason BB drafted Brady.

Now just drafting a player is meaningless without development and I give full credit to BB for developing Brady into the QB he is today. Who knows maybe Brady would have been Cassel before Cassel without BB developing him. I give all the credit to Brady's success to BB for his development but the reason Brady was drafted was Grier not BB

Trust me that is very hard for me to say and give Grier credit because he was a horrible draft guy who killed a young promising team with tons of picks between 97-99 but he did get Brady right.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

I may not always like BB's decisions but the bottomline is inovative and HOF coach.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

It was Dick Rehbein who stumped hard for drafting of Brady

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from PATSthebest. Show PATSthebest's posts

In response to PhatRex's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Oooh, there was film in the room.  Well that clears it up.  Clearly, BB was the one to make that huge gamble with a 6th round pick, somehow knowing that Brady was a hidden superstar that would be ignored for 5+ rounds.

Got to agree with PhatRex. Do your really think BB new what he was getting with Brady in the 6th round? It was pure luck. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Well, it's pretty clear he can't draft DBs worth a dayam.

[/QUOTE]

Or coach them up... If anything players (Merriweather, McCourty and Chung all come to mind) actually get worse with time.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from newenglanderinexile. Show newenglanderinexile's posts

In response to MasterHess-'s comment:
    [QUOTE]

Glen- Seriously-Get back to work. You are all worked up over the pats being embarrassed yesterday. All of NE is. Remember that it's just a game and your life should not revolve around a sports team.

So don't rip off any team logo stickers that you and the rest of the NE fan base like to put on every vehicle that you own. Well maybe the redsox because they are the laughing stock of all sports anyway.

What's up with all the tacky team logo stickers anyway?

[/QUOTE]

The Yankees are pretty funny too.  They can't score in their own ballpark and now their socalled fans are deserting them.  $200 million a year ain't what is used to be, I guess. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from newenglanderinexile. Show newenglanderinexile's posts

In response to stan17's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I may not always like BB's decisions but the bottomline is inovative and HOF coach.

[/QUOTE]

I'll bet I can name one head coach who will never make the Hall of Fame. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from newenglanderinexile. Show newenglanderinexile's posts

In response to jri37's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Oooh, there was film in the room.  Well that clears it up.  Clearly, BB was the one to make that huge gamble with a 6th round pick, somehow knowing that Brady was a hidden superstar that would be ignored for 5+ rounds.

[/QUOTE]

yeah, not quite as brilliant as moving up from 16 to 5 for a 4th year qb that is completing 49% of his passes.

[/QUOTE]

49% is pretty good---for 1964. 

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.