I love Chris Carter. His thoughts on Brady VS Payton as best QB

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Re: I love Chris Carter. His thoughts on Brady VS Payton as best QB

In response to agcsbill's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to glenr's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The whole media line about manning and the Broncos 'blowing' the game in the second half was stupid anyway. If anything the Pats blew the first half.

24 points

7 by the defense

7 after recovering a fumble and ending up on the Pats' 10 yard line

3 points after recovering a fumble midfield

So in reality 17 of those 24 points were more the result of the Pats own mistakes not the supposedly awesome Broncos offense

[/QUOTE]

Media did not want to "really" say this.  It was about the mistakes the Broncos made in the second half that contributed to the Pats winning.  Uh-huh!  The mistakes the Pats made in the first half was just "good play" by the Broncos.  Another uh-huh!

[/QUOTE]

LMAO So true. The announcers were terribly biased. They couldn't even disguise they were rooting for the donkeys.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to JohnHannahrulz's comment:
    [QUOTE]

he doesn't need fellatting from the national media to succeed.

[/QUOTE]

C'mon, everybody needs a good fellatting now and then; like Rusty's older gent lover enjoys regularly.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

In response to MeadowlandMike's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to PatsLifer's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to MeadowlandMike's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to DeadAhead's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to pezz4pats' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Oh my god. Anyone saying ""I love Cris Carter" should be baned immediately.  He's not only dumb, the day BB dealt Moss, Carter started going after BB.

Been that way since 2010.

BB could have coached a shutout on Sunday night and Carter would still find a way to deflect from BB's genius.

[/QUOTE]

So you admit you think that anyone praising TB is deflecting from BB's genius?

I've been saying that about you for years.

SICK SICK SICK
    What a total nut job

[/QUOTE]

No.

Your reading comprehension is not my problem. I admit that BB can't stop Brady from performing poorly in recent postseasons. That is what I admit.

[/QUOTE]

Can he stop his run D from being one of the NFLs worse?  TWO HUNDRED YARDS TO ONE RB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

[/QUOTE]

Who cares when manning didn't exactly light up the air. The end result bustchise, the end result. 

[/QUOTE]

Let me understand this.... because the Broncos gave the game away on special teams, that means that giving up 200 yards to a single RB is a good idea?  So, if the Broncos had won, then it would have been an awful game plan? 

[/QUOTE]

The broncos didnt win, neither did the jests

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I can't even believe there is a Manning/Brady debate anymore - if Manning was 10-4 going against Brady no one would deny Manning was the best, but abrady abrady does it it's still debatable?? I guess I don't get it. Do meaningless yardage and touchdown pass statistics really mean that much? The guy played in a dome most of his career and had better talent to work with his entire career (except for 07). 

Dont get me wrong, I think Manning is an outstanding quarterback, but in the end I just think Brady is the better all around player....it's been proven beyond a reasonable doubt at this point.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

Cc has been a pro Brady guy for awhile

i listen to most analysts, I listen to the points they make and the logic they use

CC said  1-4 vs PM and 3-1 in SB wins case cloed no debate

like him or not his logic is sound. unlike Greenie who says for the first six games of the year TB has never been close to that - I guess he forgot 2007" Greenie is an idiot,

And after cc said what he did Greenie didn't repeat his Gomer is the greatest of all time croup sandwich.

Also did you see Marshall Faulk? Even he was not arguing that TB isn't better, he just shut up-and I rarely listen to him

The important thing is that with this game, the truth came to light about pm s playoff record and his record in bad weather. tthis game changed the debate to TBs favor , no matter who is talking

all the talk about Bb not winning without purcells and TB is sort of silly. They also haven't won without BB. the only coach , gm that compares to Bb is bill WalshWalsh

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

I hate Carter but he's right about this.  But don't worry it will be short lived.  In two weeks everyone will forget about him once again crapping himself on the big stage and will have him winning the SB.  Then when he blows it again in January they will have him in the SB again by August.  

Hes been doing this his whole career and nothing's changed. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Oh my god. Anyone saying ""I love Cris Carter" should be baned immediately.  He's not only dumb, the day BB dealt Moss, Carter started going after BB.

Been that way since 2010.

BB could have coached a shutout on Sunday night and Carter would still find a way to deflect from BB's genius.

[/QUOTE]

Anybody who has been banned 30 times that can't spell banned, should be banned again.

[/QUOTE]

+1

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Should have heard Marshall Faulk on NFL network on game day Final the other night. He was loving TB like you wouldn't believe.

Funny how the haters always jump on the bandwagon.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

I'm with KP on this one also interesting commentary from Sapp, Irvin and Deion.

Clarfication is needed: ESPN 30 for 30 is great investigative sports journalism. Using hyperbole to generate perceived controversy is what journalists do when they are mired in bland reportage. An example is calling Brady or Belichick a God. Not that I care, but isn't doing some follow-up on Jameis Winston's case more aligned with investigative reporting than the ongoing self-inflicted idiocy of Skip Bayless (Tebow better than Brady) and Steve Smith (Mayweather could beat Hagler, Hearns, Sugar Ray Leonard and Robinson). Remember how ESPN scooped BALCO....oh wait that never happened. Difficult to engage in quality journalism when you have to cuss out gophers and tape editors.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

In response to JohnHannahrulz's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I'm with KP on this one also interesting commentary from Sapp, Irvin and Deion.

[/QUOTE]

Deion is the best analyst that NFL network has. he is always on target about any issue, game stragetgy or poor performance. He was especially complimentary of TB the other night.

I also remember early in the season Irvin stating that that the Patriots were right in gong after youth at WR, and that they would be insync with TB as the season went on.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from No-Mercy-Defence. Show No-Mercy-Defence's posts

In response to Quagmire3's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Can he stop his run D from being one of the NFLs worse?  TWO HUNDRED YARDS TO ONE RB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

[/QUOTE]

MM even a troll as stupid as you can look at the D played and deduce the gameplan was to give up the rushing yards and play nickel and dime almost all game to takeaway the short passes and middle of the field. Your not only annoying, apparently your stupid.

[/QUOTE]

+100

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to pymus1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Today on NFL Live with Chris Berman and company. "Don't even talk to me about Brady vs Manning. As far as I'm concerned no one can come close to Tom Brady" 

[/QUOTE]

Carter is a Hall of Fame WR. Who better to judge QBs?

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:
    [QUOTE]

"BB could have coached a shutout on Sunday night and Carter would still find a way to deflect from BB's genius."

Look, Cris Carter is not the best analyst out there by any stretch. He's middle of the pack at best in terms of former players. 

But what you fail to understand, what you constantly fail to grasp, is that praising Brady does not diminish Belichick. Their legacies are inseparable. 

You are stuck in a tragic time glitch. Two decades ago, heck, even a bit more than a decade ago with the Brad Johnson Buccaneers, you could win it all with a "game manager" QB. 

Now, with the offensive rules the way they are, you have to have a great QB (that includes a QB that plays well under pressure and gets hot at the right time (e.g. Eli, Flacco) even if they may not be sustainably great. They must play great when it counts. 

We don't win that Broncos game with Matt Cassel. We don't get to Super Bowls with a Matt Cassel type. Could Belichick have done it with Peyton? Probably. We'll never know but probably, even though Peyton does seem to struggle in the biggest moments. 

This does NOT take away from BB's coaching genius in any way, except in your myopic world. 

The unfortunate part is you don't perceive or understand all the reports about how Brady's fiery brand of leadership is the perfect complement to BB's reserved "one step ahead on the chessboard" demeanor. They lead - together.

Fortunately common sense on this topic has completelyi overwhelmed you both in here and in media.

[/QUOTE]

I agree with most of what you say, but for you to deny the media has not attacked BB unfairly and then got caught being frauds within that, I don't know what to tell you.

Case in point, which is one of MANY for the last 5 or so years:

In 2011, off a lockout, our pass D had young kids or injuries in the secondary with no camp, nothing, for continuity to be developed.  GB's pass D was WORSE all year, which I kept saying over and over and Brady was at an all time high at one point for INTs.  The media ignored GB's being way worse because they don't dislike Mike McCarthy.   Remember this? I was the one to keep saying "GBs entire D is way worse, at least we do some things very well".

The media ignored BOTH of these facts.

Why? Because it allowed them to hammer BB's "31st ranked D" to the point the morons here, along with giddy trolls, all latched onto that.

Then, we end up in the SB, with the D being a BIG reason why.  Spikes INT, Moore's play in the end zone.  Sure, a little luck but still, the D outplayed the O in that postseason.

If Brady does not throw that INT or if Welker does not drop that ball, holding the Giants to 13 points in that SB, would have EMBARRASSED the anti-BB media to the moon and back. Fact. They would have all had to come forward with their mea culpas.

The real truth is, they have a fear of having to do that if we were to win a SB again. It would all but force them to praise Brady as the best ever but also BB.  The latter, they fear doing.

So, they'll always CHOOSE to praise Brady and underrate their praise for BB.

Another fact is, the media is praising Brady for his great game the other night, deservedly so. However, that was easily one of BB's greatest gameplans and it also featured epic mindfukks throughout, including OT. It was epic BB. That gameplan will now be attempted by KC this week, especially with Moreno in walking boot.

I've heard VERY little praise. It's mostly been for Brady.  Our D followed a great gameplan and executed brilliantly under BB's leadership.

That game was JUST like SF last year, where a hyped team came in here is overrated, and BB stopped their offense cold with the gameplan, enough for Brady and the offense to claw back in it.

Instead, many tried to pin that game on the D!  Remember? Like they are supposed to hold SF to 4 FGs there, in succession?  One drive of theirs was from like the 4 yard line.

[/QUOTE]

I think BTS summed it up nicely. Praising Brady is not a slam against bb, actually it's praising him in an indirect way...maybe not intentioned, but praising just the same. 

PI am not sure why you can't simply recognize the greatness of Brady? He is truly one of the best ever. 

The game the other night went like this. Bb and staff developed a great game plan. Neither the D nor O executed it well. Adjustments were made during the half, both squads plus ST executed perfectly in the 2nd half. Bb made the right call in overtime. We win. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In 2011, off a lockout, our pass D had young kids or injuries in the secondary with no camp, nothing, for continuity to be developed.  GB's pass D was WORSE all year, which I kept saying over and over and Brady was at an all time high at one point for INTs.  The media ignored GB's being way worse because they don't dislike Mike McCarthy.   Remember this? I was the one to keep saying "GBs entire D is way worse, at least we do some things very well".

Again with the lies,crusto.

First off, ALL teams went through the loock out, not just BB's.

Secondly NE's D was by far the worst.  GB overtook them in yards at the very end when Stafford burnt them for 600+ yards and with that the difference was only 8 yards worse in the end.

NE also had a worse Run D

Ne also gave up the most 3rd downs and alowed the most first downs

Gb also had a much better give away/take away #'s

GB got off the field faster, giving the ball back to the O better

31st ranked D's don't win SB's.

Thank you BB!

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

In response to seawolfxs' comment:
    [QUOTE]

Cc has been a pro Brady guy for awhile

i listen to most analysts, I listen to the points they make and the logic they use

CC said  1-4 vs PM and 3-1 in SB wins case cloed no debate

like him or not his logic is sound. unlike Greenie who says for the first six games of the year TB has never been close to that - I guess he forgot 2007" Greenie is an idiot,

And after cc said what he did Greenie didn't repeat his Gomer is the greatest of all time croup sandwich.

Also did you see Marshall Faulk? Even he was not arguing that TB isn't better, he just shut up-and I rarely listen to him

The important thing is that with this game, the truth came to light about pm s playoff record and his record in bad weather. tthis game changed the debate to TBs favor , no matter who is talking

all the talk about Bb not winning without purcells and TB is sort of silly. They also haven't won without BB. the only coach , gm that compares to Bb is bill WalshWalsh

[/QUOTE]

Consider what we were hearing coming into this game:

#1 - Many talking heads were saying this may be the BEST offensive team Manning has had at his disposal.

#2 - Manning has a defense that is considered strong enough to put another SB ring on his hand

#3 - Manning has problems with cold weather games.

What did we get:

#1 - Manning was spotted 24 points going into the second half and could only muster 7 more.

#2 - After the first three scores the Pats had in the second half, Manning COULD NOT lead the Broncos to another score.

#3 - Manning getting the ball first in OT should have been money for at least a FG, did not happen twice.

Granted, Brady also had two chances in the OT, but, when all is said and done, Brady did a better job to position the Pats to win the game than Manning.  Remember, Manning threw a pic, too.  So, even though Manning may have all the stats, IMHO, Brady is the stronger QB to lead his team to a win when times are tough and a lot is on the line.

Sections
Shortcuts