I love Kevin Faulk as much as the next guy, BUT.........

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

Re: I love Kevin Faulk as much as the next guy, BUT.........

I like Ridley and BJGE but I really want to see what Shane Vereen can do. He was a 2nd round pick, picked right before Mikel Leshoure who was highly touted and I am hoping this isnt another Jermaine Cunningham / Carlos Dunlap decision.....

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dmcpatsfan. Show dmcpatsfan's posts

I love Kevin Faulk as much as the next guy, BUT.........

seriously, with all the youth & talent we now have on the team your telling me a guy 35 yo guy coming off a major knee injury is the best option we have on the team to put out there...REALLY??!!

I don't care about  his farmiliarity or past accolades. I'm talking about personel...Woodhead,Ridley & Vereen aren't better options at this point...all 3 are faster, & more explosive & have the potential to bust a huge play anytime they touch the ball....

Again, I think Faulk WAS awesome for the Patriots in years past & he will always be one of my favorite players but I'm just being an objective fan here(or trying to be)....seriously, I'm curious to see what everyone else out there is thinking about this...just be logical in your response please

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Purely from a fan standpoint, I would like to see more of both Ridley and Price as well as a healthy BJGE.  I, too, love Kevin Faulk and think he can make a contribution but he is by no means an every down back.  As for Vereen, I truly would like to see what he can do.  Not sure what's holding him back.

And while we're on the subject of offense, not sure what Ocho's problem is but he needs to fix it soon.  Lot of $$ for a guy who's apparently a great practice player.

And this is the funkiest post sequencing I've ever seen.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dmcpatsfan. Show dmcpatsfan's posts

What the heck happened here...my post is showing up AFTER the responses....if there's anyone monitoring this sight please correct this!!!!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from CubanPete. Show CubanPete's posts

In Response to Re: I love Kevin Faulk as much as the next guy, BUT.........:
    [QUOTE]He's actually 35 years old. Yup. I agree. I thought using him as a lead back on Sunday was totally the wrong move and I don't want to see special privileges at the expense of others who can be  better than he is. Why would you expect him to be great after missing all that time and reps? Again: BJGE/Ridley as lead backs Change of pace backs: Woodhead/Faulk/Vereen
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing[/QUOTE]

Ridley is allergic to contact. With BJGE and Woohead with injuries, and Faulk on the PUP list, Vereen still can't get more than cameos for PT. BB continues to waste 2nd and 3rd round picks.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from CubanPete. Show CubanPete's posts

[QUOTE]I like Ridley and BJGE but I really want to see what Shane Vereen can do. He was a 2nd round pick, picked right before Mikel Leshoure who was highly touted and I am hoping this isnt another Jermaine Cunningham / Carlos Dunlap decision.....
    Posted by Quagmire3[/QUOTE]

... or a Patrick Chung / Jarius Byrd descision or a Brandon Tate / Mike Wallace decision...

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsfaninswflorida. Show Patsfaninswflorida's posts

It is nothing short of excruciating to witness losses from this team when it is unnecessary.

The choices made by BB or Obrien have resulted in the two losses plain and simple. 

Ever since Ridley ran into a few brick walls and had a tough game he has been standing on the sidelines... maybe we should make Brady stand on the sidelines after he throws a pick.... brilliant. 

Ridley should be on the field every game in a big way.  The kid is big, strong, shifty, powerful and can break for 20 yards on any given touch.... yet he is watching from the sidelines.

Taylor Price is also another mis-management of talent and should be giving more reps....  when I saw the recent article with O'Brien saying Price would be given more reps my first thought was....  Oh... Ya think?   

From what I have seen from Taylor Price he reminds me of a faster Hernandez.... that can be a serious deep threat with great hands.  Yet he has been standing on the sidelines.

... and don't get me started on the anemic game planning with Brady in the shotgun constantly.  How about mixing it up with play action passes...  and RUN THE DA*M BALL!

If Brady did not under throw that ball to Price this past week end he would have probably scored.... yet we did not see another attempt at him for the rest of the game....  brilliant.

We have the talent....  it is simply not being used at anywhere near it's potential.... 

I am seriously frustrated with BB for not seeing what is glaringly obvious to many of us fans with admitted less knowledge of the game. 

I sometimes think.....  he has to see this.... maybe he is purposefully underutilizing the talent so as not give away the game plan in the play-offs... 

...at least that's what I thought a few years ago only to go one and done in the play-offs and look even more lethargic and pathetic on game planning than in the regular season....  so... nope....  that can't be it...

Very.... very frustrating...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

All options need to be used more and this is my concern.  We have 2 guys in Price and Ocho who arent contributing. Early on when we were putting up 500 yards of offense, noone cared, but lately we are looking like the 07 team coming down the stretch all old and worn out and figured out.

The Steelers basically beat us by looking at our stats.  They saw we had a bad pass defense and exploited it and on defense they saw that after Wes and Dieon, there were no other players with high catch totals, so they manned up and doubled Wes and Dieon in spots and it worked

Had we been utilizing a Price or Ocho more and running the ball more, no way they could execute that plan, but the mear fact they tried it tells me they knew Brady wouldnt defer to the run and he would try to pass all day and it didnt work.

Its almost like when we lose, we all know why we lost and its always coaching and gameplanning, not being outmatched, although we were flat, but you have to ask yourself if everyone is on board w/ the plan.

I know 90% of defensive players atleast like when the offense runs. Do you see them more excited after a TD run or a TD pass?  They know running the ball is the best option to start because they defend and know how hard it is to defend both and they know how easy it is to defend just one.

This is whats frustrating. We all know our defense has isssues, but our personell on offense should allow us to win any game if called right.

Brady is back there trying to juke guys 15 yards behind the line of scrimmage?!?!

How about throwing the ball away. When was the last time Brady did that?

Besides Big Ben, he probably does it less then anyone.

He thinks he can make every play, and he should be relying on the run for help. Just As I suspected, this staff will continue to have brain farts and forget fundamentals because of # 12 regardless of the success we had vs Oakland and NYJ.  Its just stooooo- pid!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

MODS - FIX THE &*%&$*%*(% BOARD!  I feel like I'm drunk or should be drunk while I'm trying to follow the posts in such a screwed up order.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from arodrambone. Show arodrambone's posts

how does anybody still defend picking up two running backs in the first 3 rounds? like our roster was so set at every other position that we could afford to draft 4th and 5th string rbs high in the draft. arrogance and lack of respect for the draft process. we need a GM who spends more than 3 months a year studying prospects, with enough distance from the players to view their strengths and weaknesses more negatively.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

[QUOTE]how does anybody still defend picking up two running backs in the first 3 rounds? like our roster was so set at every other position that we could afford to draft 4th and 5th string rbs high in the draft. arrogance and lack of respect for the draft process. we need a GM who spends more than 3 months a year studying prospects, with enough distance from the players to view their strengths and weaknesses more negatively.
    Posted by arodrambone[/QUOTE]

I'd actually prefer a GM who viewed the players objectively not negatively.  Implying that BB is too close to the players doesn't seem consistent with his demonstrated willingness to cut 'em loose when he thinks it's in the best interests of the team.  I'll grant you that some of his draft behavior is not clearly understood and hasn't always resulted in success but I think, all in all, he's pretty objective about the process and the team.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dmcpatsfan. Show dmcpatsfan's posts

I loved the pick ups of Ridley & Vereen & where he took them...what frustrates me is that they are not an intricle part of the offensive scheme...the Pats desperatly needed RB's & got 2 studs but not incorperating them & becoming a more balanced offense is where it all goes to crap....these guys need to be on the field A LOT more & used in creative ways...such a waste of potent talent....in a way I almost wish they would trade Brady for a boatload of high picks so they would be forced to be more balanced......OK, I want to keep Brady but I'd like to BEOTCH slap our OC  for his inability to maximize all the players on offense....

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

I think BB is keeping Law Firm and Ridley healthy for the playoffs, he used Faulk for 2/3rds of a season to keep Antoine Smith healthy for the playoffs, don't think he'd do it again?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

[QUOTE]how does anybody still defend picking up two running backs in the first 3 rounds? like our roster was so set at every other position that we could afford to draft 4th and 5th string rbs high in the draft. arrogance and lack of respect for the draft process. we need a GM who spends more than 3 months a year studying prospects, with enough distance from the players to view their strengths and weaknesses more negatively.
    Posted by arodrambone[/QUOTE]

Well, Ellis, Carter, and Haynesworth was supposed to help our pass rush. Either it's still too early for that to happen or it just ain't happenin. So, that's why 2 backs were chosen (because BB wasn't sure if Faulk would be back and they weren't gonna sign morris?)

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

WHERE THE HELL IS RIDLEY????

Sections
Shortcuts