I love ya Wes - but please dont resign with Pats

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccsjl. Show ccsjl's posts

I love ya Wes - but please dont resign with Pats

Simply because in the next 3 years you will MAKE that same catch 15-20 times....Each time you make a similar catch you know the networks will rerun your drop to bring back the painful memory of last nights championship that you lost for us.....

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

Re: I love ya Wes - but please dont resign with Pats

Please.  Wes could have won it, but he sure didn't lose it.  The guy who threw that mess toward Gronk and got intercepted was at least partly to blame.  That was a bad INT.  The fact is, the whole offense contributed greatly.  From start to finish.  I won't blame the D for not holding up at the end, I think 19 points is pretty good.  To not score a touchdown for almost the entire half on a team that is offensively oriented to begin with is an issue.  To not adjust to Gronk being less than Gronk is a coaching issue.  Heck, put Ocho out there and JUST have him run go routes.  Whatever, I'm already over the loss and on to next year.  I am just determined to not take this too seriously any more.  I love Welker and want him back.  He is a warrior and personifies what this team is all about.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauldeba. Show pauldeba's posts

I wonder how many yards Brady could have run on that interception had he not thrown it. I'm guessing 20, if not more.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

ccsajl... what are you smoking??!!  One play and you don't want Wes on the team.  In that case, FIRE the whole team since Wes wasn't alone in losing that game!  Just get past it!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

In Response to Re: I love ya Wes - but please dont resign with Pats:
    [QUOTE]Please.  Wes could have won it, but he sure didn't lose it.  The guy who threw that mess toward Gronk and got intercepted was at least partly to blame.  That was a bad INT.  The fact is, the whole offense contributed greatly.  From start to finish.  I won't blame the D for not holding up at the end, I think 19 points is pretty good.  To not score a touchdown for almost the entire half on a team that is offensively oriented to begin with is an issue.  To not adjust to Gronk being less than Gronk is a coaching issue.  Heck, put Ocho out there and JUST have him run go routes.  Whatever, I'm already over the loss and on to next year.  I am just determined to not take this too seriously any more.  I love Welker and want him back.  He is a warrior and personifies what this team is all about.
    Posted by Davedsone[/QUOTE]

one of your best posts i think

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

Welker is coming off his best year.

Depends on how much $$$ he wants

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccsjl. Show ccsjl's posts

Cant ask for big bucks....he DROPPED his biggest bargaining chip last night!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

Guess they need to get rid of Hern, Branch, and Benny too.
    Plenty of dropped passes to go around.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from wasecl. Show wasecl's posts

Only sign if Wes Buckner takes 1mil per year

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

[QUOTE]Only sign if Wes Buckner takes 1mil per year
    Posted by wasecl[/QUOTE]

Ya the league leader in receptions is going to take 1 million a year.
    He11, 85 made more than twice as much as Welker this year.
    All receivers drop passes! 
    I just don't understand all the hate on this board.  It's revolting!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

Oh yeah that makes a lot of sense. Let's not resign our best WR. One of the best in the league still and one of the top two NFL reception makers for FOUR of the last FIVE seasons because  your heart can't take the thought of bad memories or rerun visuals of failed plays of the past.

OK got it, makes sense. Not.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

[QUOTE]Only sign if Wes Buckner takes 1mil per year
    Posted by wasecl[/QUOTE]

Reading many of your posts you are very angry........

The loss was a result of many TEAM mistakes.......

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from wasecl. Show wasecl's posts

In response to "Re: I love ya Wes - but please dont resign with Pats": [QUOTE]In Response to Re: I love ya Wes - but please dont resign with Pats : Reading many of your posts you are very angry........ The loss was a result of many TEAM mistakes....... Posted by Rocky[/QUOTE] Yes Rocky, I'm in the anger stage of grief...some day acceptance will hit :)

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pancakespwn. Show Pancakespwn's posts

That throw and catch was talked about all day.

I love Wes and I love Tom but at the end of the day that play comes down onto Wes shoulders. The throw couldn't be caught unless thrown fantastic and Hernandez was open underneath (wouldn't have gotten the first but with 2nd and 11 getting a 3rd and 3 and chewing more clock would have been a lot better) Tom decicded to throw it. It hit Wes back shoulder and he lost control of it. He had it lol he just mis timed it. 

Hes made that play countless times from 2007 against the Colts in their old stadium to just two weeks ago on Webb to get key first downs. Wes I hope gets an extension because really he deserves one. It sucks that hes one of the goats of the game but knowing this dude hes going to keep fighting and one day get that long waited ring. 

Franchise tag and then extension. Hopefully this doens't drag out until camp. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

[QUOTE]In response to "Re: I love ya Wes - but please dont resign with Pats": Yes Rocky, I'm in the anger stage of grief...some day acceptance will hit :)
    Posted by wasecl[/QUOTE]

Seven Stages of Grief

• A grieving person passes through seven stages  They may occur in any order, and some stages may occur simultaneously. 

They are: 

1) shock and denial, an attempt to avoid pain by denying the loss in the Super Bowl; 

2) pain and guilt, a period of devastating pain and feelings that life is chaotic and football is over until training camp; 

3) anger and bargaining, including emotional outbursts that can permanently damage relationships and attempts to bargain with a higher power for relief from the emotional pain;  (i.e. Welker is the reason the Patriots lost the Super Bowl and nobody else played a part in the loss)

4) depression and loneliness, or a period of reflection during which the person realizes the full impact of the loss (the Patriots lost another Super Bowl and it does not matter the success they have had as a franchise over the past 10+ years and you are still wearing the Seymour jersey you wore during the Super Bowl)

5) upward turn, when the person begins to adjust to the loss in the Super Bowl; 

6) reconstruction of life without football........until next season 

7) acceptance and hope. Acceptance does not imply happiness. Instead, the grieving person can now reminisce about the great season the Patriots had. Realizing the Patriots are a young team with a lot of room with the salary cap and a lot of draft picks), but without intense emotional pain.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from wasecl. Show wasecl's posts

In response to "Re: I love ya Wes - but please dont resign with Pats": [QUOTE]In Response to Re: I love ya Wes - but please dont resign with Pats : Seven Stages of Grief A grieving person passes through seven stages  They may occur in any order, and some stages may occur simultaneously.  They are:  1) shock and denial, an attempt to avoid pain by denying the loss in the Super Bowl;  2) pain and guilt, a period of devastating pain and feelings that life is chaotic and football is over until training camp;  3) anger and bargaining, including emotional outbursts that can permanently damage relationships and attempts to bargain with a higher power for relief from the emotional pain;  (i.e. Welker is the reason the Patriots lost the Super Bowl and nobody else played a part in the loss) 4) depression and loneliness, or a period of reflection during which the person realizes the full impact of the loss (the Patriots lost another Super Bowl and it does not matter the success they have had as a franchise over the past 10+ years and you are still wearing the Seymour jersey you wore during the Super Bowl) 5) upward turn, when the person begins to adjust to the loss in the Super Bowl;  6) reconstruction of life without football........until next season  7) acceptance and hope. Acceptance does not imply happiness. Instead, the grieving person can now reminisce about the great season the Patriots had. Realizing the Patriots are a young team with a lot of room with the salary cap and a lot of draft picks), but without intense emotional pain. Posted by Rocky[/QUOTE] Excellent post Rocky. You've moved me to depression.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

[QUOTE]I wonder how many yards Brady could have run on that interception had he not thrown it. I'm guessing 20, if not more.
    Posted by pauldeba[/QUOTE]

yeah I agree. At first I thought he had a pretty darn good game, but in reality if you're supposed to be great...you play better than he did. On that very play he could of gotten some yardage with his legs and kept that drive going. It was first down and although he did a great job scrambling to get away from a sure sack - all he had to do was run. In truth the pass was horrific in it's own right - Gronk actually got behind the defender and Brady under threw it...bad pass/ decision. Even the pass to Welker should of been thrown better if you're a great quarterback. The safety was his fault, although he had to move around the pocket a bit too much on that play...and many others.

I'd give the guy a B grade for his performance. He was missing his best target (Gronk) and the outside receivers for this team scare no one, however to win games like this a B is not nearly good enough. If you're supposed to be the best, you need to play like it.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

talk about an overreaction....wes is one of the best pats receivers ever and you just want to let him go? ive said as much as anyone the drop is all on him, but that doesnt change the fact that he is as good a slot receiver as there is in the NFL, not to mention, brady's favorite target/security blanket

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

[QUOTE]In response to "Re: I love ya Wes - but please dont resign with Pats": Excellent post Rocky. You've moved me to depression.
    Posted by wasecl[/QUOTE]

Glad to hear you are moving in the right direction......

I spent today reminiscing about the late 80's and early 90's teams....Think about those teams....It could help!

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to I love ya Wes - but please dont resign with Pats : If u dont want him we'll take him...nicks cruz and welker....wow and they may still re-sign manningham
    Posted by JintsFan[/QUOTE]

Scary....Lets hope (as Patriots fans) that does not happen.....The Patriots need that fast WR....Jackson and Price did not live up to expectations......Slant routes are great...But the Patriots need somebody who can go deep to spread out the D....Of course opening up Welker and Gronk that much more would be a defensive nightmare

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Cloudyandrain. Show Cloudyandrain's posts

no keep welker. need two WRs who can catch the deep ball.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

[QUOTE]no keep welker. need two WRs who can catch the deep ball.
    Posted by Cloudyandrain[/QUOTE]

Pats have like 20 free agents this year.  Expect a lot of changes but Wes won't be one of them.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Cloudyandrain. Show Cloudyandrain's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: I love ya Wes - but please dont resign with Pats : Pats have like 20 free agents this year.  Expect a lot of changes but Wes won't be one of them.
    Posted by pezz4pats[/QUOTE]

I am afraid that you are right. Bye bye Wes. Belichick will do this for the team and winning SB.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoveTheBruins. Show LoveTheBruins's posts

In Response to I love ya Wes - but please dont resign with Pats:
    [QUOTE]Simply because in the next 3 years you will MAKE that same catch 15-20 times....Each time you make a similar catch you know the networks will rerun your drop to bring back the painful memory of last nights championship that you lost for us.....
    Posted by ccsjl[/QUOTE]

a 2002 quote to make you feel better? hahahahahaha

Sections
Shortcuts