I must disagree

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsRfineIn09. Show PatsRfineIn09's posts

I must disagree

NaPolian spins it way off base.

"I thought we had made it very plain that 16-0 was not a goal for us," Polian said. "What we’ve said, it seems, repeatedly, since Halloween almost, was that 16-0, we did not feel was a historic achievement. What was important to us, and what we tried very hard to do, coming off a short week against Jacksonville, after we had wrapped up the home-field advantage, was to set two records. One was for the most consecutive regular-season games won.

"We were tied with New England for that, and now we have it for ourselves, and secondly, for the most games won this decade, and I don’t believe anyone can catch us now no matter what happens this week. We felt those were both extremely historical milestones that were worth going out there and risking everything for."

He missed a vital word or 2, most REGULAR SEASON games won this decade, funny how his playoff ineptness is wiped from the equation, that's a real historical milestone there bubba but 14-3 and 7-8 SHOULD BE CRUCIAL in determining decade wins not thrown away because it conveniently puts you ahead and not behind, what a freaking fool.

Thoughts?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from tmot1234. Show tmot1234's posts

Re: I must disagree

All his comments make it sound like he doesn't even care about the playoffs...lol. Usually it's the other way around!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccsjl. Show ccsjl's posts

How bout PLAYOFF wins this decade... Pats have 14....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from IndianaPatsFan. Show IndianaPatsFan's posts

Polian is full of it. So let me get this straight: you were TRYING to break two records and NOT TRYING to break another? It must be nice to lay goals out after the fact instead ahead of time.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wizardsjag. Show Wizardsjag's posts

Really how many times do you here people talking about regular season games from 10-20 years ago? Then how many times do you here people talking about playoff games in that same time frame. I remember the playoff games much more than the regular season games.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikeopielowski. Show mikeopielowski's posts

<<<<<He missed a vital word or 2, most REGULAR SEASON games won this decade, funny how his playoff ineptness is wiped from the equation, that's a real historical milestone there bubba but 14-3 and 7-8 SHOULD BE CRUCIAL in determining decade wins not thrown away because it conveniently puts you ahead and not behind, what a freaking fool.

Thoughts? />>>>>>>>>>>

His comments sound a lot like our favorite old Red Sox GM, who after watching the Red Sox finish behind the Yankees once again stated "The Red Sox spent the most days in first place" or something very similar to that. I am sure many here will remember that one.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jedinate. Show jedinate's posts

Excuse me, but am I mistaken in the assumption that the reason the Colts threw that last game was so they would have a better chance at winning the Super Bowl (Also known as, in New England, the only win that really matters).

SO BILL!!! YOU JUST SACRIFICED A PRECIOUS REGULAR SEASON VICTORY (your most amazing record!!!!)  FOR AN ALMOST MEANINGLESS, POST SEASON WIN, IN THE SUPERBOWL?

And exactly how is it, that the most consectutive meaningless wins, during the regular season, is an amazing record, BUT an undefeated season, including a Super Bowl victory, is not something to aspire to?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Wow, Polian REALLY thinks it is a valuable record to have, that being winning the most "regular" season games in this decade.  How about which team won the most GAMES period!!  Except for the pre-season, all games a team plays is important.  Regular season to get to the post season, then the post season for the SB championship.  Polian has basically dissed the importance of "PLAYOFF VICTORIES" and they don't count in his mind as part of the total victories count!! AMAZING!!  As it stands now, no team can match the Pats this decade for total victories!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jedinate. Show jedinate's posts

The master of "whatever works at that moment."

If I were a reporter in Indianapolis, I would ask Bill P. just what I've said before.

ME: "Exactly how is it, that the most consecutive meaningless wins, during the
    regular season, is an amazing record ?"

Bill : "This was a historical milestone we thought was worth going out there and risking everything for"

ME: "BUT an undefeated season,
    including a SB victory, is not something to aspire to?"

Bill: "I thought we had made it very plain that 16-0 was not a goal for us"

FYI, the questions are fake, the answers are not. 'nuff said...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikeopielowski. Show mikeopielowski's posts

Pats vs Colts & all the Brady vs Manning stuff for the decade is just a media created hype. Look at the reality.

The Pats and Colts won an almost identical amount of regular season games over the decade and are also #1 & 2 in the longest regular season winning steaks. Based on this, we can assume the teams should have shared almost identical overall success. But, it is just not true. The regular season is nothing more than a weeding out process of the weaker teams for that season to establish what teams will play in a sudden death tournament for the championship. If you lose, you are out.

The Pats dominate in Championships, Super Bowl appearances and overall playoff record, despite trailing in total regular season wins and regular season winning streak totals. You will rarely, if ever, see Brady's win/loss record in the playoffs side by side with Mannings on TV.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Who had the most regular season wins in the 90's?  I honestly don't know, I'm sure a lot of people don't.  Cowboys, 49ers, Packers, Bills?  If it mattered everyone would know.  Who has ever gone undefeated? everybody knows the answer.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Polian is a complete DUMBAZZ, who cares about most regular season wins in a decade. LOL

hey buddy how winning some super bowls, or better yet some playoff games

it wasn't thier goal to be 16-0. LOL. What about the fans you screwed over

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

It occurs to me that in all this brouhaha over Colts management quitting on its coaches, players and fans, no one has mentioned how the Pats just steamrolled a team the Colts barely squeaked by. For all their wonderful regular season records that Polian seems to be so proud of, he seems to be forgetting that the whole point of the regular season is to prepare your team for the tournament. This strategy the Colts regularly employ of resting their stars in meaningless games at the end of the season has never, EVER, worked.

This is all just spin.

The Colts thought they could hold off Green New Jersey with their scrubs and it turned out they couldn't. Once the decision is made to quit, you can't then put your starters back in, because then the whole world knows that you really did want to win, but you got cocky and pulled up before the finish line.

Pure and simple, anything that comes out of Polian's mouth in defense of this idiocy is either him deluding himself or outright bullsh*t.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostatewarrior. Show bostatewarrior's posts

Pats have the most consecutive wins.
          Colts have most consecutive wins if you exclude playoff losses.

Pats have most wins this decade.
          Colts have most wins if playoff wins aren't worth mentioning. 

Oh, since Polian thinks the regular season is important, the Pats are the only team to have a 16-0 reg. season -evah

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from csylvia79. Show csylvia79's posts

"" Pats have the most consecutive wins.
          Colts have most consecutive wins if you exclude playoff losses.

Pats have most wins this decade.
          Colts have most wins if playoff wins aren't worth mentioning. 

Oh, since Polian thinks the regular season is important, the Pats are the only team to have a 16-0 reg. season -evah ""

what he said!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from csylvia79. Show csylvia79's posts

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AncwwYD8If30HClydeOn1OhDubYF?slug=cr-inconvenienttruths123009&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

good report by Charles Robinson