I need some reassurance

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from vertigho. Show vertigho's posts

I need some reassurance

Can someone please give me some peace of mind. 

I'm hearing all about Brady's struggles in the playoffs in the second half of his career, and I've seen the comparisons of Samuel's drop to the Buckner error, and a curse on Boston.

Can someone please reassure me and clear my mind of these negative thoughts.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Re: I need some reassurance

MHK......

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

In Response to I need some reassurance:
    Can someone please give me some peace of mind.  I'm hearing all about Brady's struggles in the playoffs in the second half of his career, and I've seen the comparisons of Samuel's drops to the Buckner error, and a curse on Boston. Can someone please reassure me and clear my mind of these negative thoughts.
    Posted by vertigho

Relax, dude.

It will be a tough-fought game, but the Patriots are the better team, are more focused, and more determined. They will make you, and all of us, proud today.

Pats 31, Giants 21

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

Vertigho you don't need any reassurance.

You have watched every minute of every game this season but the talking heads have not.

You have seen this defense come together at the right time, against Denver and Baltimore, to get to this game.

You have not seen Brady have two bad games in a row.

You have listened to the Giants players run their mouths and you know how that motivates our Patriots.

You don't believe in curses. That is just plain silly.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dustcover. Show dustcover's posts

Can someone please give me some peace of mind.  I'm hearing all about Brady's struggles in the playoffs in the second half of his career, and I've seen the comparisons of Samuel's drop to the Buckner error, and a curse on Boston. Can someone please reassure me and clear my mind of these negative thoughts.
    Posted by vertigho

The Patriot players and coaches, to a man, will do their absolute best, singularly and collectively, to win this game.  What more could we ask for.

That's reassurance enough for me, regardless of the outcome.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Don't worry my friend, won't be long now......

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from chuchos. Show chuchos's posts

You are good enough.  You are smart enough, and gosh darn it, people like you.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from irishfanatic. Show irishfanatic's posts

Can someone please give me some peace of mind.  I'm hearing all about Brady's struggles in the playoffs in the second half of his career, and I've seen the comparisons of Samuel's drop to the Buckner error, and a curse on Boston. Can someone please reassure me and clear my mind of these negative thoughts.
    Posted by vertigho

Take deep breathes and stay away from heights.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatFanInBA2. Show PatFanInBA2's posts

Posted by vertigho

We are not losing to a team from the southern suburb of Boston - not today !

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

With 1st 21 years in Maine & last 45 in SF, I am a Boston teams fan first but also a local team fan. I was at SF-NY game.  Alex Smith is not 1/2 the QB of Green Bay & New Orleans and not 1/4 the quarterback of Brady. Without a fluke bounce hitting the receiver's knee, a fumble by same receiver in OT, a non call fumble as Giant back was called forward progress stopped while he was still upright with 2 min to go and 2 times 49ers colliding to prevent interceptions, the Giants would not have gotten their only 10 points in 2nd half and OT. Manning was hit 21 times & sacked 6 times. The Giants punted 10 times in 2nd half. If Giant fans didn't say "whew we were lucky to win that game", then they are not objective football fans.

Common Brady, a Joe Montana lover, and California Boy from Santa Clara, get revenge for SB loss...again Giants lucky with Manning who should have been called for in the grasp getting off the 1 in 1 mil pass that wasn't dropped and also for SF's gift wrapped win 2 weeks ago.

Here's one Giant fan below real worried !!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brady2Moss07. Show Brady2Moss07's posts

Don't listen to the self proclaimed experts. Everyone is sleeping on the Pats.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ender587. Show Ender587's posts

Everyone slept on the Giants the last time we met them in the Superbowl.  The Pats play better ball when they are the underdogs. 24 - 17 Pats

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

LOL, pre-game show Hines Ward tried talking about the "31st ranked defense" and Costas FINALLY said "hey, that was in yards allowed, in points allowed they did better than the Giants"  and Ward just glided right over THAT part.  People hate the Pats because they win.  I'm stunned by all the anti-patriot whiplash, particularly here in Eagle country where you would think everyone wants the Giants to lose, but they are still mad about SB 39.  SKRUE THEM ALL.  Opinions don't win games.  It will be so much sweeter when all those people are wrong.  The Giants needed Asante Samuel, blind refs, and a miracle catch to win SB42.  They will need all those things again to win it today.  Think they can get all that?  I DO NOT.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from agill1970. Show agill1970's posts

Pats always play big when their backs are up against the wall and everyone doubts them.  Giants players are talking like they already won this game, as well as most of the talking heads out there.  Pats historically eat that stuff up and use it as fuel. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from PuPirate. Show PuPirate's posts

Need reassurance??? watch GRONK explode on his patern at 6:48 during the Brady fluke intoe...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BprizcvsWaM

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ytsejamer1. Show Ytsejamer1's posts

One thing that kind of makes me lean in the Pats direction is their character...all season long, they've done themselves proud.  While they don't make every play or may not be as talented at every position...those kids get after it and I think we've seen them develop as a team.  They should be proud, and us, even moreso.

I haven't seen much character from the Giants this year...half the team was complaining about contracts, wanting to quit on their team, having mental lapses against inferior opponents, etc.  While they are a solid and talented team with every right in the world to be in the big game...I haven't seen enough of their good qualities this year.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

Posted by vertigho

Just watched interview with Manning's parents and Mrs. Manning said after so many sacks by 49ers that she wanted to wave the white flag and say we don't need to go to the Super Bowl. Hope the game plan is not to worry so much about the run and even gamble & blitz because Eli does not like to be sacked and rather than losing a few yards he'll toss ball up for grabs. In SF game he did so and, unfortunately for this SF fan, 2 defenders twice collided preventing interceptions.

NY needs to pass to win so let's get him a few times as SF did !!!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from DonHa. Show DonHa's posts

The Gints have beaten us the last 3x, there WILL NOT be a forth time. relax and enjoy.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

Posted by vertigho

I'll try to help out by offerin' you some piece of mind here...

/>IF NE wins, then rest assured, because then you'll know that what you had hoped was the fair & sensible cosmic order by which you had always thought and trully prayed that The Entire Cosmos adhered to- IS...in fact, true.  You'll know for certain & thus trully believe that the following qualities rule the systematic designed order of The Universe (or "-verses", or at least "Our universe"):  Fairness, Equality, Equilibrium & Balance, Righteousness, The ability to maintain Balance (like righting a ship, so to say...i.e. "it can fix/correct itself"), Justice, ALL orders inherant in several Karmic qualities (positive work, positive beliefs, smaller selfish hubris, and lower hubris)- Rule out over loud, egotistical, and unjust success ("unjust success" ONLY in a 1-1 comparative equation), let's see-oh, Honor & hommage, the meek triumphing over the the city/the corporate/the power center & structure, and those which they themselves, favor---

Yup, NE Wins this Superbowl, And YOU'LL know unconditionally and for certain, THAT these qualities triumph in making ALL and everything within the Cosmos, as balanced, fair, just and righteous....

But IF NE doesn't win...then none of these things exist whatsoever, and life's pointless, hopeless, unfair, and there's nuthin' ya can do about it...b/c no greater power than a few lowly men, believe that these things matter.  8^)
    ~SEE?  There's somethin' to no doubt, calm you down, right? 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

No pressure.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from gr82bme. Show gr82bme's posts

Here's some:  we have the best QB of this era.  Despite a season-long mindset to the contrary, our running game will wear down the might Jints D-line.  Our hurry-up offense will keep them running the entire game.  Eventually, they'll give up big plays.  Our punter and FG kicker are better than theirs.  Our D, while suspect, isn't appreciably worse than theirs.  Our coach is the best coach in the history of this game.  Our fans are the best.  Our will is stronger.  This game figures, by all reasonable statistics to be close.  I think will win handily, but it will take until the 4th quarter to do so.  Our O-line isn't made up of a bunch of slouches - they'll press the protection schemes and TB will overcome a shaky start and eventually pick the Jints secondary to pieces.  And finally, we'll win 28-17, led by a huge play on special teams.  Yes, I'm drunk already - LOL :).

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from EASON11. Show EASON11's posts

I just cleared my down stairs man cave.....just me and my dogs.........BRING IT HOME THOMAS EDWARD BRADY

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

In Response to Re: I need some reassurance:
    One thing that kind of makes me lean in the Pats direction is their character...all season long, they've done themselves proud.  While they don't make every play or may not be as talented at every position...those kids get after it and I think we've seen them develop as a team.  They should be proud, and us, even moreso. I haven't seen much character from the Giants this year...half the team was complaining about contracts, wanting to quit on their team, having mental lapses against inferior opponents, etc.  While they are a solid and talented team with every right in the world to be in the big game...I haven't seen enough of their good qualities this year.
    Posted by Ytsejamer1

+1.

This will be the difference in the game.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

Now is not the time to panic!!!  Tom Brady promised all of us a better game this week. I'd tend to believe the greatest, winningest QB in history at this point!!! Now, do a shot of Petrone Silver and enjoy the game, MHK......MHK......MHK.....MHK!!!!!!!!!

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts