I now HATE this DRAFT!!!!!!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from patriots1a2. Show patriots1a2's posts

I now HATE this DRAFT!!!!!!!

As a fan I hate this draft!!!!!!!!! I can care less about trading into next year. Our D will again be the worst 3RD down D once again!!!!!! I like the OT and I like the CB but this RB then trade to the third! SAME TEAM NEXT YR!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman2. Show Patsman2's posts

Re: I now HATE this DRAFT!!!!!!!

/signed and agree

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duffie33. Show Duffie33's posts

I never want to hear that the Pats are in great shape with 6 picks in first 3 rounds cuz they dont use them - so who cares how many they have. 

Then it is almost like they need to say hey we know more than everyone else and we will prove it by taking players who would still be there in rounds 4 and 5 just to show you.

Anyone reall think Solder wasnt gonna be there at pick 28
    we pick a CB to start second round, the pick the 9th rated RB - he would have def still been around by round 3/4.  Then we trade  out for a 3rd round and 5th round - guess that is where the game changing LBs are.

Yes there is FA adn I hope that is where they make a splash because I have not seen anything that will help us next year.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

In Response to Re: I now HATE this DRAFT!!!!!!!:
    [QUOTE]I never want to hear that the Pats are in great shape with 6 picks in first 3 rounds cuz they dont use them - so who cares how many they have.  Then it is almost like they need to say hey we know more than everyone else and we will prove it by taking players who would still be there in rounds 4 and 5 just to show you. Anyone reall think Solder wasnt gonna be there at pick 28 we pick a CB to start second round, the pick the 9th rated RB - he would have def still been around by round 3/4.  Then we trade  out for a 3rd round and 5th round - guess that is where the game changing LBs are. Yes there is FA adn I hope that is where they make a splash because I have not seen anything that will help us next year.
    Posted by Duffie33[/QUOTE]

Bedard of Boston Globe said this morning that had the Patriots not selected Solder, the Giants were ready to take him at 19.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In Response to Re: I now HATE this DRAFT!!!!!!!:
    [QUOTE]I never want to hear that the Pats are in great shape with 6 picks in first 3 rounds cuz they dont use them - so who cares how many they have.  Then it is almost like they need to say hey we know more than everyone else and we will prove it by taking players who would still be there in rounds 4 and 5 just to show you. Anyone reall think Solder wasnt gonna be there at pick 28 we pick a CB to start second round, the pick the 9th rated RB - he would have def still been around by round 3/4.  Then we trade  out for a 3rd round and 5th round - guess that is where the game changing LBs are. Yes there is FA adn I hope that is where they make a splash because I have not seen anything that will help us next year.
    Posted by Duffie33[/QUOTE]
    Couldn't agree more; they have this "we're smarter than all else" approach to this thing and if you take Tom Brady away, they are average at best. Listen, I know Bill feels he can coach up anyone and he can, but sooner or later it would make sense to pick guys that are higher up the board...they're there for a reason. Why do we always approach the draft as if there are way too many guys not worthy of our selection and all these drafts are weak.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcrossDaPond. Show AcrossDaPond's posts

Is there room on this squad for all those 3rd day picks.  

BIG EFF-ING NO ON THAT...  Where are they going to go?  can you hide multipule 4th and 5th round picks on the practice squad, NO.

WHAT ARE WE DOING????

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from patswirelessfan. Show patswirelessfan's posts

Ok, you pick a running back, You could have had Mark ingram or Mikel Leshoure.  WE pick up another 3rd down back in Vereen???????

I'm so confused

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from fancy-shamanski. Show fancy-shamanski's posts

I partly agree, they have 1 major need.  only 1 major need.  they could have addressed that need multiple times with GOOD players.  they choked.

They don't need another corner or rb nearly as bad as pass rush.  they were bad on 3rd because of the lack of rush.  they need a pass rush.  what don't people understand about this??

they drafted good players, but they don't need them that much with bodden and woodhead.  they surely don't need more late round picks????

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from artielang. Show artielang's posts

i bet yiu feel So much worse now. i know i do!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from freediro. Show freediro's posts

After the Mallet pick, I don't hate the draft but though it got a lot worse.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from patswirelessfan. Show patswirelessfan's posts

I actually like the 2nd running back pick over the 1st one.  At least he adds a different dimension to run the clock down....

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from yakv. Show yakv's posts

the beatles song is the best
    help in need somebody help help !!!

AdamSchefter: 
    Raiders traded their 2012 2nd-rd pick to NE for Patriots' 3rd and 4th this year. So New England now has double 1s and 2s in 2012. Again. [via

the nightmare isn't over yet
    mat millen is back in town

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jedinate. Show jedinate's posts

"I know Bill feels he can coach up anyone and he can" - mthurl

That's such a bizarrely almost true statement. He feels like he can coach any guy familiar with  "his" system, BUT he always passes on much more talented guys (ahem, Clay Matthews) because they don't "fit" his system.

If he can teach Rob Ninkovich the system why couldn't he teach it to Clay Matthews?

Sections
Shortcuts