I present to you the next vollmer!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

I present to you the next vollmer!

I think BB this year will take Jared Veldheer OT (hillsdale) he is a beast in size and speed plus he is very intelligent, a very hardworker, and a leader by example. (Height: 6-8   Weight: 315 40: 4.82) He should be a third round pick at the earliest (projected 3-5th round) but I wouldn't mind if BB took him with our last 2nd round pick.  (Unless we can get an early 3rd round pick for Thomas) I think he could be the next vollmer.  Imagine a pair of OT like vollmer they could be the bookends of our Offensive line. While he needs work on his footwork and would need to adjust to the speed of the NFL i think he and vollmer could help anchor our line for the next 5-10 years.

Overview
    Jared Veldheer is recognized as on the best linemen in Division II - named 1st Team AFCA All-American, 1st Team AP Little All-American and Gene Upshaw finalist. Great student (3.0 GPA Bio) and recognized team leader in the weight room and on the field - his efforts led to Hillsdale's first-ever play-off appearance and first play-off win in 2009. Declined Valero Cactus Bowl invitation to play in Texas vs. The Nation bowl game where he wowed scouts during the week and whom some called 'the best offensive lineman there.'

Strengths

Dominating size and athletic ability at left tackle. 10.125 inch hands and huge frame reminiscent of Jonathan Ogden. Plays to the whistle. Good footwork and blocking mechanics allow him to get to the defender quickly. Frame will allow him to get even bigger. Self-report of 4.87 and 4.94 40 times (summer, '09). Demonstrates good flexibility for such a large body.

Weaknesses

Upright pass-blocker who will need to improve as he faces elite competition. Has been able to dominate on strength alone in D-2; may need some time to adjust to next-level defender's speed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

Re: I present to you the next vollmer!

In Response to I present to you the next vollmer!:
    I think BB this year will take Jared Veldheer OT (hillsdale) he is a beast in size and speed ( Height: 6-8     Weight: 315 40:   4.82 ) He should be a third round pick at the earliest (projected 3-5th round) but I wouldn't mind if BB took him with our last 2nd round pick.  I think he could be the next vollmer. Unless we can get an early 3rd round pick for Thomas.  Imagine a pair of OT like vollmer they could be the bookends of our Offensive line. While he needs work on his footwork and would need to adjust to the speed of the NFL i think he and vollmer could help anchor our line for the next 5-10 years. Overview Jared Veldheer is recognized as on the best linemen in Division II - named 1st Team AFCA All-American, 1st Team AP Little All-American and Gene Upshaw finalist. Great student (3.0 GPA Bio) and recognized team leader in the weight room and on the field - his efforts led to Hillsdale's first-ever play-off appearance and first play-off win in 2009. Declined Valero Cactus Bowl invitation to play in Texas vs. The Nation bowl game where he wowed scouts during the week and whom some called 'the best offensive lineman there.' Strengths Dominating size and athletic ability at left tackle. 10.125 inch hands and huge frame reminiscent of Jonathan Ogden. Plays to the whistle. Good footwork and blocking mechanics allow him to get to the defender quickly. Frame will allow him to get even bigger. Self-report of 4.87 and 4.94 40 times (summer, '09). Demonstrates good flexibility for such a large body. Weaknesses Upright pass-blocker who will need to improve as he faces elite competition. Has been able to dominate on strength alone in D-2; may need some time to adjust to next-level defender's speed.
    Posted by natesubs

Sweet! You have to love the thought of lining up two guys of that size and speed on either end of the Oline.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Resign Mankins for 4-5 years, get this kid in the 4th if available and in a couple years we'll have a locked down left side and half a locked down right side for years to come. Sounds good to me

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

Dominating Division II is kinda almost like, but not really, an Oxymoron.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Vollmer was a pleasant surprise! I know none of the pundints knew how good he was going to be,as for your pick for this year choice at OT Jard Veldheer sounds good but I think I'll wait until he gets the BB seal of approval...My guess is that BB and the patriots will draft one of the many top tier Tackles who will be in this draft if they don't just concentrate on the Guard position,especially with Iupati and Ducasse projected to be available in the same area that the Patriots select in the first round,another sleeper guard might be the kid from Texas tech Brandon Carter who held his own against Suh in their game this year.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

I would love nothing more than draft the next Vollmer and have solid bookends for the next 4-6 years. This kid might be perceived as a project because he played division II ball and he could stand to put an extra 15-20 lbs. on that huge frame. Ogden is not really a fair comparison, he got huge money for being drafted high and he performed at a very high level for a long time. Ogden was obviously a gigh pick that lived up to expectations.

If this guy is rising up draft boards then he becomes a low 2nd round pick (withno 3rd to use). Well worth it if he indeed is another Vollmer. And more proof that, if you are a great football player, an NFL team will find you eventually.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

I would be nice to have a whole new front line of Vollmers

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

In Response to Re: I present to you the next vollmer!:
    yea too bad that that player had an article that was published on Yahoo, and EVERYONE knows about him now.  So good job, you found a biased article on yahoo about a football player and you tell us that YOU know what you are talking about.  NO, dont even pretend that you can scout players, you just read a damn article, anyone can do that, even a jets fan
    Posted by Gulo

Obviously you don't regularly read these boards i have had this guy in my mock drafts for months now (like week 9-10 of the regular season). I found him when he was projected in the 5th round, it just so happens that he has grown more prestigious across the country. don't criticize me unless you know me.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

If you could get good value on him, he'd be a great project pick, but Vollmer was clearly already developed and Vollmer played in Houston's very competitive division ONE program.

Coming from D-2, I think he'd need at least a year to adjust.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

If they draft him it would probably be to play RT. When I think about that position I always think of Kaczur getting pushed by Robert Mathis in the game against the Colts. I would rather have a D2 Deacon Jones than a NFL Nick Kaczur-- Kaczur suks!

Atleast Veldheer won't get pushed around like a little b*tch.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

that is exactly what i was thinking, plus having 2 huge tackles will help our run game and give brady plenty of time to throw. I wouldn't mind getting a big Offensive Guard in the FA/draft but i doubt BB drafts 2 offensive linemen in the same draft unless one is in the 7th round (althogh it is a possibiliy since alot of Offensive linemen's contracts are gonna be up soon).  Having Vollmer, Kazcur, Connelly, mankins, Ohrnberger, Veldeer, Koppen, Bussey, McMahon, Connolly, Wendell, Ingram, Levoir, and Light would be a great O-Line.

so that would make from rt to left:

Veldeer (levoir backing up), Neal (Ohrnberger & FA) ,Koppen (Connolly & Ingram), Mankins (McMahon),Vollmer (light)