I see a huge # of teams that i see going for a QB IN THE DRAFT....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

Re: I see a huge # of teams that i see going for a QB IN THE DRAFT....

In response to mthurl's comment:

There's no way in blue hell Cleveland gives up the 6th pick overall for our selection and Mallet. None. Lombardi would be run out of town if Mallet doesn't turn into a pro bowler overnight - and a guy that has never started an NFL game is not going to do that.

The only thing we have working in our favor on this, is that Washington wasn't afraid to give up the farm to position themselves to select RG3 (and it looks like a great move), however Mallet is no RG3.

There are examples of things like this happening before...Wolfe sending a second to Atlanta for Favre and Pioli sending a second for Cassel, but Favre was a second round pick himself and Cassel started (and played well) for a year, plus we had to throw in Vrabel.

just a rumor, but our rd 1 AND mallet for theirs

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from artielang. Show artielang's posts

In response to jerh5's comment:

In response to artielang's comment:

a 6th round pick for mallett seems way more likely than a #6 pick. what has he ever shown to deserve even a 3rd rounder? he's never looked good in preseason. the only two things he's done here are 1) not get in trouble and 2) lose some weight.

the browns are an awful team and need a few years of rebuilding. they will take the best player on the board and have another top 10 pick next year and hope to get their QB then. that franchise has tried to force way too many QB's in there in recent years.

I think in a situation like this, it really doesn't matter what he has done on the field. For one, he has seen very limited time on the field, and when he has it has been with a bunch of scrubs. If not for the off field issues, he  obviously would have went  alot higher than the 3rd round. By all accounts, he has kept his nose clean since he has been in the league. While I seriously doubt anyone would give up the 6th pick in the draft, I wouldn't be surprised if someone dropped a low first rounder in thier lap.
      I think the bigger question is, what does BB think about him. If he thinks he is a franchise Qb, he may very well keep him on the bench another 3 years.

i just dont see it. matt cassell won 11 games with us and looked like he could be a true franchise QB. we were all sure we were getting a high first rounder for him. and it turned out to be Vrabel and Cassell for a 2nd rounder. i think people are forgetting how highly teams value 1st round picks (despite the bust factor). the buzz and hope that surrounds high picks is enough for teams to value them. what would the fan base do if Mallett was trotted out as a savior? and i do think that those reps in preseason matter....has he ever thrown a single pass that made you notice him? i really dont think the guy has any value right now. i know its fun for us as Pats fans to envision these crazy scenerios but its not realistic.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to ricky12684's comment:

In response to bredbru's comment:

In response to ricky12684's comment:

you're going to be disappointed come draft time bred. lucky if there is 3 selected in the 1st.

same thing was sasi of last eyars draft ricky. experts only considered 2 worthy. we'll see

yeah and this year there are 0 worthy of a 1st round pick. 

wh cares, all that matters to pats is mor epicked in rd 1 the more pciks move down to us :)

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:

There's no way in blue hell Cleveland gives up the 6th pick overall for our selection and Mallet. None. Lombardi would be run out of town if Mallet doesn't turn into a pro bowler overnight - and a guy that has never started an NFL game is not going to do that.

The only thing we have working in our favor on this, is that Washington wasn't afraid to give up the farm to position themselves to select RG3 (and it looks like a great move), however Mallet is no RG3.

There are examples of things like this happening before...Wolfe sending a second to Atlanta for Favre and Pioli sending a second for Cassel, but Favre was a second round pick himself and Cassel started (and played well) for a year, plus we had to throw in Vrabel.

yeah i think so too. Cleveland wouldn't give up any more than maybe a 3rd round pick for Mallet. 6th overall? No way.

Sections
Shortcuts