I see Meriweather to the Jets happening.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

I see Meriweather to the Jets happening.

Rex likes these type of reckless players and I see it as a good fit for both the Jets and Meriweather.  I see this being a done deal by the end of tomorrow.

Discuss!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Re: I see Meriweather to the Jets happening.

That would be GREAT!!!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from adam4522. Show adam4522's posts

miami might claim him...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ssmilloy36. Show ssmilloy36's posts

jets, redskins, eagles.  those teams operate with unlimited cap so why not.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kjfitone. Show kjfitone's posts

he wont last out there very long and the jets would probably be among the first to call on him. brady would pick him apart just like ryan clarke and the rest of them.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Most NFL players are cut because they get injured on the field.  Sometimes it happens to a linebacker on the first day of rookie camp, and sometimes it happens 10 years down the road.  We can't tell who is injured, especially when listening to BB's descriptions. 

In Meriweather's case, I think that he was dinged.  His mind may work mostly ok but it doesn't work perfectly.

I'm sure that someone else will invite him in for a few weeks, just to see why BB released him.  Meriweather has a first round contract and would love to pick up a few extra hundred grand even on a tryout elsewhere, or he might even stick with a team, but I doubt it.  What BB loves about Meriweather, his willingness to be highly aggressive, isn't what most coaches see in a safety.  They will ask, is he too slow, is he messing up on his assignments...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZekeMowatt. Show ZekeMowatt's posts

I to see him being a Jet.  Not a goood move

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from myaim45. Show myaim45's posts

Look, he can sign with whomever he wants, if we play him twice, once, or not at all doesn't really matter. BB felt that his team was better without Meriweather, and I'm sure if we play against him, BB will have a gameplan for him. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ejusox21. Show ejusox21's posts

BB should have settled for ANY compensation for him. To cut him and get nothing? Forget the value factor or a 6th or 7th round pick in a future draft that BB could have received. I am more concerned about him signing with any team in the AFC East (Jets/Fins worst case!). At least BB could have dictated where he went. I really hope this does not play out like I think it will. But, in BB I do trust. So stay tuned...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4Adam13. Show 4Adam13's posts

In Response to Re: I see Meriweather to the Jets happening.:
    BB should have settled for ANY compensation for him. To cut him and get nothing? Forget the value factor or a 6th or 7th round pick in a future draft that BB could have received. I am more concerned about him signing with any team in the AFC East (Jets/Fins worst case!). At least BB could have dictated where he went. I really hope this does not play out like I think it will. But, in BB I do trust. So stay tuned...
    Posted by ejusox21

Read the reports out there. They tried unloading him...no one wanted him. You really think BB wouldn't try to make a trade if it was feasible? LOL

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

And Brady would make him bite so hard on a fake it would be sad, and Slater would be what Tate never was and catch a bomb for a 60 yard TD!

You see what I did there?

Let's be optimistic....   :)

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from rickrand3. Show rickrand3's posts

doesn't McCheaters kill the Patriots fpr picking up ex Jets? Intersted in getting his thoughts about Big Bang to Gang Green? How many times does McCheaters say the Patriots pick up ex Jets?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

So who they drop to make room for a dud?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ejusox21. Show ejusox21's posts

In Response to Re: I see Meriweather to the Jets happening. : Read the reports out there. They tried unloading him...no one wanted him. You really think BB wouldn't try to make a trade if it was feasible? LOL
    Posted by 4Adam13

I did read reports that said he was on the block. I guess I just find it hard to believe that no team in the NFC or other AFC divisions would not want him for a 6th, 7th pick in a future draft. Like I said, I do trust in BB. But if Meriweather signs within the division, I will be head scratching. I still believe that he is a good/solid player

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjoseph. Show nyjoseph's posts

I don't.

This is the same stuff we heard about Moss last year. 

BM is not an upgrade for the Jets.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from rayclay. Show rayclay's posts

How do the Jets get a pick for Lowrey and we can't get a thing for Meriweather?  Wasn't Lowrey a high round pick?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

How do the Jets get a pick for Lowrey and we can't get a thing for Meriweather?  Wasn't Lowrey a high round pick?
    Posted by rayclay

No. Lowery was a 4th round selection. He made less money than Meriweather...which could explain why the Pats weren't able to get anything for him. Now, I can see Meriweather signing a one year, incentive laden deal with the Jets or the Dolphins.  

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

Again, the Jets are SET at the safety position. It's one of their strengths. Why would THEY of all teams get Brandon? And for the life of me, I hope nobody says, 'to get clues to Belichick's defense.'

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from pats-fan-2007. Show pats-fan-2007's posts

*YAWN* @ Merriweather

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Peppermania. Show Peppermania's posts

In Response to I see Meriweather to the Jets happening.:
    Rex likes these type of reckless players and I see it as a good fit for both the Jets and Meriweather.  I see this being a done deal by the end of tomorrow. Discuss!
    Posted by BradyMossFan

Honestly, who cares?  Are you spooked by this, please.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

I see idiots posting here until after next Monday night. 
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing

Your monitor must be polished to a mirror finish.

I guess I should respect the fact that your defending the Big Bust Clock in the face of all reason, logic and fact...but I don't.

I HOPE he goes to the NYJ. BUt the fact is they have at least 2 safeties better than him right now. Meriweather is just not that good, I can't think of one of his INTs that wasn't overthrown right into his chest. He made only one good play I can think of all last year, when he ran down a RB from behind...and boy, did he celebrate like he just made a Super Bowl saving tackle. What a clown, it won't happen, but he belongs on the Jets.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from dastardly. Show dastardly's posts

If this guy won't listen to BB, how on earth do you figure he'd listen to the big fat slob.

Sections
Shortcuts