I support Bill and His call. Here are the correct resposes from the press

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from gmbill. Show gmbill's posts

I support Bill and His call. Here are the correct resposes from the press

I would not have made the call, but I am not Bill. I do not have the experience and the wins to back it up. Bill went for it and history is made. Here are the better responses on why he would do it every time.

"Since 2000 when Belichick has faced the Colts, on fourth down he has gone for it 12 times during the regular season and gotten in eight times. During the postseason he's gone for it four times and gotten it all four times against the Colts. The reason why I don't have a problem with it is that you go into the game with a philosophy, and he plays this game, Colts-Pats, like a playoff game. And he plays this situation out like a playoff game." --
    Cris Carter, on ESPN Radio's "Mike and Mike" show

"I like the swagger of a head coach who believes in his personnel. I'll take that swagger of a coach any day." -- Deion Sanders, on the NFL Network's "NFL GameDay Final"

"It's a gutsy call. I couldn't have done it. . . . I think what happens there in that situation is you really feel your defense can't stand up, and the way Peyton Manning was playing at that point and the Colts were getting hot I think that's what he felt and he felt he had a better chance to make it than not make it. I'm not going to argue with his decision." --
    Mike Ditka, on ESPN Radio's "Mike and Mike" show

The rest of the comments I read and the writers - including Teddy and Rodney. (Man they have gotten so smart since they left). How many games have the coached between them? Oh yeah, NONE.

For me I will go with Bill and his best guess every time

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from southernpat. Show southernpat's posts

Re: I support Bill and His call. Here are the correct resposes from the press

BB made the call and it didn't work.  Next up the Jets and the start of a new winning streak.  Move on, Pats fans. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from gmbill. Show gmbill's posts

In Response to Re: I support Bill and His call. Here are the correct resposes from the press:
    BB made the call and it didn't work.  Next up the Jets and the start of a new winning streak.  Move on, Pats fans. 
    Posted by southernpat

Amen, next week looks good and we have Leon back...what else could we ask for?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TOGAH-2009. Show TOGAH-2009's posts

Colts defensive players have a name for what he did: arrogance.  You can't disrespect the Colts defense like that and not pay.  LOL

I'm so glad that everyone got to see the frauds that you call the New England Patriots.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from gmbill. Show gmbill's posts

In Response to Re: I support Bill and His call. Here are the correct resposes from the press:
    This game will go down in the History books as "BB's Blunder"in the chapter on when to punt and when to go for it. He should have punted-any coach worth anything knows that. Keep drinking that Bb Kool Aid new England.Can you imagine what will be going in here next week after the Jets beat up the lowly pats .....again!?
    Posted by BBSayitAintSo

Leon

man you gotta stop just cutting pasteing the same lame responses on these posts.. it makes the jets look bad...ha. ha  sorry, everything makes the jets look bad....

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from gmbill. Show gmbill's posts

This game will go down in the History books as "BB's Blunder"in the chapter on when to punt and when to go for it. He should have punted-any coach worth anything knows that. Keep drinking that Bb Kool Aid new England.Can you imagine what will be going in here next week after the Jets beat up the lowly pats .....again!?
    Posted by BBSayitAintSo

This one is for you Leon

The Jets have lost five of their last six games, and are starting to lose staff members as well.

The New York Daily News reports that defensive line coach Kerry Locklin has
    left the team for personal reasons.  Rich Cimini writes that Rex Ryan had a disagreement with Locklin, but isn't sure about the specifics yet. 

The decision for Locklin to leave is reportedly mutual.  The two coached together as far back as 1990-1993 with Morehead State. 

3 Responses to "Jets defensive line coach leaves team"
    1. Bill.Polian says: November 16, 2009 6:32 PM

Fat Rex is running off his coaches now instead of accepting blame for being a horrible coach. He will throw everyone on that team and coaching staff under the bus before he will accept responsibility.

2. GratefulDawg says: November 16, 2009 6:44 PM

Hmmmm, Newest member of the Browns?

3. schism says: November 16, 2009 6:55 PM

Damn, I really thought Rex was going to dominate this year, he should go back to being a DC, the Ravens miss him.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

WHATS UP GUMBY?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from lawboy. Show lawboy's posts

Did the jets win yesterday?  thought so LOL! where was the great jets D? LOL!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

In Response to I support Bill and His call. Here are the correct resposes from the press:
    I would not have made the call, but I am not Bill. I do not have the experience and the wins to back it up. Bill went for it and history is made. Here are the better responses on why he would do it every time. "Since 2000 when Belichick has faced the Colts, on fourth down he has gone for it 12 times during the regular season and gotten in eight times. During the postseason he's gone for it four times and gotten it all four times against the Colts. The reason why I don't have a problem with it is that you go into the game with a philosophy, and he plays this game, Colts-Pats, like a playoff game. And he plays this situation out like a playoff game." -- Cris Carter, on ESPN Radio's "Mike and Mike" show "I like the swagger of a head coach who believes in his personnel. I'll take that swagger of a coach any day." -- Deion Sanders, on the NFL Network's "NFL GameDay Final" "It's a gutsy call. I couldn't have done it. . . . I think what happens there in that situation is you really feel your defense can't stand up, and the way Peyton Manning was playing at that point and the Colts were getting hot I think that's what he felt and he felt he had a better chance to make it than not make it. I'm not going to argue with his decision." -- Mike Ditka, on ESPN Radio's "Mike and Mike" show The rest of the comments I read and the writers - including Teddy and Rodney. (Man they have gotten so smart since they left). How many games have the coached between them? Oh yeah, NONE. For me I will go with Bill and his best guess every time
    Posted by gmbill

I think most fans are with Bill if you're a true Pats fan. This will make me not watch ESPN for at least a week. Once we kick the $h!t out of the Jets this week all we be forgotten. The media will make a story where there isn't one as usual

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mgolden13. Show mgolden13's posts

Ok, so we can all agree it took a big pair to make a call like this.  If it shocked some of BBs friends, then that is a good thing.  He was thinking outside the box and doing what people would NOT expect him to do.  I can respect that.

He owned up to it.  Said it gave them the best chance to win the game without giving Manning the ball back.  I can live with that.  He carved up what looked like a tired defense to me.  The pass rush was all but gone the last few drives.

My complaint is this though:

1) Pats burned their last 2 timeouts leading up to 4th down.  They shouldn't have had to use the one before first down, that's just bad clock management.  the second time out before 4th down is what it is, but I do have an issue on this in my next point.

2) If you even have the smallest inclination to make this four down territory then you run the ball on 3rd down and make the Colts burn their final timeout.  If you run the ball, and gain 1 yard it sets up a 4th and 1 rather than 4th and 2.  It leaves you the option of sneaking the ball with the QB plus leaves the Pats with a timeout.  If  you lost a yard, you again forced the Colts to burn their last time out, leaving the Pats with one just in case you need to challenge a play or don't like what you see when you get to the line before the play.

3) If your BB you have to tell the defense that any positive play for the Colts has to result in a touchdown.  I know it sounds crazy, but let the Colts score.  Had we not tackled Addai at the goal-line, the Pats would have had the ball back with more than a minute to go.  Had they just let Wayne score on the first play that gained 15 yards, it would have given them about two minutes.  At least give Brady more than 10 seconds to make something happen.  You concede points for another possession. 

4) If not giving the Colts the ball back on a punt did not give the defense the a good chance to win the game, then how in the hell is the ball at the Pats 28 yard line going to give you a better chance at winning the game.  Again, you have to let the Colts score without taking a lot of time off the clock.

I hate the fact the Pats lost.  Especially they way the lost.  They don't usually beat themselves in a game, but they did it last night with the decisions made before and after the 4th down decision. 

You can point the the 4th and 2 call, but I look at how we got to 4th and 2 and how we approached the game after failing to convert the down.  Given nearly 2 minutes, I believe Brady can get the Pats into FG range and Gostkowski can boot the game winner as time runs out.

Some people are throwing some blame at the refs.  I don't think they had too big of a hand in this game as they have in past games.  Although I am not too sure about the holding call on Koppen and the 31 yard pass interference call late in the game, but I would need another look at both those before I pass critical judgment.  I don't believe either of these calls cost the Pats the game.

Blame Maroney for fumbling at the goal line.  Or Brady for misreading the crossing deep safeties on the pick in the end zone if you want to blame somebody.  Blame the events leading up to 4th and 2 and the decision to try and defend a short field vs Manning afterward.  But don't blame the decision to go for it on 4th down.  At least our coach has the sack to go for it in a situation where 99.9% of every coach from high school to the pros would have punted.  I do support the choice, but I am critical of the decisions before and after 4th down.

On that note, I do feel bad for the Jets next week.  They get the Pats after a loss, which we all know usually means a win for the Pats.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from WarriorAssassin. Show WarriorAssassin's posts

They win as a team and lose as a team. From the kicker to the coach.
    As I fan, I may not always agree with that is called on the field. But that's why I'm a fan and not a coach.

Sections
Shortcuts