I sure would like to see Brenden Tate alternate with Sam Aikens a little more

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from flip781. Show flip781's posts

I sure would like to see Brenden Tate alternate with Sam Aikens a little more

I understand Tate is a rookie and isn't that familiar with all the offensive  plays but he looks like he has great speed,gets off the initial defensive contact  ok and I just know he can contribute if given the oppurtunity...It just seems that it's Welker or Moss and occasionally Ben Watson .......I just feel we need another long ball threat to further stretch the defenses.....

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from artielang. Show artielang's posts

Re: I sure would like to see Brenden Tate alternate with Sam Aikens a little more

did tate get injured in the first half? i saw him reach for his knee after getting tackled by the sidelines and didnt see him again the rest of the game.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Maz. Show Maz's posts

Re: I sure would like to see Brenden Tate alternate with Sam Aikens a little more

I think Tate will get more time as he catches up with the others.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MaritimePatsFan. Show MaritimePatsFan's posts

I was surprised by how many people had a Brandon Tate b0ner by week 5. I mean how much should we really expect him to contribute. Rookie reciever learning a tough system coming off a serious injury. I figure if he catches 10 passes by the end of the season then he has done what we should expect. What's wrong with Moss and Welker catching 80% of the passes. As long as the chains are moving then its good. The chains seem to be moving.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

In Response to I sure would like to see Brenden Tate alternate with Sam Aikens a little more:
    I understand Tate is a rookie and isn't that familiar with all the offensive  plays but he looks like he has great speed,gets off the initial defensive contact  ok and I just know he can contribute if given the oppurtunity...It just seems that it's Welker or Moss and occasionally Ben Watson .......I just feel we need another long ball threat to further stretch the defenses.....
    Posted by flip781

I'm with you Flip. Sam Aiken is a practice squad player and it was obvious today.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pyegian. Show pyegian's posts

In Response to Re: I sure would like to see Brenden Tate alternate with Sam Aikens a little more:
    In Response to I sure would like to see Brenden Tate alternate with Sam Aikens a little more :  I'm with you Flip. Sam Aiken is a practice squad player and it was obvious today.
    Posted by ewhite1065

One of the best special teams players in the NFL is a "practice squad player"?  Nice logic.

Aiken isn't a great receiver but he isn't terrible.  He is better suited to being on the field as a 4th or 5th option rather than 3rd, but he would make every roster in the NFL and contribute as a main special teams player.  Calling him a practice squad player is just dumb.  He's the captain for crying out loud.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

In Response to Re: I sure would like to see Brenden Tate alternate with Sam Aikens a little more:
    In Response to Re: I sure would like to see Brenden Tate alternate with Sam Aikens a little more : One of the best special teams players in the NFL is a "practice squad player"?  Nice logic. Aiken isn't a great receiver but he isn't terrible.  He is better suited to being on the field as a 4th or 5th option rather than 3rd, but he would make every roster in the NFL and contribute as a main special teams player.  Calling him a practice squad player is just dumb.  He's the captain for crying out loud.
    Posted by pyegian

Yeah..As a wide receiver he is a practice squad player.He's been in the league 7 years and has 34 receptions. I not complaining about his special teams play I would rather see 2 tight ends split out than use him as a receiver though. That's what I'm saying and his WR ability was the topic of the thread.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

Aiken picked up two long P/I calls on plays in which he would probably had big receptions, maybe TDs, if not interferred.  And he still nearly hauled in one of those passes.  Those plays do not show on stats.  I was happy with his game today.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from crasian. Show crasian's posts

In Response to I sure would like to see Brenden Tate alternate with Sam Aikens a little more:
    Posted by flip781

I think that will happen a little more. They are pretty high on Aiken because of his size and speed. He's considered the best blocking WR on the team. Tate will get his chance. This is only his second week being on the active list. He has too much upside not to.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from K-max. Show K-max's posts

did tate get injured in the first half? i saw him reach for his knee after getting tackled by the sidelines and didnt see him again the rest of the game.
    Posted by artielang

You are correct artie.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from msteven. Show msteven's posts

Tate was injured in the first half.  He needs time to get up to speed.
    Aiken played well

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlemaslow. Show seattlemaslow's posts

Before today Aiken had the longest play of the year for the Pats...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from artielang. Show artielang's posts

In Response to Re: I sure would like to see Brenden Tate alternate with Sam Aikens a little more : You are correct artie.
    Posted by K-max

is there any news about this? i liked what he has brought to the kicking game.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 617AcrossDaBoard. Show 617AcrossDaBoard's posts

Tate has the potential to add to this offense what Stallworth did but those expectations shouldn't come until at least the post /next season with chemistry with the team under his belt...

On the not so bright side of things he can turn out to be another Bethel or Chad Jackson.  Reciever's a hard position to pick up in the NFL.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jason4444444. Show Jason4444444's posts

I agree that Tate has the potential to be a great reciever and return man. (he was better than Nicks before his injury) I am assuming he has been studying the playbook since April but not returning to the field until a few weeks ago means that he can only be in a certain number of plays. I also think that health wise he is fine. Reiss just posted that he was on the excercise bike for most of the game which makes me believe it was not that serious. I am sure that BB will give the media a detailed report of the injury later this week.
    I think that Aiken is doing a great job, he is not a number 1 or 2 reciever but he is big and has speed. With Moss and Welker out there the other reciever position should be a bit easier (Galloway?) but until Edelman is back and Tate sees some more time I think that Aiken is a good stand in. Not to mention a special teams stud.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from flip781. Show flip781's posts

Before today Aiken had the longest play of the year for the Pats...
    Posted by seattlemaslow
      The seattlemaslow...All of the posters understood who I was referring to and gave their opinions regarding the post..
     Even an esshole like you apparently understood the post !! The spelling Bs are
    in your other forum../...... Housewifes Boredom.../.... With that comment reacting to the post regarding Brandon Tate that's where you belong !!!! 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from gmbill. Show gmbill's posts

Posted by flip781

Having what Galloway should have been, "A strong #3 wide out" would be nice. I do not think it is Tate yet. As he gets up to speed, and I hope that it is sooner than later, he will be a great option but right now he has the chance to do more harm than good. One wrong turn, one dropped ball and he will hurt the outcome and become the bad guy.

I think what we are doing, giving him a few reps per game is good to develop his timing and not blow him out. .

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from flip781. Show flip781's posts

In Response to I sure would like to see Brenden Tate alternate with Sam Aikens a little more : Having what Galloway should have been, "A strong #3 wide out" would be nice. I do not think it is Tate yet. As he gets up to speed, and I hope that it is sooner than later, he will be a great option but right now he has the chance to do more harm than good. One wrong turn, one dropped ball and he will hurt the outcome and become the bad guy. I think what we are doing, giving him a few reps per game is good to develop his timing and not blow him out. .
    Posted by gmbill
      gmbill.....  I agree with your analogy to a point which is why I said ALTERNATE him with Aiken......I just believe from his college days he is extremely talented and if we increase his reps and he shows he can perform at this level
     as he did in College he can be a much more productive entity to our offense than Aiken is !!! 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

In Response to Re: I sure would like to see Brenden Tate alternate with Sam Aikens a little more : I agree with your analogy to a point which is why I said ALTERNATE him with Aiken......I just believe from his college days he is extremely talented and if we increase his reps and he shows he can perform at this level  as he did in College he can be a much more productive entity to our offense than Aiken is !!! 
    Posted by flip781

I think the best thing for the Pats is just getting Edleman back. He can be a weapon. When we won our super bowls we didn't have a reliable 3rd wideout deep threat. Troy brown, Givens, patton, Branch. All short to mid level threats. We have Moss to go deep and clear things out. Edleman should be back soon. I hope he is for the Colts game this week. Tate might be hurt anyway. It looked like he came up lame on one play yesterday.

Sections
Shortcuts