I take my hat off to these 12-2 New England Patriots

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ronf. Show ronf's posts

I take my hat off to these 12-2 New England Patriots

I salute the Patriots and their work ethic!  A 12-2 record and each week you hear a different player repeat "DO YOUR JOB! Take a good look guys this is a special organization!

Of the Pats current 53-man roster, 18 were undrafted.

If you’re a coach who wants to find a player to welcome all coaching, perhaps you pick one who has no other option but to listen. Want more effort? Ask a player who’s thrived on nothing but.

Kyle Love saw his most extensive action on Sunday, on the field for roughly half the game.

Love, the rookie defensive lineman from Mississippi State, was almost a regular. He should have been thrilled.

Instead, a day later, he received a text message from his position coach Pepper Johnson.

It hit Love right in the heart.

“You can’t keep playing like this,” Johnson texted Love.

By the next day, he was watching film with Johnson, breaking it down, examining the areas where his effort could have been better. Love vowed to play his role and support his teammates.

“I wasn’t fighting it as hard as I should’ve been,” Love said. “I’m sure you’ll see that out of me this game.”

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from irishfanatic. Show irishfanatic's posts

Re: I take my hat off to these 12-2 New England Patriots

I take my hat off to this organisation so often that I never get to wear it anymore......thankfully. Haven't seen it in over ten years actually.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheCommittee. Show TheCommittee's posts

I heard the following phrase on a radio show a few days back (don't remember which show though), but it describes this team perfectly:

A diamond is nothing more than a lump of coal that does its job.

It's true, especally considering that undrafted free agents/waiver wire/low-key pick-ups all play huge roles on this team. Niether of our top two RB's were drafted, yet their playing well (one of which has a legitimate shot at 1000 yards)! How often do you see that in the NFL?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

Great post, RonF.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

And still some team owners, GMs and coaches still can't figure out the formula, or the blueprint the patriots have  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Tom Brady

without him we are Cleveland.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

Yesterday, here in Dallas, they had a Super Bowl preview show with the local sports guys.  They said that the Pats are basically put together with spit, bubble gum and bailing wire, but that they are the "smartest" and "most talented team" in the NFL.  They both picked them to come to Dallas.
    It's great to see them get some recognition.  They truly are a remarkable team.
    They also said Tom is the MVP.
    Merry Christmas everyone.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ricky1554atl. Show ricky1554atl's posts

Not too bad....for a rebuilding year!!!!!! Just wait till after we're rebuilt!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from danemcmenamin. Show danemcmenamin's posts

Unbelievable really absolutely great. The killer instinct the pure bloody minded determination for the win this team has it and it's being channelled directly from Brady and Belichick. There are so many great sports men but I don't think i've ever seen anyone like Brady where the absolute worst possibility is to under perform and lose. He's a true inspiration and a great reason why Kyle Love feels the way he does 100% for 60 minutes just like Brady

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from danemcmenamin. Show danemcmenamin's posts

A diamond is nothing more than a lump of coal that does its job

Such an amazing quote I think Brady would admit to being the biggest lump of coal of them all he just worked so so hard, look at him now knee surgery and all. I know I sound like i'm in love or somethin but his determination to win and succeed is something else

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SmokingJoe. Show SmokingJoe's posts

I dont agree that the PATS are CLEVELAND without Tom Brady....

Maybe Kansas City, but NOT Cleveland....

My two cents....

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimmytantric. Show jimmytantric's posts

Very impressive coaching by BB. I had the Pats at 11-5 or 10-6, starting the season. Very young team and a brutal schedule. Maybe BBs best coaching year in NE! Hats off to the coaches and players. What an enjoyable and suprising year it has been. I could be a poor Bills fan!!! Four SB losses and celler dwellers in the AFC east for years-I give any Bills fan credit for still showing up to games!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SmokingJoe. Show SmokingJoe's posts

In Response to Re: I take my hat off to these 12-2 New England Patriots:
    Very impressive coaching by BB. I had the Pats at 11-5 or 10-6, starting the season. Very young team and a brutal schedule. Maybe BBs best coaching year in NE! Hats off to the coaches and players. What an enjoyable and suprising year it has been. I could be a poor Bills fan!!! Four SB losses and celler dwellers in the AFC east for years-I give any Bills fan credit for still showing up to games!
    Posted by jimmytantric

I am going to the game on Sunday with my two boys and other friends.  Looking forward to some tail-gate fun, dressing warm and celebrating home field advantage all the way to the SB!  Gooo PATS! As for their record, very, very impressive... TB is in a groove and the young "D" has improved alot since the start of the season.  At the start of the year, I would have been happy with 10-6....

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

In Response to Re: I take my hat off to these 12-2 New England Patriots:
    Tom Brady without him we are Cleveland.
    Posted by tcal2-

Actually, this team has built 2 1/2 good quarterbacks so far.  Seventh rounder Matt Cassel was good enough to slap a $14 million franchise tag on him and then trade him for a bit extra.  I'm guessing that undrafted Brian Hoyer has no backup because he's proven himself to be good.  We just don't know how good.  If Brady wasn't around, either one would probably play far better than anyone in Cleveland.  As a matter of fact Cassel hopes to take a terrible team into the playoffs in two weeks.

Beyond the quarterback is a sound team, with a pretty mobile hole-creating and pass blocking line, with all sorts of good receivers for this kind of weather, with a big fat defensive line that stops an opponent's running game, and with a fast backfield.  Someone or other on the defense put in some hard work to cause those 27 turnovers so far -- it's not like Mark Sancheese just handed the ball off to Jerome Cunningham on every play.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from irishfanatic. Show irishfanatic's posts

YES Siree.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

By far, BB's best coaching effort coupled with an amazing year from TB.  This has been and looks to continue to be one amazing season.

Sections
Shortcuts