I there is a big black cloud hanging over the Patriots organization.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

Re: I there is a big black cloud hanging over the Patriots organization.

In response to TFB12's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Wow, seriously guys??  NEGAME has been on here a long time, is a good member of the forum and a huge Patriots fan.  She has an opinion about this subject and is concerned what it will do to the team and reputation of the Patriots organization.  She isn't trolling or speaking negatively against the team in any way, she is legitimately concerned.  Why all the harsh criticism?  Has it got to the point on here to where every idea, opinion and concern is being taken as a troll thread/post? 

[/QUOTE]

my only issue was she called me out eariler in the thread, page 2 , i believe. besides that i have no issue

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]

Wow, seriously guys??  NEGAME has been on here a long time, is a good member of the forum and a huge Patriots fan.  She has an opinion about this subject and is concerned what it will do to the team and reputation of the Patriots organization.  She isn't trolling or speaking negatively against the team in any way, she is legitimately concerned.  Why all the harsh criticism?  Has it got to the point on here to where every idea, opinion and concern is being taken as a troll thread/post? 

[/QUOTE]

Look at her response to me.  In a civilized conversation, things aren't presented that way.  She comes off as a pink hat who needs more cizzock.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

In response to NEGAME2's comment:

really hard evidence ???? really you so sure about that!!!???? put Hernandaz on trial, with his big brown eyes and innocent look (Kraft fell for it)  bring in a LOT of Patriots organization people who will swear they never saw anything to believe he could do what he did or why would they have extened him a big contract.  It' s all about reasonable doubt you smug a s s

You did too apparently

Hey Aaron--I'm on your side!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYC. Show NYC's posts

This trial is bound to captivate media attention around the USA similar perhaps to the OJ phenomenon 2 decades ago. In that sense it will be impossible to escape it. And there will be continual questions arising from it. 

What effect will it have? Things like this always have an effect but it often difficult to recognize the effects while they are occuring. I have had headaches, sleeplessness and irritability while worrying about various events in my life and I have never had anything as terrible as a former friend or teamate on trial for murder. It wouldn't be unusual for the Pats either individually or collectively to suffer some form of distraction or complaints. Even phenomena such as survivor's guilt can potentially plague players psyche. 

Could this make the team stronger or closer? BB has been successful in the past in using outside situations to build team unity. While I am sure he wishes the situation had never happened I am also sure he is strategizing how he can use this to make the team closer while protecting it from media intrusion. 

In the end there are a lot of uncertainties about this whole situation but the Pats organization will try to stay focused on doing their jobs / focusing on what they can control. I expect BB to reinforce that they could not have stopped AH's actions no matter what and that they can make a difference in their lives by setting good examples and by volunteering in the community and helping others. This is all anyone can do to turn the attention away from this horrible tragedy.

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYC. Show NYC's posts

In response to DeadAhead2's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to NYC's comment:
    [QUOTE]

This trial is bound to captivate media attention around the USA similar perhaps to the OJ phenomenon 2 decades ago. In that sense it will be impossible to escape it. And there will be continual questions arising from it. 

What effect will it have? Things like this always have an effect but it often difficult to recognize the effects while they are occuring. I have had headaches, sleeplessness and irritability while worrying about various events in my life and I have never had anything as terrible as a former friend or teamate on trial for murder. It wouldn't be unusual for the Pats either individually or collectively to suffer some form of distraction or complaints. Even phenomena such as survivor's guilt can potentially plague players psyche. 

Could this make the team stronger or closer? BB has been successful in the past in using outside situations to build team unity. While I am sure he wishes the situation had never happened I am also sure he is strategizing how he can use this to make the team closer while protecting it from media intrusion. 

In the end there are a lot of uncertainties about this whole situation but the Pats organization will try to stay focused on doing their jobs / focusing on what they can control. I expect BB to reinforce that they could not have stopped AH's actions no matter what and that they can make a difference in their lives by setting good examples and by volunteering in the community and helping others. This is all anyone can do to turn the attention away from this horrible tragedy.

[/QUOTE]

There is no way this trial will be like OJ whatsoever.  A big reason why that whole thing was so big was because it was by the friendly sideline reporter for NBC, HOF RB, and Nordberg from the Nake Gun movies. Oh, and by the way, after he murdered two people he was driven up and down the freeway on a friday afternoon in June where people who came home from work or from the pool on Fridy night on the east coast could sit around the tv, eat pizza and have their minds blown, with just exactly what was going on and would OJ Simpson blow his brains out in the back of a Bronco or not.

This situation is absolutely nothing like that.

It will be a pretty quick case, and barrning an OJesque fiasco with a payoff of the courts, Hern is going to quietly go away forever with the evidence against him.

Nancy Grace will update it nightly and Headline News or whatever channel she is on, and for those who want to follow it, you can go there and follow it. But, that will be it.

Some people like to follow murder trials and those people use cable tv remotes to do it.

But, this will be zero distraction to the NE Pats organization when the trial starts.  Bank on it.

[/QUOTE]

Russ

My main point is that this trial could even be a positive for the organization if BB uses it to build team unity. 

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to m. a. pat's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

I agree NEGAME, this could get ugly and drag on for a while.  Certainly will be a distraction going into next season. 

I have heard and read where Hernandez really kept his distance from most of the players on the team.  He has been referred to as a "loner" on the team.  He didn't associate off the field with most of them.  I think Spikes is one player who spent the most time with Hernandez off the field so I expect Spikes will be spending quite a bit of time answering questions.  

Have you heard or read if other players from the Pats spent much time with him off the field? 

This is going to be a very interesting trial.  I think there are going to be a lot of shocking revelations come out.

[/QUOTE]

the defense is going to call as many as they can to to say that he was a good team mate, played to the best of his ability, gave $50,000 the Krafts charity and so what if he was a loner??  they have to portray him as a good guy, good teamate, and a value to the team.

[/QUOTE]

They don't have to call people in for that. His donation was documented in the press.

You have no idea what you're talking about here.  If the the defense attorney even considers that, they're in serious trouble.

If he's a loner, then how can the "character witnesses" vouch for him?  That is suicide.  

Urban Meyer, his prayer leader or whatever, might get called though. Maybe they can use the bible thumper approach?

Maybe get all Babes on the jury for a bible thumping acquittal? LOL

[/QUOTE]

If this was happening to another team, you'd be on it like ugly on a monkey.

[/QUOTE]

u got it!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to soxrockursox's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Iam just waiting for someone to post its all Goodells fault he payoff the courts to start the trail then .

[/QUOTE]

: )

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

and it is the Hernandez trial. The prosecutor and the defense teams are going to want to depose players, coaches, front office and owners and everyone else associated with that piece of scum. Probably not a good time to bring it up, but it's going to be an issue for the organization, I've read that the trial should be held in the summer of 2014, and when does training camp start--July? This could be harder to overcome than last years shocking turn of events.

[/QUOTE]

Umm, no it's not.  No one in the Pats organization is on trial here, and the court will work with whoever they call in to give a statement.

Why do people worry about the most minor things?

[/QUOTE]

a murder trial for one of ur former players who committed these murders while in the Pats employ-and after signing a huge contract-is a minor thing? The fact that ur owner coach star QB and players may be called to testify in this trial is a minor thing? And the fact it may take place during the start of training camp is a minor thing? Are u sure ur IQ is 152?

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

and he's not going to rot he's going on trial  this could be the biggest trial ever with the most coverage  Big time NFL franchise--second only to Cowboys-- HOF coach and quarterback, so many questions about decisions made  yawn my a s s  you all just wait and see!!

[/QUOTE]

Things could get ugly for the Pats' organization. There will be a lot of public scrutiny going on and we all know how BB loves distractions.

Could the coach / GM be called as a character witness for AH after signing him to a big money contract?

[/QUOTE]

My god are you a moron.   No. BB will not be called as GM and coach of an NFL team who had nothing to do with Aaron Hernandez's adult decisions off the football field.

This is one of the dumbest troll threads I've seen in a while.   

[/QUOTE]

And I've also got a learning disability. Settle down and stop your name calling.

[/QUOTE]

If you have a learning disability, you shouldn't be posting here. You should be working on your disability by reading books and working with a counselor to help with that.

[/QUOTE]

That is not how a learning disability works. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 347pg. Show 347pg's posts

[QUOTE]

My god are you a moron...  

[/QUOTE]

And I've also got a learning disability. Settle down and stop your name calling.

[/QUOTE]

If you have a learning disability, you shouldn't be posting here. You should be working on your disability by reading books and working with a counselor to help with that.

[/QUOTE]

So let me get this straight:

1) If you don't start the thread, it's moronic

2) If people disagree with your view point, they're moronic

3) If a person shares a thought about what might happen in the future, they're a moron (as an aside, you saying it won't happen are indulging in the same 'moronic' behavior)

If I cared, I'd go back through all threads you've posted on and see just how many posts it takes you to go negative, nasty or abusive.  I'm thinking (not based on facts, as I've said I'm not going back through your 2284 posts to do actual numbers), on average it takes you 1.31 posts.  That may be generous.

Here's some reading for you (from Wikipedia):

Narcissistic personality disorder (NPD) is a personality disorder[1] in which a person is excessively preoccupied with personal adequacy, power, prestige and vanity. This condition affects one percent of the population.[better source needed][2][3] (Look - you're a one-percenter!!!!) First formulated in 1968, it was historically called megalomania, and is severe egocentrism.[citation needed]

Symptoms of this disorder, as defined by the DSM-IV-TR include:[1]

• Expects to be recognized as superior and special, without superior accomplishments
    • Expects constant attention, admiration and positive reinforcement from others
    • Envies others and believes others envy him/her
    • Is preoccupied with thoughts and fantasies of great success, enormous attractiveness, power, intelligence
    • Lacks the ability to empathize with the feelings or desires of others
    • Is arrogant in attitudes and behavior
    • Has expectations of special treatment that are unrealistic

Other symptoms in addition to the ones defined by DSM-IV-TR include: Is interpersonally
    exploitative, i.e., takes advantage of others to achieve his or her own ends, has trouble
    keeping healthy relationships with others, easily hurt or rejected, appears unemotional,
    and exaggerating special achievements and talents, setting unrealistic goals for himself/herself.[5]

Narcissistic personality disorder is characterized by dramatic, emotional behavior, and an
    over-inflated sense of self-importance that is in the same category as antisocial and
    borderline personality disorders.[6]

In addition to these symptoms, the person may display arrogance, show superiority, and
    seek power.[7] The symptoms of narcissistic personality disorder can be similar to the traits
    of individuals with strong self-esteem and confidence; differentiation occurs when the
    underlying psychological structures of these traits are considered pathological. Narcissists
    have such an elevated sense of self-worth that they value themselves as inherently better
    than others, when in reality they have a fragile self-esteem, cannot handle criticism, and
    often try to compensate for this inner fragility by belittling or disparaging others in an
    attempt to validate their own self-worth. Comments and criticisms about others are vicious
    from sufferers of NPD, in an attempt to boost their own poor self-esteem.[8]

Another narcissist symptom is a lack of empathy. They are unable to relate, understand,
    and rationalize the feelings of others. Instead of behaving in a way that shows how they
    are feeling in the moment, they behave in the way that they feel they are expected to
    behave or what gives them the most attention.[5]

I recommend you follow your advice to M.A. Pats

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to 347pg's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

My god are you a moron...  

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

So let me get this straight:

1) If you don't start the thread, it's moronic

2) If people disagree with your view point, they're moronic

3) If a person shares a thought about what might happen in the future, they're a moron (as an aside, you saying it won't happen are indulging in the same 'moronic' behavior)

If I cared, I'd go back through all threads you've posted on and see just how many posts it takes you to go negative, nasty or abusive.  I'm thinking (not based on facts, as I've said I'm not going back through your 2284 posts to do actual numbers), on average it takes you 1.31 posts.  That may be generous.

Here's some reading for you (from Wikipedia):

Narcissistic personality disorder (NPD) is a personality disorder[1] in which a person is excessively preoccupied with personal adequacy, power, prestige and vanity. This condition affects one percent of the population.[better source needed][2][3] (Look - you're a one-percenter!!!!) First formulated in 1968, it was historically called megalomania, and is severe egocentrism.[citation needed]

Symptoms of this disorder, as defined by the DSM-IV-TR include:[1]

• Expects to be recognized as superior and special, without superior accomplishments
    • Expects constant attention, admiration and positive reinforcement from others
    • Envies others and believes others envy him/her
    • Is preoccupied with thoughts and fantasies of great success, enormous attractiveness, power, intelligence
    • Lacks the ability to empathize with the feelings or desires of others
    • Is arrogant in attitudes and behavior
    • Has expectations of special treatment that are unrealistic

Other symptoms in addition to the ones defined by DSM-IV-TR include: Is interpersonally
    exploitative, i.e., takes advantage of others to achieve his or her own ends, has trouble
    keeping healthy relationships with others, easily hurt or rejected, appears unemotional,
    and exaggerating special achievements and talents, setting unrealistic goals for himself/herself.[5]

Narcissistic personality disorder is characterized by dramatic, emotional behavior, and an
    over-inflated sense of self-importance that is in the same category as antisocial and
    borderline personality disorders.[6]

In addition to these symptoms, the person may display arrogance, show superiority, and
    seek power.[7] The symptoms of narcissistic personality disorder can be similar to the traits
    of individuals with strong self-esteem and confidence; differentiation occurs when the
    underlying psychological structures of these traits are considered pathological. Narcissists
    have such an elevated sense of self-worth that they value themselves as inherently better
    than others, when in reality they have a fragile self-esteem, cannot handle criticism, and
    often try to compensate for this inner fragility by belittling or disparaging others in an
    attempt to validate their own self-worth. Comments and criticisms about others are vicious
    from sufferers of NPD, in an attempt to boost their own poor self-esteem.[8]

Another narcissist symptom is a lack of empathy. They are unable to relate, understand,
    and rationalize the feelings of others. Instead of behaving in a way that shows how they
    are feeling in the moment, they behave in the way that they feel they are expected to
    behave or what gives them the most attention.[5]

I recommend you follow your advice to M.A. Pats

[/QUOTE]

if Ruzty's picture isn't next to this in the dictionary it should be

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]

How does it work? I am fairly certain if I had a learning disability, I wouldn't be acting like an arrogant turd towards people more intelligent than myself.

[/QUOTE]

Considering you do act like an arrogant turd towards people more intelligent than you, we can conclude that you don't have a learning disability.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to 42AND46's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

and it is the Hernandez trial. The prosecutor and the defense teams are going to want to depose players, coaches, front office and owners and everyone else associated with that piece of scum. Probably not a good time to bring it up, but it's going to be an issue for the organization, I've read that the trial should be held in the summer of 2014, and when does training camp start--July? This could be harder to overcome than last years shocking turn of events.

[/QUOTE]

Umm, no it's not.  No one in the Pats organization is on trial here, and the court will work with whoever they call in to give a statement.

Why do people worry about the most minor things?

[/QUOTE]

a murder trial for one of ur former players who committed these murders while in the Pats employ-and after signing a huge contract-is a minor thing? The fact that ur owner coach star QB and players may be called to testify in this trial is a minor thing? And the fact it may take place during the start of training camp is a minor thing? Are u sure ur IQ is 152?

[/QUOTE]

Read the rest of the thread, stupid. I am not calling murder "minor". I am calling things NEGame or whoever else, things they can't control, out of their control and hence so minor.

It's no different if a company hired somene, maybe at a high level, paid them a lot of money and then they murdered someone.  

It has nothing to do with the company. Hernandez had NO RECORD, no arrests, nothing prior to this murder.

Hernandez is an adult in society and a company has no control over what that adult does in their spare time. End of story.

This is like saying if someone runs someone over and kills them while hammered, it's the organization's responsibility. No, it's not.

[/QUOTE]

oh so because you have "no control" over something it's minor? kind of like war, famine, childhood cancer, inner city violence...got it good philosophy and sense there

and u missed the point once again re: Pats as his employer-he was interacting with teammates and the HC/GM and Owner signed him to a huge contract extension by-it would be assumed-doing their homework on said player...i never said the Pats would be charged with anything Einstein I said they might be called to testify by the defense, prosecution or both-and that in my book would be a huge distraction especially at the beginning of training camp

u think it's gonna be easy to testify before a jury about a former player/teammate, be grilled about it by the media and then go out and concentrate on football?

Sections
Shortcuts