I think BB was very happy with the team last year minus WR

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from quinzpatsfan. Show quinzpatsfan's posts

I think BB was very happy with the team last year minus WR

The Pats had a ton of FA $$ and spent it mostly on keeping our own players. 

Talib, arrington, (welker's money went to ammodola), volmer, minor KR PR change from woody/edleman to Leon, can wilson from chung, Kelly for no one maybe brace. 

For the most part minus the WR we have the same team coming back. 

Helps with knowing the system and each other.  Unless you thought the team wasn't that good last year, I did, thoughts??

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

Re: I think BB was very happy with the team last year minus WR

i think your almost right on that BB really liked his team last year. I cant believe he is happy with the lack of pass rush though. Hopefully that will get addressed moreso than Amrstead anf Kelly.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Not sure anyone could be happy with the WR core from last year. There was essentially Welker and Lloyd and they wanted Welker back but ended up with their second choice in the confussion. They appearently weren't happy with Lloyd so that was their entire WR core. Even if he was happy with Welker and Lloyd he'd still needed to add more pieces and so far this year they've only subtracted. Edelman remains, Jenkins might not be any better then the JAGs from last year, they haven't replaced Lloyd yet though Sanders would/could make a nice upgrade, Amendola is more versatile then Welker but who knows the chemistry and if Amendola can stay healthy. Heck Amendola being the second choice should tell you even they didn't think he was an upgrade over Welker or they would have made him the primary focus. Now this could change if somehow Pit doesn't match the offer or if they draft a very talented WR but as of today I'd rather have Welker and Lloyd over Amendola and Jones

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Eng is right Russ. As it sits now, welker and Lloyd were a better duo than amendola and jones... This is further multiplied by Gronk not being 100% and the possibility that he could miss more time next year if he is not healed. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to RidingWithTheKingII's comment:

Or, WR corps. WR corps was solid last year. Welker, Lloyd, Edelman, Branch.  With two beasts at TEs, that's not a weak corps, Pats Eng (yes, I know you have me on Ignore).

Pats Eng sure has crossed to the other side of the tracks since BB let Welkie walk.

Hey remeber when you called the wide receiver core "the best wide receiver core we ever had here" last off season? Why did you say that? At the time you were wetting yourself over the signing of Gaffney and Lloyd I believe. Those were funny times:)

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

Or, WR corps. WR corps was solid last year. Welker, Lloyd, Edelman, Branch.  With two beasts at TEs, that's not a weak corps, Pats Eng (yes, I know you have me on Ignore).

Pats Eng sure has crossed to the other side of the tracks since BB let Welkie walk.

Psycho

Lloyd only caught about 50% of his passes.  Edelman was injured and Ir'd, Gronk and Hern were only on the field TOGETHER for 1 or 2 games (both missed significant time).  Branch was cut and resigned twice.

Real solid there.   Do you actually watch the games?  Sicko!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

In response to quinzpatsfan's comment:

Talib, arrington, (welker's money went to ammodola), volmer, minor KR PR change from woody/edleman to Leon, can wilson from chung, Kelly for no one maybe brace. 

Helps with knowing the system and each other.  Unless you thought the team wasn't that good last year, I did, thoughts??

I do not think he was happy with Chung and Gregory. I do not think he was happy with pass rush. I do not think he was happy with CBs after the starting three. Nor of course the WRs.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from agill1970. Show agill1970's posts

It wasn't personell that kept us from hoisting the Lombardi last year, it was some very key injuries and lack of depth in certain areas.  the loss of Gronk, Talib, Edleman, and a hobbled Jones hurt us dearly.  And yes I include Edleman as mid season last year he was playing lights out and doing very well in the return game as well.  Gronk however was our golden child in the red zone near unstoppable, and the loss of Talib completely changed the defense due to the massive reshuffling and loss of our key player in the secondary. 

Looking at he current roster I think once again we have a great chance at a 4th ring.  Two major questions that won't be answered anytime soon.  1.  Can our key starters stay healthy?  2.  Will Brady be ok without his security blanket in Welker?   

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from quinzpatsfan. Show quinzpatsfan's posts

In response to portfolio1's comment:

In response to quinzpatsfan's comment:

I do not think he was happy with Chung and Gregory. I do not think he was happy with pass rush. I do not think he was happy with CBs after the starting three. Nor of course the WRs.

Valid points, not sure if I totally agree on Gregory BB spoke very highly of him. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from quinzpatsfan. Show quinzpatsfan's posts

All I know is, these teams are going to be LOADED for the foreseeable future.

Loaded.

It's hard not be excited the team has basically filled every need prior to the draft.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:

Hey remeber when you called the wide receiver core "the best wide receiver core we ever had here" last off season? Why did you say that? At the time you were wetting yourself over the signing of Gaffney and Lloyd I believe. Those were funny times:)

"Core" or corps?  One is right, one wrong.  It's scary you're a teacher.

Hey, remember when Brady puked all over his shoes in recent postseasons because he prefers the shotgun?

Lloyd was good by the way. Will Brady avoid making it about him and how he feels comfortable in the postseason in 2013?

Gee, I am confused why BB walked from Welker. lol

Hey, get any new muffin tins lately?

remember when brady walked off the field in two sb's with a lead?

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to 42AND46's comment:

Hey, remember when Brady puked all over his shoes in recent postseasons because he prefers the shotgun?

Lloyd was good by the way. Will Brady avoid making it about him and how he feels comfortable in the postseason in 2013?

Yeah, it's when I also realized no SB winning team ever scored 14 or 17 points and won a SB, unless it was 1971.

LOL!

for someone so much more intelligent this response rates a 2 out of 10...terrible!

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

Yeah, it's when I also realized no SB winning team ever scored 14 or 17 points and won a SB, unless it was 1971.

LOL!

for someone so much more intelligent this response rates a 2 out of 10...terrible!

I seriously cannot believe you're 45 years old. You're an incredible loser.

this response doesn't even rate at all...ur slipping russ! slipping!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from msteven. Show msteven's posts

I think the off season moves have been well thought out.  They brought back two out of the three big free agents.  They brought back a young WR.  Sanders will be an upgrade at WR.  I still am hoping for a tall young Wr that can spread the field but there is still time.  They added a veteran safety to help the young defense.  They upgraded their DL.  With the draft a week away, they have all the necessary pieces in place.  Now they can use the draft to pick the best players available instead of trying to fill needs. 

I would like to see them bring in Freeny or Abraham for the pass rush but I think Kelly might be able to fill this role.  I see them dealing with San Francisco for more draft picks.  There is no way that San Fran can draft that many players and be productive.  They currently have a solid staff.

Trading Mallet is still a possibility.  I am thinking that Tebow will be cut shortly.  Tebow would be an ok clipboard holder.  He could also be used on special teams and maybe on a few offense plays.  He does have some game experience which is a plus.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Jints, I usually side with your line of thinking, but cannot here.  An entire football game cannot be distilled down to essentially just the final two drives.  IMO, a lot of people make that mistake here.  Walking off the field with a lead in a game where you've only scored 14-17 points while averaging above 30 throughout the regular season cannot be considered as having done one's job, paticularly when the defense has operated much closer to its average for points given up. 

Sections
Shortcuts