I think Brady requested Moss be cut loose

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Macrawn. Show Macrawn's posts

I think Brady requested Moss be cut loose

I know a lot of you were saying Brady has got to be mad about the Moss trade.

The truth is, I wouldn't be a bit surprised if Brady approached BB about cutting him loose. He clearly tried to massage Moss's ego in the Jets game by throwing him the ball when he was covered solid, and lead directly to the loss. Moss may not have been harping directly to Brady to get him the ball, but he sure appears to have been going after the play caller to get it to him. Moss was going over the top this year demanding the ball unlike other years with the Pats.

That's just not the kind of baggage a qb can carry and play a solid game. I'm pretty sure Brady is probably relieved Moss is gone. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

Re: Brady requested Moss be cut loose

I take BB at his word when he said in his press conference that Brady doesn't make personnel decisions.  Minutes later he re-emphasized the point by saying Brady is a player.  I'd be surprised if BB doesn't seek out input from prominent players like Brady, but I think it ends at that.  BB's tone of voice indicated he was a little miffed at the notion Brady had to be consulted or sign off on the trade.

Nope, I think BB exercises firm control over personnel.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Wow, talk about a totally misleading thread title. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from N464Mex-N460A. Show N464Mex-N460A's posts

Macrawns mother requested an abortion!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from schwank. Show schwank's posts

In Response to Re: Brady requested Moss be cut loose:
    [QUOTE]Wow, talk about a totally misleading thread title. 
    Posted by BradyMossFan[/QUOTE]

Agreed.  I'm all for discussion, but title the thread with a question mark (?).   Some people think they are reporting news here.  Jeez.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In Response to Re: Brady requested Moss be cut loose:
    [QUOTE]Wow, talk about a totally misleading thread title. 
    Posted by BradyMossFan[/QUOTE]

Yeah, this board is good for at least a few of these a week. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Macrawn. Show Macrawn's posts

Re: I think Brady requested Moss be cut loose

There changed the title to reflect opinion not fact. Alrightzie?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

In Response to I think Brady requested Moss be cut loose:
    [QUOTE]I know a lot of you were saying Brady has got to be mad about the Moss trade. The truth is, I wouldn't be a bit surprised if Brady approached BB about cutting him loose.Posted by Macrawn[/QUOTE]

dumb speculation on your part.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ronf. Show ronf's posts

As the face of the franchise, Brady consults with Belichick and Kraft and vice versa. The Bulls did it with Jordan and the Broncos did it with Elway etc. That's how it works. Brady is the perfect company man. He knows what to say and what not to say and when and when not to say it. He was consulted. That said,  Belichick and Kraft made the decision to cut ties with Moss once they had a understanding with Brady that it was neccessary. It is rather interesting that 3 of the four guys sent home last year after being late for a practice meeting are now gone. I think we can expect the Patriots to take on a more professional persona from here on out. I think it's been tough on the organization having to baby sit Moss. Never again will belichick bring in a guy like Moss without the proper club house veterans to keep the guy in line. all the problems started after Vrabel, Bruschi and Seymour were gone. Those guys handled Corey Dillon and Moss and when they were gone from the club house things went south.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

In Response to I think Brady requested Moss be cut loose:
    [QUOTE]I know a lot of you were saying Brady has got to be mad about the Moss trade. The truth is, I wouldn't be a bit surprised if Brady approached BB about cutting him loose. He clearly tried to massage Moss's ego in the Jets game by throwing him the ball when he was covered solid, and lead directly to the loss. Moss may not have been harping directly to Brady to get him the ball, but he sure appears to have been going after the play caller to get it to him. Moss was going over the top this year demanding the ball unlike other years with the Pats. That's just not the kind of baggage a qb can carry and play a solid game. I'm pretty sure Brady is probably relieved Moss is gone. 
    Posted by Macrawn[/QUOTE]
    If you know football and watched the 2nd half of the Jets/Pats game, TB had absolutely no one to throw to. Ryan's adjustments covered every void in that secondary and TB had no where to go with the ball. The Jets also got inside his head and if there was the smallest window to anyone, he couldn't get it there. Moss is seldom TB's primary receiver. If they don't get a Branch to stretch the field, they'll have to rely on nothing but short underneath stuff with defenders playing up and tighter. This only means that someone is going to get lit up. You better hope it isn't Wes, he could turn out a mess. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In Response to Re: I think Brady requested Moss be cut loose:
    [QUOTE]In Response to I think Brady requested Moss be cut loose : dumb speculation on your part.
    Posted by kansaspatriot[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't call what he said dumb speculation but it is speculation.

Brady did say that he didn't exactly follow the game plan agains the Giants in the SB because he was trying to be a good teammate and get players more involved. Now he didn't say which players or player but we can make a good guess who it might have been.

After the Jets game Brady commented on wishing he had Branch. Now many would speculate that they suffered in the 2nd half trying to force Moss the ball so it does make you wonder.

I doubt Brady asked for Moss to be traded but I'm not certain Brady fought for Moss not to be trade either. I think Brady started to realize that Moss isn't coming down with as many balls thrown his way as in past years and if he continued to force it to Moss it would do more harm then good. He also knows that Moss would make waves, being in a contract year, if he didn't get the ball enough so I think Brady realized the situation and understood it was best for Moss and the team if they both went seperate ways.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

I don't hink Brady made any such request.. if anything, he may have been asked for his opinion about the Patriots receiver group sans Moss and opined they are a good group and the team can win with them.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

[QUOTE]Brady did say that he didn't exactly follow the game plan agains the Giants in the SB because he was trying to be a good teammate and get players more involved. Now he didn't say which players or player but we can make a good guess who it might have been. After the Jets game Brady commented on wishing he had Branch.
    Posted by PatsEng[/QUOTE]

Where did he say this?  Link?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Moss requested a trade in week 1 by what BB told us, if Brady didn't want Moss Brady wouldn't have passed him the ball in week 2 (You say forcing him the ball, I say the rooks couldn't get open). 

Brady loved playing with Moss, he wanted Moss to stay. Moss wanted out, not vice versa. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: I think Brady requested Moss be cut loose : Where did he say this?  Link?
    Posted by themightypatriotz[/QUOTE]

I'll try my best to find it but it was 2.5yrs ago and I can't remember if I read it or heard it in an interview

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]Moss requested a trade in week 1 by what BB told us, if Brady didn't want Moss Brady wouldn't have passed him the ball in week 2 (You say forcing him the ball, I say the rooks couldn't get open).  Brady loved playing with Moss, he wanted Moss to stay. Moss wanted out, not vice versa. 
    Posted by 49Patriots[/QUOTE]

49 I just watched NFL today where they had a report that Moss and Brady had a fight about Moss not being a Patriots type of player and had to be seperated this season. If this report is true then saying Brady loved playing with Moss might be that just that past tense. For the things that are coming out it's sounds more and more like Brady didn't really want Moss to stay in the end

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Macrawn. Show Macrawn's posts

Not so much speculation anymore is it :)

It really wasn't that hard to put 2 and 2 together folks. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]Not so much speculation anymore is it :) It really wasn't that hard to put 2 and 2 together folks. 

Actually it still is speculation until there is rock hard proof he said that. However, it is logical that he didn't put up a complaint regardingMoss being traded and might have helped push it along if BB asked him what he thought.

BTW Mighty I stopped looking like 15mins after starting to read articles from almost 3 years back so I'm still sticking to it's what I remember him saying but feel free to say I made it up if you want to since I don't feel like searching for the direct quote.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from The-dude. Show The-dude's posts

No links = Speculation

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

[QUOTE]Moss requested a trade in week 1 by what BB told us, if Brady didn't want Moss Brady wouldn't have passed him the ball in week 2 (You say forcing him the ball, I say the rooks couldn't get open).  Brady loved playing with Moss, he wanted Moss to stay. Moss wanted out, not vice versa. 

Will you make up your mind P49. If they were forcing it to Moss because the other guys couldn't get open then they can't be any less open without Moss.

I don't know how many times I yelled to my son, "what the hell are they doing!" as I saw the ball thrown over an obviously open receiver to a totally covered Moss that didn't elevate or do anything to go get it. Or one that wentpast another receiver that was open to hit Randy in the hands then fall to the ground.

You are obviously a Randy Moss fan and not a Pats fan.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: I think Brady requested Moss be cut loose : 49 I just watched NFL today where they had a report that Moss and Brady had a fight about Moss not being a Patriots type of player and had to be seperated this season. If this report is true then saying Brady loved playing with Moss might be that just that past tense. For the things that are coming out it's sounds more and more like Brady didn't really want Moss to stay in the end
    Posted by PatsEng[/QUOTE]

more speculation, where did NFL today poick this up from? no credile link, no credible story

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

[QUOTE]Not so much speculation anymore is it :) It really wasn't that hard to put 2 and 2 together folks. 

sure there's speculation. there is nothing credible about this info

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Well, Moss did talk about Brady's hair-do, it makes sense

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: I think Brady requested Moss be cut loose : Will you make up your mind P49. If they were forcing it to Moss because the other guys couldn't get open then they can't be any less open without Moss. I don't know how many times I yelled to my son, "what the hell are they doing!" as I saw the ball thrown over an obviously open receiver to a totally covered Moss that didn't elevate or do anything to go get it. Or one that wentpast another receiver that was open to hit Randy in the hands then fall to the ground. You are obviously a Randy Moss fan and not a Pats fan.
    Posted by rtuinila[/QUOTE]

I saw Gronk open in the flat on one INT and Tate running free on another INT, but I'm sure Brady didn't think they were open or he would've thrown to them, right? =)

Do you really think that Brady would force a pass to someone? 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: I think Brady requested Moss be cut loose : I saw Gronk open in the flat on one INT and Tate running free on another INT, but I'm sure Brady didn't think they were open or he would've thrown to them, right? =) Do you really think that Brady would force a pass to someone? 

In an interview I heard on 98.5 The Sports Hub, Brady said he may have been forcing it to Moss too much in the Jets game. He said forced it too much in the Jets game, which means he has been forcing it to Moss in other games too.