I think I have changed my mind. Peyton Manning might miss the entire year.

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from oh-my-beard. Show oh-my-beard's posts

Re: I think I have changed my mind. Peyton Manning might miss the entire year.

I really hope not. The Pats/Colts game is my favorite of the year and without Peyton there it won't be the same. I respect the SH!T out of Peyton (although I hate him), and I hope he can return to the feild at some point.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

The one year I decide to make a play on a top notch quarterback in FF this happens. The fantasy gods hate me. I'm doomed to another year of the Cutler/Orton platoon!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME2. Show NEGAME2's posts

After hearing the sleeping giant comment Peyton has decided to go on IR.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

If they go out and sign Garrard I honestly don't think they'll be as bad as everyone thinks. Their division stinks, if Garrard was their QB I'd still pick Indianapolis to win the South

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from McFEETers. Show McFEETers's posts

esp if they start off in with collins- i wouldnt want to see manning behind that colts oline, as it is currently constituted

In Response to Re: I think I have changed my mind. Peyton Manning might miss the entire year.:
    Im just wondering what Indy fans think. I mean in this situation if it were the Pats I would almost want to say IR him. Give Hoyer a shot for the year and make sure Brady doesnt hurt his neck/back/god knows what.
    Posted by MVPkilla4life

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In Response to I think I have changed my mind. Peyton Manning might miss the entire year.:
    Early on when people said he might miss a lot of time due to his neck I said it was just wishful thinking and that he would be back by week 4. But after reading all the different quotes and reports and what not this morning it sounds like he could and probably should go on IR for the year to avoid further injury and possibly hurt his career. Or shorten it. I know this is what some of you have said from the beginning but how do you feel about it now? And UD6 for once you come in handy, how do the Indy fans feel about him maybe missing the year? Do yu think he should just take the year and recover and say forget this season? I mean if it gets you another 2 or 3 years out of him? Im not busting chops I would really like to know what you Indy fans are thinking.
    Posted by MVPkilla4life

Well I think most of Indy thinks like everyone else that the team is toast without Manning.  I think Collins is as capable as anyone, but that offense is Peyton's and while Collins can learn the plays, I believe there are nuances that Peyton and his receivers know that simply can't be digested quickly by someone else. 

As for his injury, this is my belief and mine alone.  I don't think it is anything like healing from an ACL reconstruction.  I think they are simply waiting for the nerves to start regenerating.  When that happens, I'd imagine it will be a short time before he is back on the field.  I don't think anyone has said the herniated disc is worse than before (although maybe this is actually the case).  In other words, I think everything structural is solid, but if nerves aren't "right" it won't feel that way. 

I think that if this thing keeps him out all year and doesn't clear up by the draft next year, the colts have to think hard about what they do going forward.  While this thing doesn't necessarily have a set time table, the general feeling is that the nerves should have started coming back by now. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In Response to Re: I think I have changed my mind. Peyton Manning might miss the entire year.:
    Oh no. Not another GOmer thread. No offense, Killa.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing

clinton laughing by Zoebess

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

I think they'll stay with collins, and not look back.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

The Colts were only a real dark horse b4 the injury
    I just cannot get by the Colts giving him so much
    money with this hanging over the contract

If he is injured for the year how does this
    effect the sal cap? future years?
    doesn't it all go against the cap?

He cannot be on Pup - didn't he practice

If all of his $ or the guaranteed part go against
    the Colts cap - the Colts are effed
    for 4 yrs-

to me Gomer doesn't look so wonderful now
    for "giving" the Colts a discount- seems to me
    he should give the money back

And of cours the Colts will be in the bottom
    of the league for a long long long time

I hear talk of giviing Brees 20M$ - that is way too much
    as a per centage of Cap - Few teams can survive this
    The Pats can because they ar getting so much vlue out
    of veterans lookingfor a ring

I would love to see the average NFL Salary Breakdown by
    Position for starters and by position for the whole team

and then measure us and the other SB contenders
    against these numbers

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dessalines. Show Dessalines's posts

If they go out and sign Garrard I honestly don't think they'll be as bad as everyone thinks. Their division stinks, if Garrard was their QB I'd still pick Indianapolis to win the South
    Posted by CaptainZdeno33

I don't think they'll pick up Garrard, except as backup to Collins and I don't think they'll even do that.  Collins can make the throws and he knows the competition within the division.  I think they got the guy they needed when they picked up Collins.  We'll see.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

I think it all depends on their record. My estimation is that he'll be ready by the midpoint of this season.

I think by then they'll probably evaluate where they stand in the playoff race and if it's worth risking PM even more injury

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerice50. Show jerice50's posts

This is my theory:

Peyton is gone for the season - done. finished. In fact, his career is over - unfortunate, but highly probable.
    The Colts tank this season (somewhat on purpose) to get Andrew Luck in next year's draft.
    Peyton is gone, but works with Luck - similarly to what we're doing with Mallet, the Colts let the budding star learn from a master.
    Meanwhile, the Colts fill their roster with other fresh young bodies while Peyton is (deified, er) glorified and does a victory lap during season '12.
    By the '13 season, they've got themselves a good qb on an eager team.
    When not making commercials, Peyton is on the sideline every minute of the transition.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

I understand you've deluded yourself into thinking people actually follow you around but that really isn't the case.  When one has posted (as you have) nearly 6000 times in less than 5 months there is really no way for anyone to post anywhere that you haven't been on this board. 

As for the picture - its not following you, its called giving you a taste of your own medicine.  

What is more funny than you being upset that another Manning thread has been started (Willie'd have to be on the floor for this one) is that you are complaining again about the Manning threads while at the same time perpetuating them with your posts on them.  You just can't make this up. 

What might be the funniest of all is that you are posting AND believe you are being followed on the very threads you don't want in existence.  

I understand that you may not be smart enough to get that, but the irony really is really really funny. 

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from GadisRKO. Show GadisRKO's posts

Reports are he had surgery today(thurday), I would say he is done for atleast 6 weeks.

I don't want him to go to IR because I don't want to see the Colts draft Luck.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from proftom. Show proftom's posts

Hope is a good thing and Payton is a very good person, so I hope he is okay.

Prayers.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from LegendofBoston. Show LegendofBoston's posts

Reports are he had surgery today(thurday), I would say he is done for atleast 6 weeks. I don't want him to go to IR because I don't want to see the Colts draft Luck.
    Posted by GadisRKO

6 weeks ? No he is done for the year. He might even be done for his career. Only time will tell on that. Collins is no slouch, hes top 10 Ever in passing yards. I say the Colts will win 8 games atleast with him at the helm, taking them out of the running for Luck, who I think will end up with the Redskins.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from EASON11. Show EASON11's posts

to be the best you have to beat the best............get well soon 18.....he is one of the greatest to ever play.........appreciate him ....dont hate him..........

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

Hey, who's going to call plays in Indy?  Maybe they put Peyton on the sideline with a headset.... he can gesticulate wildly from there, and it would be like having an offensive coordinator.  Sort of.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from hambonawilliams. Show hambonawilliams's posts

OMAHAAAA...OMAHAAAAA

LMAO

He and his deflicted neck are done...if you haven't had bad discs in your cervical spine, you have NO CLUE how having your hands and arms go numb can bring you down and make you feel like nothing will ever be the same...because it won't! And the pain!...A searing, white hot streak that you cannot control with any amount of pain meds....and that's at rest....

Nope, he's out for this year, and probably for good.....

OMAHAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Sections
Shortcuts