I think NE will sign...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

I think NE will sign...

Garrett Graham  TE

Pat Sims  DT

Captain Munnerlyn  CB

Chris Clemons  S

Jared Allen  DE

LeGarrett Blount  RB

Dane Fletcher  LB

Julian Edelman  WR

Kenny Britt  WR

Ryan Wendell  C

Just guesses.  Maybe I will get 1 or 2 correct.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pats-fan-2007. Show pats-fan-2007's posts

Re: I think NE will sign...

Good list. I'd pass on Kenny Britt and add Golden Tate.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

In response to pats-fan-2007's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Good list. I'd pass on Kenny Britt and add Golden Tate.

[/QUOTE]

yeah thats not at all realistic though. Tate could be seeing some huge coin while Britt would be a minimum contract most likely, thus why BB would take him.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pats-fan-2007. Show pats-fan-2007's posts

I like Britt's talent, but he's been a huge head-case.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pats-fan-2007. Show pats-fan-2007's posts

Oh, I just remembered Britt went to Rutgers......

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

That list is no less credible than any other dart board exercise on this board.  Hey, at least he's taken a shot.  I'd like to see them sign Sims, Allen and Edelman, btw.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ultpatfan. Show ultpatfan's posts

TJ Ward, J. Allen, D. Whitner, J. Jones and J. Edelman (J. Amaro for TE in draft).  Done!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to WazzuWheatfarmer's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Garrett Graham  TE

Pat Sims  DT

Captain Munnerlyn  CB

Chris Clemons  S

Jared Allen  DE

LeGarrett Blount  RB

Dane Fletcher  LB

Julian Edelman  WR

Kenny Britt  WR

Ryan Wendell  C

[/QUOTE]

I can easily see them resigning Wendell and Fletcher and maybe even Blount. Edelman I think is gone. They are most likely low balling him right now and it will turn into another Welker situation, I'm kind of waiting for Kraft to come out and say how much they want Edelman back.

I'd love Allen but he's got a ton of interest from other teams who have cap space and don't shy away from spending it so I'm not sure he'd be in our price range.

I'm thinking if they lose out in Edelman they might be in on Sanders or Hakeem Nicks or a Britt.

I'm still holding out hopes for an Author Jones but someone more like Babineaux would be more of their typical signing. An aging vet that won't command much money. Or a Clinton McDonald who has a good season, should be cheap and has some upside.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Ihedigbo back and either Finnegan or Bailey who will be lower cost options.

Basically look at any failed 1st round picks, aging vets, or players with recent major injures or thrown off teams for locker room concerns and those are the higher likelyhood of being signed because they are cheaper.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to WazzuWheatfarmer's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Garrett Graham  TE

Pat Sims  DT

Captain Munnerlyn  CB

Chris Clemons  S

Jared Allen  DE

LeGarrett Blount  RB

Dane Fletcher  LB

Julian Edelman  WR

Kenny Britt  WR

Ryan Wendell  C

[/QUOTE]

I can easily see them resigning Wendell and Fletcher and maybe even Blount. Edelman I think is gone. They are most likely low balling him right now and it will turn into another Welker situation, I'm kind of waiting for Kraft to come out and say how much they want Edelman back.

I'd love Allen but he's got a ton of interest from other teams who have cap space and don't shy away from spending it so I'm not sure he'd be in our price range.

I'm thinking if they lose out in Edelman they might be in on Sanders or Hakeem Nicks or a Britt.

I'm still holding out hopes for an Author Jones but someone more like Babineaux would be more of their typical signing. An aging vet that won't command much money. Or a Clinton McDonald who has a good season, should be cheap and has some upside.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Ihedigbo back and either Finnegan or Bailey who will be lower cost options.

Basically look at any failed 1st round picks, aging vets, or players with recent major injures or thrown off teams for locker room concerns and those are the higher likelyhood of being signed because they are cheaper.

[/QUOTE]

History proves this but reading it 3 times, man does it sound pessimistic. 

Finnegan and ihedigbo wouldn't be a bad combo when paired with our guys. If they took the money saved and put into the dline, grab Arthur jones and draft a stud DT. I am ok with that. Could that happen? 

Edelman worries me given the combined shape of our wr's. I would glady give up Edelman for a guy like nicks if I knew Boyce could step up for Edelman both as a slot WR and pr. That's a roll of the dice, but one I think worth taking if we hang on to Danny and he has a injury free year.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to PatsLifer's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Finnegan and ihedigbo wouldn't be a bad combo when paired with our guys. If they took the money saved and put into the dline, grab Arthur jones and draft a stud DT. I am ok with that. Could that happen? 

Edelman worries me given the combined shape of our wr's. I would glady give up Edelman for a guy like nicks if I knew Boyce could step up for Edelman both as a slot WR and pr. That's a roll of the dice, but one I think worth taking if we hang on to Danny and he has a injury free year.

[/QUOTE]

I think it sounds pessimistic because we've experience that type of offseason time and time again and those offseasons never really pan out well. So it's more of the same thing that hasn't really been working which is a bit depressing.

If they can get Jones for a good price I think it would be possible to get him and a high draft pick at DT. That would certainly help things out a lot but if they do target Jones I wouldn't expect much from the other positions. More than likely more of those $2-4mil range signings of prove it deals and aging vets type of deals. Personally I want them to invest in 2 good starting caliber players at either CB, WR, DT, DE, or SS. My choices would be Whitner and Jones which I don't think either would cost a ton but would fall in the $5-7mil avv range. After that I'd be happy with a couple $2-4mil range players but I do think they need to invest into at least 2 good starting caliber players in FA this year and at least 1 top end TE and 1 top end DL in the draft. After that building depth is fine with me.

My ideal would be to get a Niklas, Aramo, CJ via draft and a D Jones, Hageman, Nix, Tuitt, Easley, Martin, a C and/or RG in rounds 3-5 and 1-2 of Hoffman, Exum, Latimer, Coleman, Lynch, Buchanan, Aiken, Joe Dun Duncan, Dontae Johnson. And to come away in FA with the guys listed above. I'd be estatic with that offseason and one I think is very reasonable. They have the resources to pull if off but it does require a bit more investment than what they are use to and going for the player and not the deal but there is nothing there that stops them from pulling it off. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

....  SOMEONE, please, just to give us fans a player joining the team to be excited about!!!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to PatsLifer's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I think it sounds pessimistic because we've experience that type of offseason time and time again and those offseasons never really pan out well. So it's more of the same thing that hasn't really been working which is a bit depressing.

If they can get Jones for a good price I think it would be possible to get him and a high draft pick at DT. That would certainly help things out a lot but if they do target Jones I wouldn't expect much from the other positions. More than likely more of those $2-4mil range signings of prove it deals and aging vets type of deals. Personally I want them to invest in 2 good starting caliber players at either CB, WR, DT, DE, or SS. My choices would be Whitner and Jones which I don't think either would cost a ton but would fall in the $5-7mil avv range. After that I'd be happy with a couple $2-4mil range players but I do think they need to invest into at least 2 good starting caliber players in FA this year and at least 1 top end TE and 1 top end DL in the draft. After that building depth is fine with me.

My ideal would be to get a Niklas, Aramo, CJ via draft and a D Jones, Hageman, Nix, Tuitt, Easley, Martin, a C and/or RG in rounds 3-5 and 1-2 of Hoffman, Exum, Latimer, Coleman, Lynch, Buchanan, Aiken, Joe Dun Duncan, Dontae Johnson. And to come away in FA with the guys listed above. I'd be estatic with that offseason and one I think is very reasonable. They have the resources to pull if off but it does require a bit more investment than what they are use to and going for the player and not the deal but there is nothing there that stops them from pulling it off. 

[/QUOTE]

Great blueprint.  I hope BB can pull something like this off.

Sections
Shortcuts