I think people are still underestimating Belichick and the Pats

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikec645. Show mikec645's posts

I think people are still underestimating Belichick and the Pats

Remember after the 2002 season when they didn't make the playoffs?  Belichick when he doesn't have to prepare for the playoffs is scary what he can do in the off season.  Before the 03 season he drafted, Ty Warren, Eugene Wilson, Bethel Johnson, Dan Klecko, Asante Samuel, Dan Koppen, and Tully Banta-Cain.

Not to mention free agent signings Ted Washington, Colvin, Tyrone Poole, Rodney Harrison, Probably a few more but I can't remember.

Then they went on to win the next two super bowls.

I think the 09 team has the potential to be the best team the Pats ever had

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2.. Show Tcal2.'s posts

Re: I think people are still underestimating Belichick and the Pats

mike, I have to respectfully disagree with your thread title.
    No team is underestimating BB or the Patriots this year. They are the Super Bowl favorites everywhere.

In fact after Brady's performance last night I'm sure Defensive Coordinators all over the league peed their pants a little.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikec645. Show mikec645's posts

I'm sure coaches did, but so many fans(just haters I suppose) still don't think Belichick is the best coach in the league hands down.  A few extra weeks of prep time after not making the playoffs and he can pull off a draft class like this without taking anyone in the first round.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

I get what you are saying, the fans of the NFL dont give us the respect we deserve or at least the haters dont. But after that we are the most respected team in football.

I agree giving Belichick extra time because we missed the playoffs is a scary thought. And this draft seems like a good one so maybe you are right we might go on another back to back super bowl run

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1020us. Show m1020us's posts

In Response to Re: I think people are still underestimating Belichick and the Pats:
    [QUOTE]mike, I have to respectfully disagree with your thread title. No team is underestimating BB or the Patriots this year. They are the Super Bowl favorites everywhere. In fact after Brady's performance last night I'm sure Defensive Coordinators all over the league peed their pants a little.
    Posted by Kmax[/QUOTE]

I don't agree....I have seen numerous times where many people were not picking the Pats to win it all......they pick the Squeelers because they are the champs....LOL!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

With the rare exception the Pats are teh faverite to win it all.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Unless you know an unsuspecting bookie that I don't know,they are the prohibitive favorite everywheres.The Leagues Defensive coordinators are no peeing on themselves I would think by now they are all doing the toilet wipe shuffle!!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2.. Show Tcal2.'s posts

In Response to Re: I think people are still underestimating Belichick and the Pats:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: I think people are still underestimating Belichick and the Pats : I don't agree....I have seen numerous times where many people were not picking the Pats to win it all......they pick the Squeelers because they are the champs....LOL!
    Posted by m1020us[/QUOTE]

m, they maybe picking the Steelers but they'er putting their money on the Patriots.  lol

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from krismk. Show krismk's posts

Who is the last man standing? Some took a Superbowl win as an epitaph..Dungy, Cowher, (2)Shanahan, Vermeil, Gruden...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Steelcurtain75. Show Steelcurtain75's posts

Believe me, I think anyone with any football knowledge would have to be crazy to underestimate the Patriots, especially with the return of Tom Brady. He's a terrific player, and even though he is a nightmare for opposing teams, I'm glad he's back.
    Even though I'm a Steeler fan, Its good to see him back because even though we won in New  England last year, it was a hollow victory for fans like me. Although the Steelers sacked Casell's a few times last year, if Brady would have been in there, he would have gotten rid of the ball, probably to Welker over the middle or to Faulk out of the backfield. The Steelers defense is good against the run, but the pass defense isn't as good as alot of our fans think. I hate to say it but Brady will kill them all day with the quick passes, and as soon as the Steelers start concentrating on The Short passes, Brady will beat them deep with a long pass down the middle. Even so, it's good to have him back because you should always want to play against the best, if you really want to call yourself a champion!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

In Response to I think people are still underestimating Belichick and the Pats:
    [QUOTE]Remember after the 2002 season when they didn't make the playoffs?  Belichick when he doesn't have to prepare for the playoffs is scary what he can do in the off season.  Before the 03 season he  drafted, Ty Warren, Eugene Wilson, Bethel Johnson, Dan Klecko, Asante Samuel, Dan Koppen, and Tully Banta-Cain. Not to mention free agent signings Ted Washington, Colvin, Tyrone Poole, Rodney Harrison, Probably a few more but I can't remember. Then they went on to win the next two super bowls. I think the 09 team has the potential to be the best team the Pats ever had
    Posted by mikec645[/QUOTE]

Maybe people are over estimating the Patriots.....

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from krismk. Show krismk's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to I think people are still underestimating Belichick and the Pats : Maybe people are over estimating the Patriots.....
    Posted by BubbaInHawaii[/QUOTE]

Possibly, but they are obviously the measuring stick for other teams.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Trox1. Show Trox1's posts

[QUOTE]Believe me, I think anyone with any football knowledge would have to be crazy to underestimate the Patriots, especially with the return of Tom Brady. He's a terrific player, and even though he is a nightmare for opposing teams, I'm glad he's back. Even though I'm a Steeler fan, Its good to see him back because even though we won in New  England last year, it was a hollow victory for fans like me. Although the Steelers sacked Casell's a few times last year, if Brady would have been in there, he would have gotten rid of the ball, probably to Welker over the middle or to Faulk out of the backfield. The Steelers defense is good against the run, but the pass defense isn't as good as alot of our fans think. I hate to say it but Brady will kill them all day with the quick passes, and as soon as the Steelers start concentrating on The Short passes, Brady will beat them deep with a long pass down the middle. Even so, it's good to have him back because you should always want to play against the best, if you really want to call yourself a champion!
    Posted by Steelcurtain75[/QUOTE]

Damn good to see a Steeler fan that respects the Pats and isn't a troll.  You got a great team this year it could very well come down to our teams in the AFC championship this year.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Trox1. Show Trox1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to I think people are still underestimating Belichick and the Pats : Maybe people are over estimating the Patriots.....
    Posted by BubbaInHawaii[/QUOTE]

It would be very difficult to overrate the Pats this year.  The last year Brady played they went 18-0 heading into the Superbowl and were up with under 2 minutes remaining.  They broke all kinds of offensive records, but struggled at times on defense.

This year the defense is slightly improved to drastically improved from 2007. The offense on paper is better.  Those aren't my opinions their facts.  They may not score more points than in 2007 due to either injuries, or variance.  Make no mistake though their OL, WR's, TE's and RB's are better and deeper and thats not really debatable either.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from diiidiii73. Show diiidiii73's posts

they do that very season,no surprise,they are still the team to beat and we have some an finished bussiness ,moss this season is for you go fit your ring size now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!