I tried to tell you....but few would listen..

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

I tried to tell you....but few would listen..

Instead I was set upon by Broomhilda and her ally the King of the Tin Foil Hat Fools that there never was an infection, it was a Ron Borges conspiracy, it was all fake...

The articles I included clearly outlined what was going to happen. Having lost my Dad to a hospital infection I'll try again.

When a forgien body part, aka steel plate, contains an infection, it's so very, very difficult to get rid of it.

The infection prevents the break from healing. It also damages the healthy bone where the plate is attached. This is what happened to Rob.

You can only change the plate so many times....do you get that Broomhilda?

Only when they are CERTAIN, CERTAIN BEYOND ANY DOUBT, that the infection is gone they will go in one more time, a 4th surgery.

REMEMBER...you too Broomhilda...that they must replace the plate with a longer plate that reaches back to healthy bone as the infections destroy the bone where the plate was originally attached.

I tried to honestly write my own sad experiences regarding infections and I told you how the Gronk thing would go.

Instead I was belittled and called a Troll and what have you's....

Check the record...well...only if facts matter...

Thank-You

http://bostonherald.com/sports/patriots_nfl/new_england_patriots/2013/05/rob_gronkowski_faces_4th_surgery

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Re: I tried to tell you....but few would listen..

Understood - thanks for the link - hope Gronk's infection is cleared up.  Regardless your experience, this will re-ignite the allegations that the Pats medical staff (or whoever performed the surgery) botched the procedure.  As you well know, ignorance is the most difficult infection of all to cure.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from LittleTimmy31. Show LittleTimmy31's posts

Was Gronk's break a complete break or just a hairline fracture? Why didn't they just put his arm in a 'normal' cast and after 6 - 8 weeks take it off? This whole thing is becoming a sorted affair! A mishap that could cost Gronk some serious playing time!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

need additional depth at TE to compete during camp?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

In response to NoMorePensionLooting's comment:

Instead I was set upon by Broomhilda and her ally the King of the Tin Foil Hat Fools that there never was an infection, it was a Ron Borges conspiracy, it was all fake...

The articles I included clearly outlined what was going to happen. Having lost my Dad to a hospital infection I'll try again.

When a forgien body part, aka steel plate, contains an infection, it's so very, very difficult to get rid of it.

The infection prevents the break from healing. It also damages the healthy bone where the plate is attached. This is what happened to Rob.

You can only change the plate so many times....do you get that Broomhilda?

Only when they are CERTAIN, CERTAIN BEYOND ANY DOUBT, that the infection is gone they will go in one more time, a 4th surgery.

REMEMBER...you too Broomhilda...that they must replace the plate with a longer plate that reaches back to healthy bone as the infections destroy the bone where the plate was originally attached.

I tried to honestly write my own sad experiences regarding infections and I told you how the Gronk thing would go.

Instead I was belittled and called a Troll and what have you's....

Check the record...well...only if facts matter...

Thank-You

http://bostonherald.com/sports/patriots_nfl/new_england_patriots/2013/05/rob_gronkowski_faces_4th_surgery

Sorry about the loss of your dad.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

We went through this before, and my Dad’s been gone for awhile, but thanks for your kind words.

All I tried to do before was to explain how these infections work and how the complication of a foreign part in the body raised significant issues in terms of clearing it up. I was even correct in that for awhile they took the plate out of Gronks arm in an attempt to completely rid his body of the infection.

A 4th surgery was always on the table. Not surprised that the Patriots wanted it held close to the vest. I tried to present my post with facts as well as life experience and did so as matter of factly as I could. Instead I was labeled by some as a trouble maker, making up stories, trolling and the like. On what grounds I never understood but I always knew that the 4th surgery was inevitable.

I hope they let Gronk heal beyond 100% and feel it’s likely he may well be a PUP candidate to begin the season. You can’t keep adding bigger plates in him arm and this thing needs to end with the 4th surgery.  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptnFoxboro. Show CaptnFoxboro's posts

surgery was inevitable.

I hope they let Gronk heal beyond 100% and feel it’s likely he may well be a PUP candidate to begin the season. You can’t keep adding bigger plates in him arm and this thing needs to end with the 4th surgery.  

Agree  ...

Pats need to make sure beyond a shadow of a doubt that Gronk's arm is 100% .

Our last two playoff losses proved he's too just too valuable a commodity to take any chances with.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

No matter how long it has been, I'm sorry for the loss of your father due to this.  I seriously doubt I was one who gave you any crap about your original post or experience with this as I have no experience with this matter so any information you provide is very interesting to me since you have experience with this type of stuff.

So this may seem like a silly question but how do they know the infection is clearly gone?  X-rays? CT scan?  From the article I read on PFT it states this...

"The real question, however, is whether the fourth procedure finds that Gronkowski has infected tissue in his forearm. If he does have an infection, he would then need a fifth operation. At that point, his availability for the regular season could be in question. So Gronkowski and the Patriots are hoping the fourth surgery is the last."

So to me it sounds like they have to do a fourth surgery to see if there is anymore infection and if there is then he will need a 5th surgery.  So, If they go in the fourth surgery and find infection what will they do at that point?  I'm a little confused here.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

http://surgery.about.com/od/aftersurgery/qt/SignsInfections.htm

Blood work as well.

If I had to guess, I would wager the plate has been out for awhile. That way the infection can be eliminated.

Once the infection can be proven to be eliminated, beyond any doubt, they will replace the plate with a longer one and hope to heck the infection does not return.

There is a limit as to how many times the plate can be replaced in that area.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

Actually your original post about a foreign object in the body and how it practically promotes infection was more of an education for me.  Didn't really know about any of that but at the time I thought it made perfect sense.  Thanks.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Like Gronk, the board has an infection as well. They have operated 20+ times on the worst infection. But he keeps coming back.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

My objection in the original thread was that the Herald was treating the worst case scenario as if it was happening for sure.  The fact is that if the infection is gone when they go in to put the new plate he should be ready for week 1.  As far as I can tell this hasn't changed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

There's still PUP and that new IR designation. Let him get healthy this time. I'd much rather have him 6 games before the playoffs start then have him for 6 games then go on IR. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

The biggest problem you had here was Borges.  You would have been better off going by your own experiences.  People pay attention when someone has lost a loved one from an operation or procedure of some kind.  

I also read some where and was surprised to see that this operation was going to happen anyway.  I'll try to find it and post it here.  I forget the reasons too.  I shrugged it off thinking okay then.  

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

Like Gronk, the board has an infection as well. They have operated 20+ times on the worst infection. But he keeps coming back.

Laughing Laughing

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

Very sorry to hear of your dad's loss. I know a little about infections and how our white blood cells immediately attack the foreign matter. Taught biology. If Gronk had a low WBC count, they'd know of it. As far as a steel plate, I believe that's just a misnomer. Titatium is the metal of choice that is highly acceptable by our human bodies unless he has an allergic manifestation to it. I'm not a MD, but there are probably multiple materials used to repair these kind of injuries. Some of you know that I'm a Gents' fan and irregardless I have empathy for any injury sustained in any sport. Hope he recovers without further complications. The League needs players of his ability. That's what makes this game so exciting to watch. Good luck Gronk. The beast of the east.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

In response to GEAUX-TIGRES' comment:

Very sorry to hear of your dad's loss. I know a little about infections and how our white blood cells immediately attack the foreign matter. Taught biology. If Gronk had a low WBC count, they'd know of it. As far as a steel plate, I believe that's just a misnomer. Titatium is the metal of choice that is highly acceptable by our human bodies unless he has an allergic manifestation to it. I'm not a MD, but there are probably multiple materials used to repair these kind of injuries. Some of you know that I'm a Gents' fan and irregardless I have empathy for any injury sustained in any sport. Hope he recovers without further complications. The League needs players of his ability. That's what makes this game so exciting to watch. Good luck Gronk. The beast of the east.

I don't consider you a troll your input is fact based. I don't understand why they even use metal with the synthetics that are available today. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

So very true about synthetics. Seeing all these negative adds on the tube by attorney firms looking to cash in on legitimate detrimental issues, I wonder if that is the way to go. Those meshes for example are causing some serious health problems to their patients. What say you?

Sections
Shortcuts