I truly hope Brandon Lloyd is going to work out?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYPat. Show NYPat's posts

I truly hope Brandon Lloyd is going to work out?

Brandon Lloyd just can’t seem to get on the same page as Brady. I am sure I am reading too much into it but even in his post interview Lloyd seemed very uncomfortable?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brady2Moss07. Show Brady2Moss07's posts

Re: I truly hope Brandon Lloyd is going to work out?

Brady needs time to throw to him

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

It's too early to worry, I think.  Lloyd has apparently looked good in practice.  There are lots of kinks still to work out in the offense, but I suspect it will come together before the games start. 

I can't say I've watched every play carefully enough to be sure, but I will say I haven't noticed Lloyd getting as much separation as I had hoped for.  But that may be because I haven't been paying close enough attention.  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYPat. Show NYPat's posts

I hear you guys. I know it was just a preseason game – I really don’t like it when Brady gets that look – too many bad memories with that look.:)

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Perhaps Lloyd looked uncomfortable because he is realizing the Pats haven't been a "deep ball" team for 5 years. And really not a lot before that. Lloyd is going to have to be able to run intermediate routes and know what the option routes are for his position. It is not easy to learn our system in 1 off season. Just ask 6 time pro bowler Chad J.

Brady at 35 might not be able to throw those 40 yarders like he could when he was younger. We need to focus on what we did the last few years, mid field passing and more usage of the run game(runs,screens etc.) just mix up the play calling. What it all comes down to is being able to extend drives and score a few more points in the big games and we in another SB. Lloyd isn't the difference in that aspect. Josh McDaniels is.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In Response to Re: I truly hope Brandon Lloyd is going to work out?:
    Brady needs time to throw to him
    Posted by Brady2Moss07

Agreed.  Sounds like it's working in practice, just not in games.  Have a few weeks to get this O-Line problem fixed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Why are we worried about Llyod all the sudden? From all reports he has looked like the best player in camp on offense. The line had a lot more to do with Brady and him not hooking up last night - Brady couldn't throw anything longer than 5 yards without risking his life. The only thing I worry with Lloyd is that he's bipolar or something. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Brandon Lloyd managed one catch for 12 yards in the Patriots' third preseason game Friday night against Tampa Bay.
    Like the rest of New England's first-team offense, Lloyd has appeared in the first and third preseason games. Lloyd did draw a pass interference call against Bucs CB Leonard Johnson on Friday, but he's seen only three targets in two exhibition games, securing just the one. Lloyd dominated enough in training camp practices and is a good enough player in a good enough offense that we find it difficult to be concerned. We like him as a top-ten fantasy receiver.

According to the Boston Globe, Tom Brady and Brandon Lloyd haven't appeared to have an "instant chemistry" this preseason.
    Lloyd has just one catch for 12 yards on three exhibition targets, and the duo seemed out-of-sync against the Bucs on Friday. Beat writer Greg Bedard confirms it looks like they've been "playing together for years" in practice, however, and they've "routinely made big plays." Expect them to start clicking immediately once the real games begin. Brady hasn't exactly lit up the preseason, either.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

No need to worry just yet. .....

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYPat. Show NYPat's posts

I am just sharing my thoughts here - I was hoping to see them play much better last night. I would be lying if I said I am not concerned.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Why are we worried about Llyod all the sudden? From all reports he has looked like the best player in camp on offense. The line had a lot more to do with Brady and him not hooking up last night - Brady couldn't throw anything longer than 5 yards without risking his life. The only thing I worry with Lloyd is that he's bipolar or something. 
    Posted by mthurl

Worried about Lloyd, worried about O Line... I'm starting to see a pattern.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Worry that Waters shows up and that Vollmer stays healthy, don't worry about Lloyd. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

Worry that Waters shows up and that Vollmer stays healthy, don't worry about Lloyd. 
    Posted by 49Patriots

That's the way I see it.   Lloyd will be fine, we need Vollmer to stay healthy this year.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rerun85. Show Rerun85's posts

Lloyd looks good to me and from all reports he's working out and practicing very well. No worries.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

Perhaps Lloyd looked uncomfortable because he is realizing the Pats haven't been a "deep ball" team for 5 years. And really not a lot before that. Lloyd is going to have to be able to run intermediate routes and know what the option routes are for his position. It is not easy to learn our system in 1 off season. Just ask 6 time pro bowler Chad J.  Brady at 35 might not be able to throw those 40 yarders like he could when he was younger. We need to focus on what we did the last few years, mid field passing and more usage of the run game(runs,screens etc.) just mix up the play calling. What it all comes down to is being able to extend drives and score a few more points in the big games and we in another SB. Lloyd isn't the difference in that aspect. Josh McDaniels is.
    Posted by TrueChamp

I agree. Brady isn't going to throw too many 40 yarders anymore.  He doesn't need to either. I don't think his arm  is going to be what it was 10 years ago and he needs time to throw those long passes. I may be wrong but I don't remember seeing a ball thrown over 10 yards in the air until the 3rd qtr.  Brady is the smartest QB in the league and is going to  lead this offense to a lot of points this year. His short to intermediate game is near unstoppable. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

Hakuna Matata!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In Response to Re: I truly hope Brandon Lloyd is going to work out? : Worried about Lloyd, worried about O Line... I'm starting to see a pattern.
    Posted by wozzy

We haven't even touched on the long snapper position yet! BB needs to start drafting 1st round long snappers....it's obvious!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

It could be worse, you could have a whole lot more to be worrying about if we were Jets fans!!   Bwahahahahahahahaha!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

In Response to Re: I truly hope Brandon Lloyd is going to work out? : We haven't even touched on the long snapper position yet! BB needs to start drafting 1st round long snappers....it's obvious!
    Posted by TrueChamp

Lol and holders too.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatFanInBA2. Show PatFanInBA2's posts

In Response to Re: I truly hope Brandon Lloyd is going to work out? : We haven't even touched on the long snapper position yet! BB needs to start drafting 1st round long snappers....it's obvious!
    Posted by TrueChamp

Thanks for bringing that out - that was my #1 worry.

#2 was Field goal unit holder..

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Someone mentioned the real concern is Vollmer and Waters coming back...couldn't agree more. If this Water's thing is about money, then shame on us. We have ten million in cap space right now - Waters performed above and beyond expectations last year - he may deserve a little more. Even if it's not about the money, I'd get on the phone and say, hey Waters, not sure if this about money, but would another million and a half help you make up your mind?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatFanInBA2. Show PatFanInBA2's posts

In Response to Re: I truly hope Brandon Lloyd is going to work out? : Lol and holders too.
    Posted by sporter81

damn.. i did not see your post... can't believe we are worried about the same thing..

We are thinking ahead..

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

Someone mentioned the real concern is Vollmer and Waters coming back...couldn't agree more. If this Water's thing is about money, then shame on us. We have ten million in cap space right now - Waters performed above and beyond expectations last year - he may deserve a little more. Even if it's not about the money, I'd get on the phone and say, hey Waters, not sure if this about money, but would another million and a half help you make up your mind?
    Posted by mthurl

I still think Waters is just excused from camp.

I believe he would have announced his retirement a long time ago if that was his intent.  I don't believe he is still in the contemplating stage.

Anyhow,  I think Brady and Lloyd will be just fine.

And hey, if it dosen't work out atleast Lloyd's  wearing the right number for it.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In Response to Re: I truly hope Brandon Lloyd is going to work out? : damn.. i did not see your post... can't believe we are worried about the same thing.. We are thinking ahead..
    Posted by PatFanInBA2

You know what really scares me?  Those kids who catch the football for the QBs during warm ups. Heck if one of them drops a ball someone could get hurt.  I can't sleep at night worrying about that . . . 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

I don't think that Waters holding out is about money, I think its just an agreement that BB had with him that would allow him to sit out the camp and return right before the season starts, like last year. Waters was thinking about retirement after the super bowl. He's been a good player in the league for a long time and imo going through a long camp in the heat of the summer only makes a guy like him lean more towards retirement. I think BB said to relax and take the summer off, come back mentally and physically fresh to start the season. Waters really doesn't need the reps at this point of his career as a guard. This would explain why there has been no announcement of retirement and his locker is still there. Just another smart move by BB imo.

We are going to be fine, this is our year!

Sections
Shortcuts