I truly hope Brandon Lloyd is going to work out?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

Re: I truly hope Brandon Lloyd is going to work out?

In Response to Re: I truly hope Brandon Lloyd is going to work out?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: I truly hope Brandon Lloyd is going to work out? : I still think Waters is just excused from camp. I believe he would have announced his retirement a long time ago if that was his intent.  I don't believe he is still in the contemplating stage. Anyhow,  I think Brady and Lloyd will be just fine. And hey, if it dosen't work out atleast Lloyd's  wearing the right number for it.
    Posted by Salcon[/QUOTE

Damn! Its nice to see a person with REAL knowledge of the game! Salcon, you got it right with Waters in IMO. I wish everybody would stop worrying about what they are seeing in these televised practices. I can tell that you played the game before. I wish others had. NICE POST! Lloyd will make us proud and Waters has earned his break!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: I truly hope Brandon Lloyd is going to work out? : [QUOTE]In Response to Re: I truly hope Brandon Lloyd is going to work out? : I still think Waters is just excused from camp. I believe he would have announced his retirement a long time ago if that was his intent.  I don't believe he is still in the contemplating stage. Anyhow,  I think Brady and Lloyd will be just fine. And hey, if it dosen't work out atleast Lloyd's  wearing the right number for it. Posted by Salcon[/QUOTE Damn! Its nice to see a person with REAL knowledge of the game! Salcon, you got it right with Waters in IMO. I wish everybody would stop worrying about what they are seeing in these televised practices. I can tell that you played the game before. I wish others had. NICE POST! Lloyd will make us proud and Waters has earned his break!
    Posted by RallyC[/QUOTE]
    Thanks.

FIY and anyone else, that last line was meant as a joke.

People, don't read too much into what Brady and Lloyd are doing in these pre season games.

Relax, take a deep breath.  The real season is just two weeks away.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: I truly hope Brandon Lloyd is going to work out? : Agreed.  Sounds like it's working in practice, just not in games.  Have a few weeks to get this O-Line problem fixed.
    Posted by TFB12[/QUOTE]

Think Brian Waters is gone? I'll be happier if Vollmer is healthy and Mankins is back in the swing of things.

I have this theory that Brian Waters is secretly staging the classiest holdout ever. No talk. No drama. Neither side speaks. But he wants money to come back.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatFanInBA2. Show PatFanInBA2's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: I truly hope Brandon Lloyd is going to work out? : You know what really scares me?  Those kids who catch the football for the QBs during warm ups. Heck if one of them drops a ball someone could get hurt.  I can't sleep at night worrying about that . . . 
    Posted by prolate0spheroid[/QUOTE]

you are right - did not think about that...

now you have ruined my sleep habits as well... damn.!!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

There's no need to showcase Lloyd in pre-season. Its not about winning, preseason is primarily about valuating players, positional needs and working on skills. Brady's work in practice with Lloyd will become apparent once the regular season starts.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

ummmm, can't throw intermediate or long passes when opposing D is getting to QB in a hurry....

OL, TE, RBs...have to buy QB time w/ better blocking. Coaches need to do better job of play calling. Plus, it's still pre-season.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

[QUOTE]Perhaps Lloyd looked uncomfortable because he is realizing the Pats haven't been a "deep ball" team for 5 years. And really not a lot before that. Lloyd is going to have to be able to run intermediate routes and know what the option routes are for his position. It is not easy to learn our system in 1 off season. Just ask 6 time pro bowler Chad J.  Brady at 35 might not be able to throw those 40 yarders like he could when he was younger. We need to focus on what we did the last few years, mid field passing and more usage of the run game(runs,screens etc.) just mix up the play calling. What it all comes down to is being able to extend drives and score a few more points in the big games and we in another SB. Lloyd isn't the difference in that aspect. Josh McDaniels is.
    Posted by TrueChamp[/QUOTE]

True, Brady was never special at throwing the deep ball. Moss either got wide open or made great catches. Brady is great under 25 yards and in reading the D (and pre-reading the D before the play even starts).

I agree if another sentiment of yours in another post though - and that is that we could use an improved D and I think by the last 4 regular season games you will clearly see it (if we dont get too many injuries and if we dont see it sooner than that, like game 1!).

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: I truly hope Brandon Lloyd is going to work out? : True, Brady was never special at throwing the deep ball. Moss either got wide open or made great catches. Brady is great under 25 yards and in reading the D (and pre-reading the D before the play even starts). I agree if another sentiment of yours in another post though - and that is that we could use an improved D and I think by the last 4 regular season games you will clearly see it (if we dont get too many injuries and if we dont see it sooner than that, like game 1!).
    Posted by portfolio1[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that's why I said it. Do you agree that using the mid field and short field passing routes, screens, run plays, and checkdowns(with occasional down field looks) is more of a "ball control offense"? Do you agree that this type of offense can actually play a "complimentary" role to the defense? You know by increasing TOP, getting better field position, as in lower risk plays may result in shorter yardage and not always scoring a td, but it will eat up clock and get our defense a little more rest/better field position?

A ball control offense helps a defense. This is not a revolutionary point of view. It has always been this way, and it always will be.

Sections
Shortcuts