I Want Answers

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

Re: I Want Answers

In response to MelWitt's comment:

ESPN hates BB because he doesn't play the game they want him to...I mean "the MEDIA" game...he's a bad interview, he plays things close to the vest, he's not glib when they DEMAND that he be, he makes their job difficult...that's why they love Rex Ryan, the endless running mouth...that's what this is REALLY all about..it has nothing to do with morality...BB makes their job more difficult..what a collection of maggots..the press bites ands it always has...just vultures without wings.

Yup... Controversy sells. If there is none, media can always try to create it. Some folks in the NFL are willing to play their game. BB is not.

BB's non-cooperation should not be a problem, in theory. But it is, because media feels entitled to being answered to, on everything. The truth is, it's not. But media won't take that.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to Muzwell's comment:

In response to rkarp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

2) the team should dole out penalties, suspensions and/or banishments(referencing Dennard, not much more they could do with Hern)with a strong message, not waiting for the NFL to dole out punishment

I disagree. When the NFL mandates such action or every team in the NFL agrees to take such action, then fine. But, give me one reason why the New England Patriots should do this when nobody else is required to, and nobody else does?  

Denver did this week. The Jets will once Goodsons trial is over. I hope the Pats do after Dennerds hearing, and they do not wait for the NFL to act. Pats should give him 4 games if he is found guilty, and not wait for the NFL to act.

Hernandez is off the team, he's a non-issue as far as the Patriots are concerned. Dennard will get whatever he gets from the league, subject to the CBA (which everybody seems to gloss over). Why should the Patriots go beyond that? 

To send a message to its players that criminal behavior may or may not be acceptable on other teams, but it is unacceptable if you wish to play for the NE Pats...I would hoipe every team would have the same policy, and also hope the NFL would make it mandatory, but the NFLPA may not allow that

[/QUOTE]

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to ATJ's comment:

If this thread does go south I'll ask BDC to close it.  I started the thread to make a point; not have it turn into yet another adolescent pi$$ing contest.

What point were you trying to make?

1.  Murder and theft are the same.

2.  An unknown legislative assistant is covered by the media as much as an All-Pro tight end.

Or was it something else?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

In response to ghostofjri37's comment:

I still don't understand why we are having this converstaion. AH was arrested and 1.5 hrs later he was cut. The team by cutting him exposed themselves to a 12.5 mil dollar cap hit and most likely they have lost the ability to regroup any of the bonus money.

What besides those actions, the written statement and Kraft's statement should they be persuing?

I will also bet that once they finalize their internal findings we will be presented with another statement from either Kraft himself or the team regarding what they expect from the players and employees in regards to personal conduct.

Did one of RKarp's responses to this post of your get removed? That was quick.

It was the final straw that confirmed to me that Karp is a Pats hater posing as a Pats fan here. 

Did he mention that he's been intimidated by some Pats players? I'd be a Pats hater too if that happened to me. But why pretend all this time that he does not hate the Pats? Suggests an agenda here. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

In response to seattlepat70's comment:

[QUOTE]

I still don't understand why we are having this converstaion. AH was arrested and 1.5 hrs later he was cut. The team by cutting him exposed themselves to a 12.5 mil dollar cap hit and most likely they have lost the ability to regroup any of the bonus money.

What besides those actions, the written statement and Kraft's statement should they be persuing?

I will also bet that once they finalize their internal findings we will be presented with another statement from either Kraft himself or the team regarding what they expect from the players and employees in regards to personal conduct.

It was the final straw that confirmed to me that Karp is a Pats hater posing as a Pats fan here. 

Did he mention that he's been intimidated by some Pats players? I'd be a Pats hater too if that happened to me. But why pretend all this time that he does not hate the Pats? Suggests an agenda here. 

[/QUOTE]

My bad. It was not removed. RKarp posted it on the other thread - ..."duped" not enough.

• rkarp
    • First: 1/29/2008
    • Last: 7/16/2013

I get many hear on BDC simply dont care. I do. I live in a community where many of these guys live and socialize (players and team employees), and I work in a job that often times interacts with these guys.

What do you mean by that? Do you fear for your safety because Patriots players are sociopaths, or always driving drunk? That BB is stocking his team with criminals to such an extent that your family is in jeopardy from marauding bands of players and team employees? That's a bit much don't you think?

I will leave it at that some of these guys can be very scary, and if you did something they dont like, they can make it very, very tenuous. I guy like Mankins for instance, can give off the impression that he will simply beat you up....and yes, some of the players give a very, very clear message, they would do much more than beat you up. 

No sense in naming any other Pats players other than the example of Mankins, because he has always been a gentleman, even when he was heavily criticized over his contract...I will point out however that over the years Felger has been very afraid in numerous situations...and did take steps to make his mind at ease.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

If this thread does go south I'll ask BDC to close it.  I started the thread to make a point; not have it turn into yet another adolescent pi$$ing contest.

2.  An unknown legislative assistant is covered by the media as much as an All-Pro tight end.

Although I detect a hint of snark in your question, I'll respond candidly.   My point was (and remains) that BB is no more responsible for AH's behavior than Michele Bachmann is for her staffer's.  Accordingly, no further explanation is necessary nor should one be forthcoming in either case.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

You know it just seems to me based on the tenor of his posts and the type of threads he starts that either the orginization or someone in the orginization has wronged him somehow.

I will say I have to agree with you there seems to be some type of agenda with his threads and posts.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

In response to russgriswold's comment:

What names do I call people who disagree and explain why they do disagree with me? Now, if you're saying I call an arrogant person who doesn't want to learn anything a troll or someone who lacks critical thinking skills or comprehension (as they talk down to me), a name, then fine.  I am might call them dumb or something, if they act it, yes.  If they aren't intelligent enough to engage and contribute and don't know it, someone needs to tell them.

So do you think of yourself as the message board intelligence police? LOL

If someone seems "dumb" you see it as your (duty) to tell them?

Don't take the board so seriously man.....I like to call people out who are acting like idiots too, but who am I to be the judge of their stupidity? With people like Babe, it's better to just accept the brainlessness!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

I disagree. When the NFL mandates such action or every team in the NFL agrees to take such action, then fine. But, give me one reason why the New England Patriots should do this when nobody else is required to, and nobody else does?  

Denver did this week. The Jets will once Goodsons trial is over. I hope the Pats do after Dennerds hearing, and they do not wait for the NFL to act. Pats should give him 4 games if he is found guilty, and not wait for the NFL to act.

Hernandez is off the team, he's a non-issue as far as the Patriots are concerned. Dennard will get whatever he gets from the league, subject to the CBA (which everybody seems to gloss over). Why should the Patriots go beyond that? 

To send a message to its players that criminal behavior may or may not be acceptable on other teams, but it is unacceptable if you wish to play for the NE Pats...I would hoipe every team would have the same policy, and also hope the NFL would make it mandatory, but the NFLPA may not allow that

[QUOTE]

I guess we're just not going to agree on this one. I don't think the Pats should hamstring themselves with policies more restrictive or harsher than other teams concerning off-field behavior. There is a CBA which limits what teams and the league can do and they should go by those guidelines.

Obviously, as in the case of AH, they can always release any player. But to say they need to start disciplining players more harshly than any other team in the league....I'm not on board. 

By my interepretation of the rules, by the way, the most the NFL can do to Dennard if he's guilty of DUI is fine him two games pay. They can't suspend him because it's a substance abuse issue, not a personal conduct issue and that's the penalty for a first time DUI.

I suppose they could take the position that a parole violation (if that's found by the court) is a subsequent offense under the PC policy and suspend him 4 games for that, but I imagine the union would fight that on the grounds that the incident leading to that violation occurred before he was in the league.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostatewarrior. Show bostatewarrior's posts

Since when is it a crime to steal in Washington?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

[QUOTE]

I guess we're just not going to agree on this one. I don't think the Pats should hamstring themselves with policies more restrictive or harsher than other teams concerning off-field behavior. There is a CBA which limits what teams and the league can do and they should go by those guidelines.

Obviously, as in the case of AH, they can always release any player. But to say they need to start disciplining players more harshly than any other team in the league....I'm not on board. 

By my interepretation of the rules, by the way, the most the NFL can do to Dennard if he's guilty of DUI is fine him two games pay. They can't suspend him because it's a substance abuse issue, not a personal conduct issue and that's the penalty for a first time DUI.

I suppose they could take the position that a parole violation (if that's found by the court) is a subsequent offense under the PC policy and suspend him 4 games for that, but I imagine the union would fight that on the grounds that the incident leading to that violation occurred before he was in the league.

per Reiss, it seems the Nebraska prosecutors are trying to revoke his probation. I would assume that would mean jail time immediately, right? If that is the case, should we assume the Pats then cut him immediately?

LINCOLN, Neb. -- Nebraska prosecutors are moving to have probation revoked for New England Patriots defensive back Alfonzo Dennard.

Online court records say an arraignment on the revocation motion is scheduled for July 31.

The 23-year-old Dennard was pulled over in Lincoln, Neb., early Thursday morning and is charged with first-offense drunken driving, refusing a chemical test and a traffic infraction.

It was Dennard's second arrest in 15 months. The former Cornhuskers star hasn't served a 30-day jail sentence for assaulting a police officer and resisting arrest outside a Lincoln bar on April 21, 2012. That term is scheduled to begin next March. He also was sentenced to two years of probation.

His attorney from the 2012 case didn't immediately return a call Tuesday from The Associated Press.

Dennard is required to report to the Patriots on Thursday, July 25, and the Patriots' first open practice is July 26. The team said in a statement last week that it was "extremely disappointed" to learn of his recent arrest and was working to gather more information on the incident.

Information from ESPNBoston.com's Mike Reiss and The Associated Press was used in this

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

You are correct and you've done your homework. RKrap doesn't do his, speaks with some kind of authority, raves about other organizations, bashes ours relentlessly, and as usual, is completely inaccurate.

I relentlessly bash the Pats? BWAHAHAHAHA!

NE might suspend Dennard for additional games if they wish, but 2 is the max for first time offenders.

He is a 2nd time offender, but it appears a moot point as the prsecution is attempting to revoke his probation.

As for his probation situation, he'll probably have to serve time in jail next spring, where it likely would have been eliminated for good behavior during his probation.

What good behavior during his probation? He was arrested again for dui....

I do wish there was some firm charge backed by evidence from the police with Dennard. The Denver front office guy was hammered and drove into the cop car.

[/QUOTE]

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonSportsFan111. Show BostonSportsFan111's posts

BB: You want answers? RKARP: I think I'm entitled to them. BB: You want answers? RKARP: I want the truth! BB: You can't handle the truth! Son, we live in a world where football games have to be won. And those games have to be won by men with talent. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Rusty? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for more information and you curse the Patriot way. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know: that drafting Hernandez, while he duped us, probably won games.  And my way of dealing with the media, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, wins games...You don't want the truth. Because deep down, in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on drafting guys who can play. You need me drafting guys that can play. We use words like "it is what it is", and "we don't talk about players who aren't with the team"...we use these words as the backbone to a life spent defending something. You use 'em as a punchline. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very excellent team I provide, then questions the manner in which I provide it! I'd rather you just said thank you and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a helmet and run a post pattern. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you're entitled to! RKARP: Did you order the Hernandez pick? BB: (quietly) I did the job I'm paid to do. RKARP: Did you order the Hernandez pick??? BB: You're goddamn right I did!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

In response to BostonSportsFan111's comment:

BB: You want answers? RKARP: I think I'm entitled to them. BB: You want answers? RKARP: I want the truth! BB: You can't handle the truth! Son, we live in a world where football games have to be won. And those games have to be won by men with talent. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Rusty? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for more information and you curse the Patriot way. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know: that drafting Hernandez, while he duped us, probably won games.  And my way of dealing with the media, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, wins games...You don't want the truth. Because deep down, in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on drafting guys who can play. You need me drafting guys that can play. We use words like "it is what it is", and "we don't talk about players who aren't with the team"...we use these words as the backbone to a life spent defending something. You use 'em as a punchline. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very excellent team I provide, then questions the manner in which I provide it! I'd rather you just said thank you and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a helmet and run a post pattern. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you're entitled to! RKARP: Did you draft Hernandez? BB: (quietly) I did the job I'm paid to do. RKARP: Did you draft Hernandez?? BB: You're goddamn right I did!!

Yet another rendition of the famous speech by Jessup. A good one.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

RKARP: Did you draft Hernandez?? BB: You're goddamn right I did!!

This is greatness.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonSportsFan111. Show BostonSportsFan111's posts

In response to Salcon's comment:

RKARP: Did you draft Hernandez?? BB: You're goddamn right I did!!

This is greatness.

I edited the original posting of this to align with the original...

RKARP: Did you order the Hernandez pick??? BB: You're goddamn right I did!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

This is an outrage!  Michele Bachmann owes the people of the United States of America an explanation:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/post-politics/wp/2013/07/15/michele-bachmann-staffer-javier-sanchez-arrested/

Or does she?  If not, then neither does Belichick owe anyone an explanation.

Good post

It's funny how people will get worked up over sport's teams, reality TV, the news, court cases...

Every day politicians steal billions of dollars from US, the U S in USA stands for us.  

But when time comes for Americans to stand up and protest, they do it in front of their TV and call those protesters bad things so they feel better about themselves.  

How about showing some indignation for people and corporations who deserve it, leave my sport's team alone.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

You know it just seems to me based on the tenor of his posts and the type of threads he starts that either the orginization or someone in the orginization has wronged him somehow.

I will say I have to agree with you there seems to be some type of agenda with his threads and posts.

[/QUOTE]

"Seems"? I had RKrap pegged 3 years ago with his agenda.   Do you have me on ignore or something? Just curious. I laid out his agenda on a platter for the entire board to see. Don't let him or his sheepish approach as he backpedals, fool you.

He is a Jets fan who poses as a Pats fan. Said it from the start.

[/QUOTE]

Russ I don't have anyone on ignore. Based on the tone and tenor of the board lately I try and be very selective with my posts.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

My bad. It was not removed. RKarp posted it on the other thread - ..."duped" not enough.

• rkarp

I get many hear on BDC simply dont care. I do. I live in a community where many of these guys live and socialize (players and team employees), and I work in a job that often times interacts with these guys.

What do you mean by that? Do you fear for your safety because Patriots players are sociopaths, or always driving drunk? That BB is stocking his team with criminals to such an extent that your family is in jeopardy from marauding bands of players and team employees? That's a bit much don't you think?

I will leave it at that some of these guys can be very scary, and if you did something they dont like, they can make it very, very tenuous. I guy like Mankins for instance, can give off the impression that he will simply beat you up....and yes, some of the players give a very, very clear message, they would do much more than beat you up. 

No sense in naming any other Pats players other than the example of Mankins, because he has always been a gentleman, even when he was heavily criticized over his contract...I will point out however that over the years Felger has been very afraid in numerous situations...and did take steps to make his mind at ease.

[/QUOTE]

funny but as much as i hate a bully and a jock a**hole and people who use their physical size and/or punk behavior to intimidate others-and whenever they get what's coming to them i smile and feel real good and wish they got it worse, whatever the retribution-i hate the media even more

and when some cocky, thinks he's the s**t journalism grad or BSPN joker or some nerdy smart*ss go out of their way to needle, and start trouble, to ask the exact kind of question at the exact worst time just to try and get a reaction - and then have the gall to play the victim and say "we are only doing our job" etc...-well good for the players and i wouldn't have a problem if a few of them stuffed them in the lockers or clocked them real good - cowing the sports press is fine by me

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonSportsFan111. Show BostonSportsFan111's posts

In response to 42AND46's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

• rkarp

[/QUOTE]

funny but as much as i hate a bully and a jock a**hole and people who use their physical size and/or punk behavior to intimidate others-and whenever they get what's coming to them i smile and feel real good and wish they got it worse, whatever the retribution-i hate the media even more

and when some cocky, thinks he's the s**t journalism grad or BSPN joker or some nerdy smart*ss go out of their way to needle, and start trouble, to ask the exact kind of question at the exact worst time just to try and get a reaction - and then have the gall to play the victim and say "we are only doing our job" etc...-well good for the players and i wouldn't have a problem if a few of them stuffed them in the lockers or clocked them real good - cowing the sports press is fine by me

[/QUOTE]

Funny how one of this was headline news for months on ESPN...

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/441629-jay-mariotti-arrest-the-espn-sportscaster-curse-strikes-again

http://www.azfamily.com/news/local/ESPN-employee-charged-with-assaulting-an-officer-125585728.html

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/417983-espns-jeremy-green-arrest-son-of-former-nfl-coach-dennis-faces-child-p

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

• rkarp

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/441629-jay-mariotti-arrest-the-espn-sportscaster-curse-strikes-again

http://www.azfamily.com/news/local/ESPN-employee-charged-with-assaulting-an-officer-125585728.html

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/417983-espns-jeremy-green-arrest-son-of-former-nfl-coach-dennis-faces-child-p

[/QUOTE]

I heard there were people in the media business who insisted on... no, demanded... for an explanation why ESPN hired these guys? 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

• rkarp

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

and yet this is the trash that get on their bs moral soapbox

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

Although I detect a hint of snark in your question, I'll respond candidly.   My point was (and remains) that BB is no more responsible for AH's behavior than Michele Bachmann is for her staffer's.  Accordingly, no further explanation is necessary nor should one be forthcoming in either case.

Isn't the question really - Did Michele Bachman hire this staffer knowing he had a questionable background?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

BB: You want answers? RKARP: I think I'm entitled to them. BB: You want answers? RKARP: I want the truth! BB: You can't handle the truth! Son, we live in a world where football games have to be won. And those games have to be won by men with talent. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Rusty? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for more information and you curse the Patriot way. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know: that drafting Hernandez, while he duped us, probably won games.  And my way of dealing with the media, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, wins games...You don't want the truth. Because deep down, in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on drafting guys who can play. You need me drafting guys that can play. We use words like "it is what it is", and "we don't talk about players who aren't with the team"...we use these words as the backbone to a life spent defending something. You use 'em as a punchline. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very excellent team I provide, then questions the manner in which I provide it! I'd rather you just said thank you and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a helmet and run a post pattern. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you're entitled to! RKARP: Did you order the Hernandez pick? BB: (quietly) I did the job I'm paid to do. RKARP: Did you order the Hernandez pick??? BB: You're goddamn right I did!!

Bravo!  Love it. 

My wife rolls her eyes everytime this scene comes on, and I always seem to find it just at the right time, and when it is on, it is must see tv.  One of my very favorite scenes in movies. 

Well done.

Sections
Shortcuts