I want Bill Belichick to draft Miles Burris

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

Re: I want Bill Belichick to draft Miles Burris

too short for a OLB? james harrison is 6-0, 242 lbs. 

it would be great if pats picks him up in the 5th or 6th.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In Response to Re: I want Bill Belichick to draft Miles Burris:
    [QUOTE]great find!!! two strengths he has... 1) INSTINCT... he reads well, reacts well and has the athleticism to move quickly where he needs to/ how he needs to.  He showed several types but most important I believe is his instinct to not not get stuck in the arms of a blocker. He's really good at finding rushing lanes, and when he gets engaged he does not force the issue he just momentarily backs off to get a step of an advantage to let his motor go again. He showed really good ability to read misdirection plays. He perfectly diagnosed I don't know how many options and reverses on that video. That play at 1:51 also showed he is smart with angles. Every LB would pursue the ball carrier's path and get stuck behind slower pursuers. NOtice how he quickly read that he was going to get stuck behind slower players so he adjusted. 2) DETERMINATION to catch the ball handler - I saw this last year with Sheard. This guy doesn't let the idea of being on the wrong side of the field stop him from going after the ball handler. He's went side to side when he he had to. This determination was also important on that 1:51 play. Occasionally he showed bull rush strength and ability. I believe he has the speed to match cover lot receivers, definitely TEs.  I think he could be a part of the solution to the pats' 3rd and long nightmares.
    Posted by seattlepat70[/QUOTE]

sp,
    Thanks man, we're def seeing a lot of the same things... would love to see more tape.  Any buzz on him out on the West Coast?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: I want Bill Belichick to draft Miles Burris : sp, Thanks man, we're def seeing a lot of the same things... would love to see more tape.  Any buzz on him out on the West Coast?
    Posted by mbeaulieu07[/QUOTE]

not up here. i think that's good for whoever finds him.

Funny thing is I have been spending a lot of weeks in SD over the last 8 months. All I was hearing about SDSU on sports radio down there was Hillman, their RB. Seems like a decent all around guy, but not big enough for some here.

Burris unfortunately, even if heard of him on radio, I would not have bothered to check him out because of the size. This is the kind of guy you can easily dismiss becasue of his measurables... that is until you see the video.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: I want Bill Belichick to draft Miles Burris : gotta pay u a compliment beaulieu07: you really do ur homework and i enjoy reading ur posts. even as a giants fan-and one who really only follows the big names/first rounders and maybe those who play positions we need to fill or upgrade-i gotta admire the depth of ur knowledge and the thoroughness of ur draft board...i rank you and texpat top two for knowledge and complete breakdowns...definitely football fanatics thru and thru btw i am a big ND fan. what do you think of WR Floyd?
    Posted by JintsFan[/QUOTE]

Thanks man, appreciated... I def enjoy researching players each season!

Congrats to your team, it was a good match-up, but the NYG made plays when they had to and NE didn't.  We'll hopefully see you again down the road, ha.

Floyd is a very, very good football player and I think he has #1 WR potential at the NFL level (assuming he can keep his nose clean off the field).  Kid can do it all, ultra-competitive, good size/speed combo, good hands, works the middle of the field, has big play ability, is physical and could be the best blocking WR in college football.  GO IRISH!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Not a bad idea taking Burris late, his Pro Day was good, solid forty and shuttle, but his vertical was most impressive indicating a superior athletic talent. He'll drop because he is way too light and because he played in the Mountain West Conference. 

I peg him more as an inside linebacker or swing linebacker in the 3/4 comparable to Dane Fletcher who already plays for the Pats.  

He would likely be a better fit in the 4/3 like others here suggest, but he made a lot of tackles outside in the Aztec's 3/3/5 system which leads me to believe he could do the same inside, maybe with Gary Guyton's departure there is room for him especially if he can cover?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]Not a bad idea taking Burris late, his Pro Day was good, solid forty and shuttle, but his vertical was most impressive indicating a superior athletic talent. He'll drop because he is way too light and because he played in the Mountain West Conference.  I peg him more as an inside linebacker or swing linebacker in the 3/4 comparable to Dane Fletcher who already plays for the Pats.   He would likely be a better fit in the 4/3 like others here suggest, but he made a lot of tackles outside in the Aztec's 3/3/5 system which leads me to believe he could do the same inside, maybe with Gary Guyton's departure there is room for him especially if he can cover?
    Posted by wozzy[/QUOTE]

That's the role I'd envision he'd have to play. A Guyton type of role with an outside shot at cracking the starting line up down the road. If I have a 5th to spend though (through trade) I'd rather use it on a Rainey or Joe Adams and fix the returner situation first before looking for a Guyton replacement. If they get a returner and still have an extra pick though, I wouldn't mind spending it on this kid late