i want more Julian

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from FOWLER8196. Show FOWLER8196's posts

i want more Julian

last year after welker went down we saw julian edelman tear up the texans and be the lone bright spot in the playoff loss against the ravens.  immediately visions of welker and julian in his second year in the system on the field at the same time danced in my head. last year he was my favorite player, and i really would like to see more of him in the offense. i just dont understand why he hasnt been relieving welker as much as he could. i dont think it has anything to do with injuries considering he is in on punt returns... i'm confused. hopefully the pats get a good rotation of welker, tate, edelman, and now branch in this NEW old-look offense.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Re: i want more Julian

me too.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In Response to Re: i want more Julian:
    [QUOTE]Why can't they play him with WW? Two little crazy guys in the slot.......One of them will be open every play, even if it's 4-5 it's clock control move the chains offense.
    Posted by Sam-Adams[/QUOTE]

Yep, I see it now. Tate goes deep, Welker runs a crossing pattern, Edelman with a slant, Hernandez 15 yards down field, and then......Danny Woodhead in the flat, who does a DC try and "take away"??? Too many pass catching weapons with great shuttle times. Brady hits guys like this in his sleep. Defense's are in trouble!

Will we see a career high completion % from Tom Brady this year?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from FOWLER8196. Show FOWLER8196's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: i want more Julian : Yep, I see it now. Tate goes deep, Welker runs a crossing pattern, Edelman with a slant, Hernandez 15 yards down field, and then......Danny Woodhead in the flat, who does a DC try and "take away"??? Too many pass catching weapons with great shuttle times. Brady hits guys like this in his sleep. Defense's are in trouble! Will we see a career high completion % from Tom Brady this year?
    Posted by TrueChamp[/QUOTE]
    what is branch doing? haha

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking1. Show harleyroadking1's posts

champ, not to be a jerk but I  remember people saying the same thing when Moss came here....

moss-deep
    ww-crossing
    gafney-slant
    watson-15 yarder
    faulk/maroney in the flat.

nothing has changed except the cast and I'm not sure if this group is better.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

We got lots of talent in the short passing game so no need to play Edelman too many snaps.  He's only a second year, let him develop and when the opportunity comes, Jules will strike.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rockdog1293000. Show Rockdog1293000's posts

You're making his point. That O was terrific in '07 and even did well without Brady in '08. You give Brady that cast again and he'll tear things up. Not having that Gaffney type receiver really hurt them last year.

[QUOTE]champ, not to be a jerk but I  remember people saying the same thing when Moss came here.... moss-deep ww-crossing gafney-slant watson-15 yarder faulk/maroney in the flat. nothing has changed except the cast and I'm not sure if this group is better.
    Posted by harleyroadking[/QUOTE]

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rockdog1293000. Show Rockdog1293000's posts

Me three. The guy will be impossible to cover.

[QUOTE]me too.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from FOWLER8196. Show FOWLER8196's posts

i just want to see  edelman, welker, and hernandez on the field at the same time... incredible potential.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

I don't think he is still 100% healthy... or to say he is not exactly comfortable where he is physically.  But I think he is about to turn it around; however, Branch might cut into his playing time. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pancakespwn. Show Pancakespwn's posts

That injury looked to be bothering him a bit more as he was suppose to be held out another week but opted to play.

He should be fine against the Ravens this week. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

[QUOTE]champ, not to be a jerk but I  remember people saying the same thing when Moss came here.... moss-deep ww-crossing gafney-slant watson-15 yarder faulk/maroney in the flat. nothing has changed except the cast and I'm not sure if this group is better.
    Posted by harleyroadking[/QUOTE]

Seems to me that offense did pretty well.  Without Moss I think we will have longer sustained drives which keeps the D off the field and gives this young team the best chance to win. I know a lot of people think without Moss there is no way this team can be better. To those people I say, get your head out of your a@@.(not necessarily you Harley) Moss has lost half a step and is a glorified decoy who will occasionally come up with a huge td catch but can do little of anything else. This young team does not need occasional 10 second 70 yard bomb td's. It needs 15 play 8 minute clock eating td drives. That is what this offense is built for.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from deluxbury. Show deluxbury's posts

I think he's still hurting.  He's a shade of his former self out there right now. 

Lets hope the bye week did his body good and he'll be 100% against the Ravens on Sunday.  we're gonna need him!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking1. Show harleyroadking1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: i want more Julian : Seems to me that offense did pretty well.  Without Moss I think we will have longer sustained drives which keeps the D off the field and gives this young team the best chance to win. I know a lot of people think without Moss there is no way this team can be better. To those people I say, get your head out of your a@@.(not necessarily you Harley) Moss has lost half a step and is a glorified decoy who will occasionally come up with a huge td catch but can do little of anything else. This young team does not need occasional 10 second 70 yard bomb td's. It needs 15 play 8 minute clock eating td drives. That is what this offense is built for.

Champ..it's OK I've had my head up my azz before lol. What I meant was we didn't win anything when Moss came on board...we set all kinds of records but lost the SB....I want to see the '01 and '04 offense again not the flying circus of the past couple seasons.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

He'll fit in with all the other tiny WRs the Pats have.  

Welker = 5'9
    Branch = 5'9
    Edelman = 5'10
    Tate = 6'0
    Price = 6'0

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from FOWLER8196. Show FOWLER8196's posts

[QUOTE]He'll fit in with all the other tiny WRs the Pats have.   Welker = 5'9 Branch = 5'9 Edelman = 5'10 Tate = 6'0 Price = 6'0
    Posted by 49Patriots[/QUOTE]
    they can all catch and then make something happen... so i'm not complaining

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from smorgan86. Show smorgan86's posts

In Response to i want more Julian:
    [QUOTE]last year after welker went down we saw julian edelman tear up the texans and be the lone bright spot in the playoff loss against the ravens.  immediately visions of welker and julian in his second year in the system on the field at the same time danced in my head. last year he was my favorite player, and i really would like to see more of him in the offense. i just dont understand why he hasnt been relieving welker as much as he could. i dont think it has anything to do with injuries considering he is in on punt returns... i'm confused. hopefully the pats get a good rotation of welker, tate, edelman, and now branch in this NEW old-look offense.
    Posted by FOWLER8196[/QUOTE]

I'll tell you why...because Edleman and Woodhead are the same guy LOL! You notice how you haven't seen Edleman since we got Woody??
    I swear, you won't see the two of them together, Watch and see if I'm not right. VERY sneaky that Belichick!!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from FOWLER8196. Show FOWLER8196's posts

i know i might be carrying on, but i think that edelman has more to him than people give him credit for. i think he is more than a welker clone and more of a gaffney type with welker-like skills,which makes him dangerous... I WANT HIM ON THE FIELD!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from patriotway1. Show patriotway1's posts

Posted by harleyroadking[/QUOTE]HarleyRoadKing you must be joking my friend.
    Moss deep-Last night n the Vikings proved once and for all how tired Moss is and that he has lost his break away speed. He was so sloppy on plays not going to him it would be easy for the secondary to know Moss was not in on any plays he pretty much walked off the line.
    WWELKER-Still the NFL burner on the crossing, even if double covered he will get the ball.
    Gafney-Could not hold onto a ball and was never a good route runner, or WR while on the Patriots Edelman in the slant is same as WW and not only can catch but run.
    Watson 15 yarder- just was not that impressive after the catch-HERNANDEZ is very difficult to bring down, is fast and can avoid tackles, Watson could not.
    Faulk- yes a good 3rd down back  Maroney? I will not even go there.
    Woodhead and BJGE-if they continue theri progress then New England has the new Dynamic Duo

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

yeah be nice to see him, did anyone think he may be nursing an injury and BB doesn't want to press him yet?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from FOWLER8196. Show FOWLER8196's posts

[QUOTE]yeah be nice to see him, did anyone think he may be nursing an injury and BB doesn't want to press him yet?
    Posted by kansaspatriot[/QUOTE]
    i hope this is the case. he is one of my favorite pats on the current roster. i LOVE this guy

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from GadisRKO. Show GadisRKO's posts

I think they took it easy on him because of his injury, its really easy to reinjure an ankle, especially since these guys have to cut alot when running routes. Once he is fully healthy, we will see him play more.

For now, Im fine with Branch, Welker and Tate, throw Hernandez, Woodhead or BJGE and we have a clock control O right there.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Edelman is great but you realize he's been b*nged up right? Pats are smart to let him heal up. 

"I'll tell you why...because Edleman and Woodhead are the same guy LOL! You notice how you haven't seen Edleman since we got Woody??"

Edelman is a giant compared to Woodhead. Woodhead is a running back, Edelman a receiver, and so on...

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from SShoreLurker. Show SShoreLurker's posts

Could New England fans be any more lily?  I think someone should get Edelman, Welker, and Woodhead together for a pose and posterize it.  They can title it, " The Great Hopes"  All 94% of New England's residents will have that up on their walls in their man caves next their pictures of Larry & Kevin, Doug, Cam & Ray, and Petey & Youk.

You can never have enough pride... even when they are marginal players at best!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from FOWLER8196. Show FOWLER8196's posts

[QUOTE]Could New England fans be any more lily?  I think someone should get Edelman, Welker, and Woodhead together for a pose and posterize it.  They can title it, " The Great Hopes"  All 94% of New England's residents will have that up on their walls in their man caves next their pictures of Larry & Kevin, Doug, Cam & Ray, and Petey & Youk. You can never have enough pride... even when they are marginal players at best!  
    Posted by SShoreLurker[/QUOTE]
    this is flat out ignorant. to insinuate that we only like julian edelman because he is white is just downright offensive... i am black. i dont see color like you do. you are pathetic.  welker is phenomenal and there is no denying that, edelman showed off a fantastic skill set last year and i love his potential and his attitude. the jury is still out on woodhead, as he has only played 2 games.

YOU are ridiculous.