I want STEVEN JACKSON to walk thru those doors! see ya WOODY!

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Re: I want STEVEN JACKSON to walk thru those doors! see ya WOODY!

No thank you. I'd rather put the money into the D first and foremost. Ridley and Vereen are good runners and fit well in the team. I just don't see adding Jackson being better then adding a top end S or an interior rusher

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from FLY2K. Show FLY2K's posts

I would like the addition of Jackson. If Jackson would have been a Patriot in the playoffs, the Pat probably would have won the game! The hit that Pollard put on Ridley would have not happened. Jackson would have ran him over! 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MustangBri. Show MustangBri's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:

No thank you. I'd rather put the money into the D first and foremost. Ridley and Vereen are good runners and fit well in the team. I just don't see adding Jackson being better then adding a top end S or an interior rusher

Ditto.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

for 1.5 million or the vet min i would sign him for sure! woodhead is going to be pricy i think.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to natesubs' comment:

for 1.5 million or the vet min i would sign him for sure! woodhead is going to be pricy i think.

Nate, you know that Jackson will get more then Woodhead on the open market. Of course all of us would take Jackson for $1.5mil but do you honestly believe that would get it done?

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from xXR3S1NXx. Show xXR3S1NXx's posts

Not gonna happen. Signing Steven Jackson has almost no value. With Ridley looking like a capable back signing SJ would be redundant. I think if Ridley can figure out his ball securtity issues i believe he can be just as good if not better than SJ.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I don't think this guy would come at any bargain price - I haven't really seen him play in two years, but two years ago I thought he was a pretty special player...don't know if he still is.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

In response to RidingWithTheKing's comment:

Depends on money and years.  Frankly, I'd like to see Ridley's touches scaled back a bit and use a power back to get Brady back under Center, to also improve red zone offense. I don't care how it's done.

Ridley isn't really an ideal goal line back.

Jackson has already made all his money playing for crappy STL, so maybe he just wants a ring, which means he comes cheap on the market?

Just saying. He may not cost as much as you think.

...and yet Ridley scored 12 TD's last season to Jacksons 4. In fact Jackson has not had a double digit TD season since 2006. Going on 7 years almost.

I know the Rams have not been great but   ...just sayin.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Jackson will want some $$. And I'd rather the Pats get a FB with a decent, suitable skill set and then go after a rusher or DB for the D.

My one caveat is that BB likes D players that have veteran experience and good production for money they get. I don't want BB to overpay for offensive players.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

Nate, you know that Jackson will get more then Woodhead on the open market. Of course all of us would take Jackson for $1.5mil but do you honestly believe that would get it done?

yes. he has never won a playoff game and never been on a winning team.  If he wants to be a HOF player then he needs some hardware.  What better team to do it with than the pats who are clearly stacked with talent and have a QB who just gave them a bunch of money to spend in FA? He already has millions from his past contracts.  now it is time to play for fun.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to BostonProSportsLover's comment:

love the rid but this beast just opted out and is just 30. never been to the playoffs. like dillon, he's hungry and wants that taste oozing all over his mouth. walked away from $7m for this year (likely would have been cut anyways). looking at a one year 3m deal, woodhead is a luxury free agent. u can rid pair up with him as a 2-headed monster like it should have been with freddy taylor. vereen is the perfect 3rd down back. clearly we would b better and more elite! get it d-o-n-e!

I think this was a move to make 2 years ago. I may be wrong but didnt he just opt out of his last year set to make 7 million???  call me crazy but he made a mistake cuz NO other team will pay that for a RB  in his prime let alone past it. If he came cheap like Dillon, maybe but better off brining in M.Turner as a change of pace. I agree about Ridley esp. in playoffs but this will be his 3rd year, lets see what he has. This is usually the year when a player puts it all together.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

In response to Low-FB-IQ's comment:

Depends on money and years.  Frankly, I'd like to see Ridley's touches scaled back a bit and use a power back to get Brady back under Center, to also improve red zone offense. I don't care how it's done.

Jackson has already made all his money playing for crappy STL, so maybe he just wants a ring, which means he comes cheap on the market?

...and yet Ridley scored 12 TD's last season to Jacksons 4. In fact Jackson has not had a double digit TD season since 2006. Going on 7 years almost.

the rams haven't been using him as goalline back so of course he doesn't have the TD's

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jam757. Show jam757's posts

Jackson has been playing on the Rams! I would easily expect his TD number to eclipse 12 if on the Pats and would LOOOOOVE to see him in a Pats uniform. I might even go three years and 9 mil. With that said the priority should be getting a solid safety, DB, and DE first. We also need a receiver. I say let Lloyd walk and sign Welker, Bowe and Jackson to round out the offense. Sign Freeney, Reed, and a CB on D. Draft a lightning fast DE or LB. Gear up for 15-1 or 16-0!!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

As I stated on another Steven Jackson post I would ask him how badly do you want a ring?

Jackson is a long way from done. He can still play, and play well.

As always it's the money.

If he came here I would move Ridley, keep Vereen.

Pollard does not knock out Steven Jackson.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to jam757's comment:

Jackson has been playing on the Rams! I would easily expect his TD number to eclipse 12 if on the Pats and would LOOOOOVE to see him in a Pats uniform. I might even go three years and 9 mil. With that said the priority should be getting a solid safety, DB, and DE first. We also need a receiver. I say let Lloyd walk and sign Welker, Bowe and Jackson to round out the offense. Sign Freeney, Reed, and a CB on D. Draft a lightning fast DE or LB. Gear up for 15-1 or 16-0!!!

Jam, I like those ideas but unless you plan on using some of your money to help, all that help is not possible. I dont think they can get Bowe if the resign wes. I know its probably already done, but I would have let Wes walk and went after Fritzy hard. I mean wes is important to this O but not the difference betweeen winning and losing a title IMO and why not pony up for Larry Fitzgerald and win another one, after that cut him loose..lol

seriously though, they have to bring in new blood to this offense and I agree S, DT, CB are draft priorities. Good news is there is a lot of good talent at DT and at CB this year. I would do free agency for Safety cuz im not really impressed with any prospests at S yet.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

the rams haven't been using him as goalline back so of course he doesn't have the TD's

That would be my point Nate. If he was a dominant goal line back as the post I responded to suggested, I would think over his long and substantial carrerr he would have already proven to be a consistent weapon in that area.