I Warned About This

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bungalow-Bill. Show Bungalow-Bill's posts

Re: I Warned About This

In response to tanbass' comment:

Although I agree with Brady having no weapons in (yesterdays) game.....

Are you calling the 3 WRs Bellichick went out and got last year busts already? Don't you think that Dobson, Thompkins & Boyce deserve more of a chance? None of them even played a full season.

Dobson and Boyce, yes. BUT...as depth players, not your featured WR's!

Thompkins, see ya.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

The joke is you saying to cut rookies after not even playing a full year. Nobody does that.

Where did I say that?  I suggested putting them on the practice squad as an option.  Is that what you mean by cutting them?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from AyyyBoston. Show AyyyBoston's posts

In response to Schumpeters-Ghost's comment:

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

In response to Schumpeters-Ghost's comment:

Tom Brady turned a failed QB turned kick returner into a semi-decent receiver.

Imagine what he could do with professional, NFL quality receivers?

Do you consider Gronk and Hernandez "NFL quality receivers?"

Because that is where the problem starts.  The Patriots DID pay those guys.  They did commit and go against their reputation for being cheap. 

Hernandez screwed the team.  Gronk and Amendola can't stay healthy.  That was teh problem.

You don't think BB and Tom Brady knew they had an offensive weapons problem when Hernandez, Gronk, and Amendola were out?  Only you noticed this?

At that point there is no solution except:  compete.

It's a miracle they made the AFC championship and you are whining about WRs.  Like there was a solution in September? 

Who should they have acquired in September?  Larry Fitzgerald?

Grow up.

Gronk's injury problems didn't arise in September.

Hernandez's thug problems didn't arise in Septebmer.

Both of these players being missing are, in part, due to the GM not being able to judge durability or character.

To answer your question:

EVER HEARD OF MAKING A TRADE?

Walk me through that trade.  The roster problems happened after the draft.  Would you look to see if one of your 3 WR rookies could play or make a trade?

they still had amendola and gronk coming back - Amendola didn't go down until Sept.

they still had Vereen and Ridley.  Do you hang in and wait for Gronk? 

Or make a trade.

Walk me through the trade.  How many WRs were traded by anyone to anyone during pre-season over the last decade? 

But walk me through it - who do you trade for whom?

You are just staing the obvious - that the Patriots lack WR weapons and thinking you are saying something smart.  It isn't smart - it is OBVIOUS.

The reasons are not because no one in the front office is smart about football; they got screwed by Gronk and Hernandez.  That blew up the plan.

If Gronk was healthy - the Patriots would have had an excellent chance of winning yesterday.

This NAS guy needs to stick to hockey...he's making a fool of himself right now.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to AyyyBoston's comment:

This NAS guy needs to stick to hockey...he's making a fool of himself right now.

Thank you for lauding my hockey acumen.  I do know a bit about football as well.  Things like:  No matter how good the QB is, junky rookies, waiver wire pickups, free agent busteroonies and blocking tight ends don't cut it.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

Thank you for lauding my hockey acumen.  I do know a bit about football as well.  Things like:  No matter how good the QB is, junky rookies, waiver wire pickups, free agent busteroonies and blocking tight ends don't cut it.

Lol

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Amendola had zeo catches for Chrissakes.

I Warned About This!

btw, it was zero catches with one big drop.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

BB just ran out of House Money.  Time for a change.  Now he's crying about a hit, from a 5'6" sponge head, on his China Doll CB.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Keep Collie trade Amendola

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from darwk. Show darwk's posts

In response to kansaspatriot's comment:

Keep Collie trade Amendola

YES.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

this board will never change

Those who hate bb as Gm will always hate him

Those who hate TB will always hate him

Those who hate JA will always hate him

Just a lot of spoiled brats

The plain fact is that we were out physicalled on both lines. we lost Gronk and Seabass,we lost spikes, Kelly , VW  and then we lost the linch pin of our D by a former player who made the hit on purpose. And tbst was weenie welker

Am rooting for Seattle 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcherbrook. Show Fletcherbrook's posts

When Austin Collie and a failed QB turned kick returner turned wideout are the best receiver options, there is no hope.  There is only so much Tom Brady can do.

This off-season, the most overrated GM of all time had better go shopping and bring in some real targets for Brady.  If Brady can go this far with the current bunch of losers, imagine what he could do with a couple of NFL quality receivers.

Are you calling the 3 WRs Bellichick went out and got last year busts already? Don't you think that Dobson, Thompkins & Boyce deserve more of a chance? None of them even played a full season.

While I agree with your premise...I have seen nothing beyond potentially average to good. I see nothing to indicate " special" with any of those three. I could be wrong. Dobson has outside chance. We will see.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from vasolinecatbust. Show vasolinecatbust's posts

In response to Fletcherbrook's comment:

When Austin Collie and a failed QB turned kick returner turned wideout are the best receiver options, there is no hope.  There is only so much Tom Brady can do.

This off-season, the most overrated GM of all time had better go shopping and bring in some real targets for Brady.  If Brady can go this far with the current bunch of losers, imagine what he could do with a couple of NFL quality receivers.

While I agree with your premise...I have seen nothing beyond potentially average to good. I see nothing to indicate " special" with any of those three. I could be wrong. Dobson has outside chance. We will see.

BUSTCHISEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey mega NY Jets Troll Tool.....how's KELLEN WINSLOW DOING TONIGHT....TEACHING HIM HOW TO NAIL THE NEIGHBOR'S KITTIES?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bustify. Show Bustify's posts

Rusty is a moron too...you know that as well.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from vasolinecatbust. Show vasolinecatbust's posts

In response to Bustify's comment:

You're welcome. I sometime wander over to the Bruins board and read some posts there. You seem to have some knowledge in hockey...football, not so much.

BUSTCHISEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey mega NY Jets Troll Tool.....how's KELLEN WINSLOW DOING TONIGHT....TEACHING HIM HOW TO NAIL THE NEIGHBOR'S KITTIES?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Schumpter is making alot of sense. This team was minus four (Wilfork, Mayo, Gronk, Hernandez) and later five (talib) potential pro-bowl players. If you want to invert that theory ask yourself how good Manning is with only Decker(3rd option after the Thomases) and back-ups to throw to.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Cloudyandrain. Show Cloudyandrain's posts

In response to NoMorePensionLooting's comment:

I think once again the playoffs are about defense and I'll continue to believe the Pats need to keep fixing their D....and in a big way..

bingo...people still talking about brady.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from the-redsox-rule. Show the-redsox-rule's posts

In response to Cloudyandrain's comment:

In response to NoMorePensionLooting's comment:

I think once again the playoffs are about defense and I'll continue to believe the Pats need to keep fixing their D....and in a big way..

bingo...people still talking about brady.

the defense has been improving. they were pretty good before the rash of injuries. they are one of the youngest units in the league . i agree that they still need more help. defensive tackle in particular as they were pushed all over the field by denver. another safety would help as well. the offense stunk yesterday. three points against a bad defense was all they could muster until garbage time. they need to fix that. the reciever position needs a big time upgrade as does tight end. cant count on gronk staying healthy.

Sections
Shortcuts