I was at the game

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

Re: I was at the game

Thats the way I saw it too. I've been on the Brady for MVP bandwagon this year but I don't think so anymore. He's struggled a bit the past couple of games and he was bad against the Jags on Sunday. He did have a wide open Welker on a couple of plays and threw it into coverage instead. He wasn't under any pressure on those plays either. QB is the toughest position to play in all of sports and being off mentally will cause problems. Hopefully having a healthy Gronk back will change all of this, they were on fire when he got hurt. Brady has to play better in the playoffs or they will lose in the first round. The coaching has to be better too.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME2. Show NEGAME2's posts

I really hope Brady says at the end of this year  I'm done I've done all I can do for this franchise. I'm going to retire and enjoy the wonderful life I have in front of me,  I ve done all I can do, but you are still not satisfied. so let Mallet or some other  obscure QB come in and win three super bowls  for the great fan base in New England 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In response to NEGAME2's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I really hope Brady says at the end of this year  I'm done I've done all I can do for this franchise. I'm going to retire and enjoy the wonderful life I have in front of me,  I ve done all I can do, but you are still not satisfied. so let Mallet or some other  obscure QB come in and win three super bowls  for the great fan base in New England 

[/QUOTE]

The "spoiled" amongst us will find out soon enough.  Let's not rush it. :-)

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to 49Patriots' comment:
    [QUOTE]

Stop making excuses for Brady, love the guy, but this is the best team he's had since 2007. He can win with this team, he just has to be...well, Brady. 

[/QUOTE]

This is where we disagree. This Pats team has the most offensive weapons since 2007, but the O line is the hold up. Brady ( and McD) are protecting this O line by releasing the ball so quickly. The past 4 games the injured WR corps is having a hard time getting open, and the O line is not affording Brady the time, nor the WR's the time to allow things to develop, or find 2 nd and 3 rd targets. Running lanes are also hard to come by, as the Oline has been stuffed too many times. Too many here have blamed Bolden for his goal line leap from the 3, but the Oline had no penetration, forcing the leap from too far out. 

Brady didn't have his best game, but it is a reflection of the Oline and the WR corps struggling.

i am on the fence against Miami to either play it all out with the home field still available, or rest Mankins, Hernandez, Wes, Vollmer, Spikes, Gregory, Brady.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

I haven't watched all the film, but from what I did watch, the line play seemed mixed to me against the Jags.  First Q, I think the line mostly played well.  Second Q, they really got beat a lot.  One thing I noticed was that they weren't very effective pass blocking on play-action plays.  Brady's second interception happened to be on play-action--and Brady was about to get slammed when he released the ball (and he did get slammed right after releasing the ball).  On a lot of other play-action passes, Brady had to rush his throws.  If that type of play is going to work, the O line has to hold blocks long enough to let Brady drop, fake to the RB, and find his receiver.  If they can't hold that long, those plays aren't going to work and you're going to see more shotgun.  

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from sheldong. Show sheldong's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

A post like this one makes me sick.  People like NEGAME2 simply can't face reality.  Brady IS a great QB, maybe even the best of all time.  However, in THIS game he was mediocre - at best.  So, suddenly we who have been staunch fans for a long time (me since '67) are suddenly not so because we see reality.  What garbage!!! 

Face it NEGAME2, and take your blinders off.  Brady stunk it up on Sunday.  Yes, he had two TDs and one of the interceptions was not his fault.  However, even a broken clock is right twice a day.  He was MEDIOCRE last Sunday and not even pseudo-imitation-Brady-like.  He, and he alone, takes 95% of the blame for the offense and why the game came down to the last five seconds on the clock.

Side note:  I fully expect to see a Baltimore type (meaning Brady-like) performance by Brady against Miami this Sunday -- whether or not the #2 see is on the line.  So, NEGAME2, go home, grow up, take your fan blinders off, and face reality.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Hey Rusty, some of us have agendas, and some don't.  Personnally, I'm most interested in figuring out what's really happening in the these games.  That's why I watch the film and call it as I see it.

If Brady has a bad game, I'll be the first to admit it.  I don't think Brady was stellar against the Jags, but I also think a lot of other things were going on too . . . and part of what was going on was breakdowns in blocking.  Another thing going on was poor separation on the part of the receivers.  Brady was forcing the ball a bit, but he also had limited time on a lot of plays and receivers who weren't open.  It's a bit of a cliche, but football is a team game, and one player isn't the end all and be all. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to RockScully's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to rkarp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to 49Patriots' comment:
    [QUOTE]

Stop making excuses for Brady, love the guy, but this is the best team he's had since 2007. He can win with this team, he just has to be...well, Brady. 

[/QUOTE]

This is where we disagree. This Pats team has the most offensive weapons since 2007, but the O line is the hold up. Brady ( and McD) are protecting this O line by releasing the ball so quickly. The past 4 games the injured WR corps is having a hard time getting open, and the O line is not affording Brady the time, nor the WR's the time to allow things to develop, or find 2 nd and 3 rd targets. Running lanes are also hard to come by, as the Oline has been stuffed too many times. Too many here have blamed Bolden for his goal line leap from the 3, but the Oline had no penetration, forcing the leap from too far out. 

Brady didn't have his best game, but it is a reflection of the Oline and the WR corps struggling.

i am on the fence against Miami to either play it all out with the home field still available, or rest Mankins, Hernandez, Wes, Vollmer, Spikes, Gregory, Brady.

[/QUOTE]

So, an offense that is about to break the points record (possibly) for one season, with many games without Gronk, has an O line that "has been the problem"?  They have a lead RB who has rushed for over 1000 yards as well. Not a big accomplishment, but something of note, especially with a QB who races to throw 40+ times every week.

You will do absolutely anything to avoid putting any accountability for Brady. I sit there and watch him bob up and down in that perfect pocket they seal for him on almost every down, and this means our O Line is "holding him back"?

You Washers are SICK. Absolutely sick.

Solder has been great.  Vollmer is the best RT in the game for crying out loud. Wendell has been a pleasant surprise and our Guard play has been solid whether with the starters in there or our nice fallbacks in Thomas and McDonald.  Cannon has also looked great at RG for run blocking and improved when playing RT.

We have the best O Line coach in the league BAR NONE, quite possibly EVER, and somehow our O Line is "holding Brady back"?

You have the worst analysis of possibly anyone here. Your last two contributions here are this:

1. Our O Line isn't good

2. The Jets Cap situation and future is overblown

LOL!!!!!

Yes, I am sure you'll find 100% of the board to agree with your astute observations. My god, dude.  Seek help.

[/QUOTE]

As usual Neal you are wrong. Solder's play the past 4 weeks has been sub par. He had a rough opening first 2 games, settled in for a good stretch, but the past 4 games he has not played well. Wendell and Connolly have been solid, but have had 3-4 lapses per game allowing wide open hits on Brady.

Dont take my word on it. Watch the games, see how many times Brady is on the ground, or how many pressures and hits he is absorbing.

Yes, our Oline is not allowing Brady the time to make all his reads...the past 4 games the WR's have also had difficulty getting seperation making the situation even tougher.

Jacksonville does not have the talent to knock Brady down 12 times, but they did. This is in spite of play calling that demands quick release patterns most of the game.

You have been making apologies for the Oline all season. Thats fine if you cant or wont see it. But to say that Solder is playing at the top of his game, or Vollmer has not regressed some from the first half of the season, makes me think you dont see any of the games.

Reputation is great until the games start, then everything is out in plain sight clearly to be seen. The Oline has not played well the past 4 games. This is not solely my opinion. Check out any other informed opinion and I believe you will find me correct, although you are not capable of admitting so

One persons opinion from Pats Pulpit;

Offensive Line: 1.5

This group's worst game of the season and it wasn't really close. Again, Brady isn't going to last much longer if opposing defenses keep getting to him the way they have the past four weeks and what adds to the alarm is that the Jaguars came into the game as one of the worst teams in the NFL in terms of getting pressure on opposing QBs. Brady took 12 hits in this one and once again, every member of the front five had something to do with each and every one of them. Dan Connolly had a particularly tough afternoon and he gave up the worst hit Brady took all day (maybe even all year) when he simply whiffed on Jags' defensive tackle Tyson Alualu, who did nothing but run right up the middle and blasted Brady, leaving the QB sitting on the turf a little bit dazed. Brady also took a helmet-to-helmet from former Pats' draft pick Jeremy Mincey on a missed block by Sebastian Vollmer. And Nate Solder had a difficult time with Jason Babin which, to Solder's credit, many left tackles do. But it's worth noting that Solder hasn't had a clean game in quite some time and that needs to change. A lot needs to change up front for the Pats with the playoffs on the horizon. An offense is only as good as its O-line and these days, the Pats' just isn't good enough.

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Rusty, watch the film.  You'll see exactly what I and rkarp are talking about.  It's all there on tape for those who want to look.  Like I said, the O line (and TEs) had some bad stretches.  They weren't good pass blocking on play action passes.  And they struggled with stunts.  It's all there to see if you want to open your eyes (and shell out whatever it costs in the states for the coaches film on Game Rewind). 

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 347pg. Show 347pg's posts

[QUOTE]

I really hope Brady says at the end of this year  I'm done I've done all I can do for this franchise. I'm going to retire and enjoy the wonderful life I have in front of me,  I ve done all I can do, but you are still not satisfied. so let Mallet or some other  obscure QB come in and win three super bowls  for the great fan base in New England [/QUOTE]

SACRILEGE!  Gamer, you do know if this were the dark ages, you'd be burned at the stake for posting that! LOL!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 347pg. Show 347pg's posts

In response to sheldong's comment:
    [QUOTE]

... On one series he twice threw into very tight coverage on the right sideline -- incomplete -- when Welker didn't have a defender within fifteen yeards of him.  On that second one it would have been a walk-in touchdown for Welker.  Instead, we settled for a field goal.  ...[/QUOTE]

The good thing is, is that he's probably watching a lot of film right now, seeing the same things you did and determining in his mind to not make those mistakes again.  That's probablyone of the best things about TB.  Always seeing where he can get better.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Rusty, watch the film.  You'll see exactly what I and rkarp are talking about.  It's all there on tape for those who want to look.  Like I said, the O line (and TEs) had some bad stretches.  They weren't good pass blocking on play action passes.  And they struggled with stunts.  It's all there to see if you want to open your eyes (and shell out whatever it costs in the states for the coaches film on Game Rewind). 

[/QUOTE]

You just don't get it.  I am sure there are some bad plays with what you're referencing.  What you don't get it is what you haven't gotten this whole time.  There's a reason that it APPEARS how it APPEARS.

It's utterly ridiculous to not admit at this point, that whether it's against the Giants in SB 42 or Jax on Sunday, that the recipe as to why we barely win or lose games we should win is all tied to one thing:

Tom Brady and his preference to run the shotgun base spread.

Throw in 2 INTs, courtesy, of old Tommy Boy, and the defense that is facing our offense, is one step closer to accomplishing their gameplan, which is to sell out on a pass rush.

It's sort of like playing checkers. Once you get someone baited and trapped, you've won.  That's what smart/good defenses do to us. Play man, be aggressive, ignore the run unless we sub backs in and out, and just run a mix of stunts and blitzes, but only rush now more than 5.

We should be RUNNING THE BALL AT THAT OVER AND OVER to thwart it, but we don't. 

That is what we need our offense to not fall prey to, and that and that alone is LONE concern in the postseason just like it was last year. You and RKarp watching back two games that featured offenses we shouldn't be running is hilarious to me because it shows how ignorant you are on this concept.

And to be fair, we shouldn't be using the SF game as a study anyway. That game is an outlier example.  You know it, I know it.    In fact, that game in a nutshell shows why we lost SB 42 and 46 or a myriad of other games we threw away since 2005.

If our own D isn't bailing it out with turnovers to spark a comeback or whatever, the offense gets going too late and runs out of time.

I can list the games.  Don't make me do it. Nothing has changed unless our offense makes it change.

What makes your antics disturbing here, as many of us have spelled this out to you here for over 18 months, is that you're a smart person.  Ignorance is WORSE, however, than stupidity.

[/QUOTE]

Yes, crusty, every one is wrong or stupid but you.  Quite the opposite, actually.

The line sucked and has for the past 4 games as noted.  Wendell wiffed, Connoly wiffed,  Solder wiffed, all against Jax's 32nd ranked line.  One might excuse them against Mia, Tex and Atl but really,  Jax?  Problem is, they won't be playing the bottom of the league in the play-offs, nor have they in the past 5 years where they did not perform well.

Gronk being out hasn't helped as the line obviously doesn't perform to standards without him.

Any ways here's Reis's grades (You know, the guy you hold in high esteem)  Is he wrong too?

Pass offense

Tom Brady was fired up on the Patriots bench, and with good reason. Given the opponent, this unit underperformed mightily. Brady, like his hiccup game three weeks ago in Miami, is partly to blame, not taking care of the ball well enough with two interceptions. But tight end Aaron Hernandez had a quiet game, hauling in his just one of his five targets. Wes Welker carried the offense, as he often does when nothing else is going right. Another problem: pass protection, which allowed Brady to be sacked three times and hit in numerous other cases, especially late in the game.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from sheldong. Show sheldong's posts

[QUOTE]

So, basically, you're calling Sheldong a liar. Super. What's next?  Is this the part where you claim I am Sheldong and it's one of my many fake accounts so you can wiggle out of your desperation deflection attempts to protect Brady on the interwebs? lol

[/QUOTE]

I have no idea who RockScully is, but I can assure you that I am not him.  I have been posting here, off and on, for years (originally under sheldonlg, but a screwup of the board killed that one).

I agree that we have to establish the run, but disagree with how much and when and how.  I think our spread opens up the run, not the other way around.  I would like to see more play fakes, though.  That is what I find (and found on Sunday) to be the most effective weapon -- and Brady does it so well.  That means more under center.  We can still use a spread with it though, keeping only one runner/good blocker in the backfield.  The thing is, though, with the play fake Brady can't wait around all year -- and he did that a few times on Sunday.

To change the subject, I don't see why our D can't adjust more quickly than the third series.  If they see something totally unexpected, then call a timeout after two or three plays and adjust.  First half timeouts aren't all that important.  Don't wait until they are at your 10 yd line.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to pezz4pats's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You just don't get it.  I am sure there are some bad plays with what you're referencing.  What you don't get it is what you haven't gotten this whole time.  There's a reason that it APPEARS how it APPEARS.

It's utterly ridiculous to not admit at this point, that whether it's against the Giants in SB 42 or Jax on Sunday, that the recipe as to why we barely win or lose games we should win is all tied to one thing:

Tom Brady and his preference to run the shotgun base spread.

Throw in 2 INTs, courtesy, of old Tommy Boy, and the defense that is facing our offense, is one step closer to accomplishing their gameplan, which is to sell out on a pass rush.

It's sort of like playing checkers. Once you get someone baited and trapped, you've won.  That's what smart/good defenses do to us. Play man, be aggressive, ignore the run unless we sub backs in and out, and just run a mix of stunts and blitzes, but only rush now more than 5.

We should be RUNNING THE BALL AT THAT OVER AND OVER to thwart it, but we don't. 

That is what we need our offense to not fall prey to, and that and that alone is LONE concern in the postseason just like it was last year. You and RKarp watching back two games that featured offenses we shouldn't be running is hilarious to me because it shows how ignorant you are on this concept.

And to be fair, we shouldn't be using the SF game as a study anyway. That game is an outlier example.  You know it, I know it.    In fact, that game in a nutshell shows why we lost SB 42 and 46 or a myriad of other games we threw away since 2005.

If our own D isn't bailing it out with turnovers to spark a comeback or whatever, the offense gets going too late and runs out of time.

I can list the games.  Don't make me do it. Nothing has changed unless our offense makes it change.

What makes your antics disturbing here, as many of us have spelled this out to you here for over 18 months, is that you're a smart person.  Ignorance is WORSE, however, than stupidity.

[/QUOTE]

Yes, crusty, every one is wrong or stupid but you.  Quite the opposite, actually.

The line sucked and has for the past 4 games as noted.  Wendell wiffed, Connoly wiffed,  Solder wiffed, all against Jax's 32nd ranked line.  One might excuse them against Mia, Tex and Atl but really,  Jax?  Problem is, they won't be playing the bottom of the league in the play-offs, nor have they in the past 5 years where they did not perform well.

Gronk being out hasn't helped as the line obviously doesn't perform to standards without him.

Any ways here's Reis's grades (You know, the guy you hold in high esteem)  Is he wrong too?

Pass offense

Tom Brady was fired up on the Patriots bench, and with good reason. Given the opponent, this unit underperformed mightily. Brady, like his hiccup game three weeks ago in Miami, is partly to blame, not taking care of the ball well enough with two interceptions. But tight end Aaron Hernandez had a quiet game, hauling in his just one of his five targets. Wes Welker carried the offense, as he often does when nothing else is going right. Another problem: pass protection, which allowed Brady to be sacked three times and hit in numerous other cases, especially late in the game.

[/QUOTE]

Every O Lineman in this league might "whiff" over the course of a game. It happens LESS when you arent passing 40+ times as you been told many times here.

What Reis doesn't tell us is that the RBs were subbed in and out, we didn't have much of an established run game, so when the backs are subbed in and out late, it tells Jax that we're passing, making it easier to pass rush and harder on the O Line.

I like to know the WHY. You don't. I am educated and ask questions. You're not and like to pee in the wind not caring.

THAT is WHY.  You just ignore it and hope Brady throws 40+ times this week and beyond, looking to blame the O Line or someone on the defense like a broken record.

Brady held onto the ball way too long in the Jax game and that's why he took hits. And, we didn't commit to a run game as stated above.

My favorite part of this is you and your buddies in denial AFTER A PRIMARY SOURCED, objective ACCOUNT from a fellow Pats fan who was AT THE GAME and had the advantage WE DON'T on TV.

So, basically, you're calling Sheldong a liar. Super. What's next?  Is this the part where you claim I am Sheldong and it's one of my many fake accounts so you can wiggle out of your desperation deflection attempts to protect Brady on the interwebs? lol

If you seriously want to make love to Brady, forget it.  He's married and not interested in you.    Take your male bedroom fantasies elsewhere, please.

Sincerely,

The Board

[/QUOTE]

No one is calling sheldong a liar but what YOU refuse to aknowledge is that QB play is dependent and totally influenced by the play of the rest of the O.

It's also dependent on defensive and special team play.

Qb's get hurried, scaked and hit.  Recievers drop balls and run bad routes, playing from behind changes everything.

The best QB's in the league only hit on 65% of their passes, which means they don't on 35%.

Expecting any QB to do that consistantly, despite all the formentioned problems is beyond ridiculous.

Mike Reis was at the game too and he said the recievers were poor and the O-line was sub-par.  The stats support that.  He is also a trained analysist. 

So are the PFW crew who are saying the same things at this very moment.

But every one is wrong except you......who are nothing more than a salesman who wears "I hate TB glasses, even to bed".

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

Oh, I see, a few weeks ago Reis was the bestest and the only one you read.  Now he is not qualified and you know more than him.    BWAAAHHAAAA

Once again, liar and fraud!   FACT!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

In response to sheldong's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Yesterday was my son's birthday and back in June I bought tickets to the game for the two of us.  When you are at the game you can see the whole field and get a different perspective of what is going on.

First, let me preface this by saying that Brady is a great QB and a maybe even the very best ever.  However, yesterday, he just plain stunk it up.  On one series he twice threw into very tight coverage on the right sideline -- incomplete -- when Welker didn't have a defender within fifteen yeards of him.  On that second one it would have been a walk-in touchdown for Welker.  Instead, we settled for a field goal.  He also undertrhrew a number of passes and overthrew quite a few (one to Welker for what would have been a long gain).  There was none of that surgical, precision passing that we have gotten so used to.  I lay the blame for this being as close as it was squarely on his shoulders.

The defense needs to wake up before a full quarter of the game is gone.  That first Jacksonville march down the field was ridiculous.  It looked like Brady, not Henne, was their QB picking apart our defense with surgical precision.  Thankfully they woke up and gave up little (except one long running play) the rest of the game. 

We can also thank that wide receiver on the right side of the Jacksonville line for his false start when they had second and goal from the one foot line.

I guess I shouldn't complain.  It became a rather exciting game rather than the 51-13 that I predicted before the game.  However, I don't really want to go down to the last five seconds to know that we have won the game.  We can't afford to play like that against quality opponents if we want to go all the way.  For that matter, we better straighten the ship or we will lose to Miami --  a much better team than Jacksonville.

Just  my observations from nose bleed territory on the 50-yard line.

[/QUOTE]

My question is why the coach in the skybox didn't  see what sheldong is talking about and make Brady aware ...?  If there are people running open then maybe hit that play again...? I did see Welker make a nice catch on a long ball. 

That fake stretch run play action is a good play they put in against Houston and it continues to work and give Brady more time .  Reverse to welker worked , run it again, maybe to Hernandez...?  overall weak offensive game plan along with sketchy execution by everybody.

Jim gray (ESPN radio) interviews Brady every week at halftime mnf...  Brady said jax will play tough (gray laughed ).  10 hits  and 2 picks later, Brady seemed to know something. 

jax is better than their record.  Combined with crappy game plan and execution, you get what we saw.  A nailbiter.

plenty of blame to go around to entire team.  Take the W and learn from the numerous mistakes. 

25. This post has been removed.