1. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

Re: I was at the game

In response to RockScully's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to coolade2's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to sheldong's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Yesterday was my son's birthday and back in June I bought tickets to the game for the two of us.  When you are at the game you can see the whole field and get a different perspective of what is going on.

First, let me preface this by saying that Brady is a great QB and a maybe even the very best ever.  However, yesterday, he just plain stunk it up.  On one series he twice threw into very tight coverage on the right sideline -- incomplete -- when Welker didn't have a defender within fifteen yeards of him.  On that second one it would have been a walk-in touchdown for Welker.  Instead, we settled for a field goal.  He also undertrhrew a number of passes and overthrew quite a few (one to Welker for what would have been a long gain).  There was none of that surgical, precision passing that we have gotten so used to.  I lay the blame for this being as close as it was squarely on his shoulders.

The defense needs to wake up before a full quarter of the game is gone.  That first Jacksonville march down the field was ridiculous.  It looked like Brady, not Henne, was their QB picking apart our defense with surgical precision.  Thankfully they woke up and gave up little (except one long running play) the rest of the game. 

We can also thank that wide receiver on the right side of the Jacksonville line for his false start when they had second and goal from the one foot line.

I guess I shouldn't complain.  It became a rather exciting game rather than the 51-13 that I predicted before the game.  However, I don't really want to go down to the last five seconds to know that we have won the game.  We can't afford to play like that against quality opponents if we want to go all the way.  For that matter, we better straighten the ship or we will lose to Miami --  a much better team than Jacksonville.

Just  my observations from nose bleed territory on the 50-yard line.

[/QUOTE]

My question is why the coach in the skybox didn't  see what sheldong is talking about and make Brady aware ...?  If there are people running open then maybe hit that play again...? I did see Welker make a nice catch on a long ball. 

That fake stretch run play action is a good play they put in against Houston and it continues to work and give Brady more time .  Reverse to welker worked , run it again, maybe to Hernandez...?  overall weak offensive game plan along with sketchy execution by everybody.

Jim gray (ESPN radio) interviews Brady every week at halftime mnf...  Brady said jax will play tough (gray laughed ).  10 hits  and 2 picks later, Brady seemed to know something. 

jax is better than their record.  Combined with crappy game plan and execution, you get what we saw.  A nailbiter.

plenty of blame to go around to entire team.  Take the W and learn from the numerous mistakes. 

[/QUOTE]

Dude, I knew Jax would play tough. Guys are playing for jobs here.  They're 2-12, so that was their personal SB.  They also have players on that D.  That Cox kid at CB is good.   Mathis, Jason Babin, Alualu, etc, etc, etc. That hasn't been their issue. It's been their O Line.

Miami will do the same thing, it's up to Brady and McDaniels to finally commit to  run game earlier and more often with a guy who can pound the rock, which is Ridley and Bolden.

Let Bolden run amuck, activate Gronk and use him to block and run right at Cameron Wake a lot in the first half. There's your ballgame.

[/QUOTE]

yeah... Cox was good, safety prosinski was hitting everywhere, mincey made plays on dl (one great play in coverage...) their scheme was good against running game, then they used zone blitzes to get pressure. 

offense... henne seems better than his Miami version, Blackmon is excellent, Lewis Te , with JD at rb this team could make a move next year.
    Malarkey is a good coach, so why the 2-12?

Miami game plan should be as simple as possible especially if early games play out with ravens and colts losing.  These 2 games alter game plan imo., and major substitutions should occur, including Brady.

If mallet gets in, he should run a power offense with Molden and play action to HOOIE  and branch.  3rd down hit vereeen out of backfield. These guys all need the reps.   would be great to have B team kick ass.  If mallett can get comfortable and run this offense , this b team would be fun to watch.

On D , would like to see ebner, Wilson, Tracy white, Francis, beqette, deaderick all get lots of reps. secondary seems  thin now ... Ya think we could use sterling Moore..?  Hmmm...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from sheldong. Show sheldong's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Greg Bedard watched the game on tape ( and attended the game) and reports that the oline played poorly. ( Neal, please keep the Vaseline comments between yourself and your hands).

so lets see, everyone who attended the game ( including myself), every analyst, every writer, and every ex player turned talking head who attended the game, or had the opportunity to see the film ( I did not see film) says that the Oline played very poorly, worst game of the year stuff....except Neal says everyone has no clue except for himself, and he is telling it to is straight up as he is smarter than everyone else. 

In the moronic, over used obnoxious words of Neal......" Tears!" 

According to Bedard;

Offensive line (1 out of 5)

The worst performance this season. In order: Ryan Wendell (two hurries), Dan Connolly (sack, hurry), Mankins (two knockdowns, hurry, 1.5 stuffed runs), Solder (three hurries, 2.5 knockdowns), and Sebastian Vollmer (sack, hurry, 2.5 knockdowns, half-stuff). And that doesn’t even account for the hurry and three stuffed runs I couldn’t assign blame to.

The reason for the lack of execution constantly changed, from losing one-on-one battles to whiffing on chop blocks (Vollmer twice) and failing to pick up stunting linemen. The latter was probably the most alarming. A postseason opponent will watch that film and plan to exploit a line that continues to be subpar at stunts, mostly because Mankins, Vollmer, and (to a lesser extent) Connolly are very gimpy.

[/QUOTE]

Yes, the O-line played very poorly.  However, Bedard giving Brady a 4 out of 5 and saying he was one of the five Pats that came to play was utterly ridiculous.  He also made no mention of the two wide open Welker situations where Brady threw into tight coverage and also made no mention of the many underthrows and overthrows.  I don't know what game HE was watching, but it wasn't the one on the field.

Now that is no excuse for the very poor play of the O-line --- but that wasn't the main subject of the thread I started here.  Brady deserved a 1.5 out of 5, not a 4 out of 5.

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from sheldong. Show sheldong's posts

[QUOTE]

Iust make sure you're here if, god forbid, Brady collapses again in the postseason. 

[/QUOTE]

Still for any given game I would pick Brady to be my QB over any other QB.  The only other one that is very close (almost a tossup) plays for Denver.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from sheldong. Show sheldong's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to sheldong's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Just make sure you're here if, god forbid, Brady collapses again in the postseason. 

[/QUOTE]

Still for any given game I would pick Brady to be my QB over any other QB.  The only other one that is very close (almost a tossup) plays for Denver.

[/QUOTE]

I would too. But, these fanboys aren't honest and aren't consistent, objective fans. He just called you a troll after your took your son to Jax as a Xmas gift and spent money on supporting the team.

They're sick, sick people, dude.  Sick.

[/QUOTE]

It was a birthday present (44).  We don't celebrate Christmas, but I hope you had a very merry Christmas.  In fact, I hope everyone here (including you know who) had a happy holiday.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from sheldong. Show sheldong's posts

[QUOTE]

Well, it was a gift.  It's lame people are attacked for being honest and real fans.  Anyway, I hope we're celebrating a good playoff run here this year with a better run offense this time around.

[/QUOTE]

I have a masters in Mechanical Engineering and in college we learned an expression, which though it sounds like Latin, really isn't.  It is "Non Carborundum Illegitemeti". 

Translation:  "Don't let the b@st@rds grind you down".

That goes for the three monkeys as well "Hear no evil. See no evil. Speak no evil.".  Well, I guess they don't really listen to what the third monkey said.

In my life (71), I have been called far worse than a troll by idiots.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from sheldong. Show sheldong's posts

[QUOTE]

I hear ya.  Really, if the mods just banned the 5-10 psychopaths here, we'd be fine.

[/QUOTE]

Idiots? - yes.  A$$holes? - yes.  Homers? -- yes.  Psycopaths?  -- Really now!  I wouldn't go that far in name calling.

12. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts