I Was Right

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rick1008. Show Rick1008's posts

I Was Right

On 9/23 I posted a poll to which many people responded that I was an idiot.  The poll asked 'Which Patriot is Most Overrated?'  The possible responses were Matt Light, Randy Moss, Adalius Thomas, and The Entire Offensive Line.  Some people thought that was an idiotic set of choices.  Guess what?  I was right.  Light gave up a game-changing sack, Moss and Thomas were invisible, and the line cost us the game.  Thanks to those who discussed, and to those who mocked it, eat it.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SICOFITALL. Show SICOFITALL's posts

Re: I Was Right

You should be mocked. Way to go out on a limb there, AD has been useless almost the entire time he has been here. Matt Light has been fading fast..and faster. And Randy cant pass block, then go catch a 20yrd comeback. Calling you a moron is an understatment! Seriously have you been eating stupid lately?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

Moss is not overrated.  He changes the field of play.  If the Pats had another receiver or a real offensive coordinator, the space created by the Ravens having Ed Reed 15-20 yards over the top of Moss' side of the field every play would have given the Pats an opportunity to make them pay.

Logan Mankins is legit, though.  So is Sebastian Vollmer.  And Koppen is better than at least 2/3 of the centers in the league, too.  Stephen Neal's only problem is staying healthy.

Matt Light is the only lineman who I agree is overrated, but we've all known this since Super Bowl XLII, perhaps even before then when Dwight Freeney and Jason Taylor were using him as a turnstile.  I don't think anybody ever mistook Nick Kazcur for anything special - he's been properly rated for his entire career as a mediocre right tackle who gives you decent value if he's signed cheap enough.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from k-maxx. Show k-maxx's posts

So 25% of your post are about you..........sweet.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

Moss isn't overrated.  He had another big year.  But he is obviously playing pretty hurt and he just could not play through it by the close of the season.  I want ghim to remain a Pat.

Light was very good, but that was during the SB runs.  He is fine 75% of the time, but during that other 25% he gets blown up.  So I voted "yes" to agree that he is overrated.

AD has his skills.  He had a good 2007 and was on a roll for a monster 2008 before going on IR.  But after he mouthed off yet again last Thursday I decided it was time to stop defending him.  He needs to go.  Maybe not overrated, but definitely did not work out this season for the Pats and definitely never played up to his huge contract.  He might have a rebirth with a team that uses him more appropriately. He doesn't seem to respond to a stern coach.  He trived under Rex Ryan, who uses a more aimable stile.

Vollmer looks like he could become a Pro Bowler.  Mankins is.  Koppen got crushed at times this year, like yesterday.  But he never makes ball handling mistakes, so it is tough to say he needs to go.

Sections
Shortcuts