I will gladly admit I was wrong

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Re: I will gladly admit I was wrong

I still say target some Pats type RBs in the draft and also sign a FA.  Morris and Faulk are likely done here, as will be Fred Taylor.

So, you have to clearly look to bolster this part of the roster.  Even if Morris signs a short one year deal as insurance, I'd still look for a legit FA RB who wouldn't mind playing a role as a potential back up to BJGE.

Someone like a Jerome Harrison who got hurt this year, but someone like that.  He has to be good enough to be an emergency back, but not someone who will complain about workload.

Maybe a Brandon Jackson from GB. Someone who has years in the league, but isn't necessarily an every down back.  Too bad Fred Jackson wasn't available.

I agree BJGE is the ideal kind of back for this offense, but also needs to be pushed in camp with an under the radar veteran and a draft pick.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

I don't think Fred Taylor will be back, especially if the Pats can go the distance

I think Sammy Morris would want a bigger role somewhere else, but he also might retire under the right circumstances.  He's been a force on special teams, which can't be what he envisioned when he came here.

I was all for Law Firm.  I'm happy to see him do well.  Woodhead and Law Firm complement each other's skill sets well (although I certainly wouldn't object if the Pats signed Pierre Thomas or DeAngelo Williams this offseason)

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rodimus77. Show Rodimus77's posts

Never had a clue that you did not have faith in Green-Ellis, but I too am glad that you were wrong. lol. I still think the Pats should draft another RB more in the line of a Corey Dillon type. His contract is up after this year also? I hope he gets resigned.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking11. Show harleyroadking11's posts

He's exactly what this offense needs, a 80/90 yard a game pounder up the gut type back. What impresses me most is the 300+ touches and 0 fumbles. 
    You're apology is graciously accepted LOL....have a good new year Killa it should be a momentous one for you and the whole Killa family

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

Not a good year for you Killa lol.  First Moss and now this.  To be fair, the O-Line, in conjunction with Crumpler and Gronkowski, are blocking like crazy.  Not trying to take credit from the Law Firm, just trying to add credit to the other guys.  I don't think Benny would be running this well if he were given the chance with last year's supporting cast.

Benny will not be an unrestricted free agent for a while.  Signing him shouldn't be too difficult unless he falls into the group of players who expect gold buckets and virgins after one good season.  Whatever happens, I have a hard time even pretending to guess anymore.  BB has taken the league and us fans to school this year.  I have no idea what he will do.  I only know if will be the best for the team.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from PerryM. Show PerryM's posts

In Response to I will gladly admit I was wrong:
    [QUOTE]So I didnt really like the Maroney trade. Not because I wanted Maroney to stay in NE but because i was never sold on Law Firm. I came right out and said anyone who thought Benny (Law Firm) was the answer was sadly mistaken and I am gladly going to admit I was wrong. Benny has gone from a big time question mark (IMO) to a legit NFL RB. He is 70 yards away from breaking 1000 yards. Even when i was sold on him after he became the starter when people brought up the 1000 yard mark I still said he wouldnt make it, maybe 900 yards and again I gladly say I was wrong. I wanted to draft a RB next year but if he plays this way all the way to a title I say we have our RB for the next year or so and maybe we dont worry about drafting a RB. The guy surprised me and I just wanted to give props to all the people who saw what I did not see because i didnt think he was this good. Now I do think that the Pats right now have the best O line in all of football and that almost any good RB could play well behind this line, Logan Mankins has really made the difference. But even with that said Law Firm has really shown that with a good o line in front of him he can hammer the ball down people throats. So I was wrong and some of you were right in a big way. Will Law Firm break 1000 yards next week? And if so do you see the Pats being able to resign him as this is his last year on his contract????
    Posted by MVPkilla4life[/QUOTE]
     I think he will get the 72 yards he needs this week and break the 100. As far re-signing him I beleive it all depends on what the organization does when the season ends. A lot of people are looking for the Patriots to draft a RB early in the draft. I think if the pats actively try to extend the Law Firm early it may not take a back until the later rounds. After all, Coach BB has always liked the back who can pound out 4-5 yards a carry to set up the pass, as in Antoine Smith, Corey Dillion type. And Killa, a lot of us were wrong about all you mentioned, and this person is glad I was...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

In Response to Re: I will gladly admit I was wrong:
    [QUOTE]Not a good year for you Killa lol.  First Moss and now this.  To be fair, the O-Line, in conjunction with Crumpler and Gronkowski, are blocking like crazy.  Not trying to take credit from the Law Firm, just trying to add credit to the other guys.  I don't think Benny would be running this well if he were given the chance with last year's supporting cast. Benny will not be an unrestricted free agent for a while.  Signing him shouldn't be too difficult unless he falls into the group of players who expect gold buckets and virgins after one good season.  Whatever happens, I have a hard time even pretending to guess anymore.  BB has taken the league and us fans to school this year.  I have no idea what he will do.  I only know if will be the best for the team.
    Posted by carawaydj[/QUOTE]

This is why I sort of defend Maroney.   The playcalling in 2009, the lack of a starting TE who could at least block a little and get open, no 3rd WR, Brady back from injury, etc.

I agree his tapdancing was utterly annoying and he just wasn't a fit, but to be fair, he was sent in for a play and they'd run the ball.  It was way too predictable.

That said, I always really liked BJGE's downhill style, patience or very quick and fluid runs through the holes, even in preseason.

People laugh and say it's "preseason", but I'll never forget Curtis Martin's first preseason game. You could tell he had "it".

BJGE has "it".

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

Ding d*ng, Maroney's gone!

Laughing

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rick8795. Show Rick8795's posts

Wrong about the RB situation? Its just one piece of this story book season. There was more than a few people that predicted at best an 8-8, or 9-7 record for this team. Everything that could go right had thus far, draft picks, trades, waiver wire pick ups, play book, and who knows what else.

There was a t-shirt that was sold after SB XXXVI, Pats/Rams, and on the front it has: Don't talk to me..., and on the back it has If you didn't believe.

Might have to dig up some of those shirts again.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Benny and Danny really owe it to the rest of the offense.  The O-line doesn't have any really big lugs like Jake Long but most of what they have deliver nasty blocks.  Most of them have the speed to pull and run counter plays.  Connolly for one looked pretty fast for an O-lineman.

Worse for defenses, the O-line often features two of the strongest tight ends in the NFL.  Crumpler is a pure blocker, a 275 pound extra tackle on the field, with some catching ability.  Gronk at 265 almost flipped over a blocking sled in rookie camp.  Seven big blockers on the line beats five plus a wimpy tight end like, say, Dustin Keller.  Bill Belichick's son could run behind the Patriots line.

Then there's the passing game.  Nobody ever stacks up 8 defenders at the line against Brady except to try an all-out blitz, which too often backfires for the opponent.

For all these reasons I don't give BJGE or Woodhead tremendous marks.  They're still quite good.  Green-Ellis gets special marks for having never fumbled the football in his entire professional career. 

I don't expect BJGE to break 1000 yards, as the Miami game is meaningless and the Divisional Round is for real.  It's still nice to know that he could have broken 1000 yards. 

I'd give the Law Firm the high tender if I were Jonathan Kraft.  Too many teams are willing to rip off anything that says 'Patriots' on it.

Oh, and I called for a 13-3 season just before the season began.  I lowered it from 14-2 after Ty Warren went down.  If Miami gets its Xmas present game, ka-CHING!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

Killa . . .

didn't you just do this with the Randy Moss trade?

Dude, you're getting into some bad habits.

Cool

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ShiningWizard. Show ShiningWizard's posts

The Pats should still draft a running to add to their committee.  Sammy Morris and Fred Taylor are done, Faulk might be too(sadly).  I love the way Law Firm is running the ball with conviction, but he's a RFA.  I assume the Pats will tender him an offer, but if another teams blows him away with an offer the Pats likely won't match it.  They'll just add a couple guys through the draft/FA. 

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

I think they will do what they want to, again this year and next, and next.  Bill KNOWS he is right, he doesn't care about your opinion, or mine, or anyone that doesn't sign his paycheck.  And THAT guy is really frickin happy.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

I think you called me a moron on a few occasions about my wanting to dump the bum.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from JerrySpringer. Show JerrySpringer's posts

[QUOTE]I think you called me a moron on a few occasions about my wanting to dump the bum.
    Posted by tcal2-[/QUOTE]

He not only called you a bumm but me a moron. I wanted Maroney gone and Moss also. They all called me nutz but gee, how right was I !!!!
    Still the best pick up by far is Woodhead.

THe Pats need to draft another line O-line to bolster the front... Then the dark side will be complete

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

Let me ask you this: all the people that DID think BJGE was the answer, what made you think so? Film? Highlights? Scouting reports? What exactly was it?

I ask because when we get a new player, there are two camps: one that believes he fits and another that believes he doesn't fit. Someone is always going to be wrong and someone is always going to be right.

I just want to know what people saw in Benny to think that he'd do well.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from rxmsg. Show rxmsg's posts

I was wrong about evertyhing that's happened this season and I too cheerfully admit it.
    I will not question His Hoodieness ever again.  BB is a football genius and I vow to never question his moves again...I have to subscribe to blind faith..there is no other option.
    Now...who would forseen this teams tranformation from training camp to now?
    This has got to be BB's masterpiece season.
    Let's all be honest here...there are few fans here who did not doubt BB...myself included...but I swear I will never doubt BB again...if I do slip I want a beat down from everyone on this forum.
    I hope the Pats win another Lombardi but if it's not in the cards this season has already been a huge success and such a pleasure to follow.
    And with the draft picks we have this team could be scary for years to come....
    I won't speculate on draft picks..it doesn't matter who I hope they draft...whomever BB drafts I have faith in.
    Is there another coach alive who could turnover the roster like this and have this success?  Good grief !!!  What a masterpeice and the masterpiece is only partially completed.  This team is built to dominate for years....
    No more complaining here...I will just sit back and enjoy the ride...if it has a few bumps so what... Enjoy the ride folks cause this team is going places for years to come.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

I already explained my take. 

I went by his carries in preseason and in spots when they had big leads. I just feel he has good feel running in between the tackles, good vision and falls forward.

3 yards on the ground is nothing to sneeze at when Brady is your QB.

Maroney would gain 3 and then lose 2. 

It's the difference between 3rd and 4 and 3rd and 8.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

[QUOTE]I was wrong about evertyhing that's happened this season and I too cheerfully admit it. I will not question His Hoodieness ever again.  BB is a fotball genius and I vow to never question his moves agian...I have to subscribe to blind faith..there no other option. Now...who would forseen this teams tranformation from training camp to now? This has got to be BB's masterpiece season. Let's all be honest here...there are few fans here who did not doubt BB...myself included...but I swear I will never doubt BB again...if I do slip I want a beat down from everyone on this forum. I hope the Pats win another Lombardi but if it's not in the cards this season has already been a huge success and such a pleasure to follow. And the the drsft picks we have this team could scary for years to come.... I won't speculate on draft picks..it doesn't matter who I hope they draft...whomever BB drafts I have faith in. Is there another coach alive who could turnover the roster like this and have this success?  Good grief !!!  What a masterpeice and the masterpiece is only partially completed.  This team is built to dominate for years.... No more complaining here...I will just sit back and enjoy the ride...if it has a few bumps so what... Enjoy the ride folks cause this team is going places for years to come.
    Posted by rxmsg[/QUOTE]

Nice to see some confessionals surfacing.   Trust me when I say if you lived in Detroit and Lions fans saw you complaining back in August, they'd think you needed pscyhiatric help like our little friend Phat Rex.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

I said the Jets would not make the  playoffs and I was wrong.  I still think they don't deserve to be in, but that's neither here nor there.

Everyone is wrong at some point. Of course.

What I found odd is the idea that BB and Brady would somehow lead this team to only 7 or 8 wins.

It's like, some fans took the anti-Pats bait and they are Pats fans!

Everything started to tilt in the 11+ win direction, not the 10- direction.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from maine12. Show maine12's posts

I was wrong about the LawFirm as well, I didn't believe he could become the feature back. I believe he will be ours next year too, I find it hard to believe that any money during free agency will be used on anything besides Mr. Mankins.