I wonder if Brandon Ford is any good...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

I wonder if Brandon Ford is any good...

OK, so as of right now, none of us really know how the Hernandez situation will ultimately shake out.  However, based on all of the reports that we've heard in the past 24 hrs linking him to this crime, as well as the weird report about the shooting in Florida, it is looking less and less likely that we will see him in a Partiots uniform any time soon.  Hope I'm wrong, but that is how it looks to me right now.  So how do we replace him, if he isn't in fact available?  One UDFA who was over-looked by many, including myself, is TE Brandon Ford from Clemson.  Please don't twist this into me saying that Ford will be as good as AH.  That isn't what I am saying at all.  All I'm saying is that Ford is a slightly bigger guy (6'3" 245 vs AH is 6'1" 240) and a little less athletic, but he reportedly catches the ball well and had a productive senior season at Clemson once he finally got his chance to start after spending most of his career backing up the highly-regarded Dwayne Allen.  Maybe he won't amount top anything and get cut before the season, but maybe he will step up and prove himself worthy of a spot if Hernandez isn't around in the coming months.  Time will tell, but in light of Hernandez's situation, Brandon Ford might be a name to keep on the radar.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

Re: I wonder if Brandon Ford is any good...

I could see he competing with the veteran Fells for a roster spot if we don't have AH.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Maybe, but I'm still looking at Sudfeld. You could see them enter the season with Ballard being your #1, Sudfeld/Fells as your #2/3 TE's, and Hoom as your #4 TE/FB with Gronk being on the active roster but not playing until week 3/4

I swear by lil 10 pound bearded baby Jesus

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:

Maybe, but I'm still looking at Sudfeld. You could see them enter the season with Ballard being your #1, Sudfeld/Fells as your #2/3 TE's, and Hoom as your #4 TE/FB with Gronk being on the active roster but not playing until week 3/4

I swear by lil 10 pound bearded baby Jesus

Yeah, I would agree that this could be the scenario come week 1.  I also agree that from the sounds of Gronk's recovery period, He likely could play week 1, but it might be smart for NE to hold him out till week 3 or 4.  We'll see, it's a little early to start guessing on his return.  I'm counting Hernandez out at this point. I'll be shocked if we see him in a Pats uni again.  No doubt that his departure will sting, as he is a very good TE, but I think we can plug guys in who will perform well and minimize the loss.  If he has a good camp/preseason, I could see Ford beating out Fells for a roster spot.  Crazy week, huh?

Sections
Shortcuts