I would bring back Brandon Meriweather

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from GadisRKO. Show GadisRKO's posts

Re: I would bring back Brandon Meriweather

If you want a guy with size, speed and athletic ability that can knock your teeth out AND is a solid tackler, go get Tyvon Branch.

That guy is built like a rock, tackles like a rock and is VERY fast.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

NO.

He is a bust

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to "Re: I would bring back Brandon Meriweather": [QUOTE]So, you justify him by saying is, basically, as good as anyone after Chung that was on the roster last year? You realize that's really not saying anything. The Pats fielded a bunch of street FAs and STers, guys that were drafted in the 100s, if at all. Fairyweather was a first rounder from a premeire school. He's had every opportunity to show he can play in the NFL and has failed miserably. He couldn't play in a disciplined D, and he couldn't play in the much looser style in CHI. He. Can't. Play. Let this be (ANOTHER) lesson to all those idiot fathers and uncles who drink all day and think they know anything about football. I don't like the guy, but Merriweather was set up to fail from the time he was a young kid by moronic relatives that he was too young to identify as such. Posted by ma6dragon9[/QUOTE] I would justify bringing him back by saying that the Pats won a lot of games with Merri on the field. I would also point out he stays on the field every game, and if he could be brought in at a price he is worth the shot. I have read Landry, of whom I am a fan, but not at the cost he would warrant. I have also read Griffin, of whom I am not a fan. Name another safety that doesn't break the bank that may produce more than Merri could?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1guy1sharp. Show 1guy1sharp's posts

Saying we won a lot of games with him means nothing. LOL Seriously , we won a lot if games Laura Maroney too. It speaks volumes that you want him back , but can't point to one good thing he does. He can't tackle , poor angles , poor decision making , can't cover and I could go on. Also he never got that much better from his rookie season until now. Even the bears , who use a system that plays to his strengths cut him. I'm all set with him , LMFAO even if Rusty thinks he was the second best FS in 09-10.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to "Re: I would bring back Brandon Meriweather": [QUOTE]Saying we won a lot of games with him means nothing. LOL Seriously , we won a lot if games Laura Maroney too. It speaks volumes that you want him back , but can't point to one good thing he does. He can't tackle , poor angles , poor decision making , can't cover and I could go on. Also he never got that much better from his rookie season until now. Even the bears , who use a system that plays to his strengths cut him. I'm all set with him , LMFAO even if Rusty thinks he was the second best FS in 09-10. Posted by 1guy1sharp[/QUOTE] But if he is an improvement over current players and nothing better is available what is the argument other than you don't like him. Yes, he takes bad angles, but better than Ihedigbo and Barrett. Yes, he doesn't always wrap up, but better than Griffin. I get you don't want him, but who do you get that fits financially that is clearly better? Merri at his worst was better than Bown, Barrett and Ihedigbo. And Chung can't stay on the field.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ipats. Show ipats's posts

It doesn't matter how talented the kid is, he is uncoachable. Ask BB or LS.  You look at the existing roster and say he's better than everyone they have. A coach looks at him and is so frustrated that he will sign guys off the street rather than have him in his locker room.

If you brought BM back I guarantee you his attitude would be; "See, they knew they screwed up and brought me back." There would never, ever be any recognition of past mistakes. Tigers don't change their stripes. See one Albert Haynesworth.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

If BB sent Meriweather packing with guys like Brown and Barrett on the bench, how much could he think of him and his willingness to play within the system? 

I thought Meriweather got a bad rap at times, but it was clear toward the end that he just wasn't going to do what BB needed him to do.   

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

he would have been our best safety this year when chung was hurt he actually MADE plays not just tackles.

I thought his tackling stunk up the joint. Who cares if he is a big hitter if he never wraps up and tackles anyone? Let him go some where else.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Name the last player that BB brought back after cutting and wasn't resigned immediately (i.e. excluding ones for roster management purposes)

/crickets

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In Response to Re: I would bring back Brandon Meriweather:
    [QUOTE]Name the last player that BB brought back after cutting and wasn't resigned immediately (i.e. excluding ones for roster management purposes) ... /crickets
    Posted by pcmIV[/QUOTE]

This year...Gerard Warren and Eric Moore
    Last year...Shawn Crable and Tully Banta Cain

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

When did he bring back Shawn Crable last year? I thought he was still tripping special teams players for the Jests.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: I would bring back Brandon Meriweather : This year...Gerard Warren and Eric Moore Last year...Shawn Crable and Tully Banta Cain
    Posted by rkarp[/QUOTE]

I guess you could argue Warren although I thought it was pretty clear he was going to come back for the playoff run.  Moore and Crable never saw the field and were depth guys.  TBC was not cut after his initial stint with the Pats (he was a UFA).  The point I was trying to make in my previous post is that when BB cuts a guy who was a starter he is done here and in many cases done in the NFL.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

^ You are right PCMIV, Warren G was a hand shake cut just like Seau was before him. I agree with your point and don't think a guy like Merri will ever be back. He was let go because he didn't take well to coaching....from one of the best coaches in league history.

No thanks.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

[QUOTE]^ You are right PCMIV, Warren G was a hand shake cut just like Seau was before him. I agree with your point and don't think a guy like Merri will ever be back. He was let go because he didn't take well to coaching....from one of the best coaches in league history. No thanks.
    Posted by TrueChamp[/QUOTE]

I dont think Merri will be back either.
    I am also not saying that he should be back.
    What I am saying is Merri at his worst is still an upgrade over the S's this past season, either performance wise or staying on the field.
    What I am also saying, is if Merri WANTED to come back, and would accept a contract at the veterans minimum, I don't see a reason to not let him try and come back?
    Personally, I don't see Merri or the Pats doing that. It would not surprise me in the least to see another S starved team, the Jets, pick him up.  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ytsejamer1. Show Ytsejamer1's posts

[QUOTE]He is too stupid and undisciplined to play for this team. When BB would rather have a street scrub than you, there is a severe problem with.... YOU.
    Posted by BabeParilli[/QUOTE]
    Well said...can't agree more!  Give this man a front office job! :) 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1guy1sharp. Show 1guy1sharp's posts

Rkarp , I get what your saying , believe I do. And you may be right , in terms of who the better player is. It's not that I don't like Meri , I just think he's a terrible player. And I don't think he's that much better than who we have now. I honestly can't remember one game where I came away thinking ... "Man if we didn't have Meriweather ...".

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Isn't this thread buried yet?  The thing with Meriweather is he plays to his own tune.  No chance in getting this guy to play in the role that's needed.  He won't change his style of play to fit what the Patriots need.  Never has, never will.