I would like to see Terrence Nunn as the 3rd wide receiver

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from flip781. Show flip781's posts

I would like to see Terrence Nunn as the 3rd wide receiver

Galloway was a waste of money....Sam Aiken can't catch a cold....I really would like to see Terrence Nunn get the oppurtunity to perform...That position is the one position that seems to be out of sync with the offense....Nunn looked great in the pre-season.......I realize it wasnt the real thing as some would say but if you're in the back yard if you have the talent it will rise to the top ...That position has to be productive to take the over and under off Randy and he can start running the post patterns North and that make the Pats the most feared offense in the league

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasonh86. Show jasonh86's posts

Re: I would like to see Terrence Nunn as the 3rd wide receiver

Aiken was much better than Galloway.  After all, he did have a big catch-and-run in the 3rd quarter last week against Baltimore that went for 20-something yards on the drive following the fumble recovered for a TD that made it a 3-pt game. 

Sure it'd be nice to have somebody better than Aiken, but I won't complain with him as a #4 over Galloway.. especially if we can continue to run the ball and get better running the ball.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ritchie-az. Show Ritchie-az's posts

Nunn is like a less versatile Bam Childress. (BTW, I hear he's doing well on the Saskatchewan Roughriders....)
    Nunn looked great against team's 3rd and 4th string defenders...some of which are likely not even in the NFL at the moment. Let him improve and prove himself on the practice squad, and compete for a place on the 53 next year. That's my opinion.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from YOGI12. Show YOGI12's posts

galloway will be fine just give it time

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

I'll give Galloway 4 more starts. If by the Indy game he hasn't gotten his stuff, f-off Galloway, but till then he deserves a start. After Denver we don't face any good teams until we face Indy. Let him practice against those defenses. 

The Bucs secondary made the Giants WRs look like the 2004 Colts receivers. 
    Tennessee has little to no pass rush, and probably the worst secondary in Football. 
    The No offense Dolphins got tourched by Peyton Manning using 14 mintues of offense. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

I wonder how tate is recovering from injury? I think galloway deserves a little more time say 2-3 more games, but so far i am highly disappointed with his production or the lack there of. Tate could improve our punt return and our 3rd WR position.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wreford1. Show Wreford1's posts

In Response to Re: I would like to see Terrence Nunn as the 3rd wide receiver:
    [QUOTE]Nunn is like a less versatile Bam Childress. (BTW, I hear he's doing well on the Saskatchewan Roughriders....) Nunn looked great against team's 3rd and 4th string defenders...some of which are likely not even in the NFL at the moment. Let him improve and prove himself on the practice squad, and compete for a place on the 53 next year. That's my opinion.
    Posted by Ritchie_az[/QUOTE]

What better place to prove himself then against a #1 defense. We have wasted too many snaps on old man galloway...put some FRESH legs out there and roll with it...Not like trying out Nunn will lose the game for us.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ritchie-az. Show Ritchie-az's posts

If Nunn was ready to play against first-team defenders, he would not be on the practice squad.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wreford1. Show Wreford1's posts

[QUOTE]If Nunn was ready to play against first-team defenders, he would not be on the practice squad.
    Posted by Ritchie_az[/QUOTE]

And if you were ready to make decisions like this you would be on the patriots coaching staff...just my thoughts

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hog73. Show Hog73's posts

I'd like to see Jabar Gaffney as the Pats #3 option.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wreford1. Show Wreford1's posts

[QUOTE]I'd like to see Jabar Gaffney as the Pats #3 option.
    Posted by Hog73[/QUOTE]

I think ol' Lewis would have been an alright option too.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Do you understand football at all? Do you realize that only 45 men can dress each week, and that the Pats emphasize feild position/special teams?
    Do you also realize Nunn has never played a snap in the NFL?
    If Galloway couldn't cut it, would BB have him on the team? Galloway is a former All Pro that knows how to play the position. The ball has been thrown to him 26 times this year. Brady has been off target on 11 of the throws. Galloway did have 5 catches against the Jets.
    To think that Nunn should be active when 4 WR's were active last week is ridiculous. The idea is to field the best 45 players that allow the Pats a chance to win. Last week Galloway was not one of those 45 players. If Nunn has shown the coaches ANYTHING in practice that would allow him to be active on Sundays, wouldn't they activate him?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

I agree, let's see what Nunn can do !!!  Just like we should have seen what KO could do last year, instead of Matt Cassel the King of Field goals !!!

And Stephen Neal is a flag football lineman !!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from falline. Show falline's posts

[QUOTE]I'd like to see Jabar Gaffney as the Pats #3 option.
    Posted by Hog73[/QUOTE]

I would rather see my grandmother as #3.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from hlnyc. Show hlnyc's posts

i agree with flip Nunn should get that chance to prove he can handle that third receiver job  Nunn has great hands and runs great routes and broke many records in the big 12 at Nebraska he's a sleeper that will light it up if ever given the chance so if the Patriots don't give him that chance somebody else will and they will be sorry i personally think he's much better than Edleman #11

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from pyegian. Show pyegian's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: I would like to see Terrence Nunn as the 3rd wide receiver : I would rather see my grandmother as #3.
    Posted by falline[/QUOTE]

Dumb comment.  Have you ever watched a Patriots game before?  Gaffney and Brady have a good on field relationship, and he made more than his fair share of plays for a #3 option the last two years.  Gaffney would be an enormous upgrade over Galloway/Aiken.  Watch some games.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from pyegian. Show pyegian's posts

I was a supporter of Nunn making the team during the preseason.  However, at this point, he's been practicing with them for the whole season.  Don't you think that if he showed anything to BB in terms of being able to handle the #3 job (let alone a roster spot at ALL) that we would see him by now, with the lack of depth?

To me, the fact that BB is scrapping along with Aiken and a clueless Galloway while Nunn is there proves that we have all seriously overrated the guy based on a few meaningless preseason games.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bmadmax82. Show bmadmax82's posts

Guys,
    It not as simple as plucking someone from practice squad and expect them to perform miracles. Tunn is in the p squad for a reason. If he was that good and understood the playbook as good if not better than old man Joey, then he would be catching passes from Brady. Give the team some time, Joey is a proven veteran and this benching might just be the spark he needs to get on the same page as TB. If Nunn is prematurely inducted and drops a TD pass, then you would be clamoring for his head too ;-)

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from fuzzy1. Show fuzzy1's posts

[QUOTE]I wonder how tate is recovering from injury? I think galloway deserves a little more time say 2-3 more games, but so far i am highly disappointed with his production or the lack there of. Tate could improve our punt return and our 3rd WR position.
    Posted by natesubs[/QUOTE]

Tate is flying under the radar, but it sounds like he's healthy and waiting for PUP to end so he can practice with the team.  He's a top quality reciever and kick returner, as long as he's healthy, I think the Patriots are counting on him playing.  I'm hoping he takes kick returns right away (from Slater/Maroney/Faulk) and the number 3 spot within 7 or 8 weeks.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from msniii. Show msniii's posts

In Response to I would like to see Terrence Nunn as the 3rd wide receiver:
    [QUOTE]Galloway was a waste of money....Sam Aiken can't catch a cold....I really would like to see Terrence Nunn get the oppurtunity to perform...That position is the one position that seems to be out of sync with the offense....Nunn looked great in the pre-season.......I realize it wasnt the real thing as some would say but if you're in the back yard if you have the talent it will rise to the top ...That position has to be productive to take the over and under off Randy and he can start running the post patterns North and that make the Pats the most feared offense in the league
    Posted by flip781[/QUOTE]
    get off of nunn's sack, he's is obviously not ready for the start. i don't think that nunn would warrant double coverage to take the pressure off of moss. please...
    most feared offense, guess you haven't seen the colts or saints play. don't get me wrong the pats got a great offense, and yes it can be feared at times, but nunn ain't gonna be the reason for teams to fear NE. maybe when brady gets in synch and can hit the open man(which he is getting back to his original form) and we are able run the ball more effectively,  then the offense will be more lethal. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from msniii. Show msniii's posts

[QUOTE]I agree, let's see what Nunn can do !!!  Just like we should have seen what KO could do last year, instead of Matt Cassel the King of Field goals !!! And Stephen Neal is a flag football lineman !!!
    Posted by themightypatriotz[/QUOTE]

how quickly we forget. yes cassel ain't great by any means, but he didn't lose games for NE, he was a back up that won us 11 games, bet if NE made the playoffs last year, that ridiculous comment would have never been made.
    nunn oblivious ain't ready, just like your KO wasn't able to keep his roster spot on this team.... stop with the silly comments

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Please take a look at Gaffneys stats including that Brady pass happy 2007;
    2006 11 games-11 rcpts
    2007 16 games-36 rcpts
    2008 16 games-38 rcpts
    2009 4 games 11 rcpts
    all this production while he "was on the same page as Brady"
    Seems Galloway is on par to have a better year than Gaff this year!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Diesel12. Show Diesel12's posts

As long as you run the right routes and don't drop the ball, Tom Brady can make you a good receiver. He did it with Troy Brown, Branch, Gaffney just to name a few. Galloway can do neither. I don't think they took his football IQ into consideration as it seems like he is as dumb as nails. I really wish we were able to keep Gaffney, he was hte perfect alternate for Brady. Stallworth wasn't bad in the 07 team but it's very rare you get a receiver of that caliber for that cheap like the Pats did that year. I have never seen Nunn in a game but if he can run the right routes and catch the ball, he could be used. Like an earlier poster said, he is likely on the practice squad for a reason.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from sonieboy. Show sonieboy's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: I would like to see Terrence Nunn as the 3rd wide receiver : And if you were ready to make decisions like this you would be on the patriots coaching staff...just my thoughts
    Posted by Wreford1[/QUOTE] Good response!!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from pyegian. Show pyegian's posts

You can't usereception numbers as the "end all" telling statistic for how a receiver is performing.  That doesn't take into account targets, and all the plays they DIDN'T make (a lot for Galloway, very few for Gaffney).  You can't have watched Patriots games and argue that Galloway is as reliable as Gaffney.  I'm sorry, you just can't.  Brady would take Gaffney every day of the week over Galloway.