I would like to see Terrence Nunn as the 3rd wide receiver

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from One-If-By-Sea. Show One-If-By-Sea's posts

Re: I would like to see Terrence Nunn as the 3rd wide receiver

In Response to Re: I would like to see Terrence Nunn as the 3rd wide receiver:
    [QUOTE]I was a supporter of Nunn making the team during the preseason.  However, at this point, he's been practicing with them for the whole season.  Don't you think that if he showed anything to BB in terms of being able to handle the #3 job (let alone a roster spot at ALL) that we would see him by now, with the lack of depth? To me, the fact that BB is scrapping along with Aiken and a clueless Galloway while Nunn is there proves that we have all seriously overrated the guy based on a few meaningless preseason games.
    Posted by pyegian[/QUOTE]

I am not sure how good Nunn is - I have no idea. But I can not agree with this post. BB and crew have in the past "made due" in the short term so that the rookies can watch and learn. If Bledsoe was not hurt would BB have started TB the next week? Nope. So because a rookie has been practicing on the side for 4 games that does not mean he is washed up.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pyegian. Show pyegian's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: I would like to see Terrence Nunn as the 3rd wide receiver : I am not sure how good Nunn is - I have no idea. But I can not agree with this post. BB and crew have in the past "made due" in the short term so that the rookies can watch and learn. If Bledsoe was not hurt would BB have started TB the next week? Nope. So because a rookie has been practicing on the side for 4 games that does not mean he is washed up.
    Posted by One-If-By-Sea[/QUOTE]

Absolutely  BB has done that, you're right.  However, the difference, and it is a big one, is that he released Nunn and signed him to the practice squad.  By doing so, he allowed 31 other teams to pick him up at their will.  Pretty much every rookie who has watched and learned before contributing has stayed on the 53 man roster, safely intact on the team while he develops.

The fact that he is not protected from signing elsewhere cannot be overlooked.  There have been cases where BB promotes someone from the practice squad to the active roster, but not a single case where that player became a valuable contributor.  Not one.

My point is that at this point, Nunn is what he is: a nice practice squad player who may be able to fill in if there is an emergency.  Expecting anything more would be wishful thinking.  And again...I was a huge Nunn supporter in the preseason.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MaritimePatsFan. Show MaritimePatsFan's posts

Listen to all you whiners out there. Reche Caldwell was our best receiver a few years ago. We now have a Wes Welker and a Randy Moss. RANDY MOSS people. Let's not complain about Joey Galloway not getting it. I mean I am dissapointed but, why not look at who has stepped up instead. No, maybe Aiken is not the answer as a #3 option, but a Ben Watson is. We have to slightly alter the offensive scheme because of it is all. Watson is not going to command coverage to pull some off of Randy, which doesn't allow Moss to go deep as much. Ok Watson will put up some big numbers for a while until teams start to focus on him a little more. That will open Randy's passing lanes later in the season.
    As for Nunn, who looked good in preseason, if Galloway is a healthy scratch for this weeks game then why not cut him and promote Nunn. That would give Nunn 4 weeks to practice with Brady and first string offense against lesser opponents.
    Also, to those who think Brandon Tate is going to be the savior as our #3 receiver, what are you smoking. Galloway still has speed and the skill of a #2 receiver and has been around long enough to pick up almost any offense quickly I'm sure. He has not been able to do it with our "complex" offense over a 4 month span. What makes you think Tate, a rookie, who has not practiced with the 3rd stringers let alone 1st stringers yet is going to come in and click midway through the season? I mean he is not even allowed to practice yet so unless he is over at Brady's house running routes in his backyard on Mondays then he hasn't even caught a pass from Tom yet.
    That's my rant for the day, oh and to the guy who said Neal is a flag football lineman. Our run game bumps from a 3yd a carry to 4.3 yd a carry when he plays. He also comes on the cheap.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPKilla2009. Show MVPKilla2009's posts

Nunn is good but the 3rd WR on this depth chart he is not. Edelmen is abetter then him hands down. He did good in mop up duty in the pre season but calling him a 3rd WR is just jumping the gun.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

I'll give Galloway 4 more starts. If by the Indy game he hasn't gotten his stuff, f-off Galloway, but till then he deserves a start. After Denver we don't face any good teams until we face Indy. Let him practice against those defenses.  The Bucs secondary made the Giants WRs look like the 2004 Colts receivers.  Tennessee has little to no pass rush, and probably the worst secondary in Football.  The No offense Dolphins got tourched by Peyton Manning using 14 mintues of offense. 
    Posted by 49Patriots

I agree; Too early to write galloway off. Let the kids play on the practice squad for be fourth receivers for a few more weeks.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from One-If-By-Sea. Show One-If-By-Sea's posts

Nunn

The fact that he is not protected from signing elsewhere cannot be overlooked.

Nunn was out of football for a year. The chances of a team signing him to their 53 man roster were remote and BB knew that. With an offer to go to the practice squad for the Pats (who gave him a chance), Nunn was not going to sign with the other teams' practice squad (he was contacted as reported in the Herald). Who would? I do not think anyone thinks Nunn is the second coming of Randy Moss, but that does not mean he is not a great 3rd or 4th guy.

[QUOTE]There have been cases where BB promotes someone from the practice squad to the active roster, but not a single case where that player became a valuable contributor.  Not one. [/QUOTE]

Practice squad to All Pro is rare - we all agree. There are guys that have been on the practice squad and contributed for the Pats - OLine, DBs, etc. Will Nunn ever be an All Pro? Why does that matter? Can he be a good 4th or 5th reciever? Better than Galloway and Aiken in running routes? Maybe.

[QUOTE]My point is that at this point, Nunn is what he is: a nice practice squad player who may be able to fill in if there is an emergency.  Expecting anything more would be wishful thinking.  And again...I was a huge Nunn supporter in the preseason. Posted by pyegian[/QUOTE]

Look up what BB did with Keenan McCardell. 80 receptions for 1,133 yards and eight touchdowns while with the Browns, and 2 All Pro years later as well!!! All that after being an undrafted wide receiver.

Live the dream - you will be happier.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from flip781. Show flip781's posts

[QUOTE]Do you understand football at all? Do you realize that only 45 men can dress each week, and that the Pats emphasize feild position/special teams? Do you also realize Nunn has never played a snap in the NFL? If Galloway couldn't cut it, would BB have him on the team? Galloway is a former All Pro that knows how to play the position. The ball has been thrown to him 26 times this year. Brady has been off target on 11 of the throws. Galloway did have 5 catches against the Jets. To think that Nunn should be active when 4 WR's were active last week is ridiculous. The idea is to field the best 45 players that allow the Pats a chance to win. Last week Galloway was not one of those 45 players. If Nunn has shown the coaches ANYTHING in practice that would allow him to be active on Sundays, wouldn't they activate him?
    Posted by rkarp[/QUOTE] I guess your moronic assuptions are in the toilet hu brilliant balls  !!!  They let go Galloway and now Nunn is back with the parent roster !!! The other part of that equasion isa question...How much experience  did Ryan, Flacco and now Sanchez have in pro ball before taking their first snap at quarterback at this level ?? I stated that I would like to see Nunn get an oppurtunity.......Period !! My opinion,  there expert !!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from flip781. Show flip781's posts

==------------!! I don't want to debate with you cause you will run to daddy again  !!I know there has to be sewing circle debates you would be more comfortable in !!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcour382. Show jcour382's posts

I WOULD RATHER SEE ENDELMAN ALSO RETURNING KICKS OVER MARONEY

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from One-If-By-Sea. Show One-If-By-Sea's posts

[QUOTE]They let go Galloway and now Nunn is back with the parent roster !!! Posted by flip781[/QUOTE]

What does this mean? Did I miss something?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from xxcodyfxx. Show xxcodyfxx's posts

WE WANT TERRENCE NUNN

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALLDAWAYPATS. Show ALLDAWAYPATS's posts

Has anyone thought about a free agent that runs great routes, has great hands, and has a lot of information about a particular offense that is one of our rivals.  I'm talking about Marvin Harrison.  I know it might be a streetch, but it seems like he would fit the mold rather nice, if his legal and knee issues were squared away.  What do you guys think?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from FishTaco64. Show FishTaco64's posts

I would rather bring Troy Brown out of retirement then sign Marvin Harrison.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mlmka. Show mlmka's posts

Why dont we just use Watson as the 3rd receiver? he certainly has the size and the speed.