I would take MARONEY over Adrian Peterson or Chris Johnson.. wouldnt you?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubbazilla. Show bubbazilla's posts

Re: I would take MARONEY over Adrian Peterson or Chris Johnson.. wouldnt you?

did u watch LM today? those were tough yardage. if pats were more run-based in their blocking schemes, he would have had over 100 easy. he should have had 30 carries today. right now, he is MORE valuable than brady!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from K-max. Show K-max's posts

I'm not seeing it the same way.  He just disappeared in the 2nd half and still no 100 yard games.  Even an average RB should of stumbled into at least 1, 100 yard game thru 14.  Right?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from btownteamsrking. Show btownteamsrking's posts

In Response to Re: I would take MARONEY over Adrian Peterson or Chris Johnson.. wouldnt you?:
    [QUOTE]I'm not seeing it the same way.  He just disappeared in the 2nd half and still no 100 yard games.  Even an average RB should of stumbled into at least 1, 100 yard game thru 14.  Right?
    Posted by K-max[/QUOTE]

no. the playcalling messed up the rythim completely.  and no its pretty much impossible for him to get a 100 rushing in a game in this offense.  they basically refuse to give him the ball in the second half. 

Give Maroney credit.  He runs hard on 1st and 2nd and long when the patriots remove moss, welker, and aiken from the game and replace them with slator. making it so obvious they are running the ball.

Maroney gets a B+ from me today. ran hard. got the offense going and protected the ball.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from K-max. Show K-max's posts

"and no its pretty much impossible for him to get a 100 rushing in a game in this offense"

He had 23 carries!  Your telling me he couldn't brake off a few long runs say a 43 and maybe a 32, how about a 25 and before you know it you got a 100+ yard day.

It's just impossible for him.....

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Norger. Show Norger's posts

I would take Fred Jackson or Marshawn Lynch over Maroney....

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from btownteamsrking. Show btownteamsrking's posts

In Response to Re: I would take MARONEY over Adrian Peterson or Chris Johnson.. wouldnt you?:
    [QUOTE]"and no its pretty much impossible for him to get a 100 rushing in a game in this offense" He had 23 carries!  Your tellingyes  me he couldn't brake off a few long runs say a 43 and maybe a 32, how about a 25 and before you know it you got a 100+ yard day. It's just impossible for him.....
    Posted by K-max[/QUOTE]

because its not obvious we are running the ball when we put in slator, levior, morris, instead of our 3 WRs.  we basically tell them we are running the ball.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from murghkhor. Show murghkhor's posts

Patriots will not re-sign Maroney next year and draft a new RB from one of their billion 2nd round picks. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from btownteamsrking. Show btownteamsrking's posts

[QUOTE]Patriots will not re-sign Maroney next year and draft a new RB from one of their billion 2nd round picks. 
    Posted by murghkhor[/QUOTE]

yea we should totally discount the fact that Belichick takes time to watch film and basically tutor Maroney every week. 

typical scape goat fans.  place the blame on the unspectacular players because he isn't CJ or AD.  And COMPLETELY discount the fact that our o line is AWFUL.  h95% of Maroney's bad runs are him getting stuck by 3 defenders behind the line because no one decided to block. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from timfromvt. Show timfromvt's posts

What are they selling in Foxboro these days ?  Obviously you had a little too much grog to think clearly.  If you were to take his nest 16 games of hispro career, perhaps you have argument, but his inconsistencies are troubling.  Which one will show up ?  The dancer who needs a compass ?  Or the running back ?  Who knows ?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsFanInGlendaleAZ. Show PatsFanInGlendaleAZ's posts

Ummmmmmm... hmmmmmmmm... ahhhhhhhh...  NO!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmmyslinski. Show jmmyslinski's posts

Economically, yes Maroney is better for the Patriots.  New England fans should all know that the reason the Patriots are the team of this decade is because money has been spent in the right places.  The Pats would be wasting money on a top tier RB.  They are a West Coast passing attack.  Their quarterback idolized the best West Coast QB of alltime, Joe Montana.  The short pass is the running game, so why waste time, or money, on a great RB, with a salary cap?  The duo of Maroney and Faulk, are perfect for this team.  If Maroney played on a more conventional offense, he would rush for 1000 - 1400 yards every year.  Just look at his numbers in December, every year, when the wind blows.  We get who we want, for a budget price with Maroney.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SICOFITALL. Show SICOFITALL's posts

DUDE I can read, and your arguement is DUMB! U lost the debate by choosing to blame the oline. I dont care what anyone including BB says. This o-line isnt meant to pass block as u are suggesting, anyone who has watched this line(that doesnt have jelly in their head) will tell u their meant to get down field. Saying this o-line is meant for pass-blocking..U couldnt be more wrong! This o-line is meant to get down field on screens, quick outs, draws, their not meant to stay back there n block for 3-5seconds. Thats number one, two, your upside point is asinine to say the least. AD isnt at his peak yet, so why would u Baloney has a better one? AD has room to improve in the pass blocking scheme, and catching the ball. He could conceivably catch 40-45 balls in a year for say 350-400, all the while still being able to run for 1400-1500 yrds. And CJ could easily do the same. The shelf life for great backs is about 5-7 yrs, which means both would still have about 5 of those years left. I would take prob. 10-15 backs for the next 4-5 years over phoney baloney. Off the top of my head, AD, CJ, S-Jack, MJD, Ray Rice, D-will, J-Charles(who I thought Pats could n should have grabbed), Turner, Grant, Gore, even T-jones. Thomas Jones has been a top 5 back in the last 5yrs, averaging around 1250yrds n 8 td's a yr. Im sorry man but sound u just sound foolish, and even if LM does have a good season season next year, hes going to have to keep that up for 4-5 years to prove u right, bacause no-one in their right mind(even U) think AD or CJ will suddenly drop off. LM will have out gain them for the next couple of years, meaning he will have to get around 21 touches a game. He gets injuried waking up in the mourning, nevermind handling the rock over 15 times a game for a season. Hes shown nothing throughout his career to give anyone the impression that he can be an elite back. Nothing, no-one cares that he had "a string of 100yrd games in 07') , I cant believe your even using that as an example(LOFL). U remind of a child who wont admit he was wrong, whats next stomping your feet, U gonna hold your breath til your face gets red? U gonna lock yourself in the bathroom til' dad gives U a snickers bar or ice cream? "Im gonna run away n never come back, I swear I will. Well when U do just remember to take your sorry arguement w/ U, take a hole in the ground n bury it w/ your credibility. Because your the guy who said he would take LM over AD n CJ, cause LM according to U has a better upside!?!? After losing on  my fball pool this week cause Pitt pulled one out of their dumpster I need a good laugh! Thanx!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4Adam13. Show 4Adam13's posts

OK folks.....here is a statistical comparison between Peterson, Johnson, and Maroney. For each player, I subtracted the longest run in each game and subsequently subtracted 1 carry to compute the averages for each game and then for the season. Peterson and the Vikings are playing Carolina as we speak, so his numbers do include this weeks game.

Why take away the longest carry you ask? Because if you run enough times, you are going to break a long one. Lets say a RB busts out a 99 yard run from the 1 and then goes on to only have 120 yards on the day on 30 carries. Is he really averaging 4 yards a carry? Is that a true average? Or is his average really .72? It only makes sense to subtract the longest carry to understand a true average.

I did these stats earlier in the season and Maroney was averaging closer to 2.75 ypc. He has brought that up to 2.91 ypc while Peterson's has gone down from 3.5 to 3.26. Wozzy tried to argue that my stats were flawed. If you have ever taken a course in statistics, they say you simply need to use the same method for every comparison. I did in this case. He also stated "would Baby Ruth be a good hitter if you took away all his home runs, or Gretzky be as good if you took away all his goals". Thats simply an irrational statement. We aren't taking away all the RB's carries.

So here it is.....you be the judge.

Peterson 

Game 1: 24 for 116 = 4.8 (64)
    Game 2: 14 for 65 = 4.64 (27)
    Game 3: 18 for 50 = 2.77 (35)
    Game 4: 24 for 43 = 1.79 (12)
    Game 5: 13 for 48 = 3.69 (15)
    Game 6: 21 for 85 = 4.04 (58)
    Game 7: 17 for 50 = 2.94 (19)

Game 8: 24 for 64 = 2.66 (33)

Game 9: Bye

Game 10: 17 for 90 = 5.29 (43)

Game 11: 23 for 66 = 2.87 (16)

Game 12: 24 for 70 = 2.92 (15)

Game 13: 12 for 8 = .67 (11)

Game 14: 25 for 82 = 3.28 (15)

YPC for the season = 42.36 / 13 = 3.26

VS.

Maroney

Game 1: 9 for 21 = 2.33 (Long of 11)
    Game 2: 5 for 11 = 2.2 (12)
    Game 3: 3 for 12 = 4.00 (5)
    Game 4: 6 for 1 = .16 (5)
    Game 5: 4 for 11 = 2.75 (10)
    Game 6: 15 for 78 = 5.2 (45)
    Game 7: 12 for 30 = 2.72 (13)

Game 8: Bye
    Game 9: 19 for 72 = 3.75 (10)
    Game 10: 12 for 25 = 2.08 (6)
    Game 11: 21 for 63 = 3 (14)
    Game 12: 14 for 44 = 3.14 (22)
    Game 13: 12 for 33 = 2.75 (8)
    Game 14: 21 for 77 = 3.67 (17)
    Game 15: 22 for 78 = 3.09 (13) 

YPC: 40.84 / 14 = 2.91

VS.

Johnson

Game 1: 14 for 25 = 1.78 (32)
    Game 2: 15 for 106 = 7.06 (91)
    Game 3: 21 for 67 = 3.19 (30)
    Game 4: 15 for 65 = 4.33 (18)
    Game 5: 8 for 26 =3.25 (8)
    Game 6: 16 for 80 = 5 (48)
    Game 7: Bye

Game 8: 23 for 139 = 6.04 (89)

Game 9: 24 for 94 = 3.92 (41)

Game 10: 25 for 100 = 4 (32)

Game 11: 28 for 115 = 4.11 (36)

Game 12: 17 for 66 = 4.05 (85)
    Game 13: 26 for 102 = 3.92 (11)

Game 14: 27 for 78 = 2.89 (39)
    Game 15: 28 for 90 = 3.21 (14)

YPC for the season = 56.75 / 14 = 4.05

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Coolguy55220. Show Coolguy55220's posts

Big maroney fan, but hes not AP or CJ or anywhere close. I've defended maroney all this time but even im not gonna say anything crazy like that. Maroney is better than his stats show because of our line and the type of offense, but still hes not AP. Maroney needs to show that hes capable of making big runs, he has yet to do that.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SICOFITALL. Show SICOFITALL's posts

Wow and u just said hes more valuable than Brady, like I said before your a moron, and I dont think thats harsh at all. Dumb people say dumb things and should be called out on it when their trying to make an arguement as stupid as yours. Listen Ive been wrong plenty of times, for instance I though Joey Harrington was going to be a very good QB, but that was when he was coming out of college and the first year, I was like , OK give him another year or two, see what happens. I couldnt have been more wrong. And Neither could U, go ahead and defend LM for the next 5yrs, U have a better chance of seeing GOD! By the way, not sure if your watching the Minnesota game, but LM will never make that run, that AD just did for a TD! U think LM has the capability to do that? Like I said before, u must enjoy punishment and embarrassment.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SICOFITALL. Show SICOFITALL's posts

Im so sick n tired of debating and arguing these redonkulis topics! Shouldnt people be able to come on here and expect reasonable discussion, Not, Randy Moss $ucks and LM has a better upside than AD or CJ. And Im sorry Adam but your arguement is absolutely retarded. Take away the longest run because anyone who carries the ball enough times will break one? Nice try, but this isnt your statistics class and thats not true. Thomas Jones has one run over 39 yards this year, M-Barber one over 32 yards, Ryan Grant, one over 37. S-Jack's two longest runs are 48/58, and MJD longest are 61/80. If U follow your arguement out to its conculsion these guys should have alot more runs of 40-50 yards. Each has carried the ball at least 185 times, some 285 and 305. Just cause U get the enough times does not mean U will break away, every 10-15 times.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

Nope.  I wouldn't, but I cant take them over him anyway.  Was wicked happy to see him bashing kids for extra yards.  yep.  was.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4Adam13. Show 4Adam13's posts

[QUOTE]Im so sick n tired of debating and arguing these redonkulis topics! Shouldnt people be able to come on here and expect reasonable discussion, Not, Randy Moss $ucks and LM has a better upside than AD or CJ. And Im sorry Adam but your arguement is absolutely retarded. Take away the longest run because anyone who carries the ball enough times will break one? Nice try, but this isnt your statistics class and thats not true. Thomas Jones has one run over 39 yards this year, M-Barber one over 32 yards, Ryan Grant, one over 37. S-Jack's two longest runs are 48/58, and MJD longest are 61/80. If U follow your arguement out to its conculsion these guys should have alot more runs of 40-50 yards. Each has carried the ball at least 185 times, some 285 and 305. Just cause U get the enough times does not mean U will break away, every 10-15 times.
    Posted by SICOFITALL[/QUOTE]

How is it retarded? Because ur boy doesn't even average 3 yards per carry? Its the same analysis for all three. Just because u might be uneducated doesnt means statitics are retarded. You can't make it up....its in the box score.

How do you figure that Jones Drew should have more? I never said there was one break out every 10-15 carries. You want to keep spinning things tp back up ur point. Want me to do the stats for the other RBs? I bet u they are better than Maroney's too. Whats ur definition of breaking one? Over 40 yards? Everything you mentioned was "over 39 yards", "over 32 yards", "over 37 yards". I simply deducted (that means subtract) the longest carry, regardless if it was 8 yards or 89 yards, for every game since you can't arbitrarily determine what constitutes a break. It's fair for all RB's and you are just upset, tired, and judging from your name, sick of it all because you bought a jersey for someone who hasn't lived up to his billing and has no future in NE.

Why don't you just admit that his production isnt what it should be for someone that was drafted as high. He's an average back, at best, and there other backs who can provide the same production.

As one other posted mentioned, Maroney has economic value while on his original contract. When it comes time to resign him, opt for someone else who can provide his exact same production for less money.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4Adam13. Show 4Adam13's posts

And if you really are SICOFITALL, get some prozac and get over it.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubbazilla. Show bubbazilla's posts

look, had the vikes had MARONEY tonight, they would be 12-2, not 11-3! for every one he breaks out of, "the real dancer" mr. petersen is caught for no or little yards. another overhyped barry sanders type. give me a big boy who can keep those chains moving consistently anyday. by the time an AP breaks one esp in a big game, u may already be down by 20!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from murghkhor. Show murghkhor's posts

[QUOTE]OK folks.....here is a statistical comparison between Peterson, Johnson, and Maroney. For each player, I subtracted the longest run in each game and subsequently subtracted 1 carry to compute the averages for each game and then for the season. Peterson and the Vikings are playing Carolina as we speak, so his numbers do include this weeks game. Why take away the longest carry you ask? Because if you run enough times, you are going to break a long one. Lets say a RB busts out a 99 yard run from the 1 and then goes on to only have 120 yards on the day on 30 carries. Is he really averaging 4 yards a carry? Is that a true average? Or is his average really .72? It only makes sense to subtract the longest carry to understand a true average. I did these stats earlier in the season and Maroney was averaging closer to 2.75 ypc. He has brought that up to 2.91 ypc while Peterson's has gone down from 3.5 to 3.26. Wozzy tried to argue that my stats were flawed. If you have ever taken a course in statistics, they say you simply need to use the same method for every comparison. I did in this case. He also stated "would Baby Ruth be a good hitter if you took away all his home runs, or Gretzky be as good if you took away all his goals". Thats simply an irrational statement. We aren't taking away all the RB's carries. So here it is.....you be the judge. Peterson   Game 1: 24 for 116 = 4.8 (64) Game 2: 14 for 65 = 4.64 (27) Game 3: 18 for 50 = 2.77 (35) Game 4: 24 for 43 = 1.79 (12) Game 5: 13 for 48 = 3.69 (15) Game 6: 21 for 85 = 4.04 (58) Game 7: 17 for 50 = 2.94 (19) Game 8: 24 for 64 = 2.66 (33) Game 9: Bye Game 10: 17 for 90 = 5.29 (43) Game 11: 23 for 66 = 2.87 (16) Game 12: 24 for 70 = 2.92 (15) Game 13: 12 for 8 = .67 (11) Game 14: 25 for 82 = 3.28 (15) YPC for the season = 42.36 / 13 = 3.26   VS.   Maroney Game 1: 9 for 21 = 2.33 (Long of 11) Game 2: 5 for 11 = 2.2 (12) Game 3: 3 for 12 = 4.00 (5) Game 4: 6 for 1 = .16 (5) Game 5: 4 for 11 = 2.75 (10) Game 6: 15 for 78 = 5.2 (45) Game 7: 12 for 30 = 2.72 (13) Game 8: Bye Game 9: 19 for 72 = 3.75 (10) Game 10: 12 for 25 = 2.08 (6) Game 11: 21 for 63 = 3 (14) Game 12: 14 for 44 = 3.14 (22) Game 13: 12 for 33 = 2.75 (8) Game 14: 21 for 77 = 3.67 (17) Game 15: 22 for 78 = 3.09 (13)   YPC: 40.84 / 14 = 2.91 VS. Johnson Game 1: 14 for 25 = 1.78 (32) Game 2: 15 for 106 = 7.06 (91) Game 3: 21 for 67 = 3.19 (30) Game 4: 15 for 65 = 4.33 (18) Game 5: 8 for 26 =3.25 (8) Game 6: 16 for 80 = 5 (48) Game 7: Bye Game 8: 23 for 139 = 6.04 (89) Game 9: 24 for 94 = 3.92 (41) Game 10: 25 for 100 = 4 (32) Game 11: 28 for 115 = 4.11 (36) Game 12: 17 for 66 = 4.05 (85) Game 13: 26 for 102 = 3.92 (11) Game 14: 27 for 78 = 2.89 (39) Game 15: 28 for 90 = 3.21 (14) YPC for the season = 56.75 / 14 = 4.05
    Posted by 4Adam13[/QUOTE]

So what are you saying? Johnson is having the best season of any RB and better than Peterson. And Maroney is not having as good a season as either of those two? You needed these statistics to tell you that?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from FOWLER8196. Show FOWLER8196's posts

i think AD is over rated, but i would take CJ any day.  hes the best back in the league by a mile.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from SICOFITALL. Show SICOFITALL's posts

First of all $hitbreath, who is "my boy"? Please tell, cause I never said AD, CJ, etc. were the best backs in that exact order, did I? No, and your the one "spinning the stats" AD=4.5, CJ=5.7, MJD=4.5, S-Jack=4.5, T-Jones4.3, Ray rice=5.4, Grant=4.3, Turner=4.9, Gore=5.3, D-Will=5.3. Those are their averages(# of atp. div. by yrds, since u wanna get cute)loser. Second your comparing how good a back is just by their averages, u think your smart, but have no idea about football. And your calling me uneducated, I didnt go MIT, Princeton, etc. , but Northeastern is a very good school. Subtracting their longest run of the game is retarded, again you assume that if u keep giving someone the rock, their going to break a long one. And thats not true, U moron! Again I find it funny that U equate an average, to whos the best back or rec, or whatever. U really think stats = best? Listen D-bagg, just cause U play fantasy football w/ your 11 yr old nephew doesnt mean U have the slightest iota  how good or bad someone is! I would have responded sooner, but I was w/ my G/F(by G/F,I mean an actual living, breathing women)not fantasy. I luv your "I subtracted the longest run of the game",do U do the same for rec. as well. That is the dumbest thing I heard since, oh yea, LM has a better upside than AD, CJ.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from SICOFITALL. Show SICOFITALL's posts

Anytime U wanna debate sock sniffer, please bring it on. Judging by your approach, which is retarded, I'll eat u for breakfast, loser. And sickofitall is a great hardcore band, not just how your mother feels about your bad habit of hitting on the pizza man naked. U can even have your b/f bubbazilla, you guys make a great dog$hit sandwhich!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4Adam13. Show 4Adam13's posts

I like how your education at Northeastern taught you to talk that way. I'm not going to play your little games.