I would take MARONEY over Adrian Peterson or Chris Johnson.. wouldnt you?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SICOFITALL. Show SICOFITALL's posts

Re: I would take MARONEY over Adrian Peterson or Chris Johnson.. wouldnt you?

Yea were in sports forum on the internet, not english class, D*@KHEAD. And U know Ill tear U apart. Like I said, just by the way(lol) terrible way, I might add, U were TRYING to debate LM , CJ's, etc. , stats, U know nothing bout football. Please, its kinda late now but next time U catch me on here and wanna get your tail whipped, Ill let U pick the topic and we can go at it. But U dont wanna play my games? I know debating sports....on a SPORTS FORUM is so crazy huh??! Moron! Seriously your lil' formula there was RETARDED, like I asked, do U subtract the longest rec. that a wideout grabs. The longest pass a QB throws too? U think your real smart, well I say your Glenn Beck smart. Anytime, here kitty kitty, whats that I smell..no, no, not your plastic g/f's odor from underneath your couch. NO a think its that space, u know where your ball$ are supposed to be. Yea I think it's coochie!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SICOFITALL. Show SICOFITALL's posts

And again when did I say AD was the best back in football, just said he was miles ahead of phoney baloney.  Yea thats what the vikes are missing, I bet right now their saying" man if only we traded all day for LM" that would fix everything! I luv being original, luv having my own views, but sometimes when everyone calls u out, U really are stuck on stupid.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

All I have to say is, that is some good stuff you are smoking.  Hope the Viks make you their GM so we can trade AP for LM, we'll throw AT in as well.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbincpumpkin. Show dbincpumpkin's posts

Hey bubbazilla; I bet you think Manny Ramirez is a great outfielder too and we shsould not have gotten rid of him.  You got to be kidding me, Maroney over Peterson. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SICOFITALL. Show SICOFITALL's posts

I cant get over this one, lol. I really cant, maybe its cause I picture some out of shape slob, pounding his fist, stomping his feet, grimising his face, and yelling at his comp. "shut up he is better than Barry Sanders, Payton has nothing on my baby" seriously though how funny is this loser. "BB doesnt use LM right", "the o-line stinks" I love it, cant get enough, and cant wait to see what comes out of this db's yap next.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubbazilla. Show bubbazilla's posts

In Response to Re: I would take MARONEY over Adrian Peterson or Chris Johnson.. wouldnt you?:
    I cant get over this one, lol. I really cant, maybe its cause I picture some out of shape slob, pounding his fist, stomping his feet, grimising his face, and yelling at his comp. "shut up he is better than Barry Sanders, Payton has nothing on my baby" seriously though how funny is this loser. "BB doesnt use LM right", "the o-line stinks" I love it, cant get enough, and cant wait to see what comes out of this db's yap next.
    Posted by SICOFITALL
    ok, idiot, u have finally gotten my attention. have tried ignoring u but like a bratty 4YO guess u need a little smackdown every so often and be forced to your room without supper to learn your lesson. idiot, when have i said i would TRADE for or get rid of AP in exchange for LM? of course i would take CJ and AP at this MOMENT, in these playoffs at this time. get that IDIOT? my point which is fairly obvious as i have repeated it over over mr. IDIOT, is that i like LM's upside. i think AP and CJ have both peaked. this is as great as they would ever be. have u seen the track record of guys who reach 2000 yards in a season.. Jamal Lewis, shawn alexander anyone? that is their PEAK. LM, in my opinion, has the same skillset to also someday soon reach those heights or approach it if his carries and production are hypothetically averaged out. for example, his 9 TDS so far is projected to be 16 over the course of a season. had he been given the rock from day one and 23 carries per game, u are talking over 20 TDs EASILY. 

folks like u want to see LM as total trash, my bottom line is that the kid still has value and needs to be nurtured. glad belichick is spending so much one on one time with him and maxing out his confidence! perhaps had he been doing this earlier withour other draft picks, we wouldnt have as many draft busts as we have had (esp 2006  thru 2008) but i digress. read my FACTS not the little voices in your head like an IDIOT!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Norger. Show Norger's posts

The reality is that if Fred Taylor or Sammy Morris were healthy, LM would be getting 7-8 snaps per game, max.  He's barely good enough to be the feature back on a mediocre running team.  I don't think he's trash, but on balance, given that the Pats used a 1st round pick on him, he's been a disappointment.  He is a decent "change of pace" back, that's about it.  The Pats need a thumper for the playoffs.  Where is Sammy Morris, anyway?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from btownteamsrking. Show btownteamsrking's posts

In Response to Re: I would take MARONEY over Adrian Peterson or Chris Johnson.. wouldnt you?:
    The reality is that if Fred Taylor or Sammy Morris were healthy, LM would be getting 7-8 snaps per game, max.  He's barely good enough to be the feature back on a mediocre running team.  I don't think he's trash, but on balance, given that the Pats used a 1st round pick on him, he's been a disappointment.  He is a decent "change of pace" back, that's about it.  The Pats need a thumper for the playoffs.  Where is Sammy Morris, anyway?
    Posted by Norger

no. morris is done.  I cant understand how anyone can say what your saying after the last few games.

Our typical drive:

Maroney runs it about 4 times for good yardage. a couple first downs. next we run with Morris and get negative yards.  drive finished.  didnt Morris also fumble when they put him in against Carolina? 

not to mention, Maroney is running with purpose and running over players.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

Your a loser, Im sorry. But u must enjoy punishment. RB is prob. the most easy postion to jump from college to the pros, He hasnt had more than 850. Thats not because of the way BB use's him, its because LM actually thought U got points for running into Neil's BUTT. Ive never heard such a stupid thought, and I lived the 2nd Bush's presidency's. Im an only child and understand the need for attetntion, but there are much better ways to get that. Like pretending U have cancer and going to a support group, hold a room full of unsuspecting people hostage, or a adopt a child from a 3rd world country. Those are far more ethicical n make far more sense than to create a post saying something as bat$hit crazy as u just did.
    Posted by SICOFITALL

Please, NO POLITICS.  This is a sports forum.  Go to the editorial page if you want to reference Bush II.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

How many years does the guy have to be in the league before this mythical "upside" gets filed under "unrealized potential," where it belongs?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

In Response to Re: I would take MARONEY over Adrian Peterson or Chris Johnson.. wouldnt you? : How is it retarded? Because ur boy doesn't even average 3 yards per carry? Its the same analysis for all three. Just because u might be uneducated doesnt means statitics are retarded. You can't make it up....its in the box score. How do you figure that Jones Drew should have more? I never said there was one break out every 10-15 carries. You want to keep spinning things tp back up ur point. Want me to do the stats for the other RBs? I bet u they are better than Maroney's too. Whats ur definition of breaking one? Over 40 yards? Everything you mentioned was "over 39 yards", "over 32 yards", "over 37 yards". I simply deducted (that means subtract) the longest carry, regardless if it was 8 yards or 89 yards, for every game since you can't arbitrarily determine what constitutes a break. It's fair for all RB's and you are just upset, tired, and judging from your name, sick of it all because you bought a jersey for someone who hasn't lived up to his billing and has no future in NE. Why don't you just admit that his production isnt what it should be for someone that was drafted as high. He's an average back, at best, and there other backs who can provide the same production. As one other posted mentioned, Maroney has economic value while on his original contract. When it comes time to resign him, opt for someone else who can provide his exact same production for less money.
    Posted by 4Adam13

Hey, I took a statistics course, too.  I was no star at it, but even I know that your analysis is unscientific.  You cannot have an analysis with such small sample sizes, for one.  The acceptable bare minimum is 384 samples, for a +5/-5 margin of error.  That means each back would have had to run at least 384 times in each game.  It cannot hold up for the season the way you have considered it, it must be per game.

Two, if you chop of the longest run, you also have to chop off the shortest run.  But again, the sample is way too small to allow such chopping.

Since the samples are too small, you must look at the entire seasons, and even then you should not chop off the season's longest and shortest runs unless they have 384 runs or more.

Those points aside, Maroney is not a premiere back and likely never will be.  But he has value as Faulk's replacement - a pass-blocking/pass-catching/decent runner-type of running back.  I expect the Pats to try to re-sign him as such, while also pursuing a crusher, like Taylor was at the start of 2009. He knows the system, he is a good blocker, he rearely fumbles, he has no known off-field issues, and BB is obviously investing extra, special time into developing Maroney.  I would prefer Peterson's skills over Maroney's, but not the kind of contract AP will demand in F/A.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from rjhenne. Show rjhenne's posts

and i would rather have sam aiken than larry fitzgerald

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Norger. Show Norger's posts

Posted by Norger

no. morris is done.  I cant understand how anyone can say what your saying after the last few games.

Our typical drive:

Maroney runs it about 4 times for good yardage. a couple first downs. next we run with Morris and get negative yards.  drive finished.  didnt Morris also fumble when they put him in against Carolina? 

not to mention, Maroney is running with purpose and running over players.
    Posted by btownteamsrking

OK.  I hate to say I told you so, but I told you so.  Bottom line, I feel much better about Sammy Morris and Fred Taylor getting healthy than Maroney being the feature back heading into the playoffs.  Running with purpose? Four fumbles, three on the goal line.  Go Sammy.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SICOFITALL. Show SICOFITALL's posts

Only reason phoney baloney is here, is cause the pats didnt want to pay him the 2.1 mill their on the hook for if they cut him, enough with him. Hes a backup at best. He cant stay healthy, cant stay consistant, cant stay here anymore. All everyone keeps saying, "well hes running hard" , "hes been running better lately" AAARRRGGHH enough please! The guys been playing with a top 5 QB to take some pressure off him, a top 10 o-line, and lately a top 5 rec. duo. Hes been playing w/ the first two his whole career, Hes had the oppurtunity, the touches, and the backing of the coaching staff. Time to let him go at the end of the season, he tried, we all tried, my dog tries not to pee on his paws when he raises' his legs, but he still manages to step in it. Please let him go, so we dont step in it next year. Give him a handshake, a hug, a jersey-shore gurl(maybe j-wwooooww?), whatever, but "its a gots to go situation".

Sections
Shortcuts