I wrote couple days ago about bb buying the WRONG GROCERIES and coaches....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

I wrote couple days ago about bb buying the WRONG GROCERIES and coaches....

chris price posed the same idea today in eei.

i suppose there's more than one of us feelign this way.

the problem is it's a 1 man operation in reality. as a whole, it's inadequate.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Re: I wrote couple days ago about bb buying the WRONG GROCERIES and coaches....

I'd like to agree with you, but this team was a play or two away from another superbowl last year despite some obvious flaws.  And I don't think Pioli lit the world on fire toward the end of his time here.  Personnel mistakes aside, it's hard to complain about this team very often.  I get the point that there have been some misses with high picks, but I look at the big picture.  

Some day we will be pining for BB, believe that!   

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I think I'd put Belichick in the average, to above average catergory with the draft. It's a crap shoot. I didn't like the trade back and back and back for value value value philosophy he had for a while. To me it looked like an obsession of getting the better of the deal, than picking the best player. I think he ranks/lumps so many of them together that he thought he could trade back and get one of the 7-10 he thought would be there - he'd never admit it, but it looks like they got burnt doing that. Sometimes it has worked too.

The free agent portion of team building is where i think this team has really missed the mark the last few seasons...Ocho, Haynesworth, Gallery, Fenene, Stallworth, Addai, Ellis, Springs ,Bodden, Burgess, on and on and on. I think that has really hurt us. In fact I can't think of a guy that we signed the last few years that have worked out for us...I'm sure there is some, but I can't think of any right now. Oh yeah, Lloyd. 

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

FA has been much worse than the draft for us. 

Bb has hit better with his draft picks the last 2 years. 2006 to 2010 Was bad. Since 2006, he has picked more in rounds 1-3 than any other gm. His hit rate in rounds 1-3 since 2006 is roughly 40percent. He has a higher hit rate in the later rounds than most GM's but that should tell you something as well...his 60 miss rate in rounds 1-3 is beingcompensated by having to play guys he took late to plug the obvious misses. He has faired especially bad with defensive backs and wr's. He has to replenish both time and time again. 

He does a great job keeping this team competitive regardless. 

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

As I have stated previously, and been slammed for the effort, is that BB is not the greatest GM of the cap era. Often you are reviled when you are ahead of the curve.

He is better than average. Nothing more. His misses on defense are legend at this point.

13 out of 17 first or second round picks for defense since 2007, and we have a D that is an embarrassment. I just hope somehow what we do have develops quickly so that is no longer true.

I have been saying this for years, just as I have been decrying his refusal to hire experienced coaches and sticking to his OJT yes men.

As a coach, I have supported him consistently. But as GM I think he could do a lot better.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to JintsFan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to bredbru's comment:
    [QUOTE]

chris price posed the same idea today in eei.

i suppose there's more than one of us feelign this way.

the problem is it's a 1 man operation in reality. as a whole, it's inadequate.

[/QUOTE]

absolute power corrupts absolutely

[/QUOTE]

that is what they say....

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:
    [QUOTE]

As I have stated previously, and been slammed for the effort, is that BB is not the greatest GM of the cap era. Often you are reviled when you are ahead of the curve.

He is better than average. Nothing more. His misses on defense are legend at this point.

13 out of 17 first or second round picks for defense since 2007, and we have a D that is an embarrassment. I just hope somehow what we do have develops quickly so that is no longer true.

I have been saying this for years, just as I have been decrying his refusal to hire experienced coaches and sticking to his OJT yes men.

As a coach, I have supported him consistently. But as GM I think he could do a lot better.

[/QUOTE]

chinks in the armor of both. not a good thing when a one man operation

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Belichick might be defacto GM, but just like every other GM in the league there is an entire staff of people involved in player evaluation.  What is the evidence for this 1 man show bs people keep throwing out there?  Belichick has the final say on all personnel decisions just like ... you guessed it every SINGLE FREAKING GM IN THE NFL.  Not saying he doesn't take ultimate responsibility for the roster, but when people say that Belichick having too much power is the problem I just don't know what to say.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Separating the two, GM and coach, is nonsensical. He is both and has been successful at both. 

That being said, a byproduct of wild success is that the Pats have taken huge hits in the coaching ranks which have done them the most harm. As a manager of a fairly large group of people I can tell you that turnover, hiring, training are a pain in the rear, especially for upper management.  BB must certainly be stretched thin in a contant state of hiring and training new people, but you wouldn't know it by their record every year. 

The season is a marathon, not a sprint; I still like this team and it's chances.

13. This post has been removed.