I'd take Garoppolo over Manziel, every day of the week.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

I'd take Garoppolo over Manziel, every day of the week.

Both are young, athletic and talented, but I think Jimmy will be the better pro and has it between the ears... which is a big differentiator for me.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Re: I'd take Garoppolo over Manziel, every day of the week.

Better team, better coaching, more established team and systems... tough comparison.  Though both are good prospects.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Homecheese. Show Homecheese's posts

+ 1 He has the work ethic that Manziel doesn't. His release gives me goose bumps. Good to see you on the forum again, I look forward to your draft thread

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:

Better team, better coaching, more established teams and systems... tough comparison.  Though both are good prospects.

I don't disagree that he's in a better situation, but I think his physical tools are at least on par with Manziel's, and Manziel isn't exactly impressing with his onfield/off the field demeanor and/or leadership.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

In response to mbeaulieu07's comment:

I don't disagree that he's in a better situation, but I think his physical tools are at least on par with Manziel's, and Manziel isn't exactly impressing with his onfield/off the field demeanor and/or leadership.

I truly believe players, QB's especially, need to land in the right situation.  Gyro is a wildcard because he didn't play really well until he was a college senior and didn't play QB until he was a Jr in high school.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from magicalhobo. Show magicalhobo's posts

Garoppolo makes the quick reads and looks guys off. I don't think  I have seen him stare down a receiver yet. If nothing is there he goes to the next read. He also seems very slippery in the pocket which gives him extra time. Very impressed.

Come on if you think you can take us on
    You and whose army?
    You and your cronies.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from agill1970. Show agill1970's posts

And twice on Sunday.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

Being a leader means being there an hour and a half earlier than everyone else, watching the film before everyone else does and being the last guy to leave. That's how you show the rest of the team, especially the veterans that you have the stuff to lead them. It's not showing up on time (or late) and being one of the guys. That's not good enough.

He has physical ability, and he's intelligent, but so far at least, he hasn't shown that he cares. He's the anti-Russell Wilson, as far as attitude. He needed to go to a team with a strong coaching staff, not a rookie HC who is a wuss, as far as I can tell. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from OnlyDaTruth. Show OnlyDaTruth's posts

Better team, better coaching, more established teams and systems... tough comparison.  Though both are good prospects.

Would you place Manziel's off-field behavior in the same category as Gronk? Manziel may be a little more over-the-top, but they are similar.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from OnlyDaTruth. Show OnlyDaTruth's posts

In response to Muzwell's comment:

Being a leader means being there an hour and a half earlier than everyone else, watching the film before everyone else does and being the last guy to leave. That's how you show the rest of the team, especially the veterans that you have the stuff to lead them. It's not showing up on time (or late) and being one of the guys. That's not good enough.

He has physical ability, and he's intelligent, but so far at least, he hasn't shown that he cares. He's the anti-Russell Wilson, as far as attitude. He needed to go to a team with a strong coaching staff, not a rookie HC who is a wuss, as far as I can tell. 

Are there actual reports indicating that Manziel isn't doing those things?  I have no idea, since I've read/seen very little about him apart from his antics and haven't seen/heard example of things like not showing up for practice.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from OnlyDaTruth. Show OnlyDaTruth's posts

Altho Jimmy G had a couple of hiccups during the panther-patriot game, still liked most of what he did out there. He's getting it done and showing poise. Still not showing complete command out there, but that's a matter of inexperience. He's exceeded my expectations for a rookie for only 3 pre-season games with limited snaps.

Good post, MB.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In response to OnlyDaTruth's comment:

Would you place Manziel's off-field behavior in the same category as Gronk? Manziel may be a little more over-the-top, but they are similar.

Gronk certainly enjoys himself off the field, but fair or unfair, I think the expectations are different for QB's, especially ones that are drafted with the idea that they'll be the face of your franchise.  There's also no questioning him on the field.  Manziel just comes off as immature and a clown to me on the field, with his stupid "money" gesture and flipping the bird, etc.  I can only speak for myself, but he's not the type of player that I'd want leading my franchise moving forward.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

I said this in another thread… to play QB in the NFL besides the obvious physical tools needed you have to have a tremendous work ethic and you must be someone the rest of the team respects and follows.

From what I can see Manziel doesn't seem to have the drive or the leadership qualities need to be a top tier starting QB in the NFL.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from OnlyDaTruth. Show OnlyDaTruth's posts

Gronk certainly enjoys himself off the field, but fair or unfair, I think the expectations are different for QB's, especially ones that are drafted with the idea that they'll be the face of your franchise.  There's also no questioning him on the field.  Manziel just comes off as immature and a clown to me on the field, with his stupid "money" gesture and flipping the bird, etc.  I can only speak for myself, but he's not the type of player that I'd want leading my franchise moving forward.

LOL....yeah, the money/phone thing was kind of stupid and flipping of the bird was a little immature.  I don't know how the public would have responded if Manziel had turned around and trashed talked directly to the skins instead of doing something so obviously visible on national tv. IMO, he's merely setting himself for failure should he not meet on-the-field expectations - who needs additional pressure from fan/pundit perception of "bad" behavior.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Manziel needs to grow up first; he then may begin to 'get it'.  I believe that Jimmy G already gets it.  And I totally agree - the kid's release reminds me of Dan Marino, who I think had the quickest I've seen although Brady followed by Namath are close.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from lioneljoe. Show lioneljoe's posts

I doubt  Manziel would last under BB.  I was at the game last night and Jimmy G looks calm and posed on the field. No doubt this kid has lots of potential and for the sake of his own development he landed on the right team with the right coach. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYC. Show NYC's posts

Manziel is 21 and immature. The question for him is can he survive himself? Can he stay in the league long enough to grow up and face reality? He is not emotionally ready for the NFL right now; how long it will take and what it will take to get him there is the question?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Garoppolo should do well in the Patriots system if ever gets to replace TB.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostatewarrior. Show bostatewarrior's posts

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from FishTaco64. Show FishTaco64's posts

Call me crazy....but I would take Tim Tebow over Johnny Football in a heartbeat. Tebow is a better built athlete that at least puts in the work and is a good leader/teammate. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazy-world-of-troybrown. Show crazy-world-of-troybrown's posts

I think Manziel is going to be a very good NFL QB.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

I truly believe players, QB's especially, need to land in the right situation.  Gyro is a wildcard because he didn't play really well until he was a college senior and didn't play QB until he was a Jr in high school.

Late bloomer. We haven't seen his best yet, and, I think we have already seen Johnny football's. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

In response to OnlyDaTruth's comment:

Ditto. The perfect landing spot for manziel would have been dallas. There his ego is only dwarfed by the gm's. Anyhow, we need jimmy to reach his potential by the time Brady retires, say. 2-3 years. Given his late start to the game, I think the timing will be perfect for he and the pats.

Sections
Shortcuts