I'd trade our 2013 1st rd pick for Upshaw, Konz, Glenn, Hill or Jenkins

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

I'd trade our 2013 1st rd pick for Upshaw, Konz, Glenn, Hill or Jenkins

Get that done, nab one of those guys in the late 30's

save the other 2nd rd picks, 5 total picks between 21 and 62

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Re: I'd trade our 2013 1st rd pick for Upshaw, Konz, Glenn, Hill or Jenkins

Looks like the plan is to go 'all-in' for the Super Bowl, and thats the right move in my mind

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

I'm still not sure about getting Konz. After just resigning Koppen and Connolly, along with them being high on McDonalds maybe they feel they are set at C.

Upshaw, we just got Jones and Hightower. You already have Fletcher, Mayo, Spikes, Nink so you have 6 LB's almost guaranteed to make the team. Where would Upshaw play?

Hill, I do like Hill's potential a lot but he is extremely raw. Given the Pats inability to develop WR's and Brady not liking to work with younger guys who don't get it right away I'll be alright if they pass on him

Jenkins, is the next Cro imo. Off-field distractions will prevent him from living up to his potential and might cause him to go through suspensions. Maybe in the back of the 2nd but if they didn't spend a 1st this year on him I don't think they spend a 1st next year on him

Glenn, I could see them moving back into the 2nd to take. I didn't expect Glenn to slip this far honestly. I thought mid 20's at worst

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

In response to "Re: I'd trade our 2013 1st rd pick for Upshaw, Konz, Glenn, Hill or Jenkins": [QUOTE]I'm still not sure about getting Konz. After just resigning Koppen and Connolly, along with them being high on McDonalds maybe they feel they are set at C. Upshaw, we just got Jones and Hightower. You already have Fletcher, Mayo, Spikes, Nink so you have 6 LB's almost guaranteed to make the team. Where would Upshaw play? Hill, I do like Hill's potential a lot but he is extremely raw. Given the Pats inability to develop WR's and Brady not liking to work with younger guys who don't get it right away I'll be alright if they pass on him Jenkins, is the next Cro imo. Off-field distractions will prevent him from living up to his potential and might cause him to go through suspensions. Maybe in the back of the 2nd but if they didn't spend a 1st this year on him I don't think they spend a 1st next year on him Glenn, I could see them moving back into the 2nd to take. I didn't expect Glenn to slip this far honestly. I thought mid 20's at worst Posted by PatsEng[/QUOTE] Ditto on this. However, I am not a fan of trading future picks for this year. I want us to retain our only 1st for next year to grab another high impact player or start the accumulation process. All over again. Glenn is going to go very quickly when round 2 opens up. The others I pass on for obvious reason. There is no player left on the board I would use a future 1st for.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

In Response to I'd trade our 2013 1st rd pick for Upshaw, Konz, Glenn, Hill or Jenkins:
    [QUOTE]Get that done, nab one of those guys in the late 30's save the other 2nd rd picks, 5 total picks between 21 and 62
    Posted by rameakap[/QUOTE]

That's too much to give up, to get the guys you mentioned, above. But, I do like your idea of going for it...NOW. This draft is deep in talent. I'd like to see the Pats look into acquiring players within the following groups:

1.) RBs: Robert Turbin, and/or Chris Polk;

2.) WRs: Joe Adams, Brian Quick;

3.) DTs: Brandon Thompson, Derek Wolfe;

4.) DBs: Brandon Boykin, Brandon Taylor, Trumaine Johnson;

5.) OL: OT/OG Mitchell Schwartz: Would feel more comfortable f the Pats added a versatile offensive lineman, to replace Matt Light, and back up OGs Mankins and Waters. Remember, protecting Tom Brady is always Job One. 

Why the RBs? I'm not confortable with Stevan Ridley as the teams' #1 RB. Turbin and Polk seem to fit best what the Pats' do;

Why WRs? Joe Adams would back up Welker in the slot, and is an outstanding kick returner. Quick is a potential field-stretching deep threat;

Brandon Thompson is perhaps my favorite player in this draft. I see him as the second coming of Vince Wilfolk. Wolfe has pass-rush potential, and can play inside as a 4-3 DT, or as a 3-4 DE;

Boykin would be an excellent nickel CB, and, like Adams, is an outstanding kick returner. Johnson has excellent size for a CB, and might be able to transition to FS. Taylor was a team captain at LSU...and should be a steady, if unspectacular, addition at safety.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In Response to Re: I'd trade our 2013 1st rd pick for Upshaw, Konz, Glenn, Hill or Jenkins:
    [QUOTE]In Response to I'd trade our 2013 1st rd pick for Upshaw, Konz, Glenn, Hill or Jenkins :      That's too much to give up, to get the guys you mentioned, above. But, I do like your idea of going for it...NOW. This draft is deep in talent. I'd like to see the Pats look into acquiring players within the following groups: 1.) RBs: Robert Turbin, and/or Chris Polk; 2.) WRs: Joe Adams, Brian Quick; 3.) DTs: Brandon Thompson, Derek Wolfe; 4.) DBs: Brandon Boykin, Brandon Taylor, Trumaine Johnson; 5.) OL: OT/OG Mitchell Schwartz: Would feel more comfortable f the Pats added a versatile offensive lineman, to replace Matt Light, and back up OGs Mankins and Waters. Remember, protecting Tom Brady is always Job One.       Why the RBs? I'm not confortable with Stevan Ridley as the teams' #1 RB. Turbin and Polk seem to fit best what the Pats' do;      Why WRs? Joe Adams would back up Welker in the slot, and is an outstanding kick returner. Quick is a potential field-stretching deep threat;      Brandon Thompson is perhaps my favorite player in this draft. I see him as the second coming of Vince Wilfolk. Wolfe has pass-rush potential, and can play inside as a 4-3 DT, or as a 3-4 DE;      Boykin would be an excellent nickel CB, and, like Adams, is an outstanding kick returner. Johnson has excellent size for a CB, and might be able to transition to FS. Taylor was a team captain at LSU...and should be a steady, if unspectacular, addition at safety.
    Posted by TexasPat3[/QUOTE]

tx.

The Boykin and Adams picks look great.  Solid and versatile and God knows they need help in the kick return depth.
    Veteran FA RB  to help the young backs. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Don't mortgage the future, we don't have many needs to fill. Also we have two starting centers and one back up already on this team?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

Patriots have 16th picks...they will pick the best available player.  

I am sure that Patriots would be happy to get Still of Penn State or Reyes of Uconn, maybe Jerkins (dont like his history, but BB sometime like to take risky player), Worthy of Mich St and few others.  If the Pats do get one of these guy, we should be all be happy.

If you think Upshaw is a worthy draft pick, then why the Pats drafted Hightower.  They should draft Upshaw instead???

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

I wouldn't trade a 2013 1st round pick for anyone in this years draft. If anything happens concerning 2013 I think they add picks by trading one of the second round picks for a second next year and a couple picks this year.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Wait I don't follow the 'thats too much to give up' logic

last year NO gave up their late 2nd rd pick AND pick 27 this year for our pick #28

This year I'm suggesting we ONLY give up a '13 pick, which will be in the 26-32 range... for a pick in the 35-42 range... for 1 of 4-5 players many experts had mocked in the 20's... and that is too much value???

heh??

If anything, based on past trades, it would appear we'd also have to have a 3rd/4th to toss in to make it fair, and obv we no longer do

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

In Response to Re: I'd trade our 2013 1st rd pick for Upshaw, Konz, Glenn, Hill or Jenkins:
    [QUOTE]Wait I don't follow the 'thats too much to give up' logic last year NO gave up their late 2nd rd pick AND pick 27 this year for our pick #28 This year I'm suggesting we ONLY give up a '13 pick, which will be in the 26-32 range... for a pick in the 35-42 range... for 1 of 4-5 players many experts had mocked in the 20's... and that is too much value??? heh?? If anything, based on past trades, it would appear we'd also have to have a 3rd/4th to toss in to make it fair, and obv we no longer do

How did the above trade turn out for the Saints? Ingram turned out to be an average RB...and the Saints lost their 27th overall pick, which the Pats converted into a potential big-time pass-rusher, in Jones.

Some good players in positions of need will be available to the Pats, at #48, and #63.       

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

I just don't think you'll find many teams wanting to trade out to next year. That wasn't the case last year. This has been talked about as the deepest draft in a while since the college football season started. DOwn in this year? Sure, but I don't think many teams will be looking to trade to next year. If that Pats aren't doing it, that ought to show you enough.

I could potentially see them dealing 63 and stealing someone else's #1 next year.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]I just don't think you'll find many teams wanting to trade out to next year. That wasn't the case last year. This has been talked about as the deepest draft in a while since the college football season started. DOwn in this year? Sure, but I don't think many teams will be looking to trade to next year. If that Pats aren't doing it, that ought to show you enough. I could potentially see them dealing 63 and stealing someone else's #1 next year.
    Posted by ma6dragon9[/QUOTE]

I'm as excited as you are about this draft class. But...no team is going to trade their 2013 #1 pick in exchange for the Pats' 63rd overall pick. BB would do that in a NY minute.  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In Response to I'd trade our 2013 1st rd pick for Upshaw, Konz, Glenn, Hill or Jenkins:
    [QUOTE]Get that done, nab one of those guys in the late 30's save the other 2nd rd picks, 5 total picks between 21 and 62

i wouldnt trrade rd 1 pick, rd 2 ok.

jenkins, jeffery what id look for. id accapt hill as well

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to I'd trade our 2013 1st rd pick for Upshaw, Konz, Glenn, Hill or Jenkins :      That's too much to give up, to get the guys you mentioned, above. But, I do like your idea of going for it...NOW. This draft is deep in talent. I'd like to see the Pats look into acquiring players within the following groups: 1.) RBs: Robert Turbin, and/or Chris Polk; 2.) WRs: Joe Adams, Brian Quick; 3.) DTs: Brandon Thompson, Derek Wolfe; 4.) DBs: Brandon Boykin, Brandon Taylor, Trumaine Johnson; 5.) OL: OT/OG Mitchell Schwartz: Would feel more comfortable f the Pats added a versatile offensive lineman, to replace Matt Light, and back up OGs Mankins and Waters. Remember, protecting Tom Brady is always Job One.       Why the RBs? I'm not confortable with Stevan Ridley as the teams' #1 RB. Turbin and Polk seem to fit best what the Pats' do;      Why WRs? Joe Adams would back up Welker in the slot, and is an outstanding kick returner. Quick is a potential field-stretching deep threat;      Brandon Thompson is perhaps my favorite player in this draft. I see him as the second coming of Vince Wilfolk. Wolfe has pass-rush potential, and can play inside as a 4-3 DT, or as a 3-4 DE;      Boykin would be an excellent nickel CB, and, like Adams, is an outstanding kick returner. Johnson has excellent size for a CB, and might be able to transition to FS. Taylor was a team captain at LSU...and should be a steady, if unspectacular, addition at safety.
    Posted by TexasPat3[/QUOTE]

i like all those players.
    high on a few

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

I just don't like the idea of sitting by while the top 60 players are picked in next years draft.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from patriots44. Show patriots44's posts

Why would you trade a first round pick 2013 for a second rd pick today. Makes zero sense, no value in that. The Pats are not desperate for any one of the players you mention. How about we trade no- one and see who is on the board at that time.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

tough call, next year hopefully the patriots have the 32nd pick in the first round, but that still would be hard to give up, maybe a 2nd to move up one of their 2nd round picks this year. 

looks like they are going for it, as they should with a 35 year old HOF quarterback in his last few years.