Mayo
    Spikes

Safety:
    Merriweather
    Chung

CB:
    Bodden
    McCourty

Is this our best lineup based on what you have seen so far?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Re: Ideal defensive starters?

We haven't seen Spikes,Haynesworth or Ellis so an actual evaluation probably isn't in order yet.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from maine12. Show maine12's posts

I think it will be.

DE-Cunningham
    DT-Haynesworth
    DT-Wilfork
    DE-Carter/Anderson/Ellis/Moore

WLB-Mayo
    MLB-Spikes/Fletcher
    SLB-Guyton

CB-McCourty
    CB-Bodden
    FS-Chung
    SS-Merriweather

Still a few spots up for grabs

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jsppro1. Show jsppro1's posts

DE-haysworth
    NT-wilfork
    DE-Ellis

OLB-Cunningham
    OLB-Ninovich
    MLB-Spikes
    MLB-Mayo

CB-McCourty
    CB-Bodden
    S-Chung
    S-Sanders/Meriweather

Now with this said, you mentioned idea starting line-up.  Drink up Pats Nation.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

In Response to Ideal defensive starters?:
    [QUOTE]What would your ideal starting D be ? DL: Wilfork Haynesworth Ellis OLB: Cunningham Moore ILB: Mayo Spikes Safety: Merriweather Chung CB: Bodden McCourty Is this our best lineup based on what you have seen so far?
    Posted by PatFanInBA2[/QUOTE]

Looks good. I think Merriweather might not start though.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pats-fan-2007. Show pats-fan-2007's posts

DE: Carter
    DT: Wilfork
    DT: Haynesworth
    DE: Ellis

LB: Mayo
    LB: Spikes
    LB: Guyton

CB: McCourtey
    CB: Bodden
    S: Sergio Brown
    S: Chung

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Curious to hear Meriweather sat while Sergio Brown took his reps today. That can't be a good sign, but perhaps BB is just seeing what Brown has. Based on his limited play last year, I thought he looked pretty good.

I also saw some posts and someone asked the question at a recent BB press conference about Mayo possibly lining up outside. I think BB stated not while he was coach, or maybe if the team had a new coach..something along those lines. He also said something very specific, which was Mayo will line up in the Tackle box. If we are running a 4-3, the 4-3 OLB's can very much line up inside the offensive tackles. I'm prepared to see Mayo line up both in and outside.

4 man line:
    DE: Carter/Moore
    DT: Wilfork/Pryor
    DT: Haynesworth/Ellis
    DE: Anderson/Cunningham

LB: Guyton/Fletcher

CB: McCourty
    S: Meriweather (i think he starts unless traded)

3 Man line:
    DE: Ellis
    NT:  Wilfork/Love
    DE: Warren/Haynesworth

LB: Cunningham/Moore
    LB: Ninkovich

CB: McCourty
    S: Meriweather

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from brdbreu. Show brdbreu's posts

In Response to Re: Ideal defensive starters?:
    [QUOTE]Curious to hear Meriweather sat while Sergio Brown took his reps today. That can't be a good sign, but perhaps BB is just seeing what Brown has. Based on his limited play last year, I thought he looked pretty good. I also saw some posts and someone asked the question at a recent BB press conference about Mayo possibly lining up outside. I think BB stated not while he was coach, or maybe if the team had a new coach..something along those lines. He also said something very specific, which was Mayo will line up in the Tackle box. If we are running a 4-3, the 4-3 OLB's can very much line up inside the offensive tackles. I'm prepared to see Mayo line up both in and outside. 4 man line: DE: Carter/Moore DT: Wilfork/Pryor DT: Haynesworth/Ellis DE: Anderson/Cunningham LB: Mayo LB: Spikes LB: Guyton/Fletcher CB: Bodden CB: McCourty S: Chung S: Meriweather (i think he starts unless traded) 3 Man line: DE: Ellis NT:  Wilfork/Love DE: Warren/Haynesworth LB: Cunningham/Moore LB: Spikes LB: Mayo LB: Ninkovich CB: Bodden CB: McCourty S: Chung S: Meriweather
    Posted by PatsLifer[/QUOTE]

i think you got it closest lifer.
    (how goes it by the way?)
    only i'm not on the meriweather train
    would like to bring in one of the vets.
    see who responds best to him starting and getting some learnin'

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from zeitgeist49. Show zeitgeist49's posts

In Response to Ideal defensive starters?:
    [QUOTE]What would your ideal starting D be ? DL: Wilfork Haynesworth Ellis OLB: Cunningham Moore ILB: Mayo Spikes Safety: Merriweather Chung CB: Bodden McCourty Is this our best lineup based on what you have seen so far?
    Posted by PatFanInBA2[/QUOTE]

I'm  not  sure  why  so  many  posters  have  Cunningham  starting.  I  guess  it's  the  copycat  syndrome.  Cunningham  has  had  a  poor  training  camp  and  clearly  doesn't  fit  well  into  most  of  BB's  new  schemes.  He  doesn't  put  pressure  on  the  QB  and  is  average  at  best  in  other  areas.  And  Merriweather  also  has  had  a  poor  training  camp.  BB  isn't  just  going  to  give  these  guys  spots  just  b/c  they  they  had  significant  playing  time  last  year.  I  see  Carter  and  Anderson  getting  a  lot  more  playing  time  than  Cunningham  in  4-3  schemes.
    I  think  it's  too  early  to  predict  our  best lineup.  But  so  far, I  would  have  Wilfork, Haynesworth, Ellis  and  Carter  up  front.  Spikes  in  the  middle  and  Mayo  and  Moore  on  the  outside.  The  corners  would  be  DM  and  possibly  Bodden, although  unlike  many  posters, I'm  not  sold  on  Bodden.  The  safeties  would  be  Chung  and  Brown. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ideal defensive starters? : i think you got it closest lifer. (how goes it by the way?) only i'm not on the meriweather train would like to bring in one of the vets. see who responds best to him starting and getting some learnin'
    Posted by brdbreu[/QUOTE]

Thanks. Going well here. Looking forward to the season starting, and also MB starting up his 2012 draft thread.
    I'm not a big fan of Meri either, but we don't have a lot of options at the moment. If Sergio Brown can step up (i like his play), or we bring someone else in, I will change my opinion on it. As for now, as much as some of us don't like Meri's play, he may be our best option back there.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Ideal defensive starters? : I'm  not  sure  why  so  many  posters  have  Cunningham  starting.  I  guess  it's  the  copycat  syndrome.  Cunningham  has  had  a  poor  training  camp  and  clearly  doesn't  fit  well  into  most  of  BB's  new  schemes.  He  doesn't  put  pressure  on  the  QB  and  is  average  at  best  in  other  areas.  And  Merriweather  also  has  had  a  poor  training  camp.  BB  isn't  just  going  to  give  these  guys  spots  just  b/c  they  they  had  significant  playing  time  last  year.  I  see  Carter  and  Anderson  getting  a  lot  more  playing  time  than  Cunningham  in  4-3  schemes. I  think  it's  too  early  to  predict  our  best lineup.  But  so  far, I  would  have  Wilfork, Haynesworth, Ellis  and  Carter  up  front.  Spikes  in  the  middle  and  Mayo  and  Moore  on  the  outside.  The  corners  would  be  DM  and  possibly  Bodden, although  unlike  many  posters, I'm  not  sold  on  Bodden.  The  safeties  would  be  Chung  and  Brown. 
    Posted by zeitgeist49[/QUOTE]

I have Cunningham starting in the 3 man line, starting as an OLB. I think it's between he and Moore for that role. In terms of the 4+ man line, I think he provides depth behind Anderson, Carter, Moore as a DE...maybe even Ellis ahead of him...wait and see on this one.
    I don't see Moore lining up as a 4-3 LB. He just doesn't have the speed and range to play that position. he's better suited as 4-3 DE, or 3-4 OLB. I also don't see Vince lining up as a DE in a 4 man line. He's best suited inside, and you want a speedier guy on the end, like Moore, Anderson or Carter. I think we'll see a rotation on the inside of Vince, Al, Ellis and Pryor. If for some reason the Pats wanted to run a 5 man line, I think we could see Carter/Anderson on 1 end, Ellis on the other, and Pryor, Vince and Al as the DT's. I personally like Pryor as an interior rusher. he has show explosion, good strength and the ability to penetrate. He's going to get some reps in the rotation inside with 4+ man lines.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from KyleCleric2. Show KyleCleric2's posts

DE: Ellis, Carter
    DT: Wilfork, Haynesworth
    SLB: Ninkovich
    MLB: Spikes
    WLB: Mayo
    CB: Bodden, McCourty
    S: Meriweather, Chung

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from brdbreu. Show brdbreu's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Ideal defensive starters? : I'm  not  sure  why  so  many  posters  have  Cunningham  starting.  I  guess  it's  the  copycat  syndrome.  Cunningham  has  had  a  poor  training  camp  and  clearly  doesn't  fit  well  into  most  of  BB's  new  schemes.  He  doesn't  put  pressure  on  the  QB  and  is  average  at  best  in  other  areas.  And  Merriweather  also  has  had  a  poor  training  camp.  BB  isn't  just  going  to  give  these  guys  spots  just  b/c  they  they  had  significant  playing  time  last  year.  I  see  Carter  and  Anderson  getting  a  lot  more  playing  time  than  Cunningham  in  4-3  schemes. I  think  it's  too  early  to  predict  our  best lineup.  But  so  far, I  would  have  Wilfork, Haynesworth, Ellis  and  Carter  up  front.  Spikes  in  the  middle  and  Mayo  and  Moore  on  the  outside.  The  corners  would  be  DM  and  possibly  Bodden, although  unlike  many  posters, I'm  not  sold  on  Bodden.  The  safeties  would  be  Chung  and  Brown. 
    Posted by zeitgeist49[/QUOTE]

agreed on cunningham,
    i have hm in the mix because we havent given up on him yet.
    i dont have him as a "starter"

Sections
Shortcuts